Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

Bounty hunters would be easier because they are already trained for themselves and have proven themselves to infiltrate highly guarded buildings (like the senate and the jedi temple) before. and why take all the time to train your own when you could just hire someone to do it for you? and also, the CIS has been known to use Trandoshian commandoes, as well.I thought flash speeders could funcion as airspeeders as well, but whatever.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Besides the point of bounty hunters actually being trained already, the CIS didn't have much going on in the ways of non-droid combatants. Battle droids were what they fought with. Hiring bounty hunters isn't new at all for them.I also thought the kidnapping was rather anticlimactic... I was just sitting there thinking it couldn't be over so easily after Cad Bane was taken into custody. Theeen I looked at the clock and saw it wasn't 8:30, so knew that, yeah, it's not over yet. :P~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

So does anyone here plat SW battlefrone 2 still? Anyone play online?Just curious...

I have it for ps2 but I haven't played it ever since new years, because they moved it to the other side of the room. I also have it for pc but I haven't installed it yet. I can play republic commando online when I get home, though

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Cool! I didn't know you played rep. com. too! I'll have to set up a server later today when I get home. Don't you just love the ragdoll effects?

I just recently started to play it online... Ive had the game for a few years, but never played it online... Maybe if Ida know alls I had to do was unplug the internet cable from the computer and plug it to the PS2 I would have.Its pretty fun, except for the engineers chucking their detpack at you... You know how to do that?

Doah!

I just recently started to play it online... Ive had the game for a few years, but never played it online... Maybe if Ida know alls I had to do was unplug the internet cable from the computer and plug it to the PS2 I would have.Its pretty fun, except for the engineers chucking their detpack at you... You know how to do that?

I love chucking detpack: you switch your secondary weapon. engineer is my second favorite class.EDIT: wait? you justplug interenet cable to ps2? Edited by Bulik

Besides the point of bounty hunters actually being trained already, the CIS didn't have much going on in the ways of non-droid combatants. Battle droids were what they fought with. Hiring bounty hunters isn't new at all for them. I also thought the kidnapping was rather anticlimactic... I was just sitting there thinking it couldn't be over so easily after Cad Bane was taken into custody. Theeen I looked at the clock and saw it wasn't 8:30, so knew that, yeah, it's not over yet. :P ~|ET|~

It just creates such a bad image from a political standpoint. If they want to become a legitimate, respected government and hope to have other planets join them, hiring a group of murdering thugs to carry out a highly symbolic mission only makes them look like the bad guys.But then again, the CIS has really never cared about their image.I still root for them. :guilty:

That is all

Besides the point of bounty hunters actually being trained already, the CIS didn't have much going on in the ways of non-droid combatants. Battle droids were what they fought with. Hiring bounty hunters isn't new at all for them. I also thought the kidnapping was rather anticlimactic... I was just sitting there thinking it couldn't be over so easily after Cad Bane was taken into custody. Theeen I looked at the clock and saw it wasn't 8:30, so knew that, yeah, it's not over yet. :P ~|ET|~

It just creates such a bad image from a political standpoint. If they want to become a legitimate, respected government and hope to have other planets join them, hiring a group of murdering thugs to carry out a highly symbolic mission only makes them look like the bad guys.But then again, the CIS has really never cared about their image.I still root for them. :guilty:
actuallly, it would be better for their image because then people cannot directly link the crime to them, because there are lots of otehr people who want to kill palpatine. and bounty hunters are expendable:D

:kaukau: Battlefront is perhaps one of the most awesome Star Wars games of all time. Actually, the majority of all the Star Wars games are pretty good, considering that most video games tapped into the movie market are pretty lame. Not only that, but the Star Wars games are pretty good even compared to games not based on movies.Anyway, some thoughts were occurring to me about the Star Wars canon. Anakin was the Chosen One and he was supposed to bring balance to the Force, and as far as George Lucas was concerned the conflict between Jedi and Sith should have ended permanently after Episode VI, right? It would have made sense, because out of such a series with such a giant continuity and so many grant conflicts, there ought to have been something special about the movies that make them the definitive story that sets them apart from all of the following canon. So why did writers come back later and resurrect Darth Sideous's spirit through a clone body? Isn't that anticlimactic? And what is it with this nonsense about a Jedi from the Clone Wars becoming Darth Krayt and establishing a new Empire? What's going on with the Jedi Order falling once again?Well I thought that the idea of having a chosen one bringing closure to one of the great narratives to the Star Wars universe just got thrown out of the window. I like it when a certain narrative can admit that it had a good ending.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Didn't Clone! Emperor get retconed into a insane clone of Sideous? *Checks Wookiepedia*Apparently... not. Still, that's my explanation and I'm sticking to it. Hay for memory repression! It's the only way to maintain sanity with the Expanded Universe ( or any other form of shared universe, really.). Palpatine back from the dead? He was actually an insane clone who thought he was the Emperor resurrected. Kren Traviss's Mandaloriens contradict the Clone Wars T.V show? Traviss's books never happened. An episode of the Clone Wars kills someone of who died in a novel set chronologically later? That episode happened... in a manner different then what appeared on screen. See? It makes everything easier!

Edited by BenLuke-116

I love chucking detpack: you switch your secondary weapon. engineer is my second favorite class.EDIT: wait? you justplug interenet cable to ps2?
I dont know how many times they get me with them, I just see it flying through the air... and I know Im finished. :PYeah, internet cable into the back of th PS2... the cable that plugs into the back of the computer...Or is it called something else?

Yeah, the chucking can get annoying unless you know how to do it. I played Battlefront for years, so I think I had the hang of chucking it.And, the ragdoll effect is great.-Mef

Im gona have to learn that. Does it work offline do you know?Can you chuck mines? Ive never seen any mines being chucked, but that would be cool. Edited by Beal

Doah!

Yeah, internet cable into the back of th PS2... the cable that plugs into the back of the computer...Or is it called something else?

awesome! I'll have to try that soon!

Yay! SWBF2 players :PWait, so you just connect the computer cable to the PS2? Too bad I have wireless, and the cable is in the other room. :3

Thats what I did, I used to have the PS2 in the basement, then I brought it upstairs to where I could plug it in to th internets... seems to work!

Doah!

So. That penny-pinching corporate @#$%&$# George Lucas is finally retiring. This can be nothing but good for the franchise...Also, anybody see Red Tails?

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Hm.... I'll try that. Although I'd have to move my TV, and thats not something I'd like to do.Anyway to connect it wirelessly?And on topic: Whats happened so far in the FotJ series? I stopped following it after my Kindle broke. I was on Vortex.

Wouldnt surprise me if there is... but I dont know what it would be. Might be expensive...Might be a way to hook it to the computer monitor too, I dont know.

Doah!

:kaukau: I agree with Striker and BenLuke. I don't know why people are calling him the evil that destroyed the franchise, considering that he's the one who created it. And he truly is a fan of Star Wars and wants to see it prosper. I personally look up to him for working so hard to cooperate with John Williams, since most directors and composers have an awkward relationship. I don't see him as a penny-pinching corporate [insert unnecessary profanity here] so much as a perfectionist who's trying to make Star Wars as awesome as he can.I guess for the original re-release, there might be budgetary issues or something else behind the scenes that complicates things. I wouldn't jump to such hasty and confrontational positions. Instead, I would ask WWbT: "What Would bonesiii Think?"Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

I love chucking detpack: you switch your secondary weapon. engineer is my second favorite class.EDIT: wait? you justplug interenet cable to ps2?
I dont know how many times they get me with them, I just see it flying through the air... and I know Im finished. :PYeah, internet cable into the back of th PS2... the cable that plugs into the back of the computer...Or is it called something else?

Yeah, the chucking can get annoying unless you know how to do it. I played Battlefront for years, so I think I had the hang of chucking it.And, the ragdoll effect is great.-Mef

Im gona have to learn that. Does it work offline do you know?Can you chuck mines? Ive never seen any mines being chucked, but that would be cool.
(Sorry for such a big quote)And, I don't think you can chuck mines, but you can chuck the detpacks. It also works offline to the best of my knowledge.Yeah, I connect my PS2 to a internet uplink via cable. Works pretty well; not as great as a PS3 going wireless, though.-Mef

:kaukau: I agree with Striker and BenLuke. I don't know why people are calling him the evil that destroyed the franchise, considering that he's the one who created it. And he truly is a fan of Star Wars and wants to see it prosper. I personally look up to him for working so hard to cooperate with John Williams, since most directors and composers have an awkward relationship. I don't see him as a penny-pinching corporate [insert unnecessary profanity here] so much as a perfectionist who's trying to make Star Wars as awesome as he can.I guess for the original re-release, there might be budgetary issues or something else behind the scenes that complicates things. I wouldn't jump to such hasty and confrontational positions. Instead, I would ask WWbT: "What Would bonesiii Think?"

