• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Strangest Reason To Buy A Bionicle Set

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Online Great Mask Of ????

Great Mask Of ????
  • Members
  • Toa

• 118 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2012 - 11:24 PM

What's the strangest/most memorable reason you've ever gotten a Bionicle set? Did you buy it for a single piece? Was it the only thing in the entire Lego aisle? Some other crazy thing?Example story: Last April, I bought Lesovikk for the sole purpose to have a twin for my inexplicably single Nuparu claw. A less strange reason could be because I thought I'd be getting two black Jaller Mahri swords, but I would just be lying to myself if I said that. I always found asymmetry disturbing (the Piraka were the epitome of this), so I couldn't put up with having only one claw.A slightly more reasonable story is that in early-to-mid 2008, I had Toa Ignika in my hand, ready to buy it, but I put it back and went with Pohatu Phantoka and Hewkii Mahri. And for some reason, I regretted nothing.So yeah, kinda like that. Hope you enjoyed that and are able to add to the lulz. :hau:
Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House
Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.
Current MOCs:
ROTF Ravage.
Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.
This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

#2 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,897 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 12:26 AM

Ignika one was strange, I would have preferred him. (Ah, the feeling of a Bionicle, even a simple one, in my hands...I can only feel that when I touch my shiny new Vorahk, the last Bionicle I have that isn't broken, because I got my others long ago at age 7.) My strange reason has not been used yet, but perhaps can be used if no one buys it first for a week: I have to make it look like I'm buying a Guurahk or Panrahk for my little brother's birthday rather than for myself, or my mom will RAGE.

#3 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,210 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 01:56 AM

well the strangest reason i bought a bionicle piece was to get that shield piece on onua. I needed a specific amount so i bought several onua mistika sets. it was not until i bought them and opened them that i realized it would have been faster and cheaper to buy the bitil set that had 2 instead of one. so yeah that is the strangest reason i bought a set.

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Home Grown Alaskan Sprites. Your one-stop shop for the most organic sprites

#4 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,225 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 03:01 PM

I bought the stars line solely for the golden armour. All 6 sets, for 6 pieces.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz, Apr 08 2012 - 03:02 PM.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#5 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,008 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 03:24 PM

Once, back when I was a lot younger, I tried to convince my Mom to buy me a Bohrok set because 'building Lego sets helped people to become smarter.' (I don't remember if I said that exactly, but it went something to that extent.) She ended up buying the set for me, so I guess it worked. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#6 Offline Rarity

Rarity
  • Banned Members
  • Language of the Past

• 8,133 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 03:28 PM

The strangest reason of all.I wanted to build and play with it.

#7 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Axiomatic

• 4,144 posts

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 05:47 PM

I bought the 2008 Toa Takanuva out of boredom. Not a bad decision though.-Ced

#8 Offline Parazan

Parazan
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 339 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 06:16 PM

well the strangest reason i bought a bionicle piece was to get that shield piece on onua. I needed a specific amount so i bought several onua mistika sets. it was not until i bought them and opened them that i realized it would have been faster and cheaper to buy the bitil set that had 2 instead of one. so yeah that is the strangest reason i bought a set.

A similar thing happened to me back in Ukraine in Summer 2008; The store that I bought BIONICLE's from was all out of Bitil and Gali, and a MOC that I was making required the shield piece (about two to be exact), so I bought two Onua's,and a week later,the Mistika section was packed full of Bitil. I knew what a waste of money it was that I bought two Onuas for the shield piece when I could've just bought Bitil and saved quite a lot of money.

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

#9 Offline T3CHn0-LAz0oRZ

T3CHn0-LAz0oRZ
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 47 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 06:28 PM

I bought the stars line solely for the golden armour. All 6 sets, for 6 pieces.

me too LOLi could've bought an atlantis set, but NOOO! i had to buy the 5 remaining stars

so...this is...my sig...
i'll put some stuff here soon...
don't really know why i'm typing this...
i'm so pathetic...
it's bulk 3.0 time!
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/HFChibis/bulk3.0.swf
props to Xidash for the sig, got it from the epig sigpet shop!

