Vaan

Kakaru

<3more <3'sI love this MOC so much dude you don't even knowMeaningless adoration aside, this really is great. The shaping all over is gorgeous, and I love how you managed to make something that looks straight out of an anime from Bionicle pieces. (THOSE PIGTAILS ARE INCREDIBLE :U)There are a few small problems I have with it. One would be the half-bushings on the boots. I can see why they're necessary, but they really stick out and just look strange. There's also a bit of a gap in the back where the Barraki armor doesn't quite flesh out the space created by the Bohrok shields. Lastly, the gaps in the front of the skirt let you see all the way through the MOC from certain angles; I'd suggest filling those in just a bit.But for the most part, this MOC is great quality. The color mix you have is very different, but works well. The trans-red accents are a nice touch. Very well done!(<3)

Great work on with this, Kakaru.The milky-trans skirt is great, as is the weapon, torso and hair. The lower arm and hand are genius. However, there are a few problems I have with it. First, the trans-red bits. They stick out oddly and don't match with the color scheme, so I would suggest changing them to black where it's possible. Next, the knee area. The knees themselves are a little bare, and the way the top of the boot separates from the rest of the leg doesn't help. I would suggest angling it back farther to touch the knee.Overall, amazing work.

:oI think this is outstanding. The use of more than 2 colors has been pulled off successfully in Vaan. The boots are simply amazing, and the ankle guards really pop out (in a good way). The Gadunka head skirt is cool too, but it looks like it prohibits movement.The torso and head are the best part. The torso is so smooth and solid, and the head has those "pigtails" on the head are amazing.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Now that is one awesome MOC. Those Gadunka heads just look so good there and the general shape and head are great. I also really like the weapon. The boots are very nice, maybe a bit too big. That Hero Factory armour piece on the hand just looks very good. 9.5/10

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

This reminds me of the Robots movie. Brilliant boots and skirt. If I had to pick one thing to chance, it would be to make the head a bit less blunt. The black dish stands out in its simplicity and flatness a bit too much. Fantastic character and perfect proportions otherwise, though.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Look closely, everyone. You can see the mocist here in his natural habitat, defending himself against wild criticisms by using justification and contrived reasoning! He'll have to fight hard to leave this fight with his ego intact!

<3more <3'sI love this MOC so much dude you don't even knowMeaningless adoration aside, this really is great. The shaping all over is gorgeous, and I love how you managed to make something that looks straight out of an anime from Bionicle pieces. (THOSE PIGTAILS ARE INCREDIBLE :U)

Thank you! I'm glad the imagery works well. :3

There are a few small problems I have with it. One would be the half-bushings on the boots. I can see why they're necessary, but they really stick out and just look strange.

I knew this would come back to haunt me. I had put them there originally to make the boots look more mechanical to distinguish from the organic parts (as well as to holds the ankle guards on). In hindsight it does look pretty jarring, and I've since replaced them with yellow half-bushings. Unfortunately there's no way to exclude them or I definitely would.

There's also a bit of a gap in the back where the Barraki armor doesn't quite flesh out the space created by the Bohrok shields.

Oh gads. This was the angle the picture was taken at, I swear. I'm looking at it right now and only from that angle in particular is it even remotely noticeable.

Lastly, the gaps in the front of the skirt let you see all the way through the MOC from certain angles; I'd suggest filling those in just a bit.

Another one of those things I knew would bite me later. the easiest way to fill in those gaps is with Bohrok eyes (as per the original intent) but I didn't have the space to attach them properly. I suppose I could have given the dilemma more thought. Oh well.

But for the most part, this MOC is great quality. The color mix you have is very different, but works well. The trans-red accents are a nice touch. Very well done!(<3)

The red accents were put in quite intentionally to create a distinctly colorful and playful attitude in contrast to the black and silver of the rest of the model. I really felt like blue and yellow didn't convey that feeling well enough.Thanks!

Great work on with this, Kakaru.The milky-trans skirt is great, as is the weapon, torso and hair. The lower arm and hand are genius. However, there are a few problems I have with it. First, the trans-red bits. They stick out oddly and don't match with the color scheme, so I would suggest changing them to black where it's possible.

First off, thank you for the reply and criticisms! As stated above, however, the red is an essential part of the colour scheme without which the rest of the model seems a little too bare. Not to mention black is her skin colour, so that would really throw the clarity of the colour scheme off. (I did try it, and those are my feelings on the matter. :/ )

The knees themselves are a little bare, and the way the top of the boot separates from the rest of the leg doesn't help. I would suggest angling it back farther to touch the knee.

._.I'm not quite sure what you mean about the knees being bare. The limbs were intentionally left minimal and smooth to create an organic feel to contrast the bulky mechanics of the silver.The boot problem was simply overexaggerating for effect, though I confess a habit of mine when drawing is to add knee-guards attached to the upper edge of boots, which protrudes a bit anyways. That was really what I intended here.

:oI think this is outstanding. The use of more than 2 colors has been pulled off successfully in Vaan. The boots are simply amazing, and the ankle guards really pop out (in a good way). The Gadunka head skirt is cool too, but it looks like it prohibits movement.

Thanks! The ankle guards were an afterthought that actually ended up defining the entire colour scheme. I'm happy to hear both work well!As for the skirt, you are partially correct. She can't sit or do the splits, but that's about it. The lowest point of the skirt is only three studs from the point where the legs attach, so it allows enough free movement to stand and move her feet around.

The torso and head are the best part. The torso is so smooth and solid, and the head has those "pigtails" on the head are amazing.

Pigtails were another one of those things that just occurred to me when I found the piece lying around. (Making hair out of Bionicle parts? Horror of horrors, my great weakness. o____o)Thanks mate!

Now that is one awesome MOC. Those Gadunka heads just look so good there and the general shape and head are great. I also really like the weapon. The boots are very nice, maybe a bit too big. That Hero Factory armour piece on the hand just looks very good.

I couldn't create the boots smaller than they are without losing a lot of the smooth feeling to it. They were intentionally created far over-proportioned and were the basis of the entire creation. (Someday I'll post my criteria for creations like this and it'll make way more sense.) Thanks!

9.5/10

what are these numbers I am not good with computer

This reminds me of the Robots movie.

I didn't make that connection until you said it. Now I can't unsee it. XD

Brilliant boots and skirt. If I had to pick one thing to chance, it would be to make the head a bit less blunt. The black dish stands out in its simplicity and flatness a bit too much. Fantastic character and perfect proportions otherwise, though.

I agree! Absolutely! The head was the one thing I couldn't even sell myself on. :v I was trying to create a blank face (again about my criteria, which I'll probably post on my blog someday.) but none of the kanohi I tried were working. I finally just gave up and put a disk on since it was closer than any mask, but I couldn't quite bring myself to accept it. I may try again in the future.Edit: Oh no the formatting and colours and font are all off what do I dooooo Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic