Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

Yes, it is quite interesting.

Chapter 8 - The Separatist War Machine

The Separatists at War

But while popular accounts of the Clone Wars focused on the Separatists' legions of battle droid and corporate flotillas, the Confederacy relied heavily on the armies and defense fleets of sectors and individual star systems such as Umbara, Thustra, and Persavi that followed the lead of Antar, Ando, and Sy Myrth in breaking with the Republic. Many of the battles of the Clone Wars were fought between armies of organics, with nary a battle droid or clone trooper in sight. In some divided sectors, battles were fought by soldiers on both sides wearing identical uniforms and opposing fleets were made up of the same classes of warships and starfighters, with only new insignia and hastily applied coats of paint indicating the change of allegiance.

I would be really interesting to see some of these battles. Star Wars likes the black and white morality so seeing two forces fighting each other in the same uniform would be a really neat way to exhibit the different politics in the war. It would really bring up the brother vs. brother component of the conflict and it would force the viewer to pick a side. I love stories where the battle lines are less clear cut. In addition, seeing organic confederate soldiers would really humanize the cause. That's why I liked Umbara so much, because I like to imagine those militia-men were choosing to fight because of what they believe in. Personally, I like the Separatists more then the republic so it's nice to cheer for guys with emotion rather then droids.

The same thing happens with the galactic civil war. The imperial army was the largest branch of the military but those troopers don't look as good on a poster as a stromtrooper. As a result, it's easy to forget they exist. Seeing a non-regular GAR and Seperatists units would be awesome.

What did everyone think of To Catch a Jedi? I did not think it was anywhere close to last week's episode but it was still really good. This is shaping up to be my favorite arc and I'm anxious to see how it ends. I know Ahsoka will have a role next season but her relationship with the Jedi and the Republic will certainly be shattered.

Does anyone think Barris Offee is not behind the attack? :P

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

What did everyone think of To Catch a Jedi? I did not think it was anywhere close to last week's episode but it was still really good. This is shaping up to be my favorite arc and I'm anxious to see how it ends. I know Ahsoka will have a role next season but her relationship with the Jedi and the Republic will certainly be shattered. Does anyone think Barris Offee is not behind the attack? :P
Let's see, a lithe female with Force abilities, lightsaber prowess, and knowledge of Ahsoka's location...Ummm nope.Which is a shame, because it seems so contrary to her character. But it couldn't be anybody else that I can think of besides a random new character.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Here is a completely crazy theory: Maybe the woman who died is not really dead, is force-sensitive, and faked it somehow, and maybe Tarkin is in on it. I think it may be her, since Ahsoka did not feel another presence around her (though it has been shown before that a force choke can be done over a great distance). And wasn't it a plot point that the prison structure was under surveillance? Why does there seem to be no footage of what really happen? I am going to assume that one of the characters or a collection of them who were at the prison at the time that it happened did it, and the victim is the only other female that was introduced in this arc.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Yeah, that guy, seeing those battles in the show would be cool. Or more stuff like Umbara, at least. Man, that Umbara arc was one of the biggest highlights of the entire series.

Well, let's see. . . Who could it be besides Bariss. . . I got nothin'. I guess our only hope is she was tricked into it somehow. Or maybe she discovered Palpatine's secret. . . Hmm. . .

But how do you know Ahsoka will be part of Season Six?

I like your idea, J46 Nui. :P That would be a surprise.

I also like the part Asajj Ventress has in this arc. I kinda hoped she might turn over a new leaf ever since she was forced to live life on the run, though I rather doubted she would. With Ahsoka's help, maybe we'll see her newly adopted into the Jedi Order next season? That would be very odd, though. O_o Or maybe she and Ahsoka will be on the run together. No idea.

It also remains to be seen what Palpatine has planned for Maul.

Edited by TahuNuvaFan

After five long years. . . The Master of Fire is back!

I am still holding out hope that it is not her. But if it is her, season six better open with some episodes explaining how that makes even a bit of sense. While it is not uncommon for the show to change stuff from the EU, this has her acting inconsistent from within the show itself.

I am interested in hearing on any theories that explains how and why she did it if it is her. My personal theory is that it is not just her, but quit a large portion of the Jedi, including several well known ones, that oppose the Jedi participating in the war. This conflict splits the Jedi into two, but it is resolved by Episode III, explaining why there is some major distrust of the Jedi between the Republic at large, the clone troopers, and the Jedi themselves. It is also explains why Barriss was in the Order 66 scene when she had obviously betrayed the Republic (unless that scene had been cut; it has been a while since I have seen the movie). This would also give a reason to why Ahsoka does not appear in Episode III, if she has not been killed. She would be unwilling to work with the Jedi who framed her once this conflict is resolved and she would quit the order.

