Bionicle Minecraft Modification!

Click

I hope so too, since I'm still looking through tutorials to try and figure it out. :) I'm mostly hoping that I can know enough to at least make a basic Matoran Mob for the first update, and work my way up from there to get to complex boss programming and mask/elemental powers.Speaking of Matoran, I thought I'd give my fans an update, so I dug up an older model, applied a new texture, and now, may I present: McToran, Minecraft Style!matoranpreview.pngCurrently, he doesn't have a mask, but that's because in the final modification, the mask and colors will be randomized to have unique matoran (also, I'm still working on finishing the mask textures, and Techne glitches out on me when I try to add a box over a box with a transparent texture, and also so you can see the amount of work that went into the head). C&C, as always, is very nice.
WOW!Thats amazing!that should be the first update. I can't wait for more.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, currently, I do not have a server for it, as it is only models and textures currently, but once I get some real progress, I'll see what I can do. I probably won't have paid accounts, but donations will be optional :). Just don't expect the server anytime soon! And by the way, keep checking the topic for more updates! I just finished some official skins, and I'm working on texturing my old Kahu model!

Okay, it's been a little while since I posted an update, so I thought I'd finish my Kahu model I posted a little while ago!Kinda large image, rendered in BlenderIt's a quick, messy render made for Biocraft, so look forward to seeing it and my Nui Rama in their movie!And I just found out 1.3 isn't coming out until August, and 1.4 has the Modding API, so I might start some basic programming pretty soon so I don't keep everyone waiting.

Yes, I'm working on that. I'm thinking that the Le-Koro Flute will be a craftable item, and if you get close enough to a Kahu and play a certain note combo (which you get probably from crafting, or maybe in a dungeon chest), it will become tamed, and another Note combination will summon it to you. Maybe when you tame one, it uses your taming note cartridge, and if you want more Kahu (which you won't need unless your Kahu somehow dies), then you need to find more cartridges. How's that sound?

It's very nostalgic, and it make it so Kahu are difficult to get to so you can't just start riding a Kahu on your first night. It will be a goal of the moderator, probably an achievement if I can figure that out, and it should be difficult because it provides quick transportation to pretty much anywhere on the surface.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this should be okay to revive a bit, just because 1.3 came out! I'm going to start working on coding the Toa Armor without powers, and I'll work on the Matoran. Anyone want to help?

Well, this should be okay to revive a bit, just because 1.3 came out! I'm going to start working on coding the Toa Armor without powers, and I'll work on the Matoran. Anyone want to help?
Unfortunately, I can't code at all. but I could test it out when you have progress.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Unfortunately, I can't code at all. but I could test it out when you have progress.
Oh yes, that reminds me; I'd love to be a tester! That's if you're taking them, of course.

~ CHTrilogy

Oh yes, that reminds me; I'd love to be a tester! That's if you're taking them, of course.
Okay, once I get some progress, I'll start posting beta versions here then, and you guys can test it to makes sure there aren't too many bugs. Coding has officially started, and I should have the first update with Toa Armor in the next two weeks.

wow this is so amazing dont stop working on thisp.s i made a bunch of minecraft bionicle sprites for fun i could show them to you if you want.
Sure, what do they look like? It would be very nice to get some help on this. :D
This is marvelous. I'm not really clear, but are you going to make a server for this?
Eventually, yes. A lot of mods do have their own server, so it would be very possible. I've been working on a collaboration with BioCraft, and I could probably put my moderator into their adventure map or server to add some more Bionicle realism.

The Modification's actually in the Alpha stage right now, and I'll let you know once the first release is out. Rahkshi won't be for a while, but I am planning on at least the main 6. All 42 might be a little overboard, but I'll see what I can do. I'll also work on a server plug in as well.

This is one of the best mods I've seen since elemental creepers and single player commands i can't wait for the release keep up the good work click might i suggest a toa mob who if you trade them a certain mask or material they give you a piece of toa armor? just a idea that would be cool with 1.3 trading. good luck on this moderator

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Wow. Just wow.The effort and detail you have put into this just blew me away! Actual Rahi and Bohrok mobs... *gasp*Minecraft is going to get a LOT better at my house. :br:Kudos to you, sir. As a huge Minecraft fan and an even bigger Bionicle Fan, I am looking forward to this moderator with undescribable expectancy. Thank you!

