The Tokotoru

Here's another MOC from within the Twilight Zone known as the downtime. 'Tis a three-Toa team.They are among my favorite MOCs that I've ever done. Ever. I didn't initially plan on doing a Toa Kaita, but I was like, "There are three Toa staring me in the face. It takes three Toa to make a Toa Kaita. 2 + 2 = fish." As always though, I hope you enjoy.All three standing there like bossesAll three doing battle or somethingToa of Fire: HahanaFrontSideBackBack with wings openToa of Air: HokaFrontSideBackToa of Water: PariFrontSideBackAnd the behemoth test of my skills and abilities:The Tokotoru's Toa Kaita, TatoruCrouching because test of articulationFrontRight SideLeft SideBackThe Sword

Edited by Hau-Great Mask Of Armor

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

Awesome.[please leave a more constructive post next time - Makaru]

Edited by Makaru

Matoro_by_agnosticambition.png

Through fire, through ice

Through the endless pain

He payed the last price

When the acts seem tame

That the sword be drawn

That the trumpets blow

When it comes to dawn

We will all bow low

For the ice warrior

For the final singer

For the last protector

For the flame-bringer

It was his greatest fear

It was his final fight

His name glistens here

In the stars tonight

Matoro

Hahana: The pose makes him look a lot more solid than he actually is. Basically, his torso is too thin and needs bulking up on the sides rather badly. The gaps in the lower arms are somewhat distracting, as are the silver Visorak pseudo-feet used as armor. Mainly, I'm concerned with the distribution of bulk. As I mentioned, the torso is skinny, as are the upper arms to some extent, but the legs and lower arms are too big and bulky for the MOC, so much so that they look, with a small stretch of the imagination, as if they were cannibalized from a different MOC entirely. (Also, get rid of those L-shaped red parts that stick out of the upper arms.)Hoka: Black, silver, Metru green, lime green, dark gray ... simply put, there are a few too many colors. The part you used as the chest armor comes in a Metru green-lime swirl, and the rest of the black seems easily removable. I'd like to see more armor on the upper arms and less armor on the lower arms. The lower portion of the upper legs are very skinny and make the legs seem even longer than they are. I suggest rebuilding them to make them slightly shorter, as, like Hahana, they seem to be cannibalized from a larger MOC.Pari: Her torso's armor is all messed up, really. While the parts you used aren't bad, per se, they look really strange in their current configuration. Remove the claw and add something up above the Avtoran torso to cover the rest of the Inika torso. The arms could serve to be streamlined, as the lower arms are too bulky and seem thrown-together. The upper arms are slightly better but seem rather impractical as far as articulation is concerned. (Also, get rid of those trans-lime Bohrok eyes if you're not going to add trans-lime all over the body as accents.) I like her non-shield weapon, however, even though I might not be entirely sure what it does aside from maybe opening big cans.Tatoru: This is easily the best MOC of the four. If I didn't know better, I would be willing to bet that the Kaita was the original MOC and that the three Toa were built when it was deconstructed. However, as with any combiner, it suffers from a horrendous color scheme. If I were you, I'd scrap the other Toa and work on a better color scheme for this guy - the only structural complain I can think up is that the ankles might be a little on the smallish side.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

@ Matoro --- Preston=Xd: Okay, I suppose.@Sumiki: Hahana was heavily inspired by Zorrakh's PBZP of me, especially in the shoulder/upper arm areas. Also, it recently occurred to me how absurd it is for such a heavily armored Toa to have wings, but I digress.Hoka was indeed mostly cannibalized from my Sir Lesovikk MOC. Their torsos are pretty much identical if I remember correctly.Pari was simply born from a desire to make a Toa of Water. I was going for sort of skirt with her torso armor(because apparently being blue has no bearing on your gender), so that is what's up with her armor placement. Also, her upper arm armor actually didn't impair articulation as badly as you'd think.Tatoru, like I said, was never planned, and his sort of haphazard color scheme was due to me trying to evenly distribute the parts unlike canon Toa Kaita have done. Also, it would take a miracle for me to try and figure out his construction so as to build him again, but thanks for the suggestion :)

Edited by Hau-Great Mask Of Armor

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

Very interesting toa, I must say. hoka is by far my favorite of the trio, and I've always been a fan of bow-like weapons. I like his color scheme myself. THe other two are alright, although my one suggestion is to make Hahana a bit bulkier. Other than that, great job. 8/10 from me!