Girls' Corner

Peach 00

The third edition of the Girls' Corner since the forums came back. Hello everyone, and as most of you already know, guys are not excluded from discussion here. Just make sure you guys wipe your feet first before you come into the topic. ^^ Plus, quoted by member Alyska, the starter of the Girls' Corner's last two editions. Because I wasn't sure if she would start it again, I decided I'd start it anyhow. Quote below of what this is about:

Alrighty, let's try this again!I tried making this topic when the forums first came back, but it got swamped pretty quickly under the influx of all the other new topics being posted in COT. Now that things have calmed down a bit, let's give it another go...Here's what I posted last time:

Hi all! Welcome back. I couldn't find an "Official Bzpower Girls' corner V", so this can serve that purpose until it's back up. Here's the info from the front page of the last one:

Let's face it, folks, boys and girls are different. And that's a good thing.This topic is a place to post links and discussion by, about, and for the feminine side of Bionicle and BZPower. Boys and gentleToa are welcome to join in too, but please remember to wipe your muddy feet on the doormat. (Oh, sorry, that was sexist.)This is the fourth incarnation of the Girl's Corner tradition first established by the distinguished BZP member GaliGee. Some of you might be wondering "What happened to the BGCIII topic?" and "Where in the Mangaia is GaliGee?" Well, with RealLife increasingly encroaching on her online time, our beloved patron decided to step down from the duties of maintaining the topic, particularly the ever-growing submission list. Thus the topic has now been reborn once more under the govern of a group of dedicated BGCIII regulars."But didn't this use to be the Bionicle Girls' Corner?" and "Wasn't it in GD to begin with?" Due to a number of developments in the BGCIII topic, it was moved to CoT and had a name change to accommodate a more flexible discussion content. So here we are! biggrin.gifAt its heart, this is a topic intended for ...

• [*]Discussion of Bionicle and the other various fictitious worlds of LEGO, particularly in relation to the female characters[*]Female BZPers (quite a minority here on BZP) to meet others of their kind and perhaps not be such a minority for once[*]Keeping track of the various artistic pieces submitted regarding female characters in Bionicle and other LEGO franchises (once again, quite a minority)[*]Meeting people, talking, and having fun, but with Bionicle- and LEGO-related discussion generally at the epicenter.

Here's hoping it's just as awesome as before!
One thing I remember we were talking about a lot pre-downtime was where exactly this topic belonged and what could/should be discussed in it (Should it be limited to Bionicle and Lego, or can we talk about femininity/gender issues in general? Can we discuss the big issues in a sensible way, or is that just asking for trouble?)At first, I was wanting it back in GD, where it would get visited more often, but now I think being in COT allows for a wider range of discussion topics.What do you think?
My thoughts? Let's discuss past BIONICLE and LEGO, although still discussing those topics. Still, let's hope this is still as awesome as all the other editions we've had on the site. And, any art pieces of female characters in BIONICLE, you can link in your post, and I can put the link here in the starting topic post. I suppose writing could be allowed as long as its regarding female characters. Your thoughts?Discuss!(EDIT: Not sure but if one of the staff members working in COT can change the topic title so each of the I's in the topic title are spaced and capitalized, or just get rid of them, either way - if somebody can, I'd really appreciate it, thanks.)(EDIT2: I've added the a 'Creations' section to this post, with different categories. If you supply links, I'll put them here! :))(EDIT3: Thanks to the moderators for the topic name change. Really appreciate it, guys! ^^)CreationsStoriesAngel, by Peach 00ArtUnnamed Female Ice Toa, by BrickeensMOCsCOT-Related Creations Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Yay, it's back! ^^Lego through the years, huh?Well, there was one year when I was a kid that my brother considered getting me a girl's set as a present. It wasn't a joke or anything, I just really loved the lego cats (mainly because I loved animals as a kid. Still do, actually) and there was this one pink clock that had a bunch of them. Then my mother found out about his plans and pretty much shut down his operation. XP (Mainly because I'm a boy). Anyway, if I still had the set, I think I'd still love it (it had a bunch of differently colored cats. Those things are still adorable xP). Anecdote over. I never really understood the girl's lego sets as a kid beyond that. I noticed them, but I always thought "those minifigs looks weird. O.o" My attention went more to Bionicle and minifigure sets like Harry Potter among other things.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Now, I guess I should stop by here, too. ^^ It's about time...But I won't post a rant about the new Lego Friends stuff. Although it really annoys me. Because basically, it's like Polly Pocket, but Lego. Not that that's bad, but nowaday's me just doesn't enjoy it. xDAaand I still believe that there shouldn't be a division in boys' toys and girls' toys. but that's my opinion, anyway.Moreso, when I was younger I used to adore the Belville stuff... Ah well.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Yay, it's back! ^^Lego through the years, huh?Well, there was one year when I was a kid that my brother considered getting me a girl's set as a present. It wasn't a joke or anything, I just really loved the lego cats (mainly because I loved animals as a kid. Still do, actually) and there was this one pink clock that had a bunch of them. Then my mother found out about his plans and pretty much shut down his operation. XP (Mainly because I'm a boy). Anyway, if I still had the set, I think I'd still love it (it had a bunch of differently colored cats. Those things are still adorable xP). Anecdote over. I never really understood the girl's lego sets as a kid beyond that. I noticed them, but I always thought "those minifigs looks weird. O.o" My attention went more to Bionicle and minifigure sets like Harry Potter among other things.

