Furno Vs. Jawblade

kalhiki

So, I was doodling and sketched Jawblade, so I decided to draw a pic of him fighting Furno.Large-ish picture, so I'll leave you with the link.http://www.majhost.c...ovsjawblade.jpgEDIT: Since people keep bringing it up: Yes, Jawblade is huge. Yes, I know. Yes, it was completely intentional.Kalhiki

Edited by kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Jawblade seems a little too big.

Well, in the series, he can grab Furno in his jaws, so the set scale isn't exactly accurate.That said, I love this rendition of Jawblade. It looks really sleek and not as blocky as the set itself, yet still manages to very accurate. Nice job.

plop

I'm not into HeroFactory, so I don't know anything about set accuracy at all - but I recognise an awesome drawing when I see it. ^_^The perspective chosen is great, and very well executed. Same goes for composition,And Jawblade looks adorable. Really really cute. I love how some parts seem to be glowing. No wait - I think I love the whole thing. =3A minor point of criticism remains, though - maybe you could have added more contrast in terms of shading. Or make the glowing parts a bit brighter. (But that's just my opinion ^^' )Overall, it's a really cool piece of art which you should be really proud of. :)

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Jawblade seems a little too big.

Indeed he is quite large compared to both the set and the show. But personally, I view him to be a massive, threatening shark, and not the tiny thing the toy is.

A minor point of criticism remains, though - maybe you could have added more contrast in terms of shading. Or make the glowing parts a bit brighter. (But that's just my opinion ^^' )

I agree with you there. I'm still new at Paint Tool Sai, so not sure what all it's capable of. Never was a fan of shading (when I'm just drawing, that is. Never got the hang of it), so the shading here was mainly just practice for me. Hopefully I'll get better in the future.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

That is..... I can't think of the perfect adjective for this. It just....IS. And I really like that! The word is used way to often to have any real bearing nowadays, but this really is epic! It almost makes me want to see a Jaws poster parody with Furno and Jawblade....Almost. Love it, keep doing it. :)

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

*jaw hits floor*Wow. That is an awesome drawing of Jaw-Blade and Furno. I seriously like how Jaw-Blade is a massive shark instead of the somewhat smaller set version. As said above, the glowy bits could be a bit more glowy-er, but other then that; great job!Although, Furno's left hand seems a bit... off somehow. *shrug*

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Wow! Awesome work man!I love how it's simple but manages to capture the essence of each set. Only complaint is that, like it was said above, it could have used a bit more contrast, The glowy bits just don't have enough... glow.Overall, great work!Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

:kaukau: I don't keep much track of Hero Factory sets so I really don't know what this is about, but regarding the size thing that people keep on bringing up: I've noticed that the difference between set size and actual in-story character size is a bit different. The Inika were so much taller than the Nuva in terms of sets, and yet the Nuva were really the big tough guys in-story.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

:kaukau: I don't keep much track of Hero Factory sets so I really don't know what this is about, but regarding the size thing that people keep on bringing up: I've noticed that the difference between set size and actual in-story character size is a bit different. The Inika were so much taller than the Nuva in terms of sets, and yet the Nuva were really the big tough guys in-story.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Thing is, Jawblade is both small as a set and in the story. Like I said before, I imagine Jawblade as a massive beast.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jawblade looks decent but, TOO BIG. And uhhh where's Furno's weapon? I can not believe he would leave that at the HF.............

As I've said before, Jawblade's size was intentional. I like to think of him as a big menacing shark. And Furno only has a gun on the toy, so I only gave him that. It's attatched to his right arm.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!