Set Review: 4597 Captain America

4597_cap_teaser.jpg

Today we have quite a treat for you guys. Due to what we're pretty sure is an error on the part of Toys 'R' Us, our very own Blog Leader DeeVee was able to obtain the Marvel Avengers constraction sets recently. That means some early reviews for you guys! We're kicking things off today with Captain America. Read on to see if this defender of freedom should be part of your collection!

View the full article

Wow, I didn't think things like that happened. Toys R Us is probably going to hear it from Lego. Good review though. I will have to check my local Toys R Us for these sets, Though I dont like this one.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Wow, I didn't think things like that happened. Toys R Us is probably going to hear it from Lego. Good review though. I will have to check my local Toys R Us for these sets.

I´m pretty sure they´re beginning to sell now anyway.TOO. MANY. CAPITAL. LETTERS. Apart from that, nice review, with a pointless 15 next to an image and all, so everything you need included. :P The armor design is highly interesting. I look forward to Iron Man pictures and to your rant about Hulk. :P-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

That was a DISTINCTIVELY INTERSTING set review. :P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

The unnecssary caps make it almost unreadable...

It's a reference to the popular webcomic Homestuck, wherein EVERY OTHER WORD is seemingly CAPITALIZED for IMPORTANCE, sort of LIKE THIS.(I don't understand it either. :wacko:)Either way, I laughed heartily at this review, mostly because I read it in the voice of the Hulk. I still don't think the set looks too great, but this review has made my opinion of the set slightly better than it was. I suppose I shall have to wait until (or see if) I buy the set to finalize my opinions. Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Honestly, I stopped reading after the first caps word. There's a difference between being quirky and humorous and just being unreadable, and this was the latter.Regardless, it does look like a fantastic set, and I think I'll add it to my collection at some point. My one gripe with the Marvel line is that they didn't include a villain (I get that it needs to tie in with The Avengers movie, but still). Regardless, Cap is rapidly becoming my favorite of the line, so I'll have to snag him in a few months when they show up on shelves.

Anything Stay Lee says should be limited to a short paragraph. The same applied for parodies of Stan the Man.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

The unnecssary caps make it almost unreadable...

It's a reference to the popular webcomic Homestuck, wherein EVERY OTHER WORD is seemingly CAPITALIZED for IMPORTANCE, sort of LIKE THIS.(I don't understand it either. :wacko:)Either way, I laughed heartily at this review, mostly because I read it in the voice of the Hulk. I still don't think the set looks too great, but this review has made my opinion of the set slightly better than it was. I suppose I shall have to wait until (or see if) I buy the set to finalize my opinions.
It's actually a reference to the way Stan Lee wrote comics and the way he answers fan letters in his fan column back in the day. No Homestuck references here.

There's a difference between being quirky and humorous and just being unreadable, and this was the latter.

Haters gonna hate.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

There's a difference between being quirky and humorous and just being unreadable, and this was the latter.

Haters gonna hate.
Or maybe you simply need to accept criticism. Personally I found it quite uncomfortable to read, too, and I skipped parts of it. Not saying that it wasn´t funny at all, I just found it a tad overdone and I can understand that Dorek found it annoying, although it could have been worded less snappy. At least you had the as usually great photos to compensate. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Haters gonna hate.
Or maybe you simply need to accept criticism. Personally I found it quite uncomfortable to read, too, and I skipped parts of it. Not saying that it wasn´t funny at all, I just found it a tad overdone and I can understand that Dorek found it annoying, although it could have been worded less snappy. At least you had the as usually great photos to compensate. :P-Gata signoff.jpg
Haters still gonna hate.

It's a nice set overall, but I really don't care for that head sculpt. The shape and lack of ears (yeah, I know it's Lego, but still) just don't look that good. I think Iron Man is the most appealing of all these Marvel sets, which easily trump the DC ones, I think.

plop

These sets look big, bulky and ridiculous. Why does Cap have metallic shoulders? It just makes no sense.

It was in the review, but here it is again: Hulk and Cap are wearing "Power Armour" given to them by Iron Man.

These sets look big, bulky and ridiculous. Why does Cap have metallic shoulders? It just makes no sense.

It was in the review, but here it is again: Hulk and Cap are wearing "Power Armour" given to them by Iron Man.
Also known as lame excuse of LEGO for not wanting to recolour some pieces and to make the sets more bulky and expensive. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Also known as lame excuse of LEGO for not wanting to recolour some pieces and to make the sets more bulky and expensive. :P-Gata signoff.jpg
Well, the higher price just comes from this being a licensed theme (and TRU markups). Those always tend to be a bit more expensive than normal sets. As for not wanting to recolor some pieces that really needed to be recolored... well, it's Lego. That's kinda their thing, it feels like at times.

plop

Well that and not recolouring the parts keeps the sets less expensive.

I didn't mind that nearly half of the words in this review were all capitalized. I didn't have a hard time reading it at all.Anyway, this set doesn't look like the best Lego set to me. The only thing I like about it is its shield.But still, thanks for reviewing it, DV!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

"When Captian America wields his might shield, all who oppose the shield, they must yield. Unless you're a plane, or a train, or some ice, then he'll take a nap 'cuz the ice looks nice, oh when Captian America yields his mighty shield!":PAnyway, pretty awesome review! Iron man is still the only one I'd consider buying, though.

pNNgXax.jpg

"When Captian America wields his might shield, all who oppose the shield, they must yield. Unless you're a plane, or a train, or some ice, then he'll take a nap 'cuz the ice looks nice, oh when Captian America yields his mighty shield!"

