Mafia T2: The Cult Returns

Voltex

*Accidentally bumps into Lhik* Oh, sorry, you looked like you were in deep thought there, something wrong? >=PSo, three cultists, only one known... We can certainly do this! ... and, since I haven't gotten any memos saying that I'm part of the Cult, that means I can still help you guys. =D ... Not that that means much at this point. =|

I didn't know that. =O Guess the Spy wasn't the only one out of the loop at first. :rolleyes:

Yes, that was indeed an unfortunate drawback of the Cult. One did not know any of the other Cultists or the Cult Leader until the Spy had either achieved his goal or gone down, and a Cultist doesn't even know if they were the one to kidnap a target until they see their name in the suspect list.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Isn't that kind of a good thing, in the event that a Cult member goes and announces to everyone that they kidnapped somebody? Because certain people just might. :dozingoff:

Edited by An Edible Explosion

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Scene 5: No TitleSo this guy was like, walking down the street and all. As it was on a typical scene day, the clouds were blocking the sun and thunder was rumbling in the distance. This guy was a little sad, because he knew he was on the Cult's conversion list- and sure enough, the newest member of the Cult leapt out of a bush and tackled him, shoving a picture of Hapori Dume into his face."CONVERT! CONVERT!" the Cultist screamed, spittle flying every which way."Leave me alone!" this guy retorted."YOU MUST CONVERT! YOU MUST CONVERT! YOU MUST CONVERT!" the Cultist chanted."Fine." this guy muttered. "You're not a lunatic at all, by the way.""CONVERT! CONVERT! CONVERT!"Suspects in this guy's conversion:-Vinylstep-JiMing-Paradoxophobia-Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Edited by ibrow

It amuses me to watch this game proceed without my intervention...

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

SCENE 6: THE ENDJiMing was backed against a wall by the mob of living people left in the village, which wasn't many. Regardless, in their bloodlust they trampled him, and thus JiMing died. Gotta say though, it's a better fate than what he could've suffered.Villager stampeded by mob.With JiMing dead, however, and revealed to be a villager, the remaining living villagers (and the Cultists around them) realized that the Cult was ripe to take over the village.Burnmad and Paradoxophobia grabbed each other's wrists, and then stared at Vinylstep, Blade, and Portalfig."We have to be able to trust one of them, right?" Burnmad asked. "I mean, I've like, survived this game against all the odds. There's no way there's only two of us.""Well, Blade was the Spy, so I don't trust him." Paradoxophobia reasoned. "And Portalfig was never at a crime scene, so that must mean Vinylstep is a Cultist!""CONVERT! CONVERT! CONVERT!" Vinylstep screamed, spittle flying everywhere once again."Okay man, calm down." Toa of Dancing murmured. "We got them. Blade, if you will...""Time to win a second time!" Blade cried gleefully."Portalfig, come on!" Burnmad called.Thus Portalfig ran over and joined the two villagers, running into the shadows of Control Point C. Unfortunately, he'd never been at a crime scene throughout the entire game for one simple reason that I'm sure we all know:He'd never been ordered to.But now Portalfig's time to shine had come, and it was clear that he'd been the mastermind at work all along (sorry Cult Leader). Burnmad heard the ticking of Portalfig's clock a second before he turned to see Portalfig (with Toa of Dancing, Blade, and Vinylstep clearly visible behind him running towards the three) completing Paradoxophobia's conversion.2nd Last Villager converted."What is this I don't even..." Burnmad trailed off. "Wait, it all makes sense now! You were Toa of Dancing's secret weapon!""Nonsense." Portalfig scoffed, pulling out his portal gun. "I've been the mastermind all along, you fool; it was I who told Toa of Dancing who to convert and who to send, and it was I who transported every Cultist where they needed to go. And the best part is, that traitor Impulse never knew who I was, while he was free Blade didn't know, and while they were alive the Sniper and Engineer didn't know.""You suck.""I've played you all like cards in a card game- like pieces in a game of chess." Portalfig continued, laughing maniacally. "And I have now single-handedly checkmated the Village with my pawns."Burnmad had three seconds before he was converted by Portalfig's clock. He spent those three seconds wishing he'd been the Pyro, since his name would have made for the perfect pun.Last Villager converted.Tyler Durden watched from above and nodded once; before returning to where he belonged, he set every single building in the Village on fire (unfortunately, Control Point C was outdoors) and then vanished.THE CULT WINS! CONGRATS! AND CONGRATS TO BLADE, WHO WON TWICE IN ONE GAME!It was fun everyone- would you all be up for an eventual Round 3?

I have vague pplans for the third game; you guys can expect it in June if I do it. Pretty much as soon as I get back from Florida. xDCurrent title ideas are either:-Cult Fortress-Mafia III-3: Cult FortressPreferably, I'll use the first title. Unless any of you have better ideas. And I will consider suggestions on how to make the TF2 roles work better, or even on how to include the Soldier, Heavy, Scout, and Demoman all as seperate roles.

To make my record look better, I'll say that before my own conversion, I was going to investigate Portalfig, even if that's not actually true. That way I could have blabbed about things and ruined plans even more! :D

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

You should totally bring back the Torturer role for next game, BTW. I had a lot of fun with it. :)

lol, no problem. Will do. :PAlso Portalfig, it was me using a creative license to explain why you didn't appear in a SINGLE scene throughout the entire game. xD-ibrow

First off, I apologize for not posting this earlier. I didn't have the time to do so while the topic was open.Recently, we have had some concerns about the mafia games in this forum; in their current state, they don't really belong in this forum, since they're only tangentially Lego-related. Due to their high turnover rate and longstanding presence in G&T, we have not yet taken action, but because there are now multiple games that are developing further away from Lego, we cannot continue to do this without being unfair to other games (of which we have required more than just passing Lego references). This game was especially problematic, as you've been incorporating more content from non-Lego areas and will be expanding this in the next game. I'm afriad that if you're going to have a TF2-inspired mafia game, regardless of whether or not you have a BZP-named cult in it, you will need to move it to the Completely Off Topic forum.If you want to keep hosting mafia games in G&T, you're going to need to bring Lego back into them in more than just names. You could perhaps work Bionicle or Hero Factory powers into the scenes or role abilities; other Lego themes could offer interesting abilities, as well.I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions about this, please PM either myself or Windrider.