Bionicle Minecraft Modification!

Click

Your modding skills are impressive, but your spelling could use some work. :P The mod's looking great. For the protodermis texture, I'd recommend recoloring the lapis ore texture. Also, I have a secret idea that I'll PM you about tonight. > :D

the protodermis ore should look like a recolored lapis ore. the color should be something like http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/thumb/3/3f/MNOLG2_Protodermis.PNG/250px-MNOLG2_Protodermis.PNG, in my opinion

Ahem.

banner.jpg

More like recolored Emerald ore, otherwise it'd look like diamonds.
Now that I thought about it, it actually looks like a Minecraft diamond.

What do you mean no one? I was looking through all the pages and I was kinda waiting for you to return! (You did a good job on those)

thank you... i'd make more if anyone needs anything.

It seems you are a awesome texture maker, could I, in the meantime request some stuff I'll need the most?

PS: Could you repost the link of the ore, I kinda have no time to look for it with my new laptop problem.

I'm back!

PS: Could you repost the link of the ore, I kinda have no time to look for it with my new laptop problem.[/url]Here: http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/thumb/3/3f/MNOLG2_Protodermis.PNG/250px-MNOLG2_Protodermis.PNG"]http://biosector01.com/wiki/images/thumb/3/3f/MNOLG2_Protodermis.PNG/250px-MNOLG2_Protodermis.PNG[/url] I think it's this one.

No I meant the texture the guy above made.

I'm back!

OK, the V.0.3 version is all about survival mode.--Created Protodermis ore(sponge texture) which spawns at a same rate as gravel in the world and is breakable with a wooden pick.--RawProtodermis The stuff dropped at the destruction of protodermis ore.--Bigger Raw Protodermis, the creatively named bigger version of raw protodermis created by a 3*3 crafting slot filled up with the previous.--Protodermis IngotThe result of the melting of Bigger raw protodermis--Protodermis stickCrafted by two protodermis ingots placed above eachother--Protodermis swordTemplate sword.Crafting:0P00P00I0P= protodermis ingotI=protodermis stickCan be crafted into the three toa tools byISI beeng (snowball, coal or wooden log)S being the protodermis sword.

This looks really good, where is the most recent update?

There ya go :)

I'm back!

PS: Could you repost the link of the ore, I kinda have no time to look for it with my new laptop problem.

new_bio-mod_textures_2.png

Also, if the 3D toa armour has not vbeen done yet, I could give it a shot.

Edited by Toa Leva

How Do you do?

new_bio-mod_textures_2.png Also, if the 3D toa armour has not vbeen done yet, I could give it a shot.
I think it has been done, I think I remember seeing pics of them in the older parts of the topic but I'm not too sure.

Just a question,

I Downloaded that version of the moderator. I found alot of sponges littered around. are those placeholder for an ore in the modification?

if so, what ore?

just wonderin...

I believe they're place holders for the protodermis ore.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

Actually Biocraft Chronicles has already released a Ta-Koro map and are planning to release the whole island eventually.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

new_bio-mod_textures_2.png Also, if the 3D toa armour has not vbeen done yet, I could give it a shot.
I think it has been done, I think I remember seeing pics of them in the older parts of the topic but I'm not too sure.
No, I got the sprites done, but not the 3D parts.I was considering working on the 3D masks soon though.

How does the 3D part differ from the sprites? Is it like the 3D part can be used for the moderator but the sprites are what you use to make the 3D part? I'm no expert on Minecraft programming, just saying.

In the official modification, Toa Masks and armor will function like Minecraft's Armor. It will be wearable, and have a sprite counterpart (shown in the inventory), and a model counterpart (shown while worn on the player skin). See this image for an example. The top shows the model of the armor worn over the player's skin, and the bottom shows the sprite.

EDIT: Toa Leva, feel free to try out the masks and armor. My attempts are turning out terribly. I'm kind of torn over going with that outline that all the Minecraft armors have around the edges, or just doing as much detail as possible. The line is just looking really awkward over more detailed masks, so maybe I'll just outline the entire armor, not each individual side.

Edited by Click

I'm no expert graphic artist, but If I can make anything In minecraft, it's skins. I'll give it a shot! :)

I've made the skins, but I'm not sure how the masks will work. Since I can't put a mask of every colour on, I left the helmet blank.

Download here:

Wow! those look really good. very accurate to the original textures.

good job.

Those are nice skins. For ideas on the masks, you can go look at the skins other people did (eg. Biocraft) and get ideas by looking and observing them.

I have masks done now, just testing the last couple before releasing them.

Moar Armour Previews:

Water:

Ice:

Stone:

Edited by Toa Leva

How Do you do?

Not bad, most of them look better than my attempts. Just one thing I would change. While I was looking through the Minecraft armor files, I was interested to find out that they have two separate sprite layers. With how complex these armors are, it would really make them look better to utilize that. These armors don't have to have the same shaping as the Minecraft armors, just close to the same styling. For my torso armor, for example, I put the chest and the waist on the upper layer, and then the center and the pistons on the lower layer. I would also put the legs, arms, and parts of the mask on the lower layer, and then maybe the shoulders, elbows (?), knees (?), mask, and feet on the upper layer.Great job though, I really like it!

Not bad, most of them look better than my attempts. Just one thing I would change. While I was looking through the Minecraft armor files, I was interested to find out that they have two separate sprite layers. With how complex these armors are, it would really make them look better to utilize that. These armors don't have to have the same shaping as the Minecraft armors, just close to the same styling. For my torso armor, for example, I put the chest and the waist on the upper layer, and then the center and the pistons on the lower layer. I would also put the legs, arms, and parts of the mask on the lower layer, and then maybe the shoulders, elbows (?), knees (?), mask, and feet on the upper layer.Great job though, I really like it!

Ah, I see. I will work on this immediatly. Also, I'm trying to find out how to code these in, so I might be able to do the whole armour part entierly.

I would recomend that the char.png for the player is replaced with your blank toa, so that the head block gives you a bionicle head.

How Do you do?

By the way, love those previews. You get an idea of how it looks like in-game.

Thanks! :)

By the way, I snazzed up galvatrons textures so that they can be used for modding:

bioterrain.png

Hope you don't mind galv!

Oh not at all!

I just resized them so they where easier to see.