Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

They might move away from it completely later.

I'm really liking the show so far, by the way.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I found the last episode to be decent at times but overall not really worth watching. Ezra really bugs me. Here's hoping for more plot soon.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I loved that twist. :P

Also, the Inquisitor's lightsaber makes my inner child squee in delight.

It's something I had thought up in my spare time about 5 years ago.

Funny one of the show's creators had the same idea.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Everything with Luminara was pretty morbid and not quite what I expected... I like it.

And hurray they got off the planet! :P Just to return afterward though... Yeah I guess it's their base, but to me it still doesn't make sense to keep using it as one.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Today's episode felt a little underwhelming. I couldn't really get into it, unfortunately.

f9Qcky7.png

I didn't nmind the new episode so much, ezra was much less annoying. still wish they'd get off that planet and do something though.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

• 2 weeks later...

So this week's Rebels episode wasn't too bad. Made me appreciate Lothal a little more by being recognized as a shipyard (I don't recall that beign said before anyways) and seeing the oppression some more.

But I'm still not going to get over how silly it is for the gang to be sticking around. Especially with so many high profile officials after them and also seemingly based on this planet (which I would also say just isn't likely).

At least we'll be getting a proper fight with the Inquisitor next week. That should be exciting.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Gathering Forces is a really nice episode. :3

Kinda bummed it's on a break until January though.

f9Qcky7.png

i mean i get that it's a teaser but considering what marvel dropped as a teaser just a month ago it's not exactly impressive - there wasn't enough that i liked to hold my attention

+ Stormtroopers looked good

+ Cast looks good; John Boyega's talented and if we're getting a stormtrooper POV I think he's a good actor to really react to the inner workings of a post-Palpatine Empire

+ Old sound effects

- That lightsaber is ridiculously impractical

- The CGI on the Falcon and the X-Wings is really technically well done, but it feels too pretty; the Falcon in particular feels like it lacks most of the charm the model version from the OT had

- Again feels like there's going to be a lot of the original trilogy being used as a crutch here, just like the prequels

- The reaction everyone is having to this trailer is the exact reaction people had fifteen years ago when the trailer for The Phantom Menace dropped out.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

-Tyler

• Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

GUYS THAT LIGHTSABRE IS AWESOME SHUT UP

- Again feels like there's going to be a lot of the original trilogy being used as a crutch here, just like the prequels

- The reaction everyone is having to this trailer is the exact reaction people had fifteen years ago when the trailer for The Phantom Menace dropped out.

if it's any reassurance (and it should be) JJ abrams is a much more talented director than george lucas and he seems excited enough about the work he's doing so the comparisons to the prequels are more likely your PTSD acting up than intuition

Edited by Archer Vonn
  • Upvote 1

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

That lightsaber seems to have a crossguard, since the only way you'd get an effective crossguard against a lightsaber is by having the crossguard itself made of the same stuff (energy), but at the same time it really looks like there's a risk of cutting your hand.

Yeah, that is what I guessed it is. It still looks a bit silly, but it is practical.

Other than that, I love the redesigned stormtroopers. As much as I love the Legacy comics, I was a bit disappointed that they didn't really evolve the stormtrooper armor as much as they did everything else.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

@archer: i'll grant you the point re: everyone feeling this way about phantom menace, but i wasn't even that big a prequel hater (rots > rotj in my opinion, with the first two prequels being the worst films) and i feel pretty confident in saying the constant "wink wink nudge nudging" of all these characters from the original trilogy into the prequels - like boba fett, threepio, artoo, chewbacca, etc - and all the hints about what would become of them were a big part, to me, of what dragged them down so far. i'm just saying that there should be a big divide between what made the original trilogy, with a couple easter eggs along the way, and this new trilogy, and the teaser didn't give me a lot of confidence that that's what's gonna happen

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

rots was my favourite prequel too. i dunno what you mean about the wink wink thing, but at the same time i guess i never really thought about it. either way, no amount of riding on the originals will ever be as obnoxious as the book about the palpatine clones.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

• 1 month later...

Oh Lando, you lovable scumbag you. Loved seeing you. Oh, you... you're based on... on Lothal now, you say?

*headdeskheaddeskheaddesk*

Still my biggest gripe with Rebels...

~|ET|~

• Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

Give it time... Something tells me the scope will get broader. :P

But yes, he was great.

f9Qcky7.png

Does anyone know of a good way to get back into Star Wars? I have the Thrawn Trilogy graphic novel in hard cover, but i just fell out of interest somewhere in the middle of the second chapter. i try playing Star Wars Battlefront II (the mod) Dark Times II: Rising Son (son as in Luke Skywalker), but... I don't know, i just don;t get the awesome immersion that I once did.

rots was my favourite prequel too. i dunno what you mean about the wink wink thing, but at the same time i guess i never really thought about it. either way, no amount of riding on the originals will ever be as obnoxious as the book about the palpatine clones.

