Official Star Wars Topic

J46 Nui

Have those Z-95 Headhunter fighters appeared on the show before? They were cool.Did anyone else think the animation was a bit off in this episode? Or is it just the fact that I'm streaming it.

ive experienced a streaming lag before, but that was a while ago. try it in a couple days

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

The Headhunters were first seen in Darkness on Umbara.The aerial combat was great but Dooku's animation still gets to me. The faces are meant to be caricatures of the actors but Clone Wars Dooku looks nothing like Christopher Lee.Lee's head is rounder and not tall, his beard is defiantly not pointy and eyes are not so close to the top of his head. I also wonder why he almost never has a cape, is it because the fabric is too hard to animate?Queen Miraj Scintel ruined the last few episodes for me. Her character was just too cliche and over used. T he Prideful and Seductive queen is sooo over used (With a Russian accent to boot.) She simply had to little depth to be a leading character and I'm happy she died, (Even in Anakin's arms.)

That is all

Since when are prideful, seductive Russian queens a common trope?The episode was good, but I can't help but feel this story arc had a lot of missed potential. I figured Anakin would be much more affected by the slavery business, and would lead him closer to the dark side. It does show maturity, and while that is good for characterization, it's bad for flowing into Episode III. It also really didn't help that we had a three-week break to finish the story arc.The next episodes, however, look insanely good. Pre Vizsla and Cad Bane regaining the spotlight makes me happy.

Since when are prideful, seductive Russian queens a common trope?The episode was good, but I can't help but feel this story arc had a lot of missed potential. I figured Anakin would be much more affected by the slavery business, and would lead him closer to the dark side. It does show maturity, and while that is good for characterization, it's bad for flowing into Episode III. It also really didn't help that we had a three-week break to finish the story arc.The next episodes, however, look insanely good. Pre Vizsla and Cad Bane regaining the spotlight makes me happy.

oNot as much queen but woman of power, even bionicle has Rodaka. As for the Russian accent I would not hesitate to say that james bond had a lot of the queen's. There are so meny of these type characters in your classic spy/war/action/ thriller then you can shack a stick at.As for death watch, I am GIDDY

That is all

I finished Darksaber and I liked it! Calista Ming still has not grown on me and i have a hard time taking her a Luke's relationship seriously, it just does not seen natural to me, the whole think feels fake.On the other hand the founding of the Imperial Remnant was great, Bevel Lemelisk is a great character, and the Knight Hammer and battle of Yavin 4 made a wonderful climax.I also have come to the conclusion that Daala is a total failure, her only victorys have been her attacks on civilian targets. She certainly has showmanship and brings a degree of shock and awe, but when facing *ahem* an armed enemy. She really has never had a victory.I am about to start Planet of Twilight. I don't like Barbra Hambly but I am bound and determined to finish the "Callista trilogy."

That is all

I'm halfway through Planet of Twilight right now. Yeah, too much Callista focus ugh... She's pretty much the entire driving force for Luke's entire half of the plot.But there is certainly a mystery to it and one that has gotten me pretty interested.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Just watched the new Clone Wars episode. It was cool to see Pre Vizla and the Death Watch in action again, them being the coolest recurring villains the show has ( Yes, cooler then Cad Bane). I'm hoping they'l show up in the next episode, at least. In the next episode: After viewing the preview I'm guessing someone pretends to be dead, possibly Obi-Wan?

wow, this episode was cool! the framed death was really clever, along with obi wan's prison escape. can't wait for the next one!yeah, alot of old characters in there. i love these story arcs, like the season 3 premier, with domino squad, that was just great, and having reaccurances is really cool for this episode, because of all the old villans that were captured

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I feel ashamed for not even realizing it was Boba at first. :PSo I just finished Planet of Twilight... Ugh. So this, as I gather, is about Callista's life in a nutshell:

>Get raised by rogue Jedi>Trap mind inside ship computer>Escape by stealing somebody's body but losing connection to Force>Fall in love with one of strongest Jedi ever, ruin his life by leaving>??????>BECOME EMBODIMENT OF DARK SIDE

Yep, what a wonderful character...Also, drochs are creepy. Their potential as villains made me sad Dzym died. ~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

By far the best thing about the episode was seeing a bold and shaved obi-wan.Also, Am i the only one to think the security in that prison sucked

yeah, obi-wan bald was really wierd, and hte prison security sucked. i mean, really? they have the guards standing behind no cover in the upper level, so the prisoners could literally attack them by throwing kitchen utensils at them, as demonstared when obi-wan stabbed that shark guy. but escaping in the crematorium was a really neat idea, IMO

By far the best thing about the episode was seeing a bold and shaved obi-wan.Also, Am i the only one to think the security in that prison sucked

yeah, obi-wan bald was really wierd, and hte prison security sucked. i mean, really? they have the guards standing behind no cover in the upper level, so the prisoners could literally attack them by throwing kitchen utensils at them, as demonstared when obi-wan stabbed that shark guy. but escaping in the crematorium was a really neat idea, IMO
Not to mention that Bane, Obi-wan, and Eval wondered around a prison that seemingly had no security cameras.

