• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Official Star Wars Topic

Star Wars

• Please log in to reply
865 replies to this topic

#841 Offline Jobber

Jobber
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 08-October 09
  • 1,247 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2015 - 10:12 AM

Oh yeah, never commented on it...

That finale to Rebels' first season was everything I had wanted. Fantastic episode.

It's hard to really remember how I felt about season one of Clone Wars, but despite all my qualms, the story Rebels presented still definitely satisfied me in the end.

~|ET|~

I really enjoyed that season finale too-- was really shocked that Ahsoka survived Order 66. I wonder how she'll react to Anikin being Darth Vader? Hopefully they'll show that in Season 2. 

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher, Mar 19 2015 - 10:13 AM.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

#842 Offline LegoSWfan

LegoSWfan
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 07-December 14
  • 989 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2015 - 10:34 AM

I've recently gotten Netflix, and have been able to watch all the episodes of Clone wars that I missed back when it was still on the air. :D

#843 Offline Iaredios the Hip Historian

Iaredios the Hip Historian
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 10-April 07
  • 2,547 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2015 - 01:38 PM

I've recently gotten Netflix, and have been able to watch all the episodes of Clone wars that I missed back when it was still on the air. :D

Season 6 was never shown on TV (only on Netflix), so you got to see more then some others have! :P

carolusrex12banner.png|deus_ex_banner2.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project (HEAD DEVELOPER) | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | 
Rhythm is the key as we open up the door... Some musical rhythms can mess with djo head. After the game, the King and the Pawn go in the same box.

#844 Offline LegoSWfan

LegoSWfan
  • Members

• 07-December 14
  • 989 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 19 2015 - 02:51 PM

They missed out, poor guys.

#845 Offline Iaredios the Hip Historian

• Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 10-April 07
  • 2,547 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 20 2015 - 11:02 AM

I am among their ranks, I stopped watching after Season 2; though I did watch the episodes with Mandalore (planet) and Death Watch, it made me wish I had kept watching the show.

Edited by Iaredios, Mar 20 2015 - 11:03 AM.

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project (HEAD DEVELOPER) | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | 
Rhythm is the key as we open up the door... Some musical rhythms can mess with djo head. After the game, the King and the Pawn go in the same box.

#846 Offline LegoSWfan

LegoSWfan
  • Members

• 07-December 14
  • 989 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 20 2015 - 02:31 PM

It had some duds, but so many gems.

The Umbara arc is often considered to be one of the best plots from the series.

#847 Offline Iaredios the Hip Historian

• Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 10-April 07
  • 2,547 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 20 2015 - 11:18 PM

Could you give me a brief spoiler-free exposition for 'Umbara'?

#848 Offline LegoSWfan

LegoSWfan
  • Members

• 07-December 14
  • 989 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2015 - 10:29 AM

No, any exposition would contain spoilers, sorry. It cannot be done. :)

#849 Offline CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 28-June 12
  • 1,479 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 21 2015 - 06:04 PM

So I know that they have said that Vader wont change much when he meets Ahsoka but am I the only one that finds it odd that he reacts more to finding Luke. He never even met Luke or Leia when he was Anakin yet he basically raised Ahsoka to an extent. Wouldnt Ahsoka be more like a daughter to him that Leia?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

#850 Offline LegoSWfan

LegoSWfan
  • Members

• 07-December 14
  • 989 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2015 - 06:09 PM

Interesting....

#851 Offline Jobber

Jobber
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 08-October 09
  • 1,247 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 21 2015 - 10:23 PM

So I know that they have said that Vader wont change much when he meets Ahsoka but am I the only one that finds it odd that he reacts more to finding Luke. He never even met Luke or Leia when he was Anakin yet he basically raised Ahsoka to an extent. Wouldnt Ahsoka be more like a daughter to him that Leia?

Eh...I would describe their relationship as something a brother and sister would have, if not really close friends. Based on his reaction when she left The Jedi Order for good, anyways.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

#852 Offline CeeCee

CeeCee
  • Premier Member

• 28-June 12
  • 1,479 posts

Posted Mar 22 2015 - 06:45 AM

Eh...I would describe their relationship as something a brother and sister would have, if not really close friends. Based on his reaction when she left The Jedi Order for good, anyways.

