Bzp Library Discussion Topic

Grant-Sud

It was... last January? February? Late January/early February. I think everyone that didn't like those comedies started partying when they were closed though (perhaps a little less so if we lost proto getting it closed), but, to reply back to Velox, those comedies were stuffed to the maximum of prime examples of posts that would be considered useless for helping a writer to improve.Not to mention that the spelling and grammar of the comedies was atrocious and people defended it... that was twhat worried me the most. I was afraid it would be like when the "Ask" comedies flooded BZP, only... a lot worse. I'm all for making a comedy or short story that's written in verse, or just as a poem period, but please, please do it with proper spelling and grammar- or don't do it in a way that makes sense, like if you're imitating an accent.-ibrow

It was... last January? February? Late January/early February. I think everyone that didn't like those comedies started partying when they were closed though (perhaps a little less so if we lost proto getting it closed), but, to reply back to Velox, those comedies were stuffed to the maximum of prime examples of posts that would be considered useless for helping a writer to improve.Not to mention that the spelling and grammar of the comedies was atrocious and people defended it... that was twhat worried me the most. I was afraid it would be like when the "Ask" comedies flooded BZP, only... a lot worse. I'm all for making a comedy or short story that's written in verse, or just as a poem period, but please, please do it with proper spelling and grammar- or don't do it in a way that makes sense, like if you're imitating an accent.-ibrow
Oh yeah, over a year ago. Okay. Technically, it didn't break any rules; that was all it had going for it. XD But the amount of attention and debate given to that, a type of comedy that is normally overlooked by most of the populace, was just outrageous.

Yeah... I'm still not exactly sure how so many different people ended up looking at it. =P@Velox: I will say that when I write up a script chapter and post it, regardless of the attention it gets and regardless of how funny it is, the end result never satisfies me as much as a prose chapter. That said, it's been awhile since I've been truly satisfied with a prose comedy, but both of my LSO entries seem to be turning out well enough.-ibrow

Yeah... I'm still not exactly sure how so many different people ended up looking at it. =P
I blame the Hot Topics box - and the title, and the fact that it started in the wrong forum (Short Stories). That's the thing with the HT box - if there was a lot of people doing anything, even getting ticked off, then more people would follow them and get ticked off. It's good to see the clearified and improved rules, though. I'll be keeping that in mind. :)But anyway, back on topic, do you all see a lot of works from new writers, ones from exprienced writers, or do you think we have a good mix of both? Does this vary by forum section?

• 2 weeks later...
I enjoyed the Comedies competition, but the judging was weird on it. The CoT comedy I thought was going to win totally bombed and the Bionicle comedy I thought was going to fail miserably won.Still, hats off the Library staff for all these awesome contests! :)
Who did you think was going to win? =PI, for one, am extremely disappointed that I won't be able to participate in the LSO Short Stories competition. Assuming it takes place during August. :( Oh well, maybe next time. -ibrow

I enjoyed the Comedies competition, but the judging was weird on it. The CoT comedy I thought was going to win totally bombed and the Bionicle comedy I thought was going to fail miserably won.Still, hats off the Library staff for all these awesome contests! :)
Who did you think was going to win? =PI, for one, am extremely disappointed that I won't be able to participate in the LSO Short Stories competition. Assuming it takes place during August. :( Oh well, maybe next time. -ibrow
I wasn't talking about people, although I did expect you to win, ibrow. :P I was talking about my CoT and Bionicle entries into the contest, and whoch ones I thought would win.

• 3 weeks later...
[...] do you all see a lot of works from new writers, ones from exprienced writers, or do you think we have a good mix of both? Does this vary by forum section?
This is late. This is such a late reply. Not topic-revival late,I'm pretty sure, but still.Anyways, in Epics, I'm actually noticing more experienced writers and their works (judging by the first page in the forum), but Short Stories has a nice, refreshing mix of both =)Also, are any of you planning on entering the Short Stories portion of the LSO? (Awesome job with Epics, btw =D )

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Highly doubtful. I'm working on another story at the moment (a comedy, actually) that I don't want even to take a short break from. Not to mention I don't have any ideas for the contest, so I'm probably just going to sit this one out. Maybe next time.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)