Bionicle Minecraft Modification!

Click

EDIT: Just a tip, when talking about this modification, you actually need to type out the whole word: "modification." If you just type the abbreviation, it will result in "moderator." DO NOT BYPASS THE FILTER!!

BASICS:

Welcome to my Minecraft modification! Currently, I'm starting on the textures and models needed for the next few updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Basically, I aim to create the Bionicle Universe, or at least Mata-Nui, in this modification. It will eventually include full Toa Armor, which when worn will grant the user Elemental Powers as well as an Elemental Energy bar, so use it wisely. The Toa Armor must also be worn with a Kanohi to grant greater powers and Elemental Energy, and the power of the mask itself. Arm yourself with Tahu's iconic Fire Sword, or Lewa's Jungle Hatchet, and much more!Have no fear, because if you get bored of torching Creepers and making Cyrogenic Zombies, the Rahi will come into play! I plan to add in the 2001 Rahi (such as Muaka, Nui-Rama, Nui-Jaga, and more!), each with their own fighting styles and abilities, providing a fresh challenge for an experienced Minecraft player. Also included will be Matoran Mobs that live in respective villages that you can protect, or harvest masks from!Many other features will be added as I work, progress coming faster if someone would volunteer with programming. Boss fights, new enemies, and continuous mask updates should also be coming along further into the modification. For more details, see the timetable below:First Release: A few weapons and crafting recipes for Mata masks (currently powerless) and weapons. Each one will have a different crafting recipe using elemental blocks, like Kopaka's Ice Sword will be snow blocks and a stick. A few other small items should be added, such as Heatstones (function like Flint and Steel), Lightstones (for those authentic Bionicle torches),Second Release: A Matoran mob that drops powerless Kanohi. The colors and mask should be randomized to make this mob unique in every village. This will also add in the various blocks needed for the next update, accessible in creative.Third Release: Matoran villages that naturally spawn in the appropriate locations (ex. Le-Koro in a Jungle Biome), filled with huts and naturally spawning Matoran, Turaga, and Ussal Crabs!Fourth Release: Mob update! I'm going to add mobs based on the first Rahi sets, like a Muaka, Nui-Jaga, Nui-Rama, Mana, Tarakava, Gukko, Fikou, Takea, and more! Here is where it starts getting good!Fifth Release: The Kanohi Update! Powered Kanohi should be done by now for the Mata and Turaga, as well as a naturally spawning (but rare) Kini-Nui Shrine, where a player could fuse one of each Mata Mask into a Golden Kanohi! Prepare for a dangerous quest to find them all, as each powered Kanohi may be found in a different place! The Kini-Nui will also be a source of Toa Stones (or something to craft them), which will be used to make weapons infused with the Toa's Power!Sixth Release: Bohrok! I'm working on and really look forward to this update, which will include all six breeds and some of their destructive powers. They will mostly just destroy a few blocks, and will attack the player.Seventh Release: The Bohrok nest and the Bahrag bosses! A boss fight to save the island of Mata-Nui! Possibly with Energized Protodermis puddles that, when crafted with the corresponding armor/mask/tool, will turn it into a Nuva item!Eighth Release: The Bohrok-Kal, dangerous servants of the Bahrag, will awake and attack the player after their queens are defeated! Prepare for a fight!And so on with Rahkshi, more Kanohi, and maybe even Makuta! I'll see how far this gets off the ground, and any help with programming would greatly be appreciated. This will probably be a side-side-project with my social life (gasp!) and my other projects. I just want to know what everyone thinks!

RELEASES AND DOWNLOADS:

So, with Dual Matrix making more progress than me, here are some releases he has put together:

First Release:

Minecraft Version 1.4.7: http://www.mediafire.com/?crcy75zzlgn4olo#!