Knowing him it would have something to do with verbose, logical analyse of other people's arguments. Heh. It's mire of less obvious that to everyone that doesn't have their George Lucas hating goggles on too tight that any changes he's made to films are what he believes will make then better. Does't make the changes any better, per say. People should just try and take the whole thing a little less seriously.

My only problem with George is he seems to focus the Clone Wars toward the kids; not the long term fans. One gripe I have about the direction of the Mandalorians. But, it's his franchise so he can do whatever he wants with it. But, I must admit he just lost one fan for some changes to the storyline.Other than this, I'm glad for everything he's doing. I just think that Clone Wars has been great financially, but not (like I said) great for the EU fans. Oh well; it's no big deal, though.-Mef

I know a lot of people criticize Clone Wars as portraying the Jedi as too overpowered (re: Mace Windu utterly decimating an entire CIS army, plus their giant concussion tank, single-handedly), but that's what I love about it. It's crazy awesome fun. And it has FRIGGIN' FORDO DANGIT (carry-over joke from another site). That guy is freaking awesome.

:kaukau: I agree with Striker and BenLuke. I don't know why people are calling him the evil that destroyed the franchise, considering that he's the one who created it. And he truly is a fan of Star Wars and wants to see it prosper. I personally look up to him for working so hard to cooperate with John Williams, since most directors and composers have an awkward relationship. I don't see him as a penny-pinching corporate [insert unnecessary profanity here] so much as a perfectionist who's trying to make Star Wars as awesome as he can.I guess for the original re-release, there might be budgetary issues or something else behind the scenes that complicates things. I wouldn't jump to such hasty and confrontational positions. Instead, I would ask WWbT: "What Would bonesiii Think?"Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Common misconception. George Lucas had relatively little influence on the original trilogy. As far as the story was concerned, he was part of a large writing team, all with equal influence. His original vision of Star Wars was actually quite different. He didn't even direct Empire and Jedi. The only movies where he was really running the whole show was the prequels- and we all know how those went down. His refusal to release the original versions of the original trilogy is totally hypocritical. Back in the debate over the release of old movies in color, Lucas actually campaigned for the movies to be also released in black-and-white, because that's the way the fans originally remember them. And he's a capitalist. He literally keeps dishing out any possible action figure he can, then rereleasing them. Now, if you came to The Phantom Menace in "spectacular 3D" (that, from what I've heard, doesn't actually pop out at all, besides "directed by George Lucas" in the credits) on opening weekend, you can get a FIGHTER POD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're basically these little rubber toys that are about half an inch tall, despite looking about a foot in the ads. They pretty much look like something you can get out of a gum ball machine at a grocery store if you out a quarter in the machine. Not only that, you can get four... for five dollars. He's like the embodiment of capitalism.They made a whole documentary about this. The People vs. George Lucas. I highly recommend it.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Common misconception. George Lucas had relatively little influence on the original trilogy. As far as the story was concerned, he was part of a large writing team, all with equal influence. His original vision of Star Wars was actually quite different. He didn't even direct Empire and Jedi. The only movies where he was really running the whole show was the prequels- and we all know how those went down. His refusal to release the original versions of the original trilogy is totally hypocritical. Back in the debate over the release of old movies in color, Lucas actually campaigned for the movies to be also released in black-and-white, because that's the way the fans originally remember them.

I'm not even going to comment on this part, because I really don't have anything to say. However...

And he's a capitalist. He literally keeps dishing out any possible action figure he can, then rereleasing them. Now, if you came to The Phantom Menace in "spectacular 3D" (that, from what I've heard, doesn't actually pop out at all, besides "directed by George Lucas" in the credits) on opening weekend, you can get a FIGHTER POD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're basically these little rubber toys that are about half an inch tall, despite looking about a foot in the ads. They pretty much look like something you can get out of a gum ball machine at a grocery store if you out a quarter in the machine. Not only that, you can get four... for five dollars. He's like the embodiment of capitalism.

Wait, do you seriously think George Lucas is in control of what action figures are released and rereleased? You're wrong, that's Hasbro's job. They've had the Star Wars license ever since they bought out Kenner. They make the toys and decide which ones to release, and yeah, they do rerelease a ton of toys (most of the time they're not rereleases, but upgraded versions or variants); it's called MAKING MONEY. They're a business; it's what they do.And guess what? Those Fighter Pod things? Made by Hasbro. Y'know who gets a portion of the money made from the sales of Fighter Pods? George Lucas. Y'know who profits from them the most? Hasbro, because they're the company who makes them. I collect Star Wars toys and Transformers, both properties of Hasbro. I know what I'm talking about, and you need to check your facts on this."...despite looking about a foot in the ads." That's silly if you thought you were getting foot-long toys for a free showing. It's simple advertising and marketing; of course it's going to look big because they want to sell it to you and make it appeal to you.

They made a whole documentary about this. The People vs. George Lucas. I highly recommend it.

If that's what you based your entire post on, I think I'll pass.

Fordo. Was. Beast. One of the-if not the- best Clones out there. And, I agree that the scene with Mace Windu was awesome; although I find it insanely over powered. It was a 2D thing anyway; so it's not supposed to be some super realistic film or something.-Mef

Just because it's in 2D doesn't mean it can't be on a believable level.Though I'd like to think that the 2d clone wars series could be like a sort of passed down tale over generations which explains why some events and characters seem so exaggerated. The CG series meanwhile is what actually happened.

evangelyne.jpg

Common misconception. George Lucas had relatively little influence on the original trilogy. As far as the story was concerned, he was part of a large writing team, all with equal influence. His original vision of Star Wars was actually quite different. He didn't even direct Empire and Jedi. The only movies where he was really running the whole show was the prequels- and we all know how those went down. His refusal to release the original versions of the original trilogy is totally hypocritical. Back in the debate over the release of old movies in color, Lucas actually campaigned for the movies to be also released in black-and-white, because that's the way the fans originally remember them.

I'm not even going to comment on this part, because I really don't have anything to say. However...
I believe I will comment on this part, Stryker.Zaz:

George Lucas had relatively little influence on the original trilogy. As far as the story was concerned, he was part of a large writing team, all with equal influence. His original vision of Star Wars was actually quite different. He didn't even direct Empire and Jedi.

Wait, there are people who don't know other people direct Empire and Jedi? I suppose not everyone pays attention to behind the scenes stuff as much as me. Fun fact: Han Solo was originally going to be a fish. Tolkien originally has a hobbit character named "Trotter" in place of Aragorn in early drafts of The Lord of the Rings. A author's "original vision" rarely line up with the finished product, regardless of whether or no there were other writers involved.

The only movies where he was really running the whole show was the prequels- and we all know how those went down.

The prequels, while certainly inferior to the original films, are, in my opinion, still fairly enjoyable movies (That is, apart from Attack of the Clones, which I can not stand to watch without skipping the romance bits.).

His refusal to release the original versions of the original trilogy is totally hypocritical. Back in the debate over the release of old movies in color, Lucas actually campaigned for the movies to be also released in black-and-white, because that's the way the fans originally remember them.

I- actually pretty much agree with you here, although I don't understand if Lucas is "dirty capitalist" (How exactly is capitalist an insult anyway?) why wouldn't be re-release the original films unaltered and then charge people large amounts of money for the "Ultimate Super-Duper Platinum Special Collectors" Edition? Your statements seen to conflict with each other.

[

I believe I will comment on this part, Stryker.Zaz:

George Lucas had relatively little influence on the original trilogy. As far as the story was concerned, he was part of a large writing team, all with equal influence. His original vision of Star Wars was actually quite different. He didn't even direct Empire and Jedi.

Wait, there are people who don't know other people direct Empire and Jedi? I suppose not everyone pays attention to behind the scenes stuff as much as me.Fun fact: Han Solo was originally going to be a fish. Tolkien originally has a hobbit character named "Trotter" in place of Aragorn in early drafts of The Lord of the Rings. A author's "original vision" rarely line up with the finished product, regardless of whether or no there were other writers involved.
agreed andyeah, most people know that he didn't direct Empire or Jedi If they actually cared about the movies. and it was a good choice too: he was having too much stress and could've had a heart attack, but he hired others to direct the sequels and it worked out fine

The only movies where he was really running the whole show was the prequels- and we all know how those went down.

