• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Official Star Wars Topic

Star Wars

• Please log in to reply
792 replies to this topic

#761 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 05 2013 - 04:48 PM

I'm currently reading Darth Bane: Rule of Two, and I'm already planning on picking up some more novels as well. (Any recommendations?)

The Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and Last Command) by Timothy Zahn. Seriously, if you read no other books, read those ones. Characters being competent and clever, intelligent uses and counters for Jedi powers, and proper character arcs

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#762 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 05 2013 - 04:49 PM

Seconded on the Thrawn Trilogy. In my opinion, you can't call yourself a proper Star Wars fan if you haven't read them.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#763 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Aug 05 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'm currently reading Darth Bane: Rule of Two, and I'm already planning on picking up some more novels as well. (Any recommendations?)

Did you read the previous book? Do you plan on reading the third book?

#764 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Drifter

• 13,096 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 05 2013 - 06:10 PM

And thirded. You have to read them.Besides that, probably the X-Wing series. Add those two to the Darth Bane trilogy and you have pretty much all of my favorite books in the Expanded Universe.New Jedi Order is going to be quite the journey, so don't start down that path until you're really serious. Unfortunately, it also makes the Dark Nest Crisis, Legacy of the Force, and Fate of the Jedi series (basically everything that "continues" the story after Episode VI) less impactful, because you miss out on a lot of the backstory to the characters there.Look into more of Zahn's work, too. I've not been dissatisfied with any of his novels.

Did you read the previous book? Do you plan on reading the third book?

That actually seems like a good question lol. Didn't even notice that wasn't the first at first. Definitely complete the trilogy.----I'm at the point where if I want to keep reading the Expanded Universe (which I do haha), I've got to go to things I've ignored up until now. Just started Coruscant Nights and except for the now-non-canon beginning with Even Piell (which I knew about going in anyways and seriously... when are they going to make the decision on whether these are still canon at all?) it's surprisingly not bad. Besides the few random post-Episode VI books I need to pick up still, like The Crystal Star and The New Rebellion, I'll probably finally jump into the Republic Commando books next.~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk, Aug 05 2013 - 06:11 PM.

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#765 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,167 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2013 - 01:26 AM

Wait, there's three Darth Bane books, I thought it was a duology.

Also, I was pretty confused about which order the books were in, judging from the info on the backside it seemed like Rule of Two came before Path of Destruction, since, while they both mentioned Zannah, Rule of Two made it seem like her and Bane had just met (which they also had), while PoD made a more detailed description of sorts, if that makes any sense.

Also; Thrawn Trilogy, noted

#766 Offline JAG18

JAG18
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 371 posts

Posted Mar 03 2014 - 10:54 PM

So, anyone remember/heard of, an old Star Wars board game called Epic Duels?  It was released to promote "Attack of the Clones" back in 2002 and there were characters like Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi.  Lots of fun.

#767 Offline Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,328 posts

Posted Mar 05 2014 - 04:42 AM

Wait, there's three Darth Bane books, I thought it was a duology. Also, I was pretty confused about which order the books were in, judging from the info on the backside it seemed like Rule of Two came before Path of Destruction, since, while they both mentioned Zannah, Rule of Two made it seem like her and Bane had just met (which they also had), while PoD made a more detailed description of sorts, if that makes any sense. Also; Thrawn Trilogy, noted

I'm on the third one. It goes PoD, RoT and then DoE

#768 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members

• 3,167 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2014 - 04:43 AM

Well, then I'll have to pick up the other two as well and read them in order. Thanks.

#769 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 505 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2014 - 06:31 PM

Who is pumped for the release of Star Wars: Clone Wars The Lost Missions on Netflix?

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#770 Offline Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,328 posts

Posted Mar 06 2014 - 02:59 AM

I know I am . But what do you think of Rebels. I think it could be good, it depends on which direction they take.

#771 Offline J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 731 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2014 - 01:31 AM

Rebels look promising so far. I do like that a Mandalorian who is neither a pacifist or a Death Watch is part of the main cast.

I am trying to find some time to get through season 6 of The Clone Wars, but I have at least three papers to write for my college. :(

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

#772 Offline JAG18

JAG18
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 371 posts

Posted Mar 29 2014 - 12:05 PM

Not sure how much everyone here cares about this, but has anyone noticed that March Madness is back?  Basically, Starwars.com has put up a poll of thirty-two of the greatest Star Wars characters, where two Light Side and two Dark Side characters battle it out each round to see who is the greatest Star Wars character of all time.