Adds in Tahu's Fire Sword, Kopaka's Ice Sword, and Toa Seal Sword

Known Bugs include: Item names showing up as numbers and Toa Seal block not correctly looking transparent. Items currently look like normal Minecraft swords as Dual Matrix puts in the sprites. They are also only available in creative.

Second Release:

Minecraft Version 1.4.7: http://www.mediafire.com/?re2rr9tyxl644oc

Adds Staff of Hunger, Staff of Poison, and Plantlife Blade (credit goes to CeeCee). Still only available in creative.

Third Release:

Minecraft Version 1.4.7: http://www.mediafire.com/?fgkq956v9iigp59

Minecraft Version 1.5.1, use with Forge: http://www.mediafire.com/?vaxdzo85x6b7mgv

Huge survival update! Adds in Protodermis Ore (currently sponge texture, breakable with wood pick), Raw Protodermis, Larger Raw Protodermis, Protodermis Ingot, Protodermis stick, Protodermis sword, and craftable tools from previous updates! See this post for more details. 1.5.1 update (you must use Forge for this), put together by the wonderful Eastonium, includes textures!

Installation Instructions:

• [*][*]Download your selected release (usually the last one) from the above links[*]On Windows, go to the Start Menu (or Run, for older versions), and type %appdata%, and select Roaming[*]Open up .minecraft, go to the bin folder, and then open up the minecraft.jar file with WinRar, 7-Zip, or other program[*]Copy the files from the modification into the window that opens up, and delete the folder called META-INF[*]Run and enjoy!

And here's a font Toa Leva put together (preview). To download, add the folder to your texture packs, or drag and drop into your minecraft.jar using the above steps.

PREVIEWS

PREVIEW 0: The Previously Seen Bohrok MobWill be added in later, and probably updated. The skin looks terrible.PREVIEW 1: Sprite ProgressNow updated, includes Great and Noble masks of 2001, Toa Tools, Turaga Badges of Office, Toa Armor, Disks, Protodermis Tools, Protodermis, Heatstone, and Lightstone.PREVIEW 2: The Nui-Rama mobLook out for this guy in Biocraft (when it comes out)!PREVIEW 3: Matoran MobWhen they are implemented, they will have masks and hex decimal coloring, so they can be more randomized.PREVIEW 4: Kahu RenderLook out for this guy in Biocraft! Also should have energy (similar to Energized Creeper) around wings in flight. This was just a quick render in Blender, since I couldn't get textures to work properly in Techne.PREVIEW 5: Turaga Matau ModelAlso will have Mask and staff when he is released, maybe minor air powers.

FAN-MADE SKINS

Also, if you're lacking a skin to try this modification out on, feel free to try my Lewa skins, either blank so he can equip Toa Armor, or colored if you want to look better. Here's some more by our brilliant texture artist TFGalvatron: Kopaka, Site with forums removed. -B6, Site with forums removed. -B6 and Site with forums removed. -B6. And Gali by Takua the Chronicler. Feel free to make your own, and they could turn up here! Edited by Black Six
Sorry but the Gali link near the end had forums. -bones

This is really cool! I really like the matoran mobs and everything, but I think there should be a different way of getting Kanohi, kind of like apples being a rare drop for trees or they are a rare drop from mobs, like bows from skeletons.Either way, I can't wait to see this done!

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Oops, I thought Digital Discussion was fan-made as well. Oh well, I'm glad I still got positive reviews! The icons and models will be really easy with Photoshop and Techne, but the programming is something I'm not too good at. I'll keep everyone updated!

That is a very nice MINECRAFT Bohrok-but maybe curve out a little where the feet are. And curve on the head a little, too. :)

curves don't exist in minecraft.looks cool. may want to pop out the feet, though.

Thanks for years of fun, BZP. You made me happy as a child.
Wanna know how FC2 was gonna end/FC3 was gonna play out? Check my deviantART and my Brickshelf.

