Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

Apparently Rex is supposed to be a bit disheartened with the Republic. I hope that gets expanded in the next arc...

Hopefully, that means he'll probably disobey Order 66. BTW, anyone else dislike Rex's new helmet? I sure do, since I would've prefered the standard Phase II helmet.
I don't. It gives him more personality and allows him to stand out more, IMO. The armour is not just an aesthetic trait. It reflects the character as well.

evangelyne.jpg

I still haven't read Legacy of the Force. Wiki'd it, tho. From what I read there, I didn't really like where the writers went with Tahiri.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Apparently Rex is supposed to be a bit disheartened with the Republic. I hope that gets expanded in the next arc...

Hopefully, that means he'll probably disobey Order 66. BTW, anyone else dislike Rex's new helmet? I sure do, since I would've prefered the standard Phase II helmet.
I don't. It gives him more personality and allows him to stand out more, IMO. The armour is not just an aesthetic trait. It reflects the character as well.
I understand what you're saying, and I do agree that it makes him stand out more. However, I was more or less talking about the "look" of his helmet, not just what it reflects about his character. I'm just not feeling the "swag" with his helmet that I felt when I saw the phase II helmets. Just my opinion, though, and I don't blame you for disagreeing. :) Edited by ~Infinity~

Reading I, Jedi made me want to go back and read the X-Wing series, too. I've bought the first one, but since I couldn't find any others I haven't started reading it. (Well, when I bought it, they also had #5 and #8, but I didn't want to buy out of order... probably should've considering it was during Borders' going-out-of-business sale. :x) ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

If you aren't aware, Aaron Allston takes over the X-Wing series with Book 5. During this time Corran is doing Jedi stuff and whatnot (I think).They're almost as good as Stackpole's books though.And then Stackpole writes book 8 which takes place just at the end of Thrawn's whole new empire thing thing, and has Corran again.And then Allston wrote Book 9 which is completely unrelated to the others plot-wise but is still good.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I agree with most of you on the Clone Wars TV show stuff. I think Season 4 isn't the best out there, but it has its strong points. The Mon Calamari, Quarren, and underwater invasion episodes were downright awesome! Nothing much stands out after that. Riff Tamson was one of the best villains I've seen in that show! He was just plain evil! And he had one of the most hardcore deaths I've seen in the franchise! Awesome! I'm still expecting great things from Season 4.

nytronepic2_copy.png

A used bookstore I go to had a whole bunch of them, I'l probably buya couple next time I'm there.Has anybody here read Knight Errant yet? (The novel or the comics.)I really enjoyed the book.

Nope. But I might buy the novel. Is it better than the comics(which I may buy instead)?

I may be alone on this, but anyone else think Ahsoka's character development has gone fairly well in Season 3/4? She's a lot better now than in the first couple, IMO.

Agreed. I can definitely take her character a bit more seriously now. She's evolved into a better place in the story.

nytronepic2_copy.png

A used bookstore I go to had a whole bunch of them, I'l probably buya couple next time I'm there.Has anybody here read Knight Errant yet? (The novel or the comics.)I really enjoyed the book.

Nope. But I might buy the novel. Is it better than the comics(which I may buy instead)?
Haven't read the comics, but the novel was great.

Reading I, Jedi made me want to go back and read the X-Wing series, too. I've bought the first one, but since I couldn't find any others I haven't started reading it. (Well, when I bought it, they also had #5 and #8, but I didn't want to buy out of order... probably should've considering it was during Borders' going-out-of-business sale. :x) ~|ET|~

It is almost impossible to find books 1-7, I was only able to read the first two books before I gave up and skimped to the Thrawn trilogy. X-wing is my favorite series and books 3 and 4 are mentioned a lot in I, Jedi. I wish I had been able to read them. On another note, book 10 is coming out next year EDIT: I may have jumped the gun here. It features Wraith Squadron, and it is by Aaron Allston but it may not be a continuation of the series. It is called Mercy kill, and is scheduled to come out in July 2012. Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

You can look it up on Wookieepedia (I'm too lazy to post a link :P )Speaking of the X-Wing books, has anybody read Tales from the Empireand/or Tales from the New Republic? They both have a novella co-writtenby Timothy Zahn and Michael A. Stockpole! One of them features GrandAdmiral Thrawn wear old Mando armor. It is exactly as awesome as itsounds.