Right not, it's down to the top sixteen and Boba is way ahead of his father Jango by almost 40% of the votes!  On the Light Side, Obi-Wan and Yoda (last year's winner) are neck and neck, with Obi-Wan in a slight lead.  

#773 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 505 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2014 - 07:30 PM

In my opinion, while it's great that Disney will continue to build off the great work that Dave Filroni and the Clone Wars team did in the CGI-animated show, I'm much less excited for Rebels than for Clone Wars. This is probably for a number of reasons.

Firstly, when the Clone Wars came out, that was like six years ago - I was much younger and had different interests.

Secondly, I like clone troopers over stormtroopers.

Thirdly, it's going to be very difficult to compare to such a high-quality TV show like the latter episodes of the Clone Wars.

Fourthly, some of the characters really rub me the wrong way. Take that Mandalorian gal - she doesn't wear a Mando helmet or a jetpack and likes graffiti. To me, Mando characters should be hard, tough guys. Yes, there can be more to them than meets the eye (Fives, the clone commandos from Republic Commando, Skirata), but she doesn't feel Mando to me. In addition, the cowboy Jedi guy - any Jedi who goes around waving a lightsaber post Order-66 is going to be immediately slaughtered by all Imperial authorities within the whole sector, maybe even by Vader himself. They're obviously going to have to keep this character around, a character who is built off of an unrealistic premise from the get-go.

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

#774 Offline JAG18

JAG18
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 371 posts

Posted Apr 02 2014 - 09:06 PM

Personally, I'm not too excited about "Rebels" because I don't get Disney XD on my TV.   :P

You know I'd never real thought about it, but your right about the new Rebels show having some big shoes to fill.  Anyway, I've seen the Mando girl (Sabine) wear a helmet in a few clips, but yeah your right she doesn't really feel too Mandolorian.   Good point about the cowboy Jedi being a big fat target waving around that lightsaber post Order 66, but it looks like he's a bit like Episode V Luke--blaster first, lightsaber second.  

#775 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,249 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 02 2014 - 09:18 PM

Fourthly, some of the characters really rub me the wrong way. Take that Mandalorian gal - she doesn't wear a Mando helmet or a jetpack and likes graffiti. To me, Mando characters should be hard, tough guys. Yes, there can be more to them than meets the eye (Fives, the clone commandos from Republic Commando, Skirata), but she doesn't feel Mando to me. 

On the contrary, I think the Mandalorians need to move away from a bit of that frat boy hoorah shtick. We've seen enough of it over the years. Time for some personality diversity.

-Tyler

~who is this sassy delight getting reported so much~

#776 Offline Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,328 posts

Posted Apr 03 2014 - 02:16 AM

Fourthly, some of the characters really rub me the wrong way. Take that Mandalorian gal - she doesn't wear a Mando helmet or a jetpack and likes graffiti. To me, Mando characters should be hard, tough guys. Yes, there can be more to them than meets the eye (Fives, the clone commandos from Republic Commando, Skirata), but she doesn't feel Mando to me.

On the contrary, I think the Mandalorians need to move away from a bit of that frat boy hoorah shtick. We've seen enough of it over the years. Time for some personality diversity.

-Tyler
Thank you! I was getting sick of it by the end of the series.

#777 Offline ~~Zarkan~~

~~Zarkan~~
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,572 posts

Posted Apr 10 2014 - 11:40 AM

Ugh, no....

British actress reported up for the role of Obi-Wan's daughter

I'm all for retconning the prequels, but giving Obi-Wan a secret love child just doesn't seem right to me. I hope the rumors of her role are false and she ends up playing a character unconnected to the OT cast.

Yeah, not much to say right now.

#778 Offline JAG18

JAG18
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 371 posts

Posted Apr 10 2014 - 01:56 PM

If this is true (and I hope it's not), than the words of a certain gold droid come to mind, "We're doomed."  

I mean I suppose it could work in established canon, but I don't know; I'd have to see how it works out in the movie before deciding on how good an idea it is.  

#779 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 505 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2014 - 04:50 PM

Ugh, no....

British actress reported up for the role of Obi-Wan's daughter

I'm all for retconning the prequels, but giving Obi-Wan a secret love child just doesn't seem right to me. I hope the rumors of her role are false and she ends up playing a character unconnected to the OT cast.