Strangely enough, being a girl, I had no interest in those. xP I basically played with everything my brothers played with, which usually consisted of Xboxes, BIONICLE, LEGO, and a lot of other things. Never had interest in the girls sets, although the cats sound cute. ^^

Now, I guess I should stop by here, too. ^^ It's about time...But I won't post a rant about the new Lego Friends stuff. Although it really annoys me. Because basically, it's like Polly Pocket, but Lego. Not that that's bad, but nowaday's me just doesn't enjoy it. xDAaand I still believe that there shouldn't be a division in boys' toys and girls' toys. but that's my opinion, anyway.Moreso, when I was younger I used to adore the Belville stuff... Ah well.

I agree, instead of dividing the genders, you could combine both in toylines. For instance, you could have a set that has both a girls section and boys-oriented section of the set instead of dividing the genders in different themes. Or just have girls and boys sets seperate but just in the same theme, depending on the age of the audience that LEGO is appealing to in the different genders. Maybe that sounds terrible, I dunno. xD

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

slipped away...

Ladies. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png:P I kind of agree with the non-seperation between boys and girls toys. For SOME things.I mean, when (or if) I have a son (if I ever), I don't want him carrying around a Ken doll.I want him playing with the stuff I have now.Overall: I agree with the decision for non-segragation (would it be classified as that?) between toys for genders. Even though some don't pay attention to that (Bionicle).

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

I agree, instead of dividing the genders, you could combine both in toylines. For instance, you could have a set that has both a girls section and boys-oriented section of the set instead of dividing the genders in different themes. Or just have girls and boys sets seperate but just in the same theme, depending on the age of the audience that LEGO is appealing to in the different genders. Maybe that sounds terrible, I dunno. xD

Yup, a combination would be great. I mean, it's not as if everything were separated into girls' things and boys' things in real life... ._.

Ladies. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png :P I kind of agree with the non-seperation between boys and girls toys. For SOME things.I mean, when (or if) I have a son (if I ever), I don't want him carrying around a Ken doll.I want him playing with the stuff I have now.

but what if he really wanted one?

Overall: I agree with the decision for non-segragation (would it be classified as that?) between toys for genders. Even though some don't pay attention to that (Bionicle).

That's one of the things that made Bionicle awesome ^^

But Ken has such perfect abs ;_;-Teezy

:lol:

XDI introduced my neices and nephew to Happy Wheels. They're 3, 4, and 8.God forgive me.@Takia Nuvia- I guess I WOULD get him one, but he'd have to keep it somewhat of a secret. If he was a homosexual, my Dad would be SO mad.Then again, I don't discriminate against sexes (most of the time. I don't like feminists.), race, or sexuality. So I wouldn't stop my son from being homosexual.Or if I had a daughter, I wouldn't stop her either. Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

XDI introduced my neices and nephew to Happy Wheels. They're 3, 4, and 8.God forgive me.
I can never look at a picture of Santa the same way again after a successful level in Happy Wheels.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Ladies. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png :P I kind of agree with the non-seperation between boys and girls toys. For SOME things.I mean, when (or if) I have a son (if I ever), I don't want him carrying around a Ken doll.I want him playing with the stuff I have now.Overall: I agree with the decision for non-segragation (would it be classified as that?) between toys for genders. Even though some don't pay attention to that (Bionicle).