True, but if anyone were to fill a child roll to Anakin it would be Ahsoka, not Luke and Leia, right?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

#853 Offline Jobber

Jobber
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 08-October 09
  • 1,247 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 22 2015 - 08:38 AM

True, but if anyone were to fill a child roll to Anakin it would be Ahsoka, not Luke and Leia, right?

Yeah, you're right. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

#854 Offline Nightbird

Nightbird
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 18-January 15
  • 2,533 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2015 - 07:25 AM

The new villain from Star Wars: TFA. And don't you dare say anything against the new crossguard lightsaber... (Even though it isn't really new and was actually in the EU for ages until Disney handwaved the EU away into nothingness)  :P

Actually, the majority of the community considers the Disney stuff to be the new canon, and the EU to be non-canon.

I prefer to think that the EU is canon and the Disney stuff takes place in a parallel universe because it doesn't adhere to existing canon.

Why does it have to be either? Comic books have different continuity universes, why not apply the same thing to Star Wars?

Universe A/1: Movies only.

Universe B/2: Movies and pre-Disney Expanded Universe (does not include The Clone Wars show)

Universe C/3: Movies and post-Disney Expanded Universe (including The Clone Wars and Rebels shows)

Universe D/4: PT, OT, EU, clone wars.

Unless I'm confused by the whole pre/post disney thing.

The Clone Wars (not Clone Wars, the name of another animated series) conflicted with some pre-established info from the Expanded Universe, so some people (including myself) didn't like it for that reason and ignored it. With Disney's buying of Star Wars and creating a new continuity that retconned all pieces of the Expanded Universe that conflicts with the movies or takes place after Return o the JediThe Clone Wars, or Rebels, I've personally taken to classify The Clone Wars as part of Disney's continuity and not part of the previous one. Doing so allows me to watch the show with ease and since watching it recently from Season 3 I've enjoyed it.

Anyway, this is incredibly off-topic, if you want to continue discussion we can take it to the Official Star Wars topic in Completely Off-Topic (forum name is quite fitting for this instance, hahah!).

Okay, I was referring to the one with 3D animation.

#855 Offline The Xinlo Of This Story

The Xinlo Of This Story
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 16-December 04
  • 1,476 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2015 - 05:47 PM

Man, Rebels is killing me. It's getting really good with its central plot but there's still so much filler. I just want to know more about Ahsoka lol (maybe that's unfair to the show but she's such a good character I need to know what she did after clone wars, and what'll happen when she meets Vader). Also glad Hera seems to be getting more screen time than last season and Ezra a little less. He's getting better but I'm still not a huge fan.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

#856 Offline Iaredios the Hip Historian

• Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 10-April 07
  • 2,547 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2015 - 06:41 PM

Man, Rebels is killing me. It's getting really good with its central plot but there's still so much filler. I just want to know more about Ahsoka lol (maybe that's unfair to the show but she's such a good character I need to know what she did after clone wars, and what'll happen when she meets Vader). Also glad Hera seems to be getting more screen time than last season and Ezra a little less. He's getting better but I'm still not a huge fan.

It's a good show but it could be better. I still have to catch up on a couple of episodes, been too busy toying around with my Steam Controller to catch up on all my shows.

I also recently started up on The Clone Wars (starting from Season 3). Just started on the beginning of the Mandalore stuff, barely started the first episode of that before getting caught up on other things. I've seen a couple of episodes from this story-line (liked what I saw) so it'll be nice to start from the beginning and in order.

#857 Offline The Xinlo Of This Story

The Xinlo Of This Story
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 16-December 04
  • 1,476 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2015 - 08:00 PM

Clone Wars is awesome, especially from season 3 onward. I just bought the new(ish) box set of seasons 1-5 that was on sale at walmart too, so I've gotten into it again which only makes me more curious to see Rebels address some of its unresolved plotlines.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

#858 Offline Iaredios the Hip Historian

• Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 10-April 07
  • 2,547 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2015 - 08:31 PM

I still find it weird that George Lucas renamed Korriban as Morriban before he sold Star Wars to Disney.

