Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

Aaand SWTOR is free to play now.Looks like all of my Luka Sene characters were switched over to The Red Eclipse server.And one or two Begeren Colony characters were switched to The Bastion.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So... I'm the only one who liked Jar Jar AND the prequels?
Pretty much. Jar Jar is at best out of place in a franchise where planets blow up, and at worst a horribly offensive , and incidentally unbelievably obnoxious ethnic stereotype. Not sure what you see in him.As far as Episode VII goes... first off, this is obviously just a cash-grab and not some kind of long-awaited epic continuation or whatever, because they've got absolutely no @#$%%$# idea where they're going with this. George Lucas must've just said, "Hey, I want to make even more money than I already have. Let's milk the Star Wars cash cow even more," without thinking anything through first. So, I'll keep my expectations low. Second... where would you go, anyway? Darth Vader's dead, the Empire is over, and Mark Hamill, Carrey Fisher, and Harrison Ford are so old that trying to re-spark the magic with them would just be depressing. Of course,they could just do something that, aside from the name, is totally unrelated, but then why would anybody want to see it? Third, this is going to completely wipe out the EU. At this point, they ought to just say it's a different continuity or something, instead of trying to work it all in. Finally, I doubt Lucas will get some director who'll do anything crazy with the franchise. Most likely, he'll get some director-for-hire like John Favreau with no real vision and who'll do whatever he wants without blinking, just like Rick McCallum and the rest of the crew who did the prequels.I've come to the conclusion that there is no way any Star Wars novel or comic can be any good. If they had a good idea, they'd make it into a movie or something.Very weak season of Clone Wars so far, after a really strong start. Onderon was really mediocre and boring, and this Young Jedi arc is just dumb. This upcoming droid arc also looks pitiful. I'm still holding out for the rest of the Darth Maul episodes, and the Clovis arc, as well as the Jedi temple arc (probably the season finale), look interesting, too.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Toa Zaz, there's a few itty bitty points I think I should point out.

• George Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney. He will be coming in to Episode VII as a creative adviser/assistant. While this could mean he has some throwing power, in the world of Hollywood, a creative adviser in this situation is basically "We respect you, we know you have fans, but for your own good please don't argue too much." I may be wrong and Lucas may have a larger throwing power here, but in the process of selling Lucasfilm he sold his trademarks and rights to the Star Wars franchise. Disney could, legally speaking, do whatever they want. Fanbase speaking it'd be a poor move, but you get my point. Lucas is not at all running the picture as obsessively compulsively as he was before. He's an adviser, someone to sit there and offer his two cents from time to time. If you don't believe me, there are statements of him saying he will not be as involved this time around and will be instead focusing on other projects, film or other.
  • He's not making anywhere near the amount of money he was from before. His primarily money is the four plus billion he got off of selling Lucasfilm. Disney is the one using it as a cashcow, not him. I'm not even sure if he gets a dime out of the proceedings.'
  • Have you ever read about revolutions IRL? You don't take down an evil empire and live happily ever after. There's still those who practice the dark arts roaming around, there's millions if not billions of stormtroopers across the galaxy with leaders who aren't as likely to surrender so quickly, there's so much that can and most likely will happen.
  • If they bring in some big SW EU names like Zahn, I'm sure Disney respects the franchise enough to listen to their opinions and ideas for a story.
  • Again, Lucas isn't in charge.
  • I see Timothy Zahn doesn't ring a bell?

Am I saying that Episode VII will be good without any hint of a doubt? Of course not. However, I am getting rather annoyed with all the people who are proclaiming the end of Star Wars as we know it. George Lucas has little to no power this go around, Disney has said they'll be talking to the big SW novelists, and there's a significant fanbase to please. Power-wise I think that it's in alright to great hands, and economically it's in Disney's best interests to do everything possible to make Episode VII amazing. They know just how big a risk this is, so they aren't going hand it off to some two-bit director and say "hurr hurr people will see it anyways."TL;DR Lucas is out of a job and Disney, even though it is an evil corporation of doom, is very good at keeping up public relations when it comes to their bought properties.

