• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Bionicle Font

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Offline LaputanMachine

LaputanMachine
  • Members
  • Toa

• 07-July 10
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 05:51 AM

I've recently been in need of a BIONICLE font to use (not the Mata Nui alphabet one, but the one that comes from the actual BIONICLE logo, like the one seen here: http://3.bp.blogspot...ali habitat.jpg .Does anyone know if one exists, and if so, how to get hold of it? Thanks.

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

#2 Offline Voxumo: Master of Fikou

Voxumo: Master of Fikou
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 08-January 07
  • 3,320 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 06:16 AM

well i do remember at one time i searched for the same thing. and i did find it where i could actually just type it on my keyboard. although at that time i was using a mac and when i had to return it i lost the website and the font. this may not directly answer your question but i do know there is a downloadable font version of the matoran alphabet. so yeas i know one exists but i cannot remember exactly where it is.

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Home Grown Alaskan Sprites. Your one-stop shop for the most organic sprites

"Nightmares cease to exist when you come to the realization that even they can be an escape from the horrors of reality."

#3 Offline Baltarc

Baltarc
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • FFM OTC Winner

• 06-August 10
  • 1,712 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 08:59 AM

Check out this page.

Posted Image

#4 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lightning Voyager

• 24-August 07
  • 340 posts

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 09:04 AM

The font is called Trajan (I believe that they used the Pro version for this). The standard Trajan is free, while Trajan Pro isn't. The only real difference is the quality of the letters, but the free version still is of pretty high quality. I don't think that a download link should be too hard to find (just google "trajan normal").

Edited by Infrared, Apr 09 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#5 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,141 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 09:21 AM

Check out this page.

This is about the BIONICLE logo font, not the Mata Nui alphabet which is what you linked to. ;)

The font is called Trajan (I believe that they used the Pro version for this). The standard Trajan is free, while Trajan Pro isn't. The only real difference is the quality of the letters, but the free version still is of pretty high quality. I don't think that a download link should be too hard to find (just google "trajan normal").

Thanks for the information. :) I guess I´ll have to download it, being such a BIONICLE fan. :P-Gata Posted Image

Edited by Gatanui, Apr 09 2012 - 09:21 AM.

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#6 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 26-January 03
  • 5,618 posts

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 10:10 AM

Actually guys, you're partially right.Trajan is indeed the name of the font, but for the -exact- font, you want Goudy Trajan. This is the exact font LEGO used. It took me years to track it down.And yes, you'd still need to pay for it. I lucked out and found a sale where the end result price -was- free, but I won't be sharing it to anyone.

MinewellSig.jpg

#7 Offline Arc

Arc
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 29-August 09
  • 1,961 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 12:41 PM

Wait. If Goudy Trajan was the Bionicle logo font, what was the other, sort of high-tech-looking one they used everywhere else?

036d4e86b6.png

#8 Online Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,141 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 03:13 PM

Wait. If Goudy Trajan was the Bionicle logo font, what was the other, sort of high-tech-looking one they used everywhere else?

Do you mean the one used mainly in 2006?-Gata Posted Image

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#9 Offline T.B.O.C

T.B.O.C
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 21-April 07
  • 2,362 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 04:02 PM

Nevermind, wrong font.

Edited by T.B.O.C, Apr 09 2012 - 04:03 PM.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

#10 Offline LaputanMachine

LaputanMachine
  • Members
  • Toa

• 07-July 10
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for your help everyone, I'll look Goudy Trajan up. :)

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

#11 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Lightning Voyager

• 24-August 07
  • 340 posts

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 05:50 PM

The 2006 Voya Nui font is called Voya Nui GF, and is free (just google it). Meanwhile, I'm blanking on the font used in the Herosector01 logo (which I should know because I've used it before), but I remember that the one normally used is the light version.Edit: It's called Trade Marker Light. It costs money, though, and there is no free version.

Edited by Infrared, Apr 09 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#12 Offline Arc

Arc
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 29-August 09
  • 1,961 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 06:38 PM

The 2006 Voya Nui font is called Voya Nui GF, and is free (just google it). Meanwhile, I'm blanking on the font used in the Herosector01 logo (which I should know because I've used it before), but I remember that the one normally used is the light version.Edit: It's called Trade Marker Light. It costs money, though, and there is no free version.

Okay, thanks. There's also a similar one to Voya Nui GF used in pics like the "Gali habitat" one in the first post; what's that one called?

036d4e86b6.png

#13 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Lightning Voyager

• 24-August 07
  • 340 posts

Posted Apr 09 2012 - 06:42 PM

Okay, thanks. There's also a similar one to Voya Nui GF used in pics like the "Gali habitat" one in the first post; what's that one called?

That I don't know. It kind of looks like a compacted Trade Marker Light, but looking closely it isn't.

#14 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 05-September 10
  • 2,227 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 23 2012 - 05:40 PM

Actually guys, you're partially right.Trajan is indeed the name of the font, but for the -exact- font, you want Goudy Trajan. This is the exact font LEGO used. It took me years to track it down.And yes, you'd still need to pay for it. I lucked out and found a sale where the end result price -was- free, but I won't be sharing it to anyone.

[EDIT: Oops, never noticed the comment system. Just google Goudy Trajan free :)]

Edited by Chaos Dralcax, Apr 23 2012 - 06:07 PM.

eW9kyVR.png

#15 Online Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • News Manager

• 02-August 01
  • 12,292 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted May 06 2012 - 06:24 PM

Question appears to be answered.Thread closed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users