Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

Season 4 so far has been a meh. The opening arc had a lot of potential but the pacing was off and as previously mentioned, it was too dang dark. Shadow Warrior was pretty cool, though as also previously mentioned, the capture of Grievious was kind of unrealistic. The C-3PO and R2-D2 epsiodes were okay I guess. Though I must admit the Gulliver's Travels/Wizard of Oz thing had me chuckling for a bit. v

AXKP5KC.png

Since we've really only seen the Wolfpack, I think it makes sense. Dave Filoni talked about Wolffe's character at SDCC, and how much the war has hardened him and made him much less personable, and I would assume the Wolfpack would reflect those traits (though the cold treatment of 3PO made perfect sense, since the clones were trained their whole lives to "kill" droids). Apparently Rex is supposed to be a bit disheartened with the Republic. I hope that gets expanded in the next arc...

Started working through the EU novels. I went through both the Thrawn Trilogy and the Hand of Thrawn duology; any suggestions for what to read next? Zahn is supposedly the best of the EU writers, so I'm hesitant to continue.

Zahn was the worst in my opinion. Read some of Karen Traviss's work.

The third book in the trilogy is Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil. I'd alsy say Outbound Flight was a good read. Maybe it was his weakest; I have no opinion either way, and it has been a while since I read it. It's still not bad, though. Looking up Zahn reminded me I still need to pick up Allegiance... Oh, and Fatal Alliance is sort of getting better. I have generally enjoyed the plot, and about halfway through I finally feel there's some character depth to Shigar and Ax, which is what I'd been looking for. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Yes! Finally back!

Started working through the EU novels. I went through both the Thrawn Trilogy and the Hand of Thrawn duology; any suggestions for what to read next? Zahn is supposedly the best of the EU writers, so I'm hesitant to continue.

Try Death Troopers. It's out there for canon stuff, but, all the same, enjoyable. BTW, anyone else excited for Darth Maul?

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

Maul has already been back from the dead in some of the comics and books. I'm not terribly excited by it, as all the storylines he's been in post-bisection have had him trying to kill Obi-Wan. Oh, and he now has robo-legs :sigh: .

Help me revise the BZPower Ultimate Price Guide:

http://www.bzpower.c...p?showtopic=951

PM me if you want to help!

They've also been non-canon or not actually him... I'd rather he stay dead as well. Savage Oppress still interests me, but if it's really Maul he's seeking out, I'll be very disappointed. I am extremely disappointed. Just did some quick research, and it turns out he really is genuinely back. Ugh... First the Mandalorians, now this... ~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

I've read all of the Republic Commando books twice. They were good. My order of favorites is: Triple ZeroTrue ColorsOrder 66Hard Contact Not to say anything; they were all very good books.

Agreed, i've currently only read Hard contact and Order 66, but I'm planning to get the rest hopefully sometime soon. karen traviss is definitely my Favorite star wars Writer, i haven't read any of timothy zahn's stuff though. Also, i'm having a bit of trouble getting through specific parts on Star wars Battlefront 2 and republic commando( Knightfall at the bit where you defend the library and the first part of heart of the machine respectively) ~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

So, I finally did it, well my brother did actually but, We bought the blu-ray saga. Honestly, I love the special features, Haven't gotten time to watch the OT yet but I will soon, We mostly got it because our old DVDs are all scratched up.

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

How are Karen Traviss' Clone Wars books? I'm thinking about starting on those. My last SW book was Rebel Force #6, so it's well time for a new one.

What's Rebal Force?
Rebel Force was a 6-book series written by Alex Wheeler, that took place right after A New Hope. It used several of the characters from Jude Watson's "Last of the Jedi" series too.

You know what I wish they had made a book (or two) for? Palpatine's clone. It was getting mentioned soooo often in some of the older novels I read that were set around it/after it that I'm convinced sometimes they were made to do it just to plug the existence of the comics and make people want to seek them out. That's not as realistic now, and I really don't care too much to read the comics anyways. But yeah. Would have been nice. Also, Admiral Crackers - I've been told that Tarviss's Republic Commando books are pretty good. I'm staying away from Clone War novels just out of disinterest (though they're slowly becoming all I have left to get lol), but I've talked to people who have felt that they were the best Star Wars books they've read. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

You know what I wish they had made a book (or two) for? Palpatine's clone. It was getting mentioned soooo often in some of the older novels I read that were set around it/after it that I'm convinced sometimes they were made to do it just to plug the existence of the comics and make people want to seek them out. That's not as realistic now, and I really don't care too much to read the comics anyways. But yeah. Would have been nice. Also, Admiral Crackers - I've been told that Tarviss's Republic Commando books are pretty good. I'm staying away from Clone War novels just out of disinterest (though they're slowly becoming all I have left to get lol), but I've talked to people who have felt that they were the best Star Wars books they've read. ~|ET|~

I think I read the second Dark Empire (or half of it). And got an audiobook adaptation of the first. It/they were pretty good. But yeah if they could adapt them into novels that would be pretty nice.
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I read Traviss's Clone Wars novels a while back (including the movie novelization, which was actually very good), and they were generally meh. I tried reading Order 66, but I couldn't get past the first chapter. It's just too boring, and that woman has an unhealthy obession with the Mandalorians. I guess that's why she took a big hissy-fit and left after the Clone Wars messed with her stuff.

Mandos are really cool. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png I just think they work best as villains oranti-heroes, not the most perfect people in the Star Wars universelike Tarviss tends the portray them as. Actuality, Halo seems likeit would be a better fit, as the setting is already focused on spacemarine type characters.On a related note; I have been playing some of Republic Commando'sonline multiplayer and really enjoying it. Anyone else play it?

Edited by Toa Kethrye

Apparently Rex is supposed to be a bit disheartened with the Republic. I hope that gets expanded in the next arc...

Hopefully, that means he'll probably disobey Order 66. BTW, anyone else dislike Rex's new helmet? I sure do, since I would've prefered the standard Phase II helmet.

You know what I wish they had made a book (or two) for? Palpatine's clone. It was getting mentioned soooo often in some of the older novels I read that were set around it/after it that I'm convinced sometimes they were made to do it just to plug the existence of the comics and make people want to seek them out. That's not as realistic now, and I really don't care too much to read the comics anyways. But yeah. Would have been nice. ~|ET|~

I agree soooo much, I just finished reading the Jedi academy trilogy and am reading I, Jedi.(Corran Horn is a bad ######) The reborn Empire and the world devastators are mentioned a lot, but since finding the six Dark Empire comics are slim, I have to really on Wookieepedia.

That is all

Apparently Rex is supposed to be a bit disheartened with the Republic. I hope that gets expanded in the next arc...

Hopefully, that means he'll probably disobey Order 66. BTW, anyone else dislike Rex's new helmet? I sure do, since I would've prefered the standard Phase II helmet.
At first I found it odd, but after hearing how opposed to the Phase II and other GAR changes he was, it makes sense.