"Shh-shh... I hear something...""What?""It's the Justice League calling. Can't you hear it?""Uh... no.""Exactly.":DAnyways, I do have to say that the capitalization made the review difficult for me to read. I wouldn't have minded if it were in that first paragraph and the pros/cons, but I think it works better in the comics than on the forums. :P The greave pieces look pretty cool and I might consider getting the set if the price drops (in the next year or so :P).

I actually didn't bother reading the review either, just saying. ;)But forget about the words, the best part of Pat's reviews are always the pictures, and these were great as always. One think I personally would've like to have seen would be an assortment of all the parts, even if there isn't anything mentioned. I like knowing what kind of limb pieces are included in the set, and although I was kind of able to guess based on some of the back pictures, it still would've been nice to just see a layout of all the elements, even if they're not mentioned in the review text. I mostly bring this up because I think all three of these Build-A-Heroes are a little lame design-wise so I'm more interested in the parts, so I need to know what they all have to know which to get. ;)But, as I mentioned earlier, these are great pictures that do show off the set as a whole very well. Nice review, Pat!:music:

I actually didn't bother reading the review either, just saying. ;)But forget about the words, the best part of Pat's reviews are always the pictures, and these were great as always. One think I personally would've like to have seen would be an assortment of all the parts, even if there isn't anything mentioned. I like knowing what kind of limb pieces are included in the set, and although I was kind of able to guess based on some of the back pictures, it still would've been nice to just see a layout of all the elements, even if they're not mentioned in the review text. I mostly bring this up because I think all three of these Build-A-Heroes are a little lame design-wise so I'm more interested in the parts, so I need to know what they all have to know which to get. ;)But, as I mentioned earlier, these are great pictures that do show off the set as a whole very well. Nice review, Pat! :music:

You're probably not going to get any "complete photo of all parts included" from me anytime soon, to be honest. Taking and editing these photos is time-consuming as is, and I don't really want to add another "necessary" photo to my list. That adds anywhere from fifteen minutes to an extra hour depending on the number of parts, the differing colours, etc. I'm not saying never, because I still have to finish the Iron Man and Hulk photos, and I might throw some of those in there too. Just depends on how much time I feel I have.

Interesting take on a usually formulalic type of review. But to really imitate Stan The Man, it needed some more Added Alliterative Appeal. Bold or italics would've made a better read than caps; not sure if the way the news articles are written makes that possible, but I would assume it wouldn't be too hard. "True Believers" fit in with the theme pretty well, but "Superfans" was a little pushing it.I was disappointed not to hear a no references to "No-Prizes!" or a finishing "Until next time, Make Mine MOCable", though. Those were two parts of the ol' Stan Soapbox that I really remember from when I was a kid, pouring over my old issues of Fantastic Four and Amazing Spider-Man.Anyhow, looks interesting, but I'm not interested in the set. Iron Man's red parts might come through for me, though.

Sounds like you loved this set, Sire DeeVee. I can't blame you, it's really an amazing set. But I wish it was less priced, it's crazy expensive.And you seriously need to write like this for the reviews of the other two Avengers sets, seriously. :P

Edited by Chemical Plant Zone

Do not trust corrupted memories.

He must've murdered his caps lock key.And taken his "shift" with it.Other than that, good review. Hulk in the background of the Avengers pic is dissapointing, though.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Well that and not recolouring the parts keeps the sets less expensive.
Zomg, you´re right. :P Didn´t think of that.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Captain America looks surprisingly better than I thought he would. I might pick him up if I see him on sale somewhere (maybe :P ).-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Yeah, I didn't read it. The constant capitalisation didn't exactly make it an easy read. Would have been funny for the first paragraph, but I felt it just got repetitive. But, regardless. The actual Captain America set I'm not too interested in. I've never been interested in the idea of Captain America, being British and all, so I'm not overly excited at the sight of him as a set. But it looks well made and holds a few good pieces together. But, as I said, I'm more interested in getting Iron Man, so I'll be happy to let this set slip by.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Yeah, I didn't read it. The constant capitalisation didn't exactly make it an easy read. Would have been funny for the first paragraph, but I felt it just got repetitive.But, regardless. The actual Captain America set I'm not too interested in. I've never been interested in the idea of Captain America, being British and all, so I'm not overly excited at the sight of him as a set. But it looks well made and holds a few good pieces together. But, as I said, I'm more interested in getting Iron Man, so I'll be happy to let this set slip by.

Well, reading this had it's funny moments, and then there were moments were, "Will he please stop using caps lock!" Anyway, I'm American, and Cap is one of my favorite heroes (Besides the almighty Spider-Man) So I'll probably pick him up, if only for my B-Day. The shoulder armour has it's ups and downs, it looks like a backpack, and a jetpack all at once. If someone adds jets to the power armour, I won't be suprised. Edited by Rocka's Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles