Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

I'm currently reading Darth Bane: Rule of Two, and I'm already planning on picking up some more novels as well. (Any recommendations?)

The Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and Last Command) by Timothy Zahn. Seriously, if you read no other books, read those ones. Characters being competent and clever, intelligent uses and counters for Jedi powers, and proper character arcs

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Seconded on the Thrawn Trilogy. In my opinion, you can't call yourself a proper Star Wars fan if you haven't read them.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

And thirded. You have to read them.Besides that, probably the X-Wing series. Add those two to the Darth Bane trilogy and you have pretty much all of my favorite books in the Expanded Universe.New Jedi Order is going to be quite the journey, so don't start down that path until you're really serious. Unfortunately, it also makes the Dark Nest Crisis, Legacy of the Force, and Fate of the Jedi series (basically everything that "continues" the story after Episode VI) less impactful, because you miss out on a lot of the backstory to the characters there.Look into more of Zahn's work, too. I've not been dissatisfied with any of his novels.

I'm currently reading Darth Bane: Rule of Two, and I'm already planning on picking up some more novels as well. (Any recommendations?)

Did you read the previous book? Do you plan on reading the third book?

That actually seems like a good question lol. Didn't even notice that wasn't the first at first. Definitely complete the trilogy.----I'm at the point where if I want to keep reading the Expanded Universe (which I do haha), I've got to go to things I've ignored up until now. Just started Coruscant Nights and except for the now-non-canon beginning with Even Piell (which I knew about going in anyways and seriously... when are they going to make the decision on whether these are still canon at all?) it's surprisingly not bad. Besides the few random post-Episode VI books I need to pick up still, like The Crystal Star and The New Rebellion, I'll probably finally jump into the Republic Commando books next.~|ET|~ Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Wait, there's three Darth Bane books, I thought it was a duology.

Also, I was pretty confused about which order the books were in, judging from the info on the backside it seemed like Rule of Two came before Path of Destruction, since, while they both mentioned Zannah, Rule of Two made it seem like her and Bane had just met (which they also had), while PoD made a more detailed description of sorts, if that makes any sense.

Also; Thrawn Trilogy, noted

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

• 6 months later...

Wait, there's three Darth Bane books, I thought it was a duology. Also, I was pretty confused about which order the books were in, judging from the info on the backside it seemed like Rule of Two came before Path of Destruction, since, while they both mentioned Zannah, Rule of Two made it seem like her and Bane had just met (which they also had), while PoD made a more detailed description of sorts, if that makes any sense. Also; Thrawn Trilogy, noted

I'm on the third one. It goes PoD, RoT and then DoE

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Who is pumped for the release of Star Wars: Clone Wars The Lost Missions on Netflix?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Rebels look promising so far. I do like that a Mandalorian who is neither a pacifist or a Death Watch is part of the main cast.

I am trying to find some time to get through season 6 of The Clone Wars, but I have at least three papers to write for my college. :(

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how much everyone here cares about this, but has anyone noticed that March Madness is back? Basically, Starwars.com has put up a poll of thirty-two of the greatest Star Wars characters, where two Light Side and two Dark Side characters battle it out each round to see who is the greatest Star Wars character of all time.

Right not, it's down to the top sixteen and Boba is way ahead of his father Jango by almost 40% of the votes! On the Light Side, Obi-Wan and Yoda (last year's winner) are neck and neck, with Obi-Wan in a slight lead.

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

In my opinion, while it's great that Disney will continue to build off the great work that Dave Filroni and the Clone Wars team did in the CGI-animated show, I'm much less excited for Rebels than for Clone Wars. This is probably for a number of reasons.

Firstly, when the Clone Wars came out, that was like six years ago - I was much younger and had different interests.

Secondly, I like clone troopers over stormtroopers.

Thirdly, it's going to be very difficult to compare to such a high-quality TV show like the latter episodes of the Clone Wars.

Fourthly, some of the characters really rub me the wrong way. Take that Mandalorian gal - she doesn't wear a Mando helmet or a jetpack and likes graffiti. To me, Mando characters should be hard, tough guys. Yes, there can be more to them than meets the eye (Fives, the clone commandos from Republic Commando, Skirata), but she doesn't feel Mando to me. In addition, the cowboy Jedi guy - any Jedi who goes around waving a lightsaber post Order-66 is going to be immediately slaughtered by all Imperial authorities within the whole sector, maybe even by Vader himself. They're obviously going to have to keep this character around, a character who is built off of an unrealistic premise from the get-go.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

Personally, I'm not too excited about "Rebels" because I don't get Disney XD on my TV. :P

You know I'd never real thought about it, but your right about the new Rebels show having some big shoes to fill. Anyway, I've seen the Mando girl (Sabine) wear a helmet in a few clips, but yeah your right she doesn't really feel too Mandolorian. Good point about the cowboy Jedi being a big fat target waving around that lightsaber post Order 66, but it looks like he's a bit like Episode V Luke--blaster first, lightsaber second.

Fourthly, some of the characters really rub me the wrong way. Take that Mandalorian gal - she doesn't wear a Mando helmet or a jetpack and likes graffiti. To me, Mando characters should be hard, tough guys. Yes, there can be more to them than meets the eye (Fives, the clone commandos from Republic Commando, Skirata), but she doesn't feel Mando to me.

On the contrary, I think the Mandalorians need to move away from a bit of that frat boy hoorah shtick. We've seen enough of it over the years. Time for some personality diversity.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Fourthly, some of the characters really rub me the wrong way. Take that Mandalorian gal - she doesn't wear a Mando helmet or a jetpack and likes graffiti. To me, Mando characters should be hard, tough guys. Yes, there can be more to them than meets the eye (Fives, the clone commandos from Republic Commando, Skirata), but she doesn't feel Mando to me.