The prequels, while certainly inferior to the original films, are, in my opinion, still fairly enjoyable movies (That is, apart from Attack of the Clones, which I can not stand to watch without skipping the romance bits.)
disagree the prequels and the original trilogy are equally balanced to me; it wouldn't be right to put film over the other. to me, empire and revenge of the sith balance each other out, while the phantom menace is most like Jedi (pod racing/speeder bikes, sith falling down long tube pit, smaller less equiped group winning over alrge army,etc.), and star wars and attack of the clones might as well match too. and yes, attack of the clones has way too much romance for a star wars film.

His refusal to release the original versions of the original trilogy is totally hypocritical. Back in the debate over the release of old movies in color, Lucas actually campaigned for the movies to be also released in black-and-white, because that's the way the fans originally remember them.

I- actually pretty much agree with you here, although I don't understand if Lucas is "dirty capitalist" (How exactly is capitalist an insult anyway?) why wouldn't be re-release the original films unaltered and then charge people large amounts of money for the "Ultimate Super-Duper Platinum Special Collectors" Edition? Your statements seen to conflict with each other.
Edited by Bulik

In addition, a quick look at RottenTomatoes will give you a pretty clear look at the entire saga's individual critical receptions. ROTS was better received than ROTJ, believe it or not. I'm not saying the Prequels are better than the OT, but it's not like a pile of poop next to a stack of gold. More like a stack of somewhat dirty bronze next to a stack of silver, but that's all metaphorical.And yes, AOTC is actually pretty incredible if you cut out everything "romantic" and focus on Obi-Wan and the last ~20 minutes or so.

:kaukau: I only qualm with Attack of the Clones was that the romance wasn't the most effective in the world, considering that Anakin was The Chosen One. While I don't regret that their romance had the more archaic feel to it that defies the traditions of modern romance (it was quite fitting, too, considering the fantasy setting and that one of them was at one point a queen), I do wish that Anakin wasn't such a...I don't know. I just wish there could have been more reasons for them to like each other, and that the romance was actually rather sweet like the one between Leiah and Solo. And I also wish that the lines weren't as awkward. They might have been delivered correctly, but in those particular scenes Hayden Christiansen wasn't the best actor. Otherwise his acting worked well (for me), but overall the combination of small flaws made the romance less effective and ultimately Anakin's transformation into Darth Vader was less dramatic.The romance was of course necessary, in contrast to what one person said about Clones having too much romance for a Star Wars movie. After all, Luke had to have a mother, unless they were to explain it away by saying that Luke and Leiah were biologically engineered from Darth Vader's genes, although that's not as emotional. The original trilogy had a little less romance screen time, but then it wasn't as important to the plot.Now, the one other reason that I wasn't as into Episode II was because of Qui-Gon Jinn. I loved the guy, but unfortunately he died, so he couldn't be carried into the next movie. Even when I was really little and easily impressed by anything Star Wars, I was willing to admit that I liked Episode I more. Unfortunately, there wasn't a character that I could root for as much as the one so well played by Liam Neeson. Eowin McGregor was a great actor, however, and truly did justice to the Obi-Wan caracter so much that I was hardly even aware that he was played by a different actor than Alec Guiness, but someone else here was right when they said that Episode II should have focused more on him. if I may add to that, I think that he should also have gone without that long flippy hair in back. It wasn't an actual flaw, but it was something that I as a kid had trouble taking seriously. He was so much more epic and Kenobi-ish in Episode III.Overall, I liked the prequels just as much as the original trilogy, with the exception of Episode II for various small reasons. No, they don't have the same feel, but that was because the time and setting was different, taking place at a time when the Republic had remained intact for a full 25,000 years. It was during a flourishing gold age. It was during a time of the great Clone Wars. Of course it was going to be different from the original trilogy, and it had to be. The original trilogy was quieter, darker. It had a more militaristic feel to it because of the Empire, and that was reflected in the music. John Williams had to write new kinds of music for the prequels because it was an age of culture, and thus more choir music made its way into the score. Separating the two trilogies were different cultures, different characters, and different conflicts, while at the same time they were all tied together by the same essence.My overall impression of the prequel trilogy was that they were a necessary edition that expanded and diversified the Star Wars pantheon. Without such diversity, the series would be limited to the imagination of the original trilogy which, believe it or not, was not all-encompassing. The original trilogy took the feel of the saga one way. The prequels took them another. Together they broadened our sense of what Star Wars is. They were both wonderful halves that as one piece made for a dramatic story of a Chosen One meeting his destiny like few tales can.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh