• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

The Iron Toa's Story Collection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 05-November 09
  • 1,141 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 01:26 AM

Hi, with the posting of my first comedy and also first non-epic, I've decided to finally start a story collection topic. And so here I present to you my stories.

First, my epics. I call this the Yrenta Saga:Tale of Yrenta -- Review Topic -- Finished with 32 Chapters

Wartime Journal of a Toa (Not set in Yrenta, but an interlude) -- Review Topic -- Finished with 21 Entries

Fate of Yrenta -- Review Topic -- Finished with 24 ChaptersEnd of Yrenta -- Review Topic -- In progress, currently at 55 ChaptersAnd so far I have posted one comedy:Story of Pehkui Nui -- Finished, one post long.Also, I have made custom Bionicle models of many characters in my epics. I'm not particularly talented at it, and most of them are nothing special, but I think some turned out kind of cool. And you might want to see the characters as I visualize them. To see these, along with other Bionicle models I have made, and some my brother made, take a look at my Brickshelf gallery.I hope you enjoy my stories. Please, let me know what you think.

Edited by The Iron Toa, Jan 16 2013 - 01:47 AM.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#2 Offline Hahli Husky

Hahli Husky
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Sailor Guardian

• 05-April 03
  • 5,185 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hey, Iron Toa! Just so you know, spoiler tags are only for storyline details that haven't been shared in a story yet, just to keep people from seeing spoilers. :)

his-whole-body_zps661d3034.jpg

#3 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 05-November 09
  • 1,141 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 12:04 AM

I thought those descriptions counted since they can give some of the story away. If you don't want me using the tags for that, I'll just remove the descriptions.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#4 Offline Velox

Velox
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Bibliophilic Littérateur & Senior Staff

• 20-September 07
  • 11,833 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 02:14 AM

It depends on the description -- if it's just a synopsis (as most were last time), then a spoiler tag is not needed (e.g., the inside of the dust jacket for hardback books; it tells about the story, even sometimes giving away a few things, but not ruining the story, so that people know what to expect when reading said story). However, if you are actually giving away a spoiler to a key plot point that would ruin the story if read before reading said story, then a spoiler tag may be used (e.g., the last description you had said "Will the Toa save the people who banished them?" and then you had a spoiler tag revealing the answer -- the answer is definitely a spoiler, and therefore can be placed in a spoiler tag, but the question and the part before that is just a synopsis). Does that make sense?Posted Image

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

#5 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 05-November 09
  • 1,141 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 01:10 PM

Yes. But I'd rather not give any of it away, so I'll leave it without the descriptions.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users