Ldd Omnimon

This easter holiday I got into a Digimon Nostagia from watching Digimon toy reviews. So I decided to make my favorite Digimon out of lego bricks using LDD. I tried to make him as accurate as possible. The head is as accurate as I could get.Wargreymon side (Used Paint to add the symbols on the Transendant Sword)http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/omnimon1.pngMetalgarurumon side (Found this piece in LDD. Makes the perfect Supreme Cannon)http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/omnimon2.pngBack showing cape (Cape design is lazy I know)http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/omnimon3.pngGallery (Also contains the Lxf file along with other random mocs) May not be Publichttp://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=299202Comments and Critisim appriciated.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Well now, I'd say a Digimon's a pretty unique creation out of LEGO. But what better one to do than Omnimon?I really do like how this looks. The legs are pretty much perfect and the arms depict the two individual heads making them up very well. There's no question at all about who this is thanks to those two distinct aspects.As for the cape, I'd have just gone with the generic cloth cape (if it's available in LDD anyways), but then I understand it wouldn't have had the coloring right. But it still looks good.And in my opinion the weakest part is probably the head. Heads are hard to do, and from the front it doesn't look too bad. But then you look at it from the side (like in the Metalgarurumon side view) and it's just too thin. But that's very minor, of course.So all in all, nicely done. I'd love to see it done in real life.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I've never been big on Digimon, and wouldn't be able to name one if I tried, but I do like the idea of LEGO Digimon MOCs. Because Digimon has a wide range of things in it, it makes for a lot of MOC possibilities IMO.I looked up Omnimon to find an image, and I was glad to find out that the accuracy you went for is very credible. I really noticed how well the arms look compared to the original character. The legs also match just about perfectly to the original character.The head is the main thing that could use work, though I have no clue how else t could be done in LDD or real-life when thinking at this scale. You did a good job either way getting it to resemble the actual character's head.The cape is actually fairly decent for a brick-build cape. I don't know of a good cloth cape that would work. I would have tried sewing one out of a dark red and a white piece of felt, but I can see where that could get annoying to do, especially if you don't have a sewing machine or something. :PIn all, I like the idea you had to make this, and I think the end result is something to be proud of. If you have an account, I'd suggest submitting this or a LEGO Digimon theme idea to LEGO CUUSOO, because I'm sure many fans would appreciate this.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

This isn't Omnimon. It's Omnimon X :P. I can tell based on the way the horns are configured on the Wargreymon hand. Also, the shoulder... shield... piece... thing on Omnimon X is diamond-shaped as opposed to regular Omnimon's hexagonal shield. Actually no. I take that back. Some aspects of this MOC match either Omnimon or Omnimon X, but I digress.I'm going to sound really ironic saying this but he looks a little blocky *insert obligatory Bad Joke Eel image*. Although this is a really good idea as far as MOCs go, it just doesn't have the amount of flow and curves that Omnimon actually has, nor does it give the same lanky-to-the-point-of-being-balance-challenged vibe that Omnimon does. I am somewhat curious as to how one would be able to make the legs and waist proportionately thin (and, in the case of an actual model, hold up those arms). I'll have to try it. Edit: it could, perhaps, work out if the model were built on a much larger scale. Or maybe some less-than-conventional build techniques.Now I feel inspired to go make Wargreymon.

Edited by Great Mask Of Armor

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

Definitely on the blocky side, but at some point that can't be helped. By that same token, you might want to try experimenting with layers and angles; slope tiles, especially around the chest area, could give you the feel you're looking for.Regardless, I'm digging the model. Some great parts usage there, like with the levers as horns. Always been a fan of Digimon, and it's great to see this represented in LEGO, and gives me some of my own ideas. The cape is probably the weakest link; obviously something that's intended to be morphing and billowy doesn't translate to blacks very well. If there is a cape in LDD, I'd say add that in instead; if you use LDD extended mode, you can definitely get the right colors (any color you want =P) which could help with some of the joints too.