So have you ever been nervous talking to other members or staff? Online sites such as BZ are great, but sometimes you just don't know the emotions of other members or staff. I personally get a little nervous after asking Nuju Metru to approve masks. It's sometimes like talking to a god, If you don't know how the're feeling. So have you ever been nervous talking to anyone on BZ?

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Not really. I treat everyone the same here. Same goes with things in school- people with higher authority don't scare me. As long as you know you've done nothing wrong, there's no reason to fear. But I usually can't help from getting nervous when getting a PM from a staff member :P

doom4revalt.png

I'll be honest and say that bonesiii... inspire a bit of nerves.

Fear not. :P I'm nothing to be afraid of. ^_^ I'm probably one of the most patient people on the planet, heh.OT: I did before I was staff (loooong ago in a galaxy :P), so I can relate to that and have always kept that in sharp focus as best I can in how I relate to non-staff. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Fear not. :P I'm nothing to be afraid of. ^_^ I'm probably one of the most patient people on the planet, heh.OT: I did before I was staff (loooong ago in a galaxy :P), so I can relate to that and have always kept that in sharp focus as best I can in how I relate to non-staff. :)
You never scare me. You're one of my more favorite forum leaders. B6, however, makes me a little nervous. He makes me think, "Grim Reaper of dead topics." I've never even heard his opinion on anything before. I appreciate him as the moderator, but it's hard to think of him as anything but ruler of Bz.-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

You never scare me. You're one of my more favorite forum leaders. B6, however, makes me a little nervous. He makes me think, "Grim Reaper of dead topics." I've never even heard his opinion on anything before. I appreciate him as the moderator, but it's hard to think of him as anything but ruler of Bz.

I can personally verify that Sixboss is a big silly doofus just like the rest of us who likes Halo a lot and is forever my designated Brickfair drinking buddy. Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I don't get nervous around members or most staff. There are a few of the higher-ups who are somewhat intimidating on occasion, though. Black Six, for some reason, is not among them--to me at least. I don't know why.Sorry B6. :b

Edited by Architect

I felt intimidated by the staff members at first, but when I got older, I realized that staff members of any site are nothing to fear. They're people like you and me - they simply choose to commit a bit more of their time to a website than the rest of us. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing nerve-wracking either. If they really had these fearsome, negative, bitter dispositions, would they really be in charge of a place like BZPower in the first place? Unlikely...-Ced

No. When I talk to staff members, I'm pretty laid back because if I act any different, they'll consider me overreacting and nervous, which is not the impression I want to give. Whenever I approach other members as well, it's for the reason that I want to talk to them more often, thank them for something, or want to be friends with them. In any of these cases, I'm not nervous.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I'm very much intimidated when talking to the staff.Then I realize that's dumb because the staff are all real people.Then I stop being scared, and start being awesome.True story.

Edited by Eeko
jlovfkk.jpg

I'm very much intimidated when talking to the staff.Then I realize that's dumb because the staff are all real people.Then I stop being scared, and start being awesome.True story.

I'm sure becoming a staff member had to, on some level, immediately humanize the individuals running this place, right?-Ced

Talking to staff members? Well, I'm generally okay with it as long as I have my pepper spray nearby....ohdear.png (Accurate reaction for my first year or so on here. Now, not so much.)~B~

Edited by Ballom

I'm sure becoming a staff member had to, on some level, immediately humanize the individuals running this place, right?-Ced
Not really, I already talked to most of the bloggies, as well as Wind on a semi-regular basis.Granted, becoming staff does alleviate some of the fears of the higher-ups.But it also creates a lot of new ones. :P
jlovfkk.jpg

Fear not. :P I'm nothing to be afraid of. ^_^ I'm probably one of the most patient people on the planet, heh.
Oh no. That's what I get for generalizing. Different types of nerves active there. B6 insipires the "Am I wasting this guy's time? If I say this wrong, will I get in trouble?" type. bones inspires more the "Do I have my facts straight? Am I saying too much? Do I really need to say this?" nerves. It's positive; it keeps me on my toes and improves my posts. :)

I'm nervous to talk to people on this site. There's always that feeling that when you say something, you might lose your proto.

I agree.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Automatic WIN for How I Met Your Mother reference. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngAaanyway yeah I used to get nervous sometimes talking to the higher ups. Except not much any more, mostly because I've talked to them more (or even met them) and know they're awesomely nice people. newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Oh, of course I had that phase when I was a young member. You never knew exactly what dastardly powers that the evil ranks of the Staff were hiding in their shadowy midst. Even as I BZ-matured, I didn't know exactly how the process worked, other than that they handled everything in a precise and timely manner.Mainly, my awe of the Staff subsided after I began sending sig reports to Screenguy, then to SPIRIT, and eventually to whoever was the FA nub. Believe me, SPIRIT was just as funny in his PMs as he was in his posts - same with Turakii. (Don't report sigs this way nowadays, folks - the profile report button is where it's at. Also how come all the funny topic closers have been claimed by real life ;_;)Now that I can count myself in as part of them and not refer to them as a homogenous and reclusive cult group outside the realm of the normal membership base, I can say for with 100% certainty that they are neither evil* nor even a homogenous group, just a bunch of members that happen to help out with the site's operation.*Except for Smeag. He terrifies me just like he terrifies everyone else.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

When I was new here I was around... 12 years old? So, yeah, back then I was intimidated by pretty much everyone.Currently, I'm intimidated by everyone aside from the staff and members I've chatted with. XDDI normally think of the staff, generally, as people around my own age, so there's really nothing to be intimidated by (and for some of them I actually have fun ways of pronouncing their names. Like how I pronounce bonesiii (bone-zee) It's too adorable to be intimidated by. XP -sorry in advance because I know that's really not how it's supposed to be pronounced-). With other members, though, I don't always know what age-group they come from, so I'm normally a bit on-edge. Plus I haven't been too active on the site in past years, so I don't know who is generally popular, or if there are certain cliques then I haven't taken notice of them. I don't really know who I'm talking to aside from a fan of Bionicle. ^^'

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I don't feel nervous or intimidated when talking to anyone. I used to be a little when I first join the site, but now I don't see the point in being nervous when talking to staff or member. I've sent B6 some pms to report some rule breaking or glitches without any problem, and talked to other staff without being scared or anything.

Of course I was afraid of some of them in my early days, but I think that fear was mostly gone after reaching full proto. Since I have been staff myself for even longer than I´ve been a normal member, there is no reason to be afraid anymore. :P Anyway, I think I´ve never significantly changed my behaviour even after joining the staff so I´ve always tried to act in a way that members don´t need to be afraid of me, or at least I hope so. :P Unless there is a really serious issue, then I don´t post with friendly emoticons and such as I usually do, but fortunately that rarely happens. :)-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^