That is all

Is it ever established how the CIS pays for the wars? They have plenty of privet donors and super corporations but do the planets that have joined confederacy pay taxes?The War was started because of taxes and over regulation on shipping routes so it would make seance that the separatist council would be in favor of less government.

That is all

Continued from the comments on this Blog Post:

@Ben: Well, they don't worship the clones at all. Remember, you're talking about the circle of Mandos, not the entire race. And, I don't think they say the Jedi are completey evil. Etain, Zey, and others are great friends of the group and are treated as equals, just they're views are sometimes thought of as evil. And, again, it is not said that Mandos are the best.

From the one Traviss book I read the only Jedi character was that one you had given up on them and joined the Mandalorians. I don't know about the Jedi in the other books. :shrugs: Edited by BenLuke-116

Uh.... Which book is that? Oh, you mean Jusik? Well, he's following Kal Skirata's ideals, not the entire Mandalorian race.But, the point of the Jedi being seen as somewhat evil, is you have to understand that they're using clones as if they have no soul and no emtion; justifying using them as cannon fodder instead of even giving them a choice. Such is the Jedi way with their padawans as well I guess...-Mef

Here's an idea. We boycott Star Wars merchandise until George Lucas releases the original trilogy in their original versions.

that would be cool; i really want to see that scene with c-3po leading storm troopers into wampas :D

that would be cool; i really want to see that scene with c-3po leading storm troopers into wampas :biggrin:

not-sure-if-serious.jpgC-3PO leading an army of Storm Trooper Wanpas?
no! the old scene in the original version of the empire strikes back that has C-3PO running from snowtroopers in echo base, and he pulls off the warning sign on the wampa infested room, and then the stormtroopers rush by and go in the room and get decimated by wampas Edited by Bulik

So I get this big package from Amazon on my doorstep, and I have no idea what it is. So I open it, and it's the Book of Sith I preordered months ago. I don't know a whole lot of EU stuff on the Sith, but the book is pretty interesting. The fact that it comes in a giant Holocron with one of the coolest internal mechanisms ever made it well worth the price.

The Old Jedi Order was a bit morally questionable , I agree with you there, although not really comparable to gang of thugs that are the Mandalorians.

Yeah, I agree there too. The Mandos aren't pefect either... Well, Skirata isn't atleast. :P@Bulik: Yeah, that'd be cool if they included that.-Mef Edited by Mef Man

So I get this big package from Amazon on my doorstep, and I have no idea what it is. So I open it, and it's the Book of Sith I preordered months ago. I don't know a whole lot of EU stuff on the Sith, but the book is pretty interesting. The fact that it comes in a giant Holocron with one of the coolest internal mechanisms ever made it well worth the price.

Ughhhh I've been debating on whether or not to buy that, cuz I did spend a few hundred dollars in the past month... But it just sounds so cool!And I finally started reading the X-Wing series. Yep, Corran is awesome.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

:kaukau: I watched The Phantom Menace yesterday at midnight. I've never been to a midnight premier, but I figured this would be the perfect time to. My only regret was that I didn't have a good costume to dress up and be nerdy in and that no friends came with me. In fact, there was hardly even anyone in the theatre at all.Ah well, Darth Maul was worth it. And the 3D wasn't all that bad, if only because it was fun to see the battle droids get pushed aside by the force. Overall, it's just an epic theatre-going experience all round, even to the very end of the credits. I can't wait for The Empire Strikes Back to come out in four years.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

lol, it was funny when palpatine said "overkill"this was a neat episode. I at first thought it to be the prelude to episode 3 (the movie). but of course I was forgetting the original clone wars (the cartoon one).and guess what? IT'S A TRAP! that cracked me up.now I realize that this was sideous's original plan to convert anakin and destroy dooku, but since this failed, he had to do what happened in episode 3.that "one would think what would happen in a world without the jedi" thing that palpatine said is kinda creepy.

The episode was okay but the kidnapping seemed somewhat anticlimactic. The dual was the best part and very well done. :winner:Any one else wonder why the CIS choose to use bounty hunters? The separatists should have actual commandos at there disposal instead of having to rely on untrained scum they picked up somewhere. Bounty hunters are unpredictable and for the most part not trained militarily. I would think the CIS would have some form of black ops unit other then BX Droid commandos or IG-86s. :notsure:Also, did anyone else noticed that the flash speeders were flying? I did not think they could function as air speeders. :???:

That is all