• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Furno Vs. Jawblade

Furno Jawblade Hero Factory

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Offline kalhiki

kalhiki
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 13-December 05
  • 1,345 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2012 - 04:36 PM

So, I was doodling and sketched Jawblade, so I decided to draw a pic of him fighting Furno.Large-ish picture, so I'll leave you with the link.http://www.majhost.c...ovsjawblade.jpgEDIT: Since people keep bringing it up: Yes, Jawblade is huge. Yes, I know. Yes, it was completely intentional.Kalhiki

Edited by kalhiki, May 04 2012 - 06:48 PM.

Posted Image
You're Doomed, Rayman!
Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!
(that's sarcasm, by the way)

#2 Offline Parazan

Parazan
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 15-December 11
  • 339 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2012 - 04:40 PM

Jawblade seems a little too big.
Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

#3 Offline Scrash

Scrash
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 13-October 07
  • 4,122 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 06 2012 - 06:31 PM

Well, in the series, he can grab Furno in his jaws, so the set scale isn't exactly accurate.That said, I love this rendition of Jawblade. It looks really sleek and not as blocky as the set itself, yet still manages to very accurate. Nice job.

plop

#4 Offline Fairy Paladin

Fairy Paladin
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 11-October 07
  • 4,092 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 02:59 AM

I'm not into HeroFactory, so I don't know anything about set accuracy at all - but I recognise an awesome drawing when I see it. ^_^The perspective chosen is great, and very well executed. Same goes for composition,And Jawblade looks adorable. Really really cute. I love how some parts seem to be glowing. No wait - I think I love the whole thing. =3A minor point of criticism remains, though - maybe you could have added more contrast in terms of shading. Or make the glowing parts a bit brighter. (But that's just my opinion ^^' )Overall, it's a really cool piece of art which you should be really proud of. :)

#5 Offline kalhiki

kalhiki
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 13-December 05
  • 1,345 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 07:26 AM

Indeed he is quite large compared to both the set and the show. But personally, I view him to be a massive, threatening shark, and not the tiny thing the toy is.

A minor point of criticism remains, though - maybe you could have added more contrast in terms of shading. Or make the glowing parts a bit brighter. (But that's just my opinion ^^' )

I agree with you there. I'm still new at Paint Tool Sai, so not sure what all it's capable of. Never was a fan of shading (when I'm just drawing, that is. Never got the hang of it), so the shading here was mainly just practice for me. Hopefully I'll get better in the future.Kalhiki

Posted Image
You're Doomed, Rayman!
Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

#6 Offline -DJ-

-DJ-
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 18-January 08
  • 729 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 02:57 PM

That is..... I can't think of the perfect adjective for this. It just....IS. And I really like that! The word is used way to often to have any real bearing nowadays, but this really is epic! It almost makes me want to see a Jaws poster parody with Furno and Jawblade....Almost. Love it, keep doing it. :)

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

#7 Offline Gravity

Gravity
  • Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 02-December 10
  • 7,656 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 10:41 AM

*jaw hits floor*Wow. That is an awesome drawing of Jaw-Blade and Furno. I seriously like how Jaw-Blade is a massive shark instead of the somewhat smaller set version. As said above, the glowy bits could be a bit more glowy-er, but other then that; great job!Although, Furno's left hand seems a bit... off somehow. *shrug*

signature.jpg

#8 Offline Astris Janus

Astris Janus
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 27-August 07
  • 274 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 11:17 AM

Wow! Awesome work man!I love how it's simple but manages to capture the essence of each set. Only complaint is that, like it was said above, it could have used a bit more contrast, The glowy bits just don't have enough... glow.Overall, great work!Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

#9 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 05-April 12
  • 2,243 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 11:22 AM

Good drawing, but Jawblade is a bit large.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz, Apr 24 2012 - 11:24 AM.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#10 Offline Kragghle

Kragghle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 02-January 07
  • 3,079 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 05:45 PM

:kaukau: I don't keep much track of Hero Factory sets so I really don't know what this is about, but regarding the size thing that people keep on bringing up: I've noticed that the difference between set size and actual in-story character size is a bit different. The Inika were so much taller than the Nuva in terms of sets, and yet the Nuva were really the big tough guys in-story.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Posted Image
Will you give all you can give so that our banner may advance?

Profiles

#11 Offline kalhiki

kalhiki
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 13-December 05
  • 1,345 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 04:05 PM

:kaukau: I don't keep much track of Hero Factory sets so I really don't know what this is about, but regarding the size thing that people keep on bringing up: I've noticed that the difference between set size and actual in-story character size is a bit different. The Inika were so much taller than the Nuva in terms of sets, and yet the Nuva were really the big tough guys in-story.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Thing is, Jawblade is both small as a set and in the story. Like I said before, I imagine Jawblade as a massive beast.Kalhiki

Posted Image
You're Doomed, Rayman!

#12 Offline Toa Genris

Toa Genris
  • Members
  • Toa

• 26-November 07
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 24 2012 - 09:29 AM

Great job here! i like how you made it out of proportion, it gives it the "oh ######, Furno's toast" effect. I also like how you made Furno somewhat reminiscent of Megaman, at least in his leg design. 9/10 from me!

#13 Offline Damaracx Caratas Xarian

Damaracx Caratas Xarian
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,025 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2012 - 12:06 PM

Jawblade looks decent but, TOO BIG. And uhhh where's Furno's weapon? I can not believe he would leave that at the HF.............

#14 Offline kalhiki

kalhiki
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 13-December 05
  • 1,345 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2012 - 06:46 PM

Jawblade looks decent but, TOO BIG. And uhhh where's Furno's weapon? I can not believe he would leave that at the HF.............

As I've said before, Jawblade's size was intentional. I like to think of him as a big menacing shark. And Furno only has a gun on the toy, so I only gave him that. It's attatched to his right arm.Kalhiki

Posted Image
You're Doomed, Rayman!

#15 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,542 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 04 2012 - 08:32 PM

The huge size of Jawblade is cool, and he'd be a great boss in a video game with this design. But Furno's sure gonna need some biiiiiig Hero-Cuffs! :lol:

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users