Malum And A Zesk

ZippyWharrgarbl

So, I realised that I haven't put up any art here for a very long time! The only thing I've been doing at the moment is cheap sketchbook art, so I thought I'd put some of those up here.MalumSo, anyone who is familiar with me at all will know that my favourite character is Malum. My sketchbook has at least five sketches of him at the moment. While the arms in this image aren't that good and I didn't go into detail on the shoulderplates, I really like how the head turned out.And yes, those are teeth sticking out from the sides of his mouth in a modern-Orcish way.~~~ZeskI'll admit, this thing was drawn without any form of reference. Still, look at those eyes. This young, friendly Zesk will not maim you; it will love you!~~~Comments and (constructive) criticism will be appreciated and cherished!

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Well, since the malum drawing is not yet finished, and there's still a lot missing, I'll compliment you on what I see: the head. I looove the facial expression, it seems very lively. And considering the rather early stage of this drawing, it is remarkable. ^^And the Zesk... it's adorable. :3What confuses me a bit about it, though, is that it looks very human in design. I do know that's your art style, but on that Zesk, it seems a bit odd. Not in a bad way.(OT: nice sketchbook you have. from what I can see the paper quality seems great ^^)Edit: fixed a typo

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Well, since the malum drawing is not yet finished, and there's still a lot missing, I'll compliment you on what I see: the head. I looove the facial expression, it seems very lively. And considering the rather early stage of this drawing, it is remarkable. ^^And the Zesk... it's adorable. :3What confuses me a bit about it, though, is that it looks very human in design. I do know that's your art style, but on that Zesk, it seems a bit odd. Not in a bad way.(OT: nice sketchbook you have. from what I can see the paper quality seems great ^^)Edit: fixed a typo

It's weird how I don't realise it's unfinished until someone points it out. XD Welp, looks like I'll have to fix that up. My goodness. Thanks for pointing it out , though. I'll fix it up and, when I've fixed whatever's wrong with my drawing tablet, make it all pretty on the computer. I just hope no one thinks it's a WIP; it wasn't intended as one.I noticed that the Zesk looked too bipedal. My explanation is that it's unregressed.Thanks for commenting! :D(OT: Thanks! ^^ )

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

:kaukau: The Malum drawing rather creeps me out, mainly because of the human face underneath. Such an interpretation is always offsetting for me. Unfortunately, I cannot say that there's anything such as shading to distract me from the distraction.The Zesk, however, has quite a bit of personality, and I'll agree that it's cute. If only it was shaded, too, but I guess not.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

:kaukau: The Malum drawing rather creeps me out, mainly because of the human face underneath. Such an interpretation is always offsetting for me. Unfortunately, I cannot say that there's anything such as shading to distract me from the distraction.The Zesk, however, has quite a bit of personality, and I'll agree that it's cute. If only it was shaded, too, but I guess not.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Oh, my. I was aiming to have Malum look 'organic' in this image, though I suppose that, since I took some creative liberties with the design (non-see-through head, less detail on the face, etc.), it could look a little less like LEGO than some people like. Sadly, I cannot shade very well, and I didn't want to ruin the picture, so there is very little shading in most of my art.Quite honestly, I didn't think either of the pictures really needed much, if any, shading. But that may just be my preference, and I respect your preference, too. Thank you very much for giving me criticism on my art. :D