I loved Revenge of the Sith. :D

I had been wanting to get the book about the Palpatine clones because of how interesting it sounded... is it really that bad? Should I instead put my money to the Exar Kun graphic novels or the book Darth Plageius, or something else entirely? I heard Darth Bane's (both books and graphic novels) stuff was good.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Not a graphic novel reader, so I can't speak to them. But the Bane book trilogy was fantastic.

Darth Plageius was also really, really good in my opinion. And still veeery easily fits into the new canon if you want to ignore Disney's decree that no EU matters anymore as much as possible. (Wish they had at least been selective about it... Seriously the Plageius novel is a perfect example of literature that adds to the story and didn't conflict with their new direction.)

Maybe give Rebels a shot. Since it's part of the newly established canon and all. But not sure how you even feel about sticking to that anyways. So in that vein, I also recommend the X-wing series.

----

And I know it'll probably broaden its scope eventually, but Lothal having literally everything the group needs, even down to Lightsaber crystals and future famous Rebels, just seems way, way too improbable to me to accept.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

(I just realized the best way to get back into Star Wars: watch the movies. xD   Next time they come on SpikeTV, I will record them.)

Have you read anything about the Great Hyperspace War? I would like to know if any regular books are available about it. I have to say though, I really do not like the lagging technological progression from Exar Kun to the Rise of the Empire Era., and it is something I hope is fixed in Disney's universe.

On the subject with Disney's decree, like comic book universes and current Star Trek universe, I now see Star Wars having two universes, Universe A/1 (pre-Disney purchase) and Universe B/2 (post-Disney purchase). That was the main way I was able to cope with the de-canonization of a big chunk of my childhood (reading a lot of stuff up on Wookiepedia as a kid. Good times, good times.)

How is everyone's opinion on OTR? Should it have been canon in Universe A/1 (is it canon in the current universe? I shouldn't think so...)? Or should it exist in it's own little 'thing'? The Cold War between the Sith Empire and Old Galactic Republic seemed quite moot, not to mention Darth Revan's book minimizing the Exile's role to just being a ghostly padawan. >.>

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

• 3 weeks later...

i am. I found some concept art for the new movie:

star-wars-episode-7-darth-vader.png

Star-Wars-VII-Concept-Art-2.jpg

Question: Who is this peculiar and admittedly creepy looking meat-bag?

Not a graphic novel reader, so I can't speak to them. But the Bane book trilogy was fantastic.

Darth Plageius was also really, really good in my opinion. And still veeery easily fits into the new canon if you want to ignore Disney's decree that no EU matters anymore as much as possible. (Wish they had at least been selective about it... Seriously the Plageius novel is a perfect example of literature that adds to the story and didn't conflict with their new direction.)

Maybe give Rebels a shot. Since it's part of the newly established canon and all. But not sure how you even feel about sticking to that anyways. So in that vein, I also recommend the X-wing series.

----

And I know it'll probably broaden its scope eventually, but Lothal having literally everything the group needs, even down to Lightsaber crystals and future famous Rebels, just seems way, way too improbable to me to accept.

~|ET|~

Well, I picture there being two separate universe, the old one and the new one; though I have to agree that Disney should have been selective rather then having an all or nothing approach.

And on a note with Rebels, I have not been watching it, (aside from the first couple of episodes), but having everything on one planet in Star Wars (where every planet is supposed to be one or two terrain types) does seem to be of a stretch, and I agree it's hard to believe.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I finally got Watch Disney XD working for me, so I got caught up on Rebels. It is definitely improving as it goes on.

I kind of like that Rebels is taking place pretty much on one planet, but it could have been pulled off better. I like it because it is a way to have the cast of good guys and bad guys remain consistent in a relatively believable manner. I don't like that they kept the usually Star Wars trope of having the planet being one big biome. I think Lothal would be much more interesting if it were a more realistic planet with much more diversity, besides having city parts and plains parts.

I am looking forward to the new movie, but I won't really give it too much attention until there is more information about it out there.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

• 3 weeks later...

I have been re-watching TCW recently and I am just remembering how much of a great show it actually is. I actually think I prefer it to all of the six films. It is a shame it had to be cancelled prematurely but I can see why they had to do it. I will definitely be getting "Dark Disciple" when it is released in June.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I have been re-watching TCW recently and I am just remembering how much of a great show it actually is. I actually think I prefer it to all of the six films. It is a shame it had to be cancelled prematurely but I can see why they had to do it. I will definitely be getting "Dark Disciple" when it is released in June.