Well, yeah. That is a girl-oriented item anyhow - Barbie is mostly where I'd draw the line about gender classification in toy themes. That's going to be a girl-oriented Mattel product for all of eternity. :PI think so, maybe I'm wrong. BIONICLE, although it's supposed to be for young boys, could have been more oriented to girls at the same time, but the male audience would still outweigh the female audience. Still, agree with Taka. ^^

Coming from a guy (you), that's both humorous and scary. :P

slipped away...

Well, yeah. That is a girl-oriented item anyhow - Barbie is mostly where I'd draw the line about gender classification in toy themes. That's going to be a girl-oriented Mattel product for all of eternity. :P

But, but, but... just think of the possiblities! A Cyborg Barbie! A pink Monstertruck! A transforming Ken!Or gender-neutral sets!I would love to see that. xD

I think so, maybe I'm wrong. BIONICLE, although it's supposed to be for young boys, could have been more oriented to girls at the same time, but the male audience would still outweigh the female audience. Still, agree with Taka. ^^

But at least we had female characters/sets.And Roodaka was killer x3

Ladies. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png :P I kind of agree with the non-seperation between boys and girls toys. For SOME things.I mean, when (or if) I have a son (if I ever), I don't want him carrying around a Ken doll.I want him playing with the stuff I have now.Overall: I agree with the decision for non-segragation (would it be classified as that?) between toys for genders. Even though some don't pay attention to that (Bionicle).

Well, yeah. That is a girl-oriented item anyhow - Barbie is mostly where I'd draw the line about gender classification in toy themes. That's going to be a girl-oriented Mattel product for all of eternity. :PI think so, maybe I'm wrong. BIONICLE, although it's supposed to be for young boys, could have been more oriented to girls at the same time, but the male audience would still outweigh the female audience. Still, agree with Taka. ^^

That's how my humor works. I don't see the problem in complimenting other guys on their abs or hair or whatever.(waits for pantera's shocked reply)-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Well, yeah. That is a girl-oriented item anyhow - Barbie is mostly where I'd draw the line about gender classification in toy themes. That's going to be a girl-oriented Mattel product for all of eternity. :P

But, but, but... just think of the possiblities! A Cyborg Barbie! A pink Monstertruck! A transforming Ken!Or gender-neutral sets!I would love to see that. xD

I think so, maybe I'm wrong. BIONICLE, although it's supposed to be for young boys, could have been more oriented to girls at the same time, but the male audience would still outweigh the female audience. Still, agree with Taka. ^^

But at least we had female characters/sets.And Roodaka was killer x3
Agreed on both. Think of the possibilities: Transformer Barbies, Goth Barbies, and maybe even Bartender Barbie making a return! :PAlso, loved Lariska as well, but Roodaka was truly awesome.

slipped away...

That's how my humor works. I don't see the problem in complimenting other guys on their abs or hair or whatever.(waits for pantera's shocked reply)-Teezy
(Never going to get one)I don't discriminate against homosexuals, dude. I believe in equality for EVERYTHING.Yes, that means I'd punch a girl in the face. I said equailty didn't I? But if you commit Spousal Abuse, you're not a man. For Groom Abuse, the guy is just a wuss if a girl beats you up! :P

Led Zeppelin?

(Never going to get one)I don't discriminate against homosexuals, dude. I believe in equality for EVERYTHING.Yes, that means I'd punch a girl in the face. I said equailty didn't I? But if you commit Spousal Abuse, you're not a man. For Groom Abuse, the guy is just a wuss if a girl beats you up! :P
For me, yeah, same here. Waaay too many discriminatory people out there, and too many double standards, lol.And actually, I'd see slapping a girl in the face, but punching is a little much.Also, by the way, everybody, just wanted to say that I want to get the topic official-ized, not sure if that's possible, but what do you guys think? Edited by Peach 00

slipped away...