You can look it up on Wookieepedia (I'm too lazy to post a link :P )Speaking of the X-Wing books, has anybody read Tales from the Empireand/or Tales from the New Republic? They both have a novella co-writtenby Timothy Zahn and Michael A. Stockpole! One of them features GrandAdmiral Thrawn wear old Mando armor. It is exactly as awesome as itsounds.

I read interlude at Darkknell which was feathered in Tales From the New Republic. It did not have Thrawn in it but it did feather Hal Horn, Ysanne Isard, and Garm bel Iblis. I did not really like it at first but that may have been because I had only read Truce at Bakura previously. Since I have read the X-wing books and the Trawn trilogy I have grown to appreciate it more.

That is all

What did every one think of the new episode? I like that that General Pong Krell is putting clone troopers in there place. I get that they are alive and all but I personally have difficulty seeing them as people. They should be the same, they are raced to be nothing more then soldiers and they have that ingrained into there head at a very young age. It seems that the individual personality developed by clone troopers is unnatural. In theory they should all be the same yet they have the unique creativity to develop nicknames and individual armor decorations. Why are personalitys so different if their brains are all exactly the same? Why is every single clone trooper seen have armor paint? What ever happened to default white? EDIT: Now that I see it, I hate CC-7567's helmet too. It seem that they were not able to work Rex's unique face paint onto the phase II armors so they just gave up and made a helmet that fits him. Why should he get personalized helmet? After all he is only an army captain.

Edited by that guy from that show

That is all

Oh, a discussion on the nature of clones? I must contribute!

What did every one think of the new episode? I like that that General Pong Krell is putting clone troopers in there place. I get that they are alive and all but I personally have difficulty seeing them as people. They should be the same, they are raced to be nothing more then soldiers and they have that ingrained into there head at a very young age. It seems that the individual personality developed by clone troopers is unnatural. In theory they should all be the same yet they have the unique creativity to develop nicknames and individual armor decorations. Why are personalitys so different if their brains are all exactly the same? Why is every single clone trooper seen have armor paint? What ever happened to default white? EDIT: Now that I see it, I hate CC-7567's helmet too. It seem that they were not able to work Rex's unique face paint onto the phase II armors so they just gave up and made a helmet that fits him. Why should he get personalized helmet? After all he is only an army captain.

Keep in mind, that while the clones may have the same brain, DNA, etc., they are still sentient human beings, and therefore think and reason for themselves. While they may be trained to be identical soldiers, they will each have different experiences and develop unique personalities and outlooks on life. They may be physically the same, they do not actually think and reason the same. And because they are clones, they naturally seek to gain individuality. The galaxy sees them as faceless soldiers, heartless clones that aren't "real people'. Obviously, they're going to want to discourage that view, so they do what they can to stand out from the others: names, hairstyles, tattoos, and armor customization. On a side note, clones have never been completely "default white". During the Battle of Geonosis and the very early war, color was used to determine rank and specialty. As it when on, color significance changed to denote legion, platoon, etc. (501st blue, 212th yellow, 41st green, and so on.) Rank was determined by pauldrons and kamas instead of color. As for Rex, his helmet is directly related to his characteriation. He is opposed to the changes the GAR is undergoing, and I would assume he just really liked his original helmet, so he requested he have his own. This is nothing new, though: Cody, Bacara, and Gree all had unique Phase II helmets, as well.

Why does Rex have tallies on his helmet now? Are they all his successful missions or something?

Kill marks, more likely. They're on his hands and arms, as well.

Oh, a discussion on the nature of clones? I must contribute!

Keep in mind, that while the clones may have the same brain, DNA, etc., they are still sentient human beings, and therefore think and reason for themselves. While they may be trained to be identical soldiers, they will each have different experiences and develop unique personalities and outlooks on life. They may be physically the same, they do not actually think and reason the same. And because they are clones, they naturally seek to gain individuality. The galaxy sees them as faceless soldiers, heartless clones that aren't "real people'. Obviously, they're going to want to discourage that view, so they do what they can to stand out from the others: names, hairstyles, tattoos, and armor customization. On a side note, clones have never been completely "default white". During the Battle of Geonosis and the very early war, color was used to determine rank and specialty. As it when on, color significance changed to denote legion, platoon, etc. (501st blue, 212th yellow, 41st green, and so on.) Rank was determined by pauldrons and kamas instead of color. As for Rex, his helmet is directly related to his characteriation. He is opposed to the changes the GAR is undergoing, and I would assume he just really liked his original helmet, so he requested he have his own. This is nothing new, though: Cody, Bacara, and Gree all had unique Phase II helmets, as well.

