Official OTC RPG Rules & Guidelines

Than the Moa

The bzpower.gif COT RPG Staff welcomes you to…---------------------------------------THE OFFICIAL COT RPG RULES & GUIDELINES TOPIC---------------------------------------This topic is all about what COT RPGs are about and the people who approve them.---------------------------------------RPG Rules & Guidelines NavigationRPG RulesRPG Staff

• [*]Judges[*]Leader[*]History

RPG Information
  • [*]Running a RPG[*]Story Line, Setting, Plot, etc[*]Requesting a RPG[*]Format[*]Posting a RPG

Questions & Guidelines
  • [*]RPG Judges & RPG Leader[*]Role Playing Guidelines

Important LinksCOT RPG Request TopicOfficial RPG Planning and Organization Topic---------------------------------------Current RPGsUnfortunately due to the forum upgrade your RPGs are no longer posted. Please post and then PM me so I can place it in this toipc.---------------------------------------If you are not able to find the answer you are looking for, don't hesitate to ask in the Approval System topic.If you feel something should be noted, PM me , and I will see if it can be put up.Finally we would like to say thanks to the following people who have made this possible!-Sisen, Spink, and all the other fantastic judges that put up with me during this revision and transfer of power and through the many, many delays.-Jambi (Kex)-Toaraga-COT RPG Staff Edited by Than the Moa

Yo.

• 4 months later...

All right, I'm just going to put this forward because I'm getting SLIGHTLY fed up with the Judging system we have in place. I'm not sure if this is the place to post it, it seems to be the best. In the course of getting my RPG, Starscape, approved, three approvals came without asking. The fourth and fifth I acquired with relatively little pestering. The last and most critical, however, I have waited, and waited, and waited for. Nearly a week I have been patient: I sent a PM to Than The Moa, and attempted to contact him on AIM. I understand that with several forums under his belt, he's a busy man, but could he not spare the five minutes it would take to read my RPG and approve it? I am not alone in these complaints; I understand that Gladiator Vak, who submitted his RPG a good deal of time before me, waits on Than as well. My prospective players are eager for the game to begin, and I sense a bitter tone among them towards myself, and the system by association, for tarrying as we do. Even before the Downtime, these same problems existed; some of the Judges were not active enough to give timely approval, and the Head Judge was always especially so. Were the above list of Greivances all that I had to post, I would not go on, but I have a solution. First of all, the CoT Judges each need examination; if they wait or require too much pestering before even looking at an RPG, their position as a judge will be suspect. The role of CoT RPG Head should not be given to a Forum Leader, but be its own office, since this role is responsibility enough. My greivances and my suggestion are all I have to say.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

I had a conversation with one of the judges and an old-time BZP friend a week or so back. It seems the primary reason Than has to be involved in the process is because, erm, only Forum Leaders can give the go-ahead for "Approved only" topics to be posted. When it comes to the Judging system itself, I'm not really going to complain there. They've done a good thing by cutting back on numbers, and if you can get all five people to give it the seal of approval within a week then that's generally a good thing. It's not the fastest, but it's better than the original format as well as the initial amendments that brought in judges. Personally, the only solution I could think of is to appeal to B6 for CoT RPGs to not need Forum Leader approval, as it's pretty redundant and regrettably slows down the process considerably when given the busy lives of Forum Leaders/Moderators, both on and off BZP. If you've got all five judges, surely you shouldn't need to waste the already-busy FL's time looking over something that's generally considered taken care of. If the Forum Leader didn't need to approve RPGs, it'd be a win for them, the RPG GM(s), andddd the eager participants of the to-be RPG. EDIT:Besides, we need more RPGs up. We've got what, three right now? The faster the approval process can go and the less people it harries, the better ^_^

Edited by Gladiator Vak

We have had a few kinks in the process of approval, but as Vak said we work a lot better than times past. The entire site has run through a lot of bumps in the road getting back up. We are working on a solution to the approval process just give us some time. Pestering gets you no where fast. We all stay in contact to let each other know when a RPG is ready for approval.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

• 2 months later...

Are the rules still in place to where, upon receiving all five approvals, the host is required to PM Than, or will the RPG Judge who gives the final approval PM Than?

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

• 3 months later...

My RPG(titled Pantheon) has been sitting, completed, in the request topic for several weeks. Only one judge raised any issues, which were then fixed. However, said judge has not replied to the changes or my PMs. One of the other judges has not reviewed it at all.I'd like to know if there's anything further I can do to speed the process along. Thank you for your time. :)

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to ask what's keeping Pantheon up for so long; the needed changes were made on the 23rd of April, and it's the 4th of June. That's exactly seven weeks of nothing. I get that life murders people, but seriously, seven weeks? If Wrack is inactive, could someone catch her on IM? I was rather looking forward to playing Pantheon.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

For the time being, we will supersede Wrack's approval and move RPGs onto the final stage with the current staffing. I am trying to touch base with her and hope to hear back, but it does not look to be anytime soon.

bzprovince_zps0d5d507a.png

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!

• 2 weeks later...

Question; in Strith, my co-host, Kothra, has lost interest. Would it be ok if I were to appoint a new co-host, and Kothra could leave?

voidstars.png

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...