• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

City In The Sky

International ComicContinuity City in the Sky ICCVerse Meta-Nui Ayel Hyland Plot Based

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ayel Hyland

Ayel Hyland
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 771 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 03:27 PM

Posted ImageWell, there's not really much for me to say about this at the moment. See, it's been awhile since I've had this up, and I doubt to many of you remember BladeTitan974's comic series, because this series takes place on the island where his took place. But, I'll do my best so that the events of this series can stand on its own.Comics:Comic 1: The PreludeComic 2: The Toa MetaComic 3: The DarkstormersComic 4: Unwelcome SurpriseComic 5: The Conflict BeginsComic 6: ClashComic 7: Dark Matter CoreComic 8: The WakeDo note that some of these comics are almost three years old, and that the direction I'm taking the series has somewhat changed since it was first conceived. Also, I'm using sprites, so I'm sure I've already lost respect with the "HAND-DRAWN ONLY SERIOUS BUSINESS" crowd.Credits:XanisKit for the Xanis KitDark709 for a few minor thingsBladeTitan974 for the backgrounds, some sprites, and many other story ideasThe rest of the ICC for support and some story ideasMyself for the crude drawings in Comics 4 and 5, the Dark Matter Core in Comic 7, and some sprites.And that's about it for now. Comments, criticism, and the like would be much appreciated.

Edited by Ayel Hyland, May 08 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#2 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 398 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hmm... I believe one of the darkened characters' arms are missing in panels 2 to 7, in comic 3.

Edited by Leraku, Apr 07 2012 - 04:11 PM.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

#3 Offline Ayel Hyland

Ayel Hyland
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 771 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hmm... I believe one of the darkened characters' arms are missing in panels 2 to 7, in comic 3.

He's meant to have his hands behind his head, like some people do when they relax. You're right, though. It does look like he has no arms.

#4 Offline Superkid11

Superkid11
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,988 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2012 - 11:57 PM

Man, the new Toa sure have it rough. So shortly after they become toa, queen gets assasinated. :PLooking forward to seeing where this goes, glad to finally get back here and see this. Kutgw

#5 Offline Nathan Evo

Nathan Evo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted May 08 2012 - 03:43 PM

I've been doing my best in keeping up with this series. I'm still struggling a bit, but I felt Ishould at least post in this topic.This series really deserves more attention. It's an interesting backstory to the island used by Bladeran and Gavla, and it gives it a good deal of storyline significance. I really look forward to seeing where this goes.
"I'm on Toxic Reapa's home planet, and I've found a cocoon full of what I assume are younger versions of Toxic Reapa's deadly species.
My instincts say I should trash it!"

#6 Offline Ayel Hyland

Ayel Hyland
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 771 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2012 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for the feedback, everybody!New Comic time! Sorry it took so long to make this one. It's a little on the bland side since not much action-wise happens, but it continues the story and that's what's important. You'll get plenty of action after next comic. (And hopefully, that shouldn't take forever to make.)

#7 Offline Nathan Evo

Nathan Evo
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2012 - 06:18 PM

Ooh, plot twist!Also, I see you used a rendition of the background I used for TMUCW, though recolored brown. I like that.All in all, good comic. Looking forward to seeing where the action comes in. I'm sorry I don't have much to say beyond the generic message "lol kutgw 1000000/10", but I'm really trying. Posting responses has been pretty hard for me lately.EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention from my last post is how I like that in this series, most of the main characters are Toa. Honestly I haven't seen a lot of series that do that (though admittingly it's not like I've been trying). Nonetheless, it's still quite refreshing from all the "X's Comics 1.0" archetype that has dominated the Comics forum since the dawn of time.

Edited by Gerlicky, Jul 31 2012 - 06:23 PM.

"I'm on Toxic Reapa's home planet, and I've found a cocoon full of what I assume are younger versions of Toxic Reapa's deadly species.
My instincts say I should trash it!"

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users