• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Official Star Wars Topic

Star Wars

• Please log in to reply
792 replies to this topic

#721 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted May 06 2013 - 09:23 PM

DICE could certainly make a great Battlefront but EA would just push them to make another CoD clone

#722 Offline The Lord Of Wednesday

The Lord Of Wednesday
  • Members
  • Toa

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2013 - 11:47 PM

[color=#008000;]I have taken the liberty of making this for all who have heard of Disney's recent actions, let's be honest here...[/color]

[color=#008000;]Posted Image[/color]

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

#723 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

Madara: Mangekyou Master
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2013 - 12:30 AM

Wow, what a shame. I'd imagine that Disney's cancellation of the show was done to draw the universe around the upcoming films. The Clone Wars are terribly interesting, but Disney may feel that they've been milked for all they're worth. :(  

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

#724 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2013 - 12:54 AM

Called it. Totally called this.

I dread the upcoming movie. Truly I do

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#725 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2013 - 01:26 AM

On the bright side, it may end up exceeding some of the fandom's lowered expectations.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#726 Online Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2013 - 01:32 AM

On the bright side, it may end up exceeding some of the fandom's lowered expectations.

"Well. Gee, that only crushed half my dreams. I was expecting to kill them, bring them back to life only to kill them again...."

:P

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#727 Offline Toa Talo

Toa Talo
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 50 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2013 - 07:09 AM

DICE could certainly make a great Battlefront but EA would just push them to make another CoD clone

At least we get another battlefront that is really a shooter and not that battlefront elite squadron kind of game. Who knows hopefully it won't be a CoD clone. Even if it is I might play it anyway just to try it. I still remember how I got the first battlefront.

Edited by Toa Talo, May 07 2013 - 07:12 AM.

wearewaiting.gif

I am Talo last of the toa of the lost  element of AWESOME.

#728 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Drifter

• 13,073 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 07 2013 - 09:19 AM

Guys, come on. Any Battlefront games wouldn't be CoD clones. Wrong company. They'd be Battlefield clones. Gosh. :rolleyes:~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#729 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 622 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2013 - 10:41 AM

the only game that I would really play from EA is if they spent about four years making Battle Front 3. why four years? allows for a lot of time to correct stuff that Beta Testers didn't like.

76561198084895102.png

#730 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

Takuaka: Toa of Time
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted May 07 2013 - 08:29 PM

So who else has seen the latest preview for the "bonus content" of season six? I must say the animation in there is incredible.

This is where I'm supposed to have a signature, right? Alright, then.

Timaka: Toa of Time

I have very neat hand-writing.

#731 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted May 07 2013 - 09:00 PM

Guys, come on. Any Battlefront games wouldn't be CoD clones. Wrong company. They'd be Battlefield clones. Gosh. :rolleyes:~|ET|~

Obviously all video games are Pong clones

#732 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,532 posts
  •  

Posted May 11 2013 - 01:53 PM

Any one got more info on the new Star Wars 1313 game. I just forgot the developer. And I saw the vid yesterday.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#733 Offline Portal Nuvia

Portal Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Seeker

• 298 posts

Posted May 11 2013 - 01:57 PM

Any one got more info on the new Star Wars 1313 game. I just forgot the developer. And I saw the vid yesterday.

Other then the fact it got canceled because of Disney? Nope.

Also I just realized, EA got the games, not Activision. For some reason I thought Activision got it... =P

#734 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,532 posts
  •  

Posted May 11 2013 - 01:59 PM

yes I know it's EA, but which one. Is it DICE, Crytik (I think I got that right), or BioWare?

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#735 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,235 posts
  •  

Posted May 11 2013 - 02:03 PM

Bioware, DICE, and Visceral are all working on Star Wars games,  apparently.

#736 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,532 posts
  •  

Posted May 11 2013 - 02:15 PM

And Visceral, I forgot that one.

BZPRPG Profiles

#737 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted May 11 2013 - 02:34 PM

EA has publishing rights, meaning any of the studios they own can make Star Wars games

#738 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Drifter

• 13,073 posts

Posted May 20 2013 - 07:45 PM

So there's going to be a new cartoon, Rebels, set between Episodes III and IV.Color me very intrigued.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#739 Offline dotcom

dotcom
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,789 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2013 - 12:04 AM

So there's going to be a new cartoon, Rebels, set between Episodes III and IV.Color me very intrigued.~|ET|~

Hmmm, that's interesting. I'm guessing this means the live-action series  that was planned for that time period won't be happening.

Either way, hopefully this cartoon lives up to its predecessor...

storengusu_-_copy.jpg

#740 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Drifter

• 13,073 posts

Posted May 21 2013 - 08:09 AM

Hmmm, that's interesting. I'm guessing this means the live-action series  that was planned for that time period won't be happening. Either way, hopefully this cartoon lives up to its predecessor...
I hadn't thought about that at first, but seeing as they share the same premise, it's likely. I'm not sure which I'd rather have, but with a cartoon they can be more.. creative with action scenes and effects, so it might work out for the best.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#741 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2013 - 10:45 AM

I'm (maybe overly) optimistic about Rebels. Imo, the Clone Wars has been milked for all its worth for the past 10 years (at least in the 'mainstream' media). It's about time that Star Wars fans got a different setting.  

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#742 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members

• 1,796 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2013 - 04:37 AM

Tell that to Disney. I really hope the movie is at least decent.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.

