Strangest Reason To Buy A Bionicle Set

What's the strangest/most memorable reason you've ever gotten a Bionicle set? Did you buy it for a single piece? Was it the only thing in the entire Lego aisle? Some other crazy thing?Example story: Last April, I bought Lesovikk for the sole purpose to have a twin for my inexplicably single Nuparu claw. A less strange reason could be because I thought I'd be getting two black Jaller Mahri swords, but I would just be lying to myself if I said that. I always found asymmetry disturbing (the Piraka were the epitome of this), so I couldn't put up with having only one claw.A slightly more reasonable story is that in early-to-mid 2008, I had Toa Ignika in my hand, ready to buy it, but I put it back and went with Pohatu Phantoka and Hewkii Mahri. And for some reason, I regretted nothing.So yeah, kinda like that. Hope you enjoyed that and are able to add to the lulz. :hau:

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

Ignika one was strange, I would have preferred him. (Ah, the feeling of a Bionicle, even a simple one, in my hands...I can only feel that when I touch my shiny new Vorahk, the last Bionicle I have that isn't broken, because I got my others long ago at age 7.) My strange reason has not been used yet, but perhaps can be used if no one buys it first for a week: I have to make it look like I'm buying a Guurahk or Panrahk for my little brother's birthday rather than for myself, or my mom will RAGE.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

well the strangest reason i bought a bionicle piece was to get that shield piece on onua. I needed a specific amount so i bought several onua mistika sets. it was not until i bought them and opened them that i realized it would have been faster and cheaper to buy the bitil set that had 2 instead of one. so yeah that is the strangest reason i bought a set.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I bought the stars line solely for the golden armour. All 6 sets, for 6 pieces.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Once, back when I was a lot younger, I tried to convince my Mom to buy me a Bohrok set because 'building Lego sets helped people to become smarter.' (I don't remember if I said that exactly, but it went something to that extent.) She ended up buying the set for me, so I guess it worked. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

well the strangest reason i bought a bionicle piece was to get that shield piece on onua. I needed a specific amount so i bought several onua mistika sets. it was not until i bought them and opened them that i realized it would have been faster and cheaper to buy the bitil set that had 2 instead of one. so yeah that is the strangest reason i bought a set.

A similar thing happened to me back in Ukraine in Summer 2008; The store that I bought BIONICLE's from was all out of Bitil and Gali, and a MOC that I was making required the shield piece (about two to be exact), so I bought two Onua's,and a week later,the Mistika section was packed full of Bitil. I knew what a waste of money it was that I bought two Onuas for the shield piece when I could've just bought Bitil and saved quite a lot of money.

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

I bought the stars line solely for the golden armour. All 6 sets, for 6 pieces.

me too LOLi could've bought an atlantis set, but NOOO! i had to buy the 5 remaining stars

so...this is...my sig...

i'll put some stuff here soon...

don't really know why i'm typing this...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/HFChibis/bulk3.0.swf

props to Xidash for the sig, got it from the epig sigpet shop!

Well, the reason I bought it wasn't that strange, but the circumstances were, somewhat. It was 2003 and I wanted to get Takanuva. So I put aside the money I had and had my dad take me to Toys R Us. When we got there, they were all sold out of Takanuva. So I was digging through the shelf to see if there was one somewhere at the back. I didn't find any, but I did randomly find a slightly banged up Nui-Rama set. I didn't have any of the Rahi sets, and I knew that it was doubtful I would find any ever again outside of a yard sale or somewhere online, so I got that since I had the chance. I still have no idea why it was there in late 2003 in the first place. I can only guess it got lost somewhere in the storage room and they had just found it.

A similar thing happened to me back in Ukraine in Summer 2008; The store that I bought BIONICLE's from was all out of Bitil and Gali, and a MOC that I was making required the shield piece (about two to be exact), so I bought two Onua's,and a week later,the Mistika section was packed full of Bitil. I knew what a waste of money it was that I bought two Onuas for the shield piece when I could've just bought Bitil and saved quite a lot of money.
glad someone else has had this happen. i also bought the stars for the armor but i did not buy the gresh set instead i bought 2 rahkshi and every other stars set.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well, the reason I bought it wasn't that strange, but the circumstances were, somewhat. It was 2003 and I wanted to get Takanuva. So I put aside the money I had and had my dad take me to Toys R Us. When we got there, they were all sold out of Takanuva. So I was digging through the shelf to see if there was one somewhere at the back. I didn't find any, but I did randomly find a slightly banged up Nui-Rama set. I didn't have any of the Rahi sets, and I knew that it was doubtful I would find any ever again outside of a yard sale or somewhere online, so I got that since I had the chance. I still have no idea why it was there in late 2003 in the first place. I can only guess it got lost somewhere in the storage room and they had just found it.

Yeah TRU carries stuff for a long time, in 2008 I found some Mahri sets there. I don't think I have ever bought a set for any notably strange reasons, unless you count the time when I went to the store set on buying Mata Nui in 2010. I saw some of the other sets there, some of which were substantially better looking, but I didn't care, this was MATA NUI! I could actually own Mata Nui, and I wasn't gonna pass up the chance, I wasn't getting anything rather than getting him, it was Mata Nui, and I was determined to get him no matter how much cooler the other sets were.

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

I didn't really have a strange reason. I got them for play value, poseability, and I suppose collectability, nothing else.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I just tried buying all of them to complete the set of 6 or it was just too good to pass up. Though in 2003, I bought several Gahlok-Kal (yes, several) to try and repair my Gahlok. To this day, I still do not know why I did so, but all I know is that i have no trace of ever owning any of those Gahok-Kal other than the memories of buying them, and some chewed up Krana-Kal.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Once, my cousin and I went to the store the day after christmas, and there were only two sets left on the shelf: Toa Iruini and Onewa Hordika. I ended up with Iruini and my cousin got Onewa. As fate would have it, several weeks later I received Toa Iruini & Toa Norik as a gift, and was left with two Iruinis and no Onewa Hordika!

kadin.png kadin.png kadin.png

I bought a disc pack because I wanted the collectible disk launcher, a Rhotuka Spinner pack because I wanted to see the colors, a few Kraata packs because they were on sale, and several sets (most of which were given away) for a Christmas tree my family and I wanted to create incorporating BIONICLE sets. It didn't fly, and a couple of the larger sets were given to my friends as birthday presents. Eventually, it came down to about three Kopaka Nuvas and two Pohatu Nuvas, along with a Rahkshi and the 'Ultimate BIONICLE Guide' released in '03, all of which I took and threw in with the rest of my sets (by "threw" I mean I built them and gingerly placed them in my bins, where they still sit). I also bought Piruk because I wanted the Onua claws in silver, Mutran and Vican because it was New Year's Eve and it was sitting in a Wal-Mart cart filled with a bunch of toys (you know, the ones that they put out after the holidays to clear a bunch of toys off their shelves), Gelu and Tahu Stars because I wanted to buy a Lego set or two while in Disneyland, and I bought Kiina because Greg was at a Wal-Mart event and I wanted him to sign something other than a poster (I got his signature on a canister, which I have kept in near-mint condition ever since. Maybe I should put it in a glass case or frame it :P).

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*