I will actually refuse to watch any more Star Wars content in the future (besides Battlefront III) if they dare do this. Obi-Wan is supposed to provide contrast to Anakin- old vs. young, careful vs. reckless, calm vs. temperamental, good Jedi vs. bad Jedi (lover+kid), light vs. Dark. He's already had lovers before, like Siri Tachi (right?) and Duchess Satine from Clone Wars - but giving him a secret child will entirely ruin the binary that is created between two entirely likable and altogether different characters. Shame, absolute shame on Disney if they do so. 

#780 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members

• 3,185 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2014 - 11:10 AM

Obi-Wan has a DAUGHTER!??! And I'm supposed to buy this!?

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#781 Offline Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,328 posts

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 02:18 AM

I think it Might be Windus grand daughter. If he survived the window incident he seems like a Jedi who crossed the lines of light and dark quite unpredictably. Who knows what he got up to? He could have had several kids with several women for all we know?

#782 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,181 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 27 2014 - 06:39 AM

Everybody CALM DOWN!

The report says nothing about Obi-Wan's daughter. There is link to another article but this is all it says:

Even more interesting is the claim that "Abrams and Lucasfilm are now searching for a 20-something female actress who is either of mixed race or black. The rumor is that Obi-Wan Kenobi had a daughter or granddaughter."

And I don't see any sources of it anywhere. A Google search shows that any links from any articles about this issue leads to the same quote above, albeit in different articles. And none of them cite any sources. Just "the rumour".

Of course, I could be wrong.

Edited by Just Norik, Apr 27 2014 - 06:41 AM.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles

#783 Offline Valenti

Valenti
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 4,662 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 29 2014 - 08:53 PM

So roughly 15 minutes ago, Mark Hamill posted on Twitter that he's in Episode VII.

~Everypony wants to rule the world.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

topdowndiscovery3.jpg

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

~My Little Pony~ ~Mass Effect~

#784 Offline JAG18

JAG18
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 371 posts

Posted Apr 29 2014 - 09:48 PM

I thought it had already been confirmed today that pretty much the entire cast from the original Star Wars movie was going to appear in Episode VII?

#785 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,181 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2014 - 12:34 AM

It is now.

Either way...

Happy Star Wars Day!

Edited by Just Norik, May 04 2014 - 12:35 AM.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles

#786 Offline Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,328 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 02:38 AM

Anyone seen the new Rebels Trailer. It looks surprisingly good from what I've seen.

#787 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members

• 3,185 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2014 - 12:58 PM

I'm not looking forward to it, I can tell you that much.

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#788 Offline Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,328 posts

Posted May 04 2014 - 05:14 PM

How come? What turns you off about it?

#789 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members

• 3,185 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2014 - 05:19 PM

How come? What turns you off about it?

Apart from the fact that it's another CGI job, the characters are like... cut-outs of the original trio - know'm saying?

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#790 Offline Cee Matrix

Cee Matrix
  • Premier Member
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,328 posts

Posted May 05 2014 - 02:40 AM

Honestly, I can't really tell yet. Although it have heard from a lot of places that it harkens back the original in many ways. I'm normally okay with this. As long as they give the characters a bit of uniqueness.

#791 Offline Makuta of Metru Nui

Makuta of Metru Nui
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Battling Makuta!

• 502 posts

Posted May 08 2014 - 01:03 PM

I personally don't see much of a parallel between the Rebels main characters and the original trio from the footage we've seen so far. But as said above, nobody can really tell until the series airs.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it, was a big fan of TCW and even though it started a bit rough, it exceeded my expectations later in the series. Always been interested in exploring the years before A New Hope too, so Rebels has got me on board with that aspect.

I..am..shadow, the shadow that guards the gate. Now run along, or accept your doom!

makuta_mnog.jpg

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

#792 Offline Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 501 posts
  •  

Posted May 12 2014 - 09:27 PM

So I read from a bunch of YouTube comments reccently that Diseny has thrown away the entire expanded universe. The only things canon supposedly now are the two movie trilogies, the clone wars show and this Star Wars Rebels show you guys mentioned.

Its unknown if anything before the movies is canon like the Old Republic Era, but some people think so since the clone wars show mentioned Darth Bane and Darth Bane got the rule of Two from Revan.

Here's a link

Edited by Flex Till Death, May 12 2014 - 09:39 PM.

brokenmr.jpg

Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick

#793 Offline Ladon: Lord of Hesperides

Ladon: Lord of Hesperides
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,228 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2014 - 08:31 AM

I don't know if it's that they're "throwing out" the Expanded Universe-- I got the impression that they're just picking and choosing what to go by to tell the story they want to tell. Which is frustrating, but from a creative standpoint it seems like the most logical option for them to do.

Original WRITERS! Topic from the old forum.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users