Edited by Void Prophet Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Actually, the Battle of Endor is not the end of the Galactic Civil War, it lasted for another 14 years... also Palpatine came back during that time, assuming they are going with that route. There is also the Yuuzhan Vong War and the Legacy Era (of which the original cast would be the appropriate age for), then the later Legacy Era with Cade Skywalker, if that is not good enough. So many options, assuming they look at the EU timeline for ideas.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

As soon as I heard Huyang's voice in the latest episode, I knew it was David Tennant. It was an interesting episode, though, and creates yet another problem relating to Pirates.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Toa zaz... "Where would we go?" Well, we could deal with the Thrawn Trilogy, the Ssi-Ru invasion of Bakura, the life of Anikan Solo, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Lowbacca, Tenel-Ka. Perhaps the rise of the Second Imperium? The Diversity Alliance? The reborn Black Sun? The Yuuzhan Vong invasion? The Nagai invasion? The return of the Sith empire (the ones that don't follow the "Rule of two"). There's an incredible amount of material they could cover, if they chose. Sheesh, they could even show the Legacy era war between the Fel Empire, Sith Empire, and the Galactic Alliance.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I do want to see the next episodes concentrate on some new characters, with some minor cameos of the main characters from the old cast. I do want a new story, but one that does not conflict with the established EU.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

How many of you actually said out loud "What? They can't do that!" when they heard the news of Episode VII?Well, just to throw in my two cents, I think Disney was quite... well, they showed little forethought. The series after Episode VI, all of them, up till Cade Skywalker, is quite well-established. If the fans are going to be appeased, they need to do a movie within the E, which is quite a rigid criteria for any movie. So I can only say, Disney is milking the series. Still, keep your fingers crossed for a positive surprise.

Something I would like to point out about this weeks clonewars epsiode.In SW:III Gen Grievous had 2 blue and 2 green light sabers. In the ep, he has 3 blue and 1 green.Asohka's light saber is green. Dont know if this is just a coincidence or not, but their might be something in it

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Toa zaz... "Where would we go?" Well, we could deal with the Thrawn Trilogy, the Ssi-Ru invasion of Bakura, the life of Anikan Solo, Jaina Solo, Jacen Solo, Lowbacca, Tenel-Ka. Perhaps the rise of the Second Imperium? The Diversity Alliance? The reborn Black Sun? The Yuuzhan Vong invasion? The Nagai invasion? The return of the Sith empire (the ones that don't follow the "Rule of two"). There's an incredible amount of material they could cover, if they chose. Sheesh, they could even show the Legacy era war between the Fel Empire, Sith Empire, and the Galactic Alliance.
Yes, but for mainstream audiences to care, they'd have to bring back at least some of the main cast, and they're so old that having them return would be kind of depressing.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Something I would like to point out about this weeks clonewars epsiode.In SW:III Gen Grievous had 2 blue and 2 green light sabers. In the ep, he has 3 blue and 1 green.Asohka's light saber is green. Dont know if this is just a coincidence or not, but their might be something in it
I hope hope hope this is the case. The thought of it brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I hope hope hope this is the case. The thought of it brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart.
Wasn't Ahsoka Killed by Grievous in a deleted scene in Ep. III?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

No, that was Shaak Ti, a different Togruta. There's another deleted scene where she gets killed off during Anakin's little tiff in the Jedi Temple (clearly the movie-makers had something against her...), he hacks her down while she's hologramming to Obi-Wan. That scene actually made it into the first Lego Star Wars game funnily enough

Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I don't think it was Ashoka, but rather another Twi'liek Jedi we've seen before. She looks at least in her thirties, maybe late twenties. I don't think Twi'lieks magically age from teenagers to full grown adults in the span of four years.Power ninja'd me, and did a hilariously better job of fact checking than me. Ignore this.

Edited by Cybernetic Alex Humva

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Ah, Ok. I knew it was somebody of the same species, at least :P

Edited by Bulik

I don't think it was Ashoka, but rather another Twi'liek Jedi we've seen before. She looks at least in her thirties, maybe late twenties. I don't think Twi'lieks magically age from teenagers to full grown adults in the span of four years.Power ninja'd me, and did a hilariously better job of fact checking than me. Ignore this.
She's a Togruta, not a Twi'lek.

Yeah, my knowledge of Star Wars species is hilariously bad.

voidstars.png

But there is a way to identify if Ahsoka's lightsaber will end up with Grevious. All lightsaber hilts (at least those that are used by main characters) have different designs. All we have to do is compare Grevious' Episode III sabers to the ones that Ahsoka carries. I am sure that close up images of both of those exist, but I do not care to find them myself.EDIT: I lied. The green lightsaber hilts from Episode III do not match Ahsoka's.