#743 Offline Madara: Mangekyou Master

• Members

• 1,719 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2013 - 11:55 PM

It really is a pity that 1313 got cancelled. Boba Fett's adventures would have tied in nicely with the new focus they have on the Rebels period. :( 

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master, May 24 2013 - 11:59 PM.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

#744 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,532 posts
  •  

Posted May 26 2013 - 07:14 PM

What?! Well that's a bummer since I remember hearing about it a few weeks ago. Though I should have seen it coming since Disney laid off the entire LucasArt's Staff.

Anyways, in Republic Commando, when you customize your character as a clone, there are five different armor paints. Fixer (Hacker I think), Scorch (Demolition), Sev (Sniper), Night Ops, and Recon. Is this a canon skin, or fanon skin, since I can't find out.

BZPRPG Profiles

#745 Offline The Lord Of Wednesday

The Lord Of Wednesday
  • Members
  • Toa

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 01 2013 - 03:02 PM

[color=#008000;]For those of us with Ipads, Knights Of The Old Republic is now available on the App Store. It cost $10.[/color]

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

#746 Offline J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 716 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 04 2013 - 11:03 PM

Portable KOTOR? That sounds nice. Too bad that my IPod has next to no memory left.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

BZPRPG Characters Page

#747 Offline Site Lurking Youkai

Site Lurking Youkai
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 247 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 11 2013 - 01:08 AM

[color=#008080;][font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Heard about the new Battlefront game in production and squealed like a little girl[/color][/font] [font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=#008080;]and thought about the fun me and some of my friends could have, seeing how we lose nights of sleep marathoning huge 750 troop battles in Battlefront II.[/color][/font]

kogasa_sig.jpg

#748 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • The Drifter

• 13,073 posts

Posted Jun 11 2013 - 08:56 AM

Yep, really looking forward to this. ^_^~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

#749 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,680 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 11 2013 - 12:10 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]If DICE can outdo themselves and bring, say, 128 player battles to this new Battlefront?[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]...I'd shovel so much money at them. Soooo much money.[/font]

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#750 Offline Kingslayer

Kingslayer
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,230 posts

Posted Jun 17 2013 - 07:05 AM

Okay guys. Lets start a list of what we would really like to see for the new game. 

I want good character customization. 

#751 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,680 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2013 - 09:23 AM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]I agree that decaling your soldier would be pretty cool, though them sticking to the class-types from Battlefront II would be what I want in that area. Being able to customize some measure of your look would set you apart from the rest of the Rebel mooks though.[/font]

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#752 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jun 17 2013 - 03:49 PM

Bring back vehicles for ground battles like the first game had. Since DICE is doing it I'm pretty optimistic this will happen.

I'd also like larger maps and more troops on the field at once now that technology has advanced.

Also remakes of all the old maps.

#753 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,680 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2013 - 05:45 AM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]Really, touch up the graphics, give us 64 or, maybe, just maybe, 128 player multiplayer (modern machines are perfectly capable of it), have a better multiplayer client than Gamespy, and maybe give some sort of multiplayer ranking system, and I'll be perfectly happy even if they clone Battlefront 2. =P[/font]

voidstars.png

#754 Offline Kingslayer

Kingslayer
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,230 posts

Posted Jun 18 2013 - 09:50 AM

They should update the physics engine as well.

#755 Offline man774

man774
  • Members
  • Toa

• 104 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 17 2013 - 09:14 AM

[color=#800080;]And yet, a Star Trek/Star Wars crossover seems hilarious to me.[/color]

Ever watch the tv show mad on cartoon network? They have so many star wars references in their parody of star trek. they even steal the ending to star wars.

what is more dangerous? bulk with a pakari? or justin bieber's singing?

Dirk Pitt could beat Chuck Norris. Dirk Pitt is the Chuck Norris of the 70's.

#756 Offline Tahu's Courage

Tahu's Courage
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 18 posts

Posted Jul 17 2013 - 04:01 PM

If Boba Fett and Han Solo were caught in a fight to the death, who would win? Who would win in a dogfight? Or in a firefight?

Edited by Tahu's Courage, Jul 17 2013 - 04:03 PM.

stooges1-300x204.jpg

#757 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

• Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2013 - 07:42 PM

If Boba Fett and Han Solo were caught in a fight to the death, who would win? Who would win in a dogfight? Or in a firefight?

Roll a pair of dice. If you get an even number, Han wins. If an odd, then Boba. That's my answer and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by Takuaka: Toa of Time, Jul 24 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#758 Offline Stryker055

Stryker055
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 4,352 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 01:10 PM

The better question is who would shoot first?

fmh-mtmte-17-10.jpg

#759 Offline Takuaka: Toa of Time

• Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2013 - 10:32 PM

The better question is who would shoot first?

Either Chewbacca or Leia.

#760 Offline Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,114 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 05 2013 - 02:41 PM

I have only somewhat recently started getting into the Star Wars Expanded universe. To me, Star Wars was mostly six films, a tv show (The Clone Wars) and one awesome video game (Battlefront II)

Over the course of the last several months, that has changed, however.

I bought the KotOR games on a whim, and It's safe to say I have few regrets about that.

I checked out Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars (the 2003 2d one), surprisingly more entertaining than the CGI version (then again, it is Tartakovsky we're talking about here)

Bought The Force Unleashed as well, definitely bridged the gap between episodes III and IV.

I'm currently reading Darth Bane: Rule of Two, and I'm already planning on picking up some more novels as well. (Any recommendations?)

Now, if only I could get Rogue Squadron and Episode I Racer working on my computer again, and fix that issue I have with TOR...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users