I think the reasons for her actions are pretty strait forward. I'm pretty sure she directly stated in The Jedi that knew to much that she was upset by how involved in the military the Jedi order has become and the inability to act on her emotions and personal feelings. I imagine being a teenage Jedi would be pretty hard, puberty and all. ;)

I would not be surprised if she was part of a greater conspiracy and I'm curious about how much her master knows.

In case anyone is interested I made a timeline of the clone wars on IMDb. With all the non-chronological episodes it can be hard to grasp the passage of time. I created this list so I could see what episodes preceded what and visually observe the relation of major battles and events. If you want to see my work here is a link.

That is all

It's official. I just got my Star Wars Insider and it contained full spoilers. I am not going to spoil what happens to Ahsoka because that is the good part. But I almost feel betrayed, even more so than when TCW started contradicting the EU. At least then I learned to treat them as separate universes and still enjoyed both. I just don't think that character development, no matter how good and how important the character is, should come at the cost of the utter destruction of another character. I even like Ahsoka more, but that does not change how wrong it was to do that to the other character.

What I said earlier still stands, if the episode that airs tomorrow or an early episode next season explains how this makes sense in the terms of that character, I'll be okay.

Edited by J46 Nui

Yeah, that was kind of a rubbish episode for ruining an established character...

They end was somewhat interesting, but everything leading up to it I didn't care for.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Now that I have seen the episode I feel a bit better about it, but what I said before still stands. They really need an episode that explains how Barriss goes from Ahsoka's best friend to a complete monster. Until then, the only way it makes sense is within the context of this arc itself. I looked around some sites, and what I heard is that other people think that it has something to do with Palpatine. Apparently, his eyes flashed yellow when it was revealed that Barris did it, but I could not make it out if that is true.

It is just too bad, though. This would have been the best episode if it was not for that part.I loved the Ahsoka bits. I think that she made the right decision in the end, and if this is the last season, then it is a great way to finish her story. I also liked that it was implied that she knows what is going on between Anakin and Padme.

Now that I have seen the episode I feel a bit better about it, but what I said before still stands. They really need an episode that explains how Barriss goes from Ahsoka's best friend to a complete monster. Until then, the only way it makes sense is within the context of this arc itself. I looked around some sites, and what I heard is that other people think that it has something to do with Palpatine. Apparently, his eyes flashed yellow when it was revealed that Barris did it, but I could not make it out if that is true.

It is just too bad, though. This would have been the best episode if it was not for that part.I loved the Ahsoka bits. I think that she made the right decision in the end, and if this is the last season, then it is a great way to finish her story. I also liked that it was implied that she knows what is going on between Anakin and Padme.

I agree. I was very disappointed myself to have my suspicions confirmed.

I like the idea that you mentioned about there being other Jedi who joined the Seperatists. It kind of makes sense. I wonder if that is the case. . . ? At any rate, there are probably other Jedi like Pong Krell who are war-mongers, and although the show isn't showing it very well, the Jedi probably are becoming more and more corrupt. (Truth be told, I'm seeing some amount of corruption in Mace Windu already. Especially, remember what he said to Boba Fett, a child, when they finally came face-to-face? What a rude thing to say)

And on the other hand, Anakin and Tarkin do have a point about the Jedi not going far enough to win. Remember when Obi-Wan saved Dooku's life way back in season 1? He had the man responsible for the entire war right there, knowing his end would bring the war to a close, but oh, no, he's too heroic to let the guy die that way. Now mind you, he was probably caught up in the heat of the moment, already being semi-accustomed to Dooku's presence during their prison time, and being the heroic guy he is, he acted on instinct and made a very foolish mistake. He may have been kicking himself for it later. But then in this season he lured Greivous into a trap and left him a warning behind! Sheesh.

So maybe Bariss is sort of right, and the Jedi are sort of becoming war-mongers. We also don't know how they comport themselves in public. Many of them may have something of a self-righteous attitude.

Think also of Bariss's character. When she was introduced, and subsequently, I got the impression she was, unlike Ahsoka, very by-the-book and obsessed with the rules. The moral code of the Jedi was very dear to her. So then as the war progresses she sees all this corruption within the Order and her beloved rules being dashed to bits. This hurts and confuses her deeply and she becomes mentally estranged. She has a harder and harder time keeping her emotions in check. Over time I guess she loses herself in her new-found belief that the Jedi are unforgivably corrupt.

What I have a hard time understanding is why she was willing to frame her good friend Ahsoka. But perhaps she hadn't intended things to go that far. . . ?

Despite all the corruption, a terrorist attack is hardly the way to go about resolving the problem. But then I'm not sure what would have been. I guess the confusion and bordering-on-madness mentality must have been building up in Bariss for quite some time. But then we can all see how good the Jedi were during the war about dealing with these issues.