I'll post pics when I get there. I'm going to try and get at least one color of each mask and the weapons done today. Any ideas what I should do for Pohatu? I'm thinking just a two-finger hand thing since he uses foot weapons.EDIT: First Update Snapshot! I've been working on the masks, and this is what I got...maskspreview.pngIf you can't see it, click it. I enlarged it so everyone could see, because minecraft sprites are hard to see sometimes! My transparency was also messed up, so don't bother with the white masks. I'm working on it. Just post up comments, improvements, and basically, did I get them right? Next snapshot should be with weapons, probably tomorrow, and then the Noble masks. Just so we're clear, they won't have powers just yet. That won't be until update five probably. So, comment, and hope for the update!EDIT 2: I'm really hating the double post rule. Someone hurry and post, and I'm working on weapons!

Edited by Click

Well, I'm thinking about waiting until 1.3, because modding will be changed a lot, and so I don't want to do all the work again! In the meantime, I'm working on the item sprites. All the turaga's masks are not looking great, although I'm really happy with all the Mata masks besides the Hau (something just seems off!). By the way, should I use the Turaga colors (orange, light blue, tan, grey, light grey, and lime) for all the masks, or the Mata colors (red, blue, brown, black, white, and green), or a mix of both (fire Huna in orange, but all other fire masks in red?) I'm a bit torn between them.

:kaukau: It's a bit blocky, and sure you could go with Parazan's suggestions, but I think that it fits the feel that you get in minecraft and it's a good cross-over. This all sounds really cool, except I don't play minecraft.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Everything is blocky in Minecraft, lol. I think the Bohrok looks great, IMO

The bohrok looks great, but how can I see the rest? I don't have Minecraft.

there is free version of minercaft. I'm not sure if you can install mods or texture packs on them, though.And by the way, Click, how did you make the bohrok model itself? I never figured out how to do that. And I might be able to help out with the spriting.and I think you should do the six mata colors, but with the noble masks use the lighter turaga colorson the note of the hau, it might be because the mouth area is not wide enought. I would make it 2 pixels wider then see how it looks, of make it 1 or 2 pixels lower at the topc of the mask, because it seems a bit tall. and also relating to the masks, they are amazing, especially the kakama. and the onu-masks are mostly just black and grey. are there other shades that just blend in too well for me to see?keep up the good work! Edited by Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Well, first of all, thanks for your responses! I am working on this as much as I can, although the rest of the month is very busy for me! Once I get the Noble masks done, I'll post up another update.As for the masks, after the Kakama I started just pixelating some pictures and drawing it based on that, since I don't own a Kakama (I'm working on getting one though!). I probably should try that for the Hau to get it right. Even though I have tried it for the Noble Masks, it still isn't working very well, and I'm wondering if it's the fact that I use colors from the original item picture, trying to keep it as close to Minecraft style as possible. I might try a few other shades and see how it looks.As for the Bohrok, I simply used Techne and threw together a texture for it. Techne's a very popular Minecraft modeller and works well for any moderator. Feel free to Google it (since BZP's a little strict about links), and try it if you want. I could use some '01 Rahi models if you want to help! Also, for the spriting, if you want to try your luck at the Hau and Noble masks, as well as the Turaga's staffs, that would be great. I could get working on the actual Mask models for the character. Any help really is appreciated. Thanks!EDIT: Oh, by the way, can everyone see the last update? I've been getting a 404 lately, and I can repost it if needs be.

Edited by Click

Well, first of all, thanks for your responses! I am working on this as much as I can, although the rest of the month is very busy for me! Once I get the Noble masks done, I'll post up another update.As for the masks, after the Kakama I started just pixelating some pictures and drawing it based on that, since I don't own a Kakama (I'm working on getting one though!). I probably should try that for the Hau to get it right. Even though I have tried it for the Noble Masks, it still isn't working very well, and I'm wondering if it's the fact that I use colors from the original item picture, trying to keep it as close to Minecraft style as possible. I might try a few other shades and see how it looks.As for the Bohrok, I simply used Techne and threw together a texture for it. Techne's a very popular Minecraft modeller and works well for any moderator. Feel free to Google it (since BZP's a little strict about links), and try it if you want. I could use some '01 Rahi models if you want to help! Also, for the spriting, if you want to try your luck at the Hau and Noble masks, as well as the Turaga's staffs, that would be great. I could get working on the actual Mask models for the character. Any help really is appreciated. Thanks!EDIT: Oh, by the way, can everyone see the last update? I've been getting a 404 lately, and I can repost it if needs be.