On the contrary, I think the Mandalorians need to move away from a bit of that frat boy hoorah shtick. We've seen enough of it over the years. Time for some personality diversity.

-Tyler

Thank you! I was getting sick of it by the end of the series.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Ugh, no....

British actress reported up for the role of Obi-Wan's daughter

I'm all for retconning the prequels, but giving Obi-Wan a secret love child just doesn't seem right to me. I hope the rumors of her role are false and she ends up playing a character unconnected to the OT cast.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

If this is true (and I hope it's not), than the words of a certain gold droid come to mind, "We're doomed."

I mean I suppose it could work in established canon, but I don't know; I'd have to see how it works out in the movie before deciding on how good an idea it is.

Ugh, no....

British actress reported up for the role of Obi-Wan's daughter

I'm all for retconning the prequels, but giving Obi-Wan a secret love child just doesn't seem right to me. I hope the rumors of her role are false and she ends up playing a character unconnected to the OT cast.

I will actually refuse to watch any more Star Wars content in the future (besides Battlefront III) if they dare do this. Obi-Wan is supposed to provide contrast to Anakin- old vs. young, careful vs. reckless, calm vs. temperamental, good Jedi vs. bad Jedi (lover+kid), light vs. Dark. He's already had lovers before, like Siri Tachi (right?) and Duchess Satine from Clone Wars - but giving him a secret child will entirely ruin the binary that is created between two entirely likable and altogether different characters. Shame, absolute shame on Disney if they do so.

I think it Might be Windus grand daughter. If he survived the window incident he seems like a Jedi who crossed the lines of light and dark quite unpredictably. Who knows what he got up to? He could have had several kids with several women for all we know?

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody CALM DOWN!

The report says nothing about Obi-Wan's daughter. There is link to another article but this is all it says:

Even more interesting is the claim that "Abrams and Lucasfilm are now searching for a 20-something female actress who is either of mixed race or black. The rumor is that Obi-Wan Kenobi had a daughter or granddaughter."

And I don't see any sources of it anywhere. A Google search shows that any links from any articles about this issue leads to the same quote above, albeit in different articles. And none of them cite any sources. Just "the rumour".

Of course, I could be wrong.

Edited by Just Norik

So roughly 15 minutes ago, Mark Hamill posted on Twitter that he's in Episode VII.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Honestly, I can't really tell yet. Although it have heard from a lot of places that it harkens back the original in many ways. I'm normally okay with this. As long as they give the characters a bit of uniqueness.

I personally don't see much of a parallel between the Rebels main characters and the original trio from the footage we've seen so far. But as said above, nobody can really tell until the series airs.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it, was a big fan of TCW and even though it started a bit rough, it exceeded my expectations later in the series. Always been interested in exploring the years before A New Hope too, so Rebels has got me on board with that aspect.

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

So I read from a bunch of YouTube comments reccently that Diseny has thrown away the entire expanded universe. The only things canon supposedly now are the two movie trilogies, the clone wars show and this Star Wars Rebels show you guys mentioned.

Its unknown if anything before the movies is canon like the Old Republic Era, but some people think so since the clone wars show mentioned Darth Bane and Darth Bane got the rule of Two from Revan.

Here's a link

Edited by Flex Till Death

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it's that they're "throwing out" the Expanded Universe-- I got the impression that they're just picking and choosing what to go by to tell the story they want to tell. Which is frustrating, but from a creative standpoint it seems like the most logical option for them to do.

"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."

• 4 months later...

I have enjoyed it thus far, albeit it's not much yet.

The premiere episodes were certainly far more enjoyable than Clone Wars' first outing with that "movie." Not like that would have been hard to top...

And it looks pretty decent too. My only complaints so far were with the animation are with the Wookiees. They were quite literally too slick and smooth. They just did not look like the giant furballs I know they're supposed to be and it was weird.

The new episode last night wasn't bad either... I like that we're getting snippets of backstory slowly but also immediately rather than it all being thrown out at once or taking forever. We're moving forward while learning without getting frozen in time for a flashback. At the same time, I do feel it might have been premature to introduce Bail, C-3PO, and R2-D2 to the other rebels already. It would have made more sense to me for Bail to have taken an interest in them if they had already clearly developed into proper and righteous rebels and not just smugglers (ie more episodes first please). But it was a moment I would have liked to happen eventually anyways, so I'm not too upset. :P

So in short: Strong start, might have been too wary and critical before, definitely intersted in more.

(And it's definitely a pipe dream of mine for the writers to use Rebels to reintroduce discarded EU characters like Starkiller or Ram Kota back into the canon fold.)

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

I was initially very hostile to Rebels because A) Clone Wars was getting really awesome and I'm bummed they cancelled it, and B) Rebels seemed like a half-baked replacement with a similar animation style but lazier in terms of detail.

That said, I watched the first two (or three I guess) episodes and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not a fan of Ezra but eh, his jedi training might make him better. We'll see.

Edited by The Xinlo

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I'll continue watching for Kadan, Sabine and Hera. They all seem really cool and I hope they get fleshed out nicely, and it doesn't just focus on Ezra.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I really don't get why they're sticking to Lothal in Rebels... Exploring a variety of planets was one of the great things in Clone Wars, and even just from an in-story perspective it doesn't make sense to stick around on a planet you're very, very much wanted on and have been hunted down on when you could be going anywhere.

Plus it's kind of just a poor man's Tatooine and pretty boring. :P

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.