Deep Under The Sea

Taka Nuvia

mantax_chib_eyetrapi.jpg

(clicking the thumbnail leads to the full drawing, as always. ^^)

*sigh* I wonder when I will ever be able to draw serious Bionicle fanart again... not that big eyed cute chibi-ized stuff. Although Mantax looks really cute that way. Almost too cute...and yes, I took some artistic liberties with his design. xDComments and Criticism greatly appreciated!Edit: fixed a typo and formatting ^^

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Now Mantax. Don't eat your ammo again. You'll need those squids for later.I don't mind what kind of Bionicle art you do. It warms my heart that people are still interested in it. :P

... but he loves their soft squishy jelly-ness! D=Aw, thanks. *hugs*

Aww, he's so cute. Poor squiddies... D= (Whoa... Deja Vu... O.o)Anyway, I like how you added fins on his feet. ^^ When Mantax meets vahki, they surrender or run (Deja Vu again. O.o)

Deja Vu? How come? xDThanks. I thought they might be useful. ^^

No, Carapar! Anyway, really goode, I like how you took something quite beastila nad made it super cute and addorable, while adding your own style. It's basically a cute turn on one of the non-cute things in Bionicle

Matoro_by_agnosticambition.png

Through fire, through ice

Through the endless pain

He payed the last price

When the acts seem tame

That the sword be drawn

That the trumpets blow

When it comes to dawn

We will all bow low

For the ice warrior

For the final singer

For the last protector

For the flame-bringer

It was his greatest fear

It was his final fight

His name glistens here

In the stars tonight

Matoro

Though i really don't like chibi drawings, this is legit. :biggrin:I love the way that you turned something totally weird/creepy in to a cute little entity.But, as bodacious as this drawing is, i still have critique.Somehow, the mouth just seems a little awkward to me. (or is that a nose? o_0)The tail also looks kind of out of place, but that might be just me.I do however love the way you shaded his head.Keep up thye good work!-Dwanny

Looks like a kid. Good work!Try Pridak next!

Haha, thanks ^^Maaaaybeee.... buzt Pridak is already verry cute the way he is as a set... we'll see. :)

No, Carapar! Anyway, really goode, I like how you took something quite beastila nad made it super cute and addorable, while adding your own style. It's basically a cute turn on one of the non-cute things in Bionicle

Yep, that was exactly what I was going for. ^^ Thank you!

Though i really don't like chibi drawings, this is legit. :biggrin:I love the way that you turned something totally weird/creepy in to a cute little entity.But, as bodacious as this drawing is, i still have critique.Somehow, the mouth just seems a little awkward to me. (or is that a nose? o_0)The tail also looks kind of out of place, but that might be just me.I do however love the way you shaded his head.Keep up thye good work!-Dwanny

aw, why not? They are cute... but thanks ^^The mouth... should have been 3-shaped at first, but then I decided to make it less extreme; it's possible that it turned out a bit awkward because of that :shrugs:but the tail looks fine to me.Anyways, thanks for the criticism, I'll keep an eye on those things the nxt time. ^^

The mouth... should have been 3-shaped at first, but then I decided to make it less extreme; it's possible that it turned out a bit awkward because of that :shrugs:but the tail looks fine to me.Anyways, thanks for the criticism, I'll keep an eye on those things the nxt time. ^^

3 shaped? that would indeed have been a bit extreme... x3It's not really that the tail looks out of place, but it's shaped kinda wierd; it's thicker in the middle than at the base.

Aaww, lovely xDHe looks a boy playing in a garden, noone would ever suspect he's an evil warlord :fear:"Mantax, I've told you not to play with food!" Poor squids..I love his eyes, creepy yet cute. His mouth doesn't look weird to me. I also like the colors of the background, at first I hadn't noticed but they really give the impression of the sea.

hidron_nuva_idea.png

It looks REALLY cool!Wait. You like Mantax? WOW! What a woman! :PHe seems pretty horrifying in set form even for ME! And I like Grindhouse movies!Anyway, jokes aside, you turned a grotesque Manta Ray into the largest, coolest Chibi I've ever see!

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

:kaukau: I don't mind that he's a chibi. I actually think that you get bonus points for adding a background. however, even though the shading is careful and smooth, I think that you could have more distinct darks and lights, especially since he's a slimy black creature, which is the perfect texture for it.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

:kaukau: I don't mind that he's a chibi. I actually think that you get bonus points for adding a background. however, even though the shading is careful and smooth, I think that you could have more distinct darks and lights, especially since he's a slimy black creature, which is the perfect texture for it.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

To be quaint, quite.

Aaww, lovely xDHe looks a boy playing in a garden, noone would ever suspect he's an evil warlord :fear:"Mantax, I've told you not to play with food!" Poor squids..I love his eyes, creepy yet cute. His mouth doesn't look weird to me. I also like the colors of the background, at first I hadn't noticed but they really give the impression of the sea.

Camouflage is a crucial skill, even for an evil warlord. Or maybe especially for an evil warlord xDThankies. ^^ I love drawing huge shiny eyes. ^^And yay, the background was noticed!

It looks REALLY cool!Wait. You like Mantax? WOW! What a woman! :PHe seems pretty horrifying in set form even for ME! And I like Grindhouse movies!Anyway, jokes aside, you turned a grotesque Manta Ray into the largest, coolest Chibi I've ever see!

Thanks! ^^Woman? Not quite. But that's CoT. ^^I didn't like any of the Barraki at first (to be honest, they scared me a lot), but I realized that actually they're quite awesome.That was the part of the drawing I liked the most xD

Slimy is not quite my thing. O.o However, I'll keep it in mind for the next time.And thanks.

• 2 weeks later...