Edited by J46 Nui

But there is a way to identify if Ahsoka's lightsaber will end up with Grevious. All lightsaber hilts (at least those that are used by main characters) have different designs. All we have to do is compare Grevious' Episode III sabers to the ones that Ahsoka carries. I am sure that close up images of both of those exist, but I do not care to find them myself.
I coudnt see any resembulence, but we will see.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

But there is a way to identify if Ahsoka's lightsaber will end up with Grevious. All lightsaber hilts (at least those that are used by main characters) have different designs. All we have to do is compare Grevious' Episode III sabers to the ones that Ahsoka carries. I am sure that close up images of both of those exist, but I do not care to find them myself.EDIT: I lied. The green lightsaber hilts from Episode III do not match Ahsoka's.
It could still be possible. The makers of Episode 3 probably had no foresight for this situation, so the death of Ashoka via grievous still has a chance. Either way, such a death would make great character development for an Anakin and his dark side turning.

It could still be possible. The makers of Episode 3 probably had no foresight for this situation, so the death of Ashoka via grievous still has a chance. Either way, such a death would make great character development for an Anakin and his dark side turning.
Any one think Asohka might be in the new trilogy as like an old Tohuga?

So long as I get to see her die, I'm happy. :P
I hope she dies during the Clone Wars, to fuel Anakin's turning to evil, etc. They've shown they can kill off other memorable characters before. Maybe within the next few seasons...

I hope she dies during the Clone Wars, to fuel Anakin's turning to evil, etc. They've shown they can kill off other memorable characters before. Maybe within the next few seasons...
Well although I love the character, I really want her to die for some reason

I feel the same way. Another interesting thing I see about her character is that throughout each series, we see her with more skill, authority, and once, even new lightsabers.

On the topic of Ahsoka's fate, the way I see it is that Ahsoka goes MIA and everybody assumes her dead and either we leave it at that or that she either survives Order 66 or goes down fighting.What I'd really want to see? After the last episode of the CW, an epilogue is featured where it shows Ahsoka either battling Darth Vader or the Dark Apprentice. Personally, I'd prefer the latter; he didn't get enough action.On another topic, DISNEY! STICK TO THE 30 YEARS OF HARD WORK MANY AUTHORS HAVE PUT IN! STICK TO THE EU! If they do bring the original actors back, they'd only be able to play the Legacy Era.

I feel the same way. Another interesting thing I see about her character is that throughout each series, we see her with more skill, authority, and once, even new lightsabers.
I really like Ahsoka now too. To spite the fact that a 16 year old padawan leading armies is incredibly unrealistic I find her character to be surprisingly developed. I would not even consider her sidekick material any more. She has had a lead role in both of the major arcs this season and based on the trailer she has another one with Asajj Ventress coming up. If it were not for her ridiculous age she could be one of my favorites.What I would like to see is her get killed by Darth Vader at the Jedi temple, that would really help us not like Anakin again. He's been such a hero lately that the series will have to do some drastic work to make him the wangsty psycho we saw in episode III. I doubt Darth Vader's emotional attachment would have much sway. After all, he had no restrictions about killing kids and trying to kill Mace Windu and Obi-Wan.I think Rex's fate sould be similar. He sould be against order 66 and Darth Vader kills him because he's crazy in love. It would also be good foreshadowing for all the imperial officers he eventually kills. It's noteworthy that Rex was not leader of the 501st during operation knightfall, that was commander Appo. Something would need to have happen to him before the temple massacre.How do you think the series will handle episode III? do you think it will end at the battle of Corusant or do you think it will run threw the movie. I imagine that would be necessary if they wanted to show the effects of order 66 and the new order on clone wars characters.

That is all

Rex wasn't the leader of the 501st ever. He was only the Captain of Torrent Company. It's just that Anakin dragged him along with him wherever he went.
I suppose you have a point there. He does seem to be in charge for all his clone wars appearances however. Darth Vader killing him for protesting the purge would still provide some great development. I would really be an epic demise for him and make Darth Vader eviler.

That is all

Honestly, though, why do no female Jedi wear anything practical? I can get that Jedi don't wear armor, ever, because they're a bunch of bloody stupid space-monks, but why do the female Jedi have to wear these ridiculous outfits that provide even nicer targets for anyone who happens to be smart enough to carry a slugthrower?

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

It's the same disease that plagues female video game characters, apparently. Even if the Jedi are warrior monks, it is strange how most males by this point wear a small layer of armor over their robes, yet females still wear crazy impractical outfits. You bring up a very good point.*scratches head*

There is jedi armor, but it is presumably not as protective as normal armor and made to go with your robes. If you want to go by the RPGs (like KOTOR), armor restricts movement which is needed for some force powers. It can also be more pointless if you can just absorb blaster rounds with the force, your lightsaber, or "force speed" your way out of their path entirely.

Edited by Samhain

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.