Somewhat related to that, did anyone here know that The Clone Wars was going to have a story-line where both the CIS and the Galactic Republic was going to deal with a Yuuzhan Vong scout fleet? It was in the planning stages when Georgey sold the franchise. I REALLY wish he had let the show do that and eventually finish off with the Battle of Coruscant before the show ended, or at least make it legally binding in part of the legal deal to sell Star Wars.

EDIT: And I thought that the previous Yuuzhan Vong revelation was big. Oh-ho-HO NO! It pales in comparison with what I've got for you all!

Everybody hates Jar Jar Binks, right? Wrong, I thought he was annoying at times but he was undeserving of hate. Well, now his annoyances have my praise! What madness is this, you might ask? Well, according to the overwhelming evidence in the link down below I have become a Binkliever (I coined that term), that is, I believe that Jar Jar Binks, wait for it

... Jar Jar Binks is the main villain of the Star Wars prequels, at the very least a co-collaborator with Palpatine. Jar Jar Binks is a powerful force user and manipulated everything in close quarters while Darth Sidious does stuff from afar. His foolishness is only an act to draw attention from himself by bringing it to himself. Come my brothers and sisters-to-be, join me, in this dark illumination!

https://www.reddit.c...omments/3qvj6w/

Be sure to open this link in a new window, as there are tons of linked pictures.

Here is a video showing just one of many examples of his force persuasion powers, how he dominated lesser beings.

And now we know the true meaning behind the title, "The Phantom Menace"! George Lucas did not lie when he said that Binks was the "Key to everything". i thought he just meant that he was a tool used to create the Empire, but it goes deeper than that... Even Binks' voice-actor Ahmed Best expressed joy that someone finally figured it out after all these years.

The conspiracy continues: Ahmed Best described how fan-wide hate for Jar Jar Binks made George Lucas chicken out and rewrite the story for the prequels, and a cut scene from Revenge of the Sith was described as showing a meeting between Palpatine and Binks in private and Jar Jar Binks was darker (it was cut due to having little-to-no context in the plot of the film).

Edited by Sir Iaredios, Nov 18 2015 - 01:14 AM.

#859 Online Makuta Miras

Makuta Miras
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 25-April 14
  • 2,600 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2015 - 08:15 PM

Why is nobody talking about The Force Awakens?

Spoiler

VBWj75sh.png

#860 Offline Scythey

Scythey
  • Premier Member
  • cyberpunk bartender

• 23-September 06
  • 1,618 posts

Posted Dec 19 2015 - 08:24 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Scythey, Dec 19 2015 - 08:28 PM.

vf9yLpf.jpg

#861 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2015 - 09:27 PM

Spoiler

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

#862 Offline Papa Vinc

Papa Vinc
  • Premier Member
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 06-February 03
  • 2,662 posts

Posted Dec 21 2015 - 07:27 AM

Spoiler

Also, good movie, it wasn't bad, and that's all I could have asked for this day and age.

~TN726

Edited by Papa Vinc, Dec 21 2015 - 07:31 AM.

Papa Vinc...Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence...

#863 Offline Archer Vonn

Archer Vonn
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-October 11
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2015 - 10:37 PM

harrison ford was set anyways, how much do you think he made off the original trilogy? and indiana jones? and lets not forget that he's actually a well respected character actor as well and not just an action movie poster boy.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

#864 Offline Korkoa

Korkoa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 03-July 06
  • 1,155 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2015 - 12:45 AM

Spoiler

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

#865 Offline Iaredios the Hip Historian

• Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 10-April 07
  • 2,547 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 25 2015 - 06:10 AM

I am serious, spoilers here, don't click on this until you've seen the movie. Resist the urge to sate your curiosity!

Spoiler

#866 Offline TheLegendOne70

TheLegendOne70
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 05-September 16
  • 3 posts

Posted Sep 05 2016 - 06:57 PM

I have watched all Star Wars Movies (Episode 1-7) and My favorite character is Anakin Skywalker.

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible.

Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all. -Tahu-

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users