#10 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Tracer

• 13,118 posts

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 06:29 PM

Haven't gotten any stranger than "I want to complete that set of 6" or "hey that's a good price." Mr. Boring right here.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#11 Offline Giga Metroid99

Giga Metroid99
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 327 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 07:01 PM

Well, the reason I bought it wasn't that strange, but the circumstances were, somewhat. It was 2003 and I wanted to get Takanuva. So I put aside the money I had and had my dad take me to Toys R Us. When we got there, they were all sold out of Takanuva. So I was digging through the shelf to see if there was one somewhere at the back. I didn't find any, but I did randomly find a slightly banged up Nui-Rama set. I didn't have any of the Rahi sets, and I knew that it was doubtful I would find any ever again outside of a yard sale or somewhere online, so I got that since I had the chance. I still have no idea why it was there in late 2003 in the first place. I can only guess it got lost somewhere in the storage room and they had just found it.

#12 Offline Voxumo

Voxumo
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,210 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 07:54 PM

A similar thing happened to me back in Ukraine in Summer 2008; The store that I bought BIONICLE's from was all out of Bitil and Gali, and a MOC that I was making required the shield piece (about two to be exact), so I bought two Onua's,and a week later,the Mistika section was packed full of Bitil. I knew what a waste of money it was that I bought two Onuas for the shield piece when I could've just bought Bitil and saved quite a lot of money.

glad someone else has had this happen. i also bought the stars for the armor but i did not buy the gresh set instead i bought 2 rahkshi and every other stars set.

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Home Grown Alaskan Sprites. Your one-stop shop for the most organic sprites

#13 Offline Jowm

Jowm
  • Members
  • Toa

• 102 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 08:26 PM

Well, the reason I bought it wasn't that strange, but the circumstances were, somewhat. It was 2003 and I wanted to get Takanuva. So I put aside the money I had and had my dad take me to Toys R Us. When we got there, they were all sold out of Takanuva. So I was digging through the shelf to see if there was one somewhere at the back. I didn't find any, but I did randomly find a slightly banged up Nui-Rama set. I didn't have any of the Rahi sets, and I knew that it was doubtful I would find any ever again outside of a yard sale or somewhere online, so I got that since I had the chance. I still have no idea why it was there in late 2003 in the first place. I can only guess it got lost somewhere in the storage room and they had just found it.

Yeah TRU carries stuff for a long time, in 2008 I found some Mahri sets there. I don't think I have ever bought a set for any notably strange reasons, unless you count the time when I went to the store set on buying Mata Nui in 2010. I saw some of the other sets there, some of which were substantially better looking, but I didn't care, this was MATA NUI! I could actually own Mata Nui, and I wasn't gonna pass up the chance, I wasn't getting anything rather than getting him, it was Mata Nui, and I was determined to get him no matter how much cooler the other sets were.

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

Hey everybody! I'm working on getting a Bionicle podcast set up, it's almost ready to go, and I have one or two regular positions open for anyone with Bionicle knowledge who would like to join! Or if you would perfer not to be a regular, you can guest star as well. We will also be reading and critiquing short stories and possibly epics on the podcast, so if you'd like yours read let me know and I'll look it over and we may review it! For details and any questions you may have, just send me a PM.

To all image makers! I am in need of a logo for a podcast that I am going to get up and running pretty soon, and one of the final things I need is a logo for the podcast! If anyone would be interested in making me a good quality image, just message me, I would greatly appreciate it!

#14 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,956 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2012 - 10:40 PM

I never really bought a set because of a strange reason.I mainly got my sets because I wanted all 6 members of the team or the set looked cool.

webmaster.png

#15 Offline The Dandy Automaton

The Dandy Automaton
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • FFM Bionicle Winner

• 8,008 posts

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 06:22 AM

I bought a lot of sets because I only wanted the Onua claws. I would have got them anyway, though. But that claw piece was a plus, seeing how much I loved it, back then.

shadowofthisredrock.png

Chapter four - Desire

Coming soon!

Short Stories: The Commute ~ Rasinov ~ In Your Absence ~ Hunter's Game ~ Suchia (Coming soon)

Epics: The Best Kept Secrets (Chapter 27: The Shadow Walker coming soon) ~ The Shadow of this Red Rock

#16 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,537 posts

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 08:29 PM

I wanted one.In truth, I did get Toa Ignika for the Ignika.At this point I think I've lost the Ignika.

