• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Flame Beast

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Great Mask Of Armor

Great Mask Of Armor
  • Members
  • Toa

• 117 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 11:21 AM

Yet another MOC from the downtime. The first version was a quickie, and I set it aside for a bit as I worked on the Tokotoru. Around the time I built Tatoru, I went back and put a little more thought into its construction, beefing it up to try and match the size of its claws. For some odd reason, I see both versions as separate MOCs, so I'm posting both. Enjoy as usual :hau:.The first version: Pose 1Pose 2FrontSideBackThe second version:Pose that kinda says "Come at me, bro"Striking pose close-upStriking pose fullChargingFrontSideBack
Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House
Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.
Current MOCs:
ROTF Ravage.
Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.
This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

#2 Offline Ehlekdude

Ehlekdude
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 761 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 12:39 PM

I like both versions, but I prefer the second one. It seems bulkier and tougher, like a fiery beast should be. The colours are great in both, I have never seen the idea to use fists to attaach legs before. 8.5/10

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

#3 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,271 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 04:54 PM

Version 1 is kind of meh, just because it's so simple. Version 2, however, is very nice. I love the character. The waist is very nice and works well with that type of leg connection. The keetorange feet on the legs stick out alot, but you do need something there to bulk them up. Are there any other options? I can't decide whether I like or hate the silver bits. They look cool, and aren't used too much, but they also break up a promising orange-and-red color scheme. Either way, this is a very cool MOC.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#4 Offline Great Mask Of Armor

Great Mask Of Armor
  • Members
  • Toa

• 117 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 09:37 PM

I like both versions, but I prefer the second one. It seems bulkier and tougher, like a fiery beast should be. The colours are great in both, I have never seen the idea to use fists to attaach legs before. 8.5/10

I would have used normal hand/ankle/neck pieces, but they didn't fill out the area as well. The Glatorian fists worked perfectly there.

Version 1 is kind of meh, just because it's so simple. Version 2, however, is very nice. I love the character. The waist is very nice and works well with that type of leg connection. The keetorange feet on the legs stick out alot, but you do need something there to bulk them up. Are there any other options? I can't decide whether I like or hate the silver bits. They look cool, and aren't used too much, but they also break up a promising orange-and-red color scheme. Either way, this is a very cool MOC.

Coincidentally, I was considering revamping it yet again because I was also concerned about the spindly legs compared to the bulky top half, along with the color distribution and such. Granted, most of my parts were being taken up by this little project, which has been long since been dismantled. Even between the two MOCs I've currently got built, I shouldn't have any problems addressing this.

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House
Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.
Current MOCs:
ROTF Ravage.
Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.
This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

#5 Offline Lewa97

Lewa97
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 27 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 11:01 PM

Cool idea with Malum's claws. The second version is pretty awesome, though. And the "come at me, bro" pic is quite hilarious.

ACTIVATE AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!

#6 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 944 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2012 - 09:07 AM

I think the (oh, what would you call it?) lower legs of the second looked a bit too thin. Otherwise, both look great!

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

#7 Offline toatitan

toatitan
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 55 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2012 - 09:20 AM

The lower legs of #2 really give it a bestial appearance. It works rather well.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users