Why does Rex have tallies on his helmet now? Are they all his successful missions or something?

Kill marks, more likely. They're on his hands and arms, as well.
Consider the Imperial Stromtrooper (who I personally consider to be a better soldier then a clone). people join the stormtrooper corps as individuals and that identity is washed away to become no more then a number. By doing this, the galactic empire makes it's soldier more cold and efficient. They make no attempt to stand out and have little or no sense of self preservation. Unlike a clone they would never question a superior and are absolutely loyal. By robing a recruit of their identity a stormtrooper won't show battle field efections and will not react if a friend of theirs is killed. The cloners of Kamino had the ability to indoctrinate the clone children this way but they make no efforts to stop the developments of personalty. By allowing this behavior on the battle field clones can become emotionaly compromised with the death of a friend. As Fives did with Echo's death. It is also not politically wise to have clone seen as people. By allowing clone to become individuals the population can see the war as a wast of life and may be less willing to support it. If troops are seen as mere commodities like stormtroopers were, the result is more willingness to attempt extreme battle plains and more pride in a cause.

That is all

Consider the Imperial Stromtrooper (who I personally consider to be a better soldier then a clone).

Better soldiers? Apart from some Timothy Zahn's novels they are basically the Empire's version of Redshirts.

It is also not politically wise to have clone seen as people. By allowing clone to become individuals the population can see the war as a wast of life and may be less willing to support it. If troops are seen as mere commodities like stormtroopers were, the result is more willingness to attempt extreme battle plains and more pride in a cause.

Where exactly did you get the idea that the Stormtroopers were treated as commodities? Stormtrooper were both Clones andnormal recruits. 'Commodities' may be what the Imperial High Command though as them as, but I doubt it is what the averageperson though of them as.Anyway it is possible that the fact that the Clones had personalities could be used to gain support for the war: " Our soldiers arepeople and not just mindless machines that are mass produced for killing stuff!" type propaganda or somesuch.Another thing is that Clones take longer to create then Battle droids, Unless you're using Spaarti Canisters (bad idea, most of the time) they take at least months to grown. Meaning any advantage from using them as pure cannon-fodder are limited because the Droids will usually outnumber the clones. just my opinion, yours is equally valid.

Man, this week's episode was AWESOME. Master Krell was just plain mean though. :P His commitment is impressive, but his battle plans are less so. And he refuses to even consider the possibility that he's wrong.Rex's line "we're losing men. Not clones, men." That was just plain epic. He's right there.

So i finished i, Jedi and I enjoyed it very much. Two questions.1). Is Leonia Tavira ever heard from again? Even without Jensaarai and Imperial II class star destroyer still makes her a force to be reckoned with.2). the Jensaarai are awesome, they are my new obsession and have been drawing them a lot lately. They seem like influential figures but I have never heard of them before. Where can I find more info about them?

That is all

Started working through the EU novels. I went through both the Thrawn Trilogy and the Hand of Thrawn duology; any suggestions for what to read next? Zahn is supposedly the best of the EU writers, so I'm hesitant to continue.

Zahn was the worst in my opinion. Read some of Karen Traviss's work.
ah, those RC novels were..... sorta ok.i havent read that many SW novels, but i cant wait to find out what happens to rex. he isnt featured in SW: episode 3 (the movie) , so he can die.season 4 has been pretty cool sofar. but that gungan general dying was just sad, that his sacrfice was in vain at the end of the episode.umbara looks promising, and it kinda reminded me of landing at point rain, which started the best SW CW episode trilogy evar (geonosis re-invasion)does anybody realize that the new general could be a traitor. at the end of the episode, he walked away, and then the clones , not him, came under attack, AFTER HE WALKED AWAYkinda suspisous to medoes anybody play star wars republic commando?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)