#17 Offline Peach 00

Peach 00
  • Banned Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 09:23 PM

I didn't really have a strange reason. I got them for play value, poseability, and I suppose collectability, nothing else.
On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground
Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

#18 Offline T.B.O.C

T.B.O.C
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,350 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 09:39 PM

I just tried buying all of them to complete the set of 6 or it was just too good to pass up. Though in 2003, I bought several Gahlok-Kal (yes, several) to try and repair my Gahlok. To this day, I still do not know why I did so, but all I know is that i have no trace of ever owning any of those Gahok-Kal other than the memories of buying them, and some chewed up Krana-Kal.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
Hey look, a Brickshelf Happened: My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Multiple Victini + Mew + Arceus for trade! PM me if interested

(Looking for Genesect, Shiny Darkrai, and most Shiny legendaries!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

#19 Offline Takanuinuva

Takanuinuva
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 587 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 11:45 PM

I bought an onua mistika set cause I needed one extra red mistika jet piece for a moc.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickstein 11.gif

Even when things look there worst. And the shadow of evil is upon us. Remember that as long as we hope for the best. Light will appear and overcome the darkness.

Please check out my projects on Lego Ideas.9.gif
https://ideas.lego.c...kstein/projects

I'm looking for an Inkay or Malamar with its event move Happy Hour. Pm if you have one I can borrow to breed and pass the move down so I can have an Inkay with the move for myself.

#20 Offline toatitan

toatitan
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 55 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 09:33 PM

Once, my cousin and I went to the store the day after christmas, and there were only two sets left on the shelf: Toa Iruini and Onewa Hordika. I ended up with Iruini and my cousin got Onewa. As fate would have it, several weeks later I received Toa Iruini & Toa Norik as a gift, and was left with two Iruinis and no Onewa Hordika!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#21 Offline Dwanny

Dwanny
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 215 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2012 - 02:59 AM

I bought the inika because i didn't like them. Why? So i could take them apart and make them better.

Yeah I'm kinda

Not here

At all

http://chauvinistcab...deviantart.com/

I'm there though

Kinda

#22 Offline Kopaka25

Kopaka25
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 61 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 11:20 AM

Titan Mata Nui was quite a large price to pay just for the golden Ignika.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu 

#23 Offline son of the shadows

son of the shadows
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 639 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 15 2012 - 12:14 AM

The value i guess cause 2 years later after deciding not to get the Stars sets cause they look disgracing, I just need Tahu to finish the Stars line of Bionicle. O_o

#24 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,975 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 15 2012 - 09:18 AM

We bought two squid packs in 2008 or 2009 because they were on sale, even though we never had a squid launcher. :wacko:-Gata Posted Image
Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#25 Offline BZCoolness

BZCoolness
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,071 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2012 - 10:49 PM

I bought a disc pack because I wanted the collectible disk launcher, a Rhotuka Spinner pack because I wanted to see the colors, a few Kraata packs because they were on sale, and several sets (most of which were given away) for a Christmas tree my family and I wanted to create incorporating BIONICLE sets. It didn't fly, and a couple of the larger sets were given to my friends as birthday presents. Eventually, it came down to about three Kopaka Nuvas and two Pohatu Nuvas, along with a Rahkshi and the 'Ultimate BIONICLE Guide' released in '03, all of which I took and threw in with the rest of my sets (by "threw" I mean I built them and gingerly placed them in my bins, where they still sit). I also bought Piruk because I wanted the Onua claws in silver, Mutran and Vican because it was New Year's Eve and it was sitting in a Wal-Mart cart filled with a bunch of toys (you know, the ones that they put out after the holidays to clear a bunch of toys off their shelves), Gelu and Tahu Stars because I wanted to buy a Lego set or two while in Disneyland, and I bought Kiina because Greg was at a Wal-Mart event and I wanted him to sign something other than a poster (I got his signature on a canister, which I have kept in near-mint condition ever since. Maybe I should put it in a glass case or frame it :P).

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

#26 Online Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,274 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 07:21 AM

Well, I bought another Axelara on Ebay just so I could have enough of the red panels to make a lightsaber.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#27 Offline Ids5621

Ids5621
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 809 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 03:39 PM

i pretty much bought rockoh for the orange torso and visor, but it was it an awesome set as a whole!

Edited by Ids5621, Apr 19 2012 - 03:39 PM.

Posted Image

The Misadventures of Onipex and Pals! Go watch it now! :biggrin:

#28 Offline WORT WORT WORT

WORT WORT WORT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 720 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2012 - 03:49 PM

TO TEAR OFF THAT LID AND DUMP THOSE CONTENTS INTO YOUR LEGO AND LAUGHpoor bionicleguys

. .

<--- kfghdjkfhdgmn;

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users