Interesting! I'll see if I can use Techne on this computer, but for the spriting, I'll have to wait a few days to possibly a week.try linking to the last picture. I was able to see the mask picture by seeing your brickshelf gallery name in the source of link thing in the bottom of my (and most) browser.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

EDIT: No pic. Not sure why. Ah well.

The abbreviated form of "modification" that you used as a folder name is filtered into "moderator" (it's a rather outdated filter made to remove references to another forum); you'll need to use a different folder name for the URL to work. =) Edited by Ziko

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that even though it really bugged me in the first post. I guess I didn't think that it would affect URLs too.Try this:maskspreview.pngFixed hopefully! And does anyone know how to resize in Photoshop while keeping the same pixel size? I had to use paint here, so the transparency is gone. Once I figure it out, I'll post my weapons and my Noble Masks.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that even though it really bugged me in the first post. I guess I didn't think that it would affect URLs too.Try this:maskspreview.pngFixed hopefully! And does anyone know how to resize in Photoshop while keeping the same pixel size? I had to use paint here, so the transparency is gone. Once I figure it out, I'll post my weapons and my Noble Masks.

Wow! That's pretty impressive there, I've got to say. They seem to fit the Minecraft style really well!

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

This is really cool and it's great that you are experimenting with making mods. If you are open to suggestions, I'd suggest you look for areas where minecraft is fun for you, and implement your creations there to make the fun an even more lasting experience.

banner.png

Okay, now another update. I've been pretty busy lately, but I just managed to put some finishing touches on my Nui-Rama! Depending on if Biocraft wants it pretty soon, this should come out in Update 4, but if they want it, it might be the first Aggressive Rahi in the game if I can figure out programming soon enough. I've also updated the first post with a few other ideas that Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda and I have been throwing around, like the Toa Stones, and I also added in my other Rahi ideas. Be sure to check it out and keep posting! Also, if you have any ideas for the moderator, feel free to post them here or send me a PM, and I might get it in there!And now, the preview:ramapreview.pngHow's it look? It took me a while to get it right, but if anyone has suggestions on it, feel free to post.

• 4 weeks later...

Cool! I love your texture for the masks, and your models of the bohrok and nui-rama are epic! You said something in your last post about Biocraft wanting your models. Where can i find out more about biocraft?? I've had experience modding and have also made some models of bionicle stuff before, so if there's a mod, i'd like to help!

8618232030_61c8b5329b.jpg

Have no fear, it's simply been on hold as I finish up the school year and other projects. Work will continue next week with the textured Kahu! By the way, untextured preview:kahurender.pngOh, I guess this is the older one where it had the small tail, no beak, and no legs. That's the approximation though. Feel free to check my Brickshelf for more updates when they come out.EDIT: For Eastonium, Biocraft is here. To sum it up without doing it justice, it's a comedy about the first year of bionicle. And if you have modding experience, any help programming, 3D modelling, and texturing would be great! I'm mostly waiting until 1.3 since I heard it's coming out soon with increased modding support, so that seems worth waiting for.

Edited by Click

That's one idea if I can figure out how to do it. It's either that, or crafting them with rare materials. It would be cool to have dungeons with Rahi guarding masks, or redstone traps to avoid, and some masks just hidden so that they're really hard to find. I just hope it would be possible to find them all.