I'm not very knowledgable in the field of computers so this may be a foolish question but can you run mine craft mods on Macs?
It's okay. Your question is a good one.You can, actually. Mods aren't limited to a certain operating system. However, installing them is a bit harder with a Mac.

klick will the mobs have moveable limbs or will they just move wilst staying still?

mca.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

This is one of the best mods I've seen since elemental creepers and single player commands i can't wait for the release keep up the good work click might i suggest a toa mob who if you trade them a certain mask or material they give you a piece of toa armor? just a idea that would be cool with 1.3 trading. good luck on this moderator
Well, I have seen another Bionicle moderator like that, but I just wasn't sure about having a bunch of Pohatu's or something running around to trade with. I was thinking recently that to get armor, you need to craft it with elemental shards, and then enchant it to make it work as Toa Armor. Elemental shards will probably be obtained from (in Alpha) Rahi, or later from Rahkshi and Bohrok. If that's what everyone would prefer, I'm making this for you guys, so I'll see what I can do. And thanks!
klick will the mobs have moveable limbs or will they just move wilst staying still?
I'm hoping so, I'm still trying to figure out the animation code. I am brand new to this kind of stuff. :)I'm still working on coding, but I've had limited time with school starting soon and some other projects I need to finish. Hopefully it should be out soon!And by the way, it's nice to see someone's using my banner, Tehuyre. ;) Maybe I'll put the URL in the first post.

Well, I have seen another Bionicle moderator like that, but I just wasn't sure about having a bunch of Pohatu's or something running around to trade with. I was thinking recently that to get armor, you need to craft it with elemental shards, and then enchant it to make it work as Toa Armor. Elemental shards will probably be obtained from (in Alpha) Rahi, or later from Rahkshi and Bohrok. If that's what everyone would prefer, I'm making this for you guys, so I'll see what I can do. And thanks!
I'm hoping so, I'm still trying to figure out the animation code. I am brand new to this kind of stuff. :)I'm still working on coding, but I've had limited time with school starting soon and some other projects I need to finish. Hopefully it should be out soon!And by the way, it's nice to see someone's using my banner, Tehuyre. ;) Maybe I'll put the URL in the first post.
Thanks. I like the banner (I linked it to this topic)... perhaps there will be an actual achievement within the moderator? Maybe? Hopefully?Thanks again for your hard work on this project, and good luck!

I'm hoping so, I'm still trying to figure out the animation code. I am brand new to this kind of stuff. :)I'm still working on coding, but I've had limited time with school starting soon and some other projects I need to finish. Hopefully it should be out soon!
ok thankyou for responding its just no ofence but it realy irritates me when you hae these little mobs flying around without actualy moving but none the less i will still download this moderatorby the way is there any rough estimates of when the moderator will be released?also if there is anything i could do to help i am illing although i am not very knowledged in the field of coding although i am thinking of learning so if you want i will help Edited by Watashi Wa

mca.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

OMG i didnt expect you to reply :) ill get those into a picture for youok ive got it:bionicle_sprites.pngif you notice, there is a pattern of fire, water, ice, air, stone, and earth, so the weapons and krana go by that too. i also added the nuvacube, just in case you wanted to add it.Hope you enjoy :biggrin:

Edited by Watashi Wa

This is awesome. I'd love to help but I have little experience with minecraft modding other than a recolor to make the chicken and feathers blue.

Hi, I used to be GokuNuva, but my account either got deleted, or I forgot my exact username/password.

Proud to have owned a White Metal Krana. Not proud to have lost it.

OMG i didnt expect you to reply :) ill get those into a picture for youok ive got it:bionicle_sprites.pngif you notice, there is a pattern of fire, water, ice, air, stone, and earth, so the weapons and krana go by that too. i also added the nuvacube, just in case you wanted to add it.Hope you enjoy :biggrin:
Not bad! I really like those Krana and Bohrok shields, which I'll have to work into the moderator. I haven't thought about the Nuva Cube, but I might be able to implement it.I already had some masks (see first post) which I'm pretty proud of, but those also turned out great. With just a little more detail, they would be perfect! I really like the Toa tools though, I might have to borrow that, and maybe I'll just modify them a little bit to fit my style.Want to try the Turaga's masks and tools? I haven't been able to figure those out. One thing I did when I made my sprites was take pictures (or the piece) of the mask, and then I resized it to fit Minecraft Item scale, and just made it the best I could using the palette from the Minecraft items. I'm pretty proud of how they turned out. :D
This is awesome. I'd love to help but I have little experience with minecraft modding other than a recolor to make the chicken and feathers blue.
Honestly, neither do I. :P I've been working with tutorials found on the Minecraft forum. You could try looking those up!