Agreed on both. Think of the possibilities: Transformer Barbies, Goth Barbies, and maybe even Bartender Barbie making a return! :PAlso, loved Lariska as well, but Roodaka was truly awesome.

Or what about Starship Captain Barbie, or maaybe even Hulk Barbie xD (Crossovers FTW)Roodaka FTW x3

Yes, that means I'd punch a girl in the face. I said equailty didn't I? But if you commit Spousal Abuse, you're not a man. For Groom Abuse, the guy is just a wuss if a girl beats you up! :P

Not sure whether I like the first part, BUTI really hope that last statement was meant as a joke. Abuse is abuse. No matter who beats up whom. Also, brutal girls do exist. Edited by Taka Nuvia

Or what about Starship Captain Barbie, or maaybe even Hulk Barbie xD (Crossovers FTW)Roodaka FTW x3

Yes, that means I'd punch a girl in the face. I said equailty didn't I? But if you commit Spousal Abuse, you're not a man. For Groom Abuse, the guy is just a wuss if a girl beats you up! :P

Not sure whether I like the first part, BUTI really hope that last statement was meant as a joke. Abuse is abuse. No matter who beats up whom. Also, brutal girls do exist.
...Super Barbie? x3Roodaka FTW. =DYeah, they definitely do. Abuse isn't exactly something that's a subject that should be taken lightly, I'd prefer it if we got away from the discussion, but maybe that's just me. =/

slipped away...

Not sure whether I like the first part, BUTI really hope that last statement was meant as a joke. Abuse is abuse. No matter who beats up whom. Also, brutal girls do exist.
...Super Barbie? x3Roodaka FTW. =DYeah, they definitely do. Abuse isn't exactly something that's a subject that should be taken lightly, I'd prefer it if we got away from the discussion, but maybe that's just me. =/
Or maybe even Wrestling Barbie. xDSure, no problem.

@Takia Nuvia - I mean, I WOULD punch a girl if she was provoking me, not if she was my girlfriend or wife.I'm in middle school, so there are PREPS THAT I HATE WITH ALL MY BEING! One girl made fun of me last year SO much, I ALMOST punched her. Unfortunatley, I have self control. Of course, I'm a foot taller than her.AND OF COURSE, SHE LIVES ACROSS THE STREET.

I'd prefer to move away, as well.-Teezy

Yes, sorry I mentioned it.So...ANYBODY CATCH MLP LAST NIGHT?!?Just kidding. I think the "bronies" thing is just dumb. It's not that I have a problem with guys liking that (I don't have a problem with that), it's just that they act like it's THE BEST THING EVER!Like me and Metal. Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Or maybe even Wrestling Barbie. xDSure, no problem.
That'd be very interesting. xPIt wasn't something I was getting angry about, but I just felt it wouldn't go in a good direction. Not blaming you or anybody else for anything, just so you know. =) Edited by Peach 00

slipped away...

@Takia Nuvia - I mean, I WOULD punch a girl if she was provoking me, not if she was my girlfriend or wife.I'm in middle school, so there are PREPS THAT I HATE WITH ALL MY BEING! One girl made fun of me last year SO much, I ALMOST punched her. Unfortunatley, I have self control. Of course, I'm a foot taller than her.AND OF COURSE, SHE LIVES ACROSS THE STREET.

I'd prefer to move away, as well.-Teezy

Yes, sorry I mentioned it.So...ANYBODY CATCH MLP LAST NIGHT?!?Just kidding. I think the "bronies" thing is just dumb. It's not that I have a problem with guys liking that (I don't have a problem with that), it's just that they act like it's THE BEST THING EVER!Like me and Metal.
Nonetheless, I would consider it a little overboard if you punched a girl. Let's move on though and forget about it. =]Well, there are guys I know that really like it, and although I can't understand their love for it on some levels, I accept it and sometimes still discuss it. It's just taste, I guess, guys can like MLP, just as they can like Ken dolls and BIONICLE, and, yes - even the color pink. :P TD: Lol, it's fine. I agree with her, I was just saying that I'd like to tear away from the discussion because it could lead in a bad direction, and that I didn't blame anyone. =P Edited by Peach 00

slipped away...