There could be mini-strongholds. Each one would contain a mask. the reason i say strongholds, is because you can limit the # of them in a world. With strongholds, there are only 3 per world. you could use the stronghold as a base for the mini-strongholds which each have a different mask

8618232030_61c8b5329b.jpg

Either that or based on dungeons. Strongholds might take a lot of editing to make small rooms with challenges, and they might be too hard to find. Dungeons are difficult, but not impossible to find. I will also do masks on the surface too, maybe a "mask in a tree, plucked like a fruit." Yep, and Kopaka thought Makuta would play Kohlii on that day :P.

there is an existing bionicle modification on the minecraft forum, but it's not half a good as this one. with bohrok, maybe you can be able to take out the krana,and give them orders as your slaves :D maybe with the krana, you can put them on villagers and control them. how about infected masks? Matoran and toa? rahkshi? small rahi like ussal crabs and Hoto bugs?

Maybe later, that would be something really hard to program. I'm interested to see how the other project goes though, I just checked it out. And Infected masks might be in there, at least as a dropped and wearable item from infected Rahi, and they might infect Matoran. As for Toa, I was thinking the character would be the Toa, so we wouldn't need a mob for it. Rahkshi will come later, so just wait! And Ussals I'm planning on, as well as the most Rahi I can fit into the moderator without killing someone's computer. Maybe Rahi packs with separate downloads?

So about elements. Would you choose you're element at the beginning and then not be able to change it? Or could you change it when you die? Or simply change it in the menu? Or could the player character be steve but then gain different elemental powers through different sets of armour, allowing multiple elements for one character? Or could I start another sentence with or? I'd go with the when you die or armour options personally because it makes sense without being frustrating. Anyway, the alteration to modification looks like it'll be good when it's done.

Edited by bonesiii

with bohrok, maybe you can be able to take out the krana,and give them orders as your slaves :biggrin: maybe with the krana, you can put them on villagers and control them. how about infected masks? Matoran and toa? rahkshi? small rahi like ussal crabs and Hoto bugs?

Why not just have the bohrok have their "rare drop" be saddles retextured into krana, so that with some modification you could ride and control you animals?Other than that, this is great! I would love to see it finished! The amont of detail is amazing! Keep going! - :hau:- Koro-Chaos - :hau:-

Well, first of all, Toa Armor will be craftable with the Suva update, and from there, wearing the full set of, say, fire armor would give you the ability to create, absorb, and manipulate fire. Still working on particulars, but that's the basic. Elemental energy will stop you from grieving your world on accident, although Nuva Blasts just might be available :). And as for the Krana, why retexture it when I can simply make a new item? And any rahi that Matoran usually ride will be available to ride after taming somehow (Ussals naturally trained, Kahu with Le-Koro flute, etc.). I hope that helps!

Dude this looks pretty insane :D I am actually working on a full 1.5 texture pack called Bionicraft with skygorz. I'm an amateur pixel artist, and am going to learn java programming soon, so I may even be able to program soon. Keep this up pls, I really love how all this looks.

Toa Ploam: Master of Air and Plants

• 3 weeks later...

Just give me a while to finish up some other projects, and I'll get some more models out ;). Seems like 1.3's coming soon, so that means programming! Just keep in mind that this is my first moderator, so programming might be a bit slow.

I hope so too, since I'm still looking through tutorials to try and figure it out. :) I'm mostly hoping that I can know enough to at least make a basic Matoran Mob for the first update, and work my way up from there to get to complex boss programming and mask/elemental powers.Speaking of Matoran, I thought I'd give my fans an update, so I dug up an older model, applied a new texture, and now, may I present: McToran, Minecraft Style!matoranpreview.pngCurrently, he doesn't have a mask, but that's because in the final modification, the mask and colors will be randomized to have unique matoran (also, I'm still working on finishing the mask textures, and Techne glitches out on me when I try to add a box over a box with a transparent texture, and also so you can see the amount of work that went into the head). C&C, as always, is very nice.

• Upvote 1