It would be nice to have official canon explanation, but I'm not sure how they'd go about that while still keeping it otherwise interesting.

Edited by TahuNuvaFan

It's official; Star Wars The Clone Wars has ended as a TV series, but it seems like it will continue on in some other form (I am hoping as some series of TV movies, since the arcs were getting so long anyway). I do hope that the story of Barriss' fall will be told in some way, though.

I also hope that if they do another TV series to replace it, it is some sort of Best of the EU show, just to get those stories elevated to higher levels of canon. What do you think Star Wars should do now TV-wise?

Make a series with the Clone Commandos. They rarely get the spotlight. Like when we first saw Savage when he killed the Jedi, Delta Squad was only seen for a few minutes. Then that episode when they were there in some place that looked white ( can't remember), they met a clone with amnesia. Later they found out he was a commando and is currently dead or MIA.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

It's official; Star Wars The Clone Wars has ended as a TV series, but it seems like it will continue on in some other form (I am hoping as some series of TV movies, since the arcs were getting so long anyway). I do hope that the story of Barriss' fall will be told in some way, though.

I also hope that if they do another TV series to replace it, it is some sort of Best of the EU show, just to get those stories elevated to higher levels of canon. What do you think Star Wars should do now TV-wise?

Wow really? Oh man that sucks. I didnt expect that.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Well, this is a surprising turn of events. Still, I can't exactly say as I'm upset. I kinda thought the show was dragging on anyway.

Although I must admit I was looking forward to seeing Sidious's plans for Maul, and more of Ahsoka and Ventress. I do hope they tie their leftover strings together properly.

And now Commander Trench. I want to know what this is about, too.

I can't say as I'm disappointed that the comedy series has been pushed back, ether. I was a little worried about where that might be going.

Still, it sounds like Lucasfilm Animation WILL be doing more, and why would they shut it down when it's become rather large and successful, anyway?

Personally I vote for "Star Wars: Rebellion", set during Original Trilogy-era. I've ALWAYS wanted to see that and have looked forward to the end of The Clone Wars as hopefully the point from which they would move in that direction. Or maybe they'll re-work the idea of a show between Episodes III and IV. That would be good, too.

Or. . . What if they went between VI and VII? That would make sense.

One way or another I look forward to the end of The Clone Wars and seeing where they head from here, and especially to Episode VII. . .

Speaking of favorite characters, did anyone see the THIS IS MADNESS promotion? There is a bracket being offered now that is a character tournament being offered now at star wars.com.Most of the round one fights are easy picks but I'm conflicted by ig-88 vs. The emperor. They are both so awsome and I honestly don't know who sould win.

EDIT: Sigh, I killed the topic again.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that they are only going to release two story arcs worth of content from the cancelled sixth season of The Clone Wars. I really hope that these will at least have a conclusion for Rex's storyline.

Edited by J46 Nui

I was hopeful for what would be released, especially after the folks at starwars.com announced they'd try to get out a resolution to the series and get some bonus content to wrap things up and make up for things being cut short.Then Disney went and completely pulled the rug out from the studio, order them to stop production, and more or less fire all of them.So Disney's doing the exact opposite of what they did with Marvel, and is getting too involved with Star Wars. *sigh*So it means there simply won't be a proper ending to the series, and unless what was already produced wraps up major storylines, we won't be seeing anything any sort of resolve. It's quite a shame.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Add yet another thing that Disney has messed up to the pile: Lucas Arts is now effectively out of business. It will still be used to license out the Star Wars property, but it has laid off almost its entire staff and ceased production on any of the in house projects. That means that 1313 and the downloadable shooter that would have gauged interest in a Battlefront III are no more. Disney keeps on messing up worse and worse. At this point I even miss Lucas.

Then again, LucasArts hasn't had any big in-house hits in quite some time.

Let's just hope they'll license it to the right companies.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Then again, LucasArts hasn't had any big in-house hits in quite some time.

Let's just hope they'll license it to the right companies.

I'm surprised they haven't made a SWBFIII, KOTR III, X-wing Vs. Tie Fighter II, or Empire at War II. Yet we get Star Wars Angry Birds and Star Wars Kinect.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

It's not like Lucastarts has made a good game in years, and closing the studio really doesn't negatively impact the possibility of good Star Wars games in the future. No, the only really terrible bad about this is that all of Lucasart's classic properties from back in the days before they existed basically to hire other companies to make actually good Star Wars games are now likely to be buried even deeper then they already were aside from Telltale's stuff.

Which is a sad, sad thing.

Well, that and the fact that closing it down has put hundreds of people out of work.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

• 4 weeks later...