I stopped watching after season 2, though I did see some episodes concerning Madalore and Death Watch. Those episodes were a lot better then all the episodes I saw prior. I stopped watching it because it at the time did not go with the established canon, but after Disney bought LucasArts and made much of the Expanded Universe non-canon (which at first I hated, but now I actually see the wisdom in it and like that decision), I would really like to watch it. Ironically, I left the show for being non-canon and too childish, but it was after I left that it became the opposite. :lol

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I stopped watching after season 2, though I did see some episodes concerning Madalore and Death Watch. Those episodes were a lot better then all the episodes I saw prior. I stopped watching it because it at the time did not go with the established canon, but after Disney bought LucasArts and made much of the Expanded Universe non-canon (which at first I hated, but now I actually see the wisdom in it and like that decision), I would really like to watch it. Ironically, I left the show for being non-canon and too childish, but it was after I left that it became the opposite. :lol

I honestly don't get how people say it's childish. Even season 1 and 2.. They had some real themes and problems that every adult could relate to. If anything, re-watching them when I'm older only makes me see the more grown-up elements to it more clearly. I remember the talk between Anakin and Asohka at the end of the final Geonosis episode in (I think) season 2 really hit home to me that it wasn't just a kids show. Sure, its a kids show, but it doesn't talk down to the older audience either. I know it did conflict with canon which used to bug me too, but I wouldn't want them to sacrifice a good story for the sake of adding in a detail in from the books. 

Watching more Rebels, I am starting to really enjoy it. Seems like a very fun show that can appeal to everyone and I can clearly see the tone they are going for. Some parts in it genuinely make me laugh. Its not so much the lines themselves, it's more the delivery. Stella voice cast all around. From what I here it seems to be tying up a few loose ends from TCW so that's really great news.

I cant really see why people are complaining about the animation style either. Sure, its different from TCW but its definatley not dumbed down. Its actually very crisp. Only thing Im slightly not too sure about is Kanan's face texture looks kind of shiny and reminds me of the little avatar things on the Nintendo Wii.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

The animation for the show is pretty good, but a couple of character designs stick out to me: The Inquisitors teeth always reminded me of a vampire, in fact in one scene where he crawled out of the shadows and ignited his lightsaber, I dubbed over it saying, "I ahm heyahr to drink yohr blud! Blud, blud!". Ezra's eyes are not augmented like J.C. Denton, "My vision is augmented!", so why do they glow like that, also why is his hair blue? And lastly, why does the one chic have faded out hair? Isn't the movie trying to stay with the feel of the original trilogy? I don't recall anyone coloring their hair in a modern 'rainbow-hues' liberal fashion back in either A New Hope, or the 1970's. 

Fun fact (or not?!): Due to Star Wars Battlefront II, Darth Vader's theme for me is now a tune from Battle of the Heroes and Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan. The Imperial March just sounds like Stormtroopers, Star Destroyers and "Fellow loyal Imperials, now hear this! All second-stage pilots prepare your battle-stations!" are just around the corner, not the big man himself

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

What's everyone's impressions of the first season of Rebels? I honestly think it's an overall more enjoyable story than Clone Wars so far, and more like-able characters. Though, Clone Wars' has the better version of the art style.

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Is anybody reading (or has read) the Han Solo Trilogy? I haven't finished but it's amazing.

The last Star Wars book I read was Republic Commando: True Colors (I think it was called). I am glad you are enjoying it, right now I am preoccupied collecting DC Graphic Novels. I will get to Star wars eventually.

What's everyone's impressions of the first season of Rebels? I honestly think it's an overall more enjoyable story than Clone Wars so far, and more like-able characters. Though, Clone Wars' has the better version of the art style.

I missed one or two episodes, but it was okay. Final episodes is what is going to make me come back for the next season. And I agree, I liked the art-style of 'The Clone Wars' more, this show has the same run-of-the-mill 3D/CGI animation that's featured elsewhere. I can't really judge if it is better then TCW or not as I stopped watching the show after Season 2.

And your signature's banner is weird. :P

If anyone has Star Wars: Battlefront II (and utilizes mods), has anyone tried out the Prakith map? Or The Dark Time II mod?

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

If you have it on PC, you should go here:   http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/

I have been looking for a mod that changes Anakin Skywalker's name to Darth Vader, and has the outfit he wore on the Order 66/Jedi Temple Assault mission (using a hood). Can anyone help me? It would be more logical for Anakin to look and be called as such when he is listed as being evil. Google isn't being very helpful.

Edited by -Windrider-

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Oh yeah, never commented on it...

That finale to Rebels' first season was everything I had wanted. Fantastic episode.

It's hard to really remember how I felt about season one of Clone Wars, but despite all my qualms, the story Rebels presented still definitely satisfied me in the end.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.