That'd be very interesting. xPIt wasn't something I was getting angry about, but I just felt it wouldn't go in a good direction, Not blaming you or anybody else for anything, just so you know. =)

Indeed. and what about... um, what about Black Metal Barbie? *lol*

Yes, sorry I mentioned it.So...ANYBODY CATCH MLP LAST NIGHT?!?Just kidding. I think the "bronies" thing is just dumb. It's not that I have a problem with guys liking that (I don't have a problem with that), it's just that they act like it's THE BEST THING EVER!Like me and Metal.

I don't like MLP, but I'm fine with it if someone likes it. It just gets unpleasant when fans try to recruit you. :/ But that's regardless of the subject of their fandom.Metal is nice, though.BTW, does anyone know any female singers doing 'growling'? 'cause I'm curious...

That'd be very interesting. xPIt wasn't something I was getting angry about, but I just felt it wouldn't go in a good direction, Not blaming you or anybody else for anything, just so you know. =)

I don't like MLP, but I'm fine with it if someone likes it. It just gets unpleasant when fans try to recruit you. :/ But that's regardless of the subject of their fandom.Metal is nice, though.BTW, does anyone know any female singers doing 'growling'? 'cause I'm curious...
Iwrestledabearonce is pretty dirty.It's not for me, but she's pretty growly-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Make friends not conflict.xoxo-Teezy

Too bad that doesn't work for war.
Too bad such a brutal concept as war has to exist in the first place.-Teezy
War exists for a multiple amount of reasons, and sometimes it brings people together, both in good and bad ways. It sometimes brings us one step closer to peace or takes us one step back, I guess.

That'd be pretty cool. =D Also, a Barbie actually made of metal would be interesting. x3Agreed, I just accept people for liking it. Can't stand it when fans try to recruit me, but if a friend suggests it, I'll try it out. If I dislike things they like, they're usually pretty cool about it.And no, none that I'm aware of. o.O Edited by Peach 00

slipped away...

WHOA!This turned into the Metal Topic for a bit!Okay. What do girls love? Me is a good answer. No, now is not the time for that. :PBack to the seperation of toys for genders. Where do we continue?EDIT: What WOULD be kind of bad is if the boys and girls in the storyline lived on separate planets.

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Sure thing. I really don't care. XDI have to live with people trying to come up with foolish nicknames for Tyler every day of my life, so Ty actually doesn't sound have bad.Words of wisdom: "Tylerio" is not, in fact, Spanish for Tyler.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

WHOA!This turned into the Metal Topic for a bit!Okay. What do girls love? Me is a good answer. No, now is not the time for that. :PBack to the seperation of toys for genders. Where do we continue?EDIT: What WOULD be kind of bad is if the boys and girls in the storyline lived on separate planets.

That's debatable. :P Joking of course, not knowing you too well makes it too soon to judge, lol.Not sure, entirely. We can move onto another topic, you guys can pick, although I'd like to discuss more on BIONICLE elements and the like, specifically having polls about the prefixes for certain elements? Specifically Lightning and Plasma, or something like that.Also, that would be interesting, although not necessarily a good idea. =P

Are we supposed to discuss relationships in this thread? o.O"BZAdvice Column"-Teezy

BIONICLE relationships, maybe, but personal relationships, no. I can see too many intimate details coming into the topic, but maybe I'm overexagerrating. I just don't see it being a popular frame of discussion. =/

slipped away...

That's debatable. :P Joking of course, not knowing you too well makes it too soon to judge, lol.Not sure, entirely. We can move onto another topic, you guys can pick, although I'd like to discuss more on BIONICLE elements and the like, specifically having polls about the prefixes for certain elements? Specifically Lightning and Plasma, or something like that.Also, that would be interesting, although not necessarily a good idea. =P

Are we supposed to discuss relationships in this thread? o.O"BZAdvice Column"-Teezy

BIONICLE relationships, maybe, but personal relationships, no. I can see too many intimate details coming into the topic, but maybe I'm overexagerrating. I just don't see it being a popular frame of discussion. =/
That's what I was thinking, I just got nervous when I saw Pantera's post.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME