Bionicle Minecraft Modification!

Click

sorry i posted twice it wasent coming up with my previous post so i posted againok should i resize them?heatstone.pnghow will i knw when their 16 x 16

• Upvote 1

mca.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

klick when i tryed to resize it to 16x16 i ended up with a mismatched blob of random coulorswait do you mean 1 pixel in paint?click?

mca.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

ok i made this i think it is rightlightstone_2.png

• Upvote 1

mca.png

-- Greg Farshtey

Looks about right, but one thing just came to mind. A lot of items are oriented diagonally, especially tools. There are still a lot that are oriented vertically, such as torches, so I'm still not sure which way I'll make it. If I make the lightstone like a Torch, I might need a 2x8 sprite, but I'll think about it. Yours looks great, just maybe add a dark yellow border to complete the Minecraft look! Thanks for being so willing to help!

• Upvote 1

heatstone_2.png
Looks about right, but one thing just came to mind. A lot of items are oriented diagonally, especially tools. There are still a lot that are oriented vertically, such as torches, so I'm still not sure which way I'll make it. If I make the lightstone like a Torch, I might need a 2x8 sprite, but I'll think about it. Yours looks great, just maybe add a dark yellow border to complete the Minecraft look! Thanks for being so willing to help!
will dois there any other way i can contact you so i dont fill the topic up with screwed up sprites?
lightstone_3.png
like this or a different coulor ? Edited by Teal Chronicler
  • Upvote 1

mca.png

-- Greg Farshtey

Let's just try PMing then. It's looking pretty good, although now the orange stands out.EDIT: TFG, I recolored your Toa Armor into the Minecraft color scheme. I also did just a few modifications, such as a little more shading and a redesigned torso for Gali and Pohatu. How's this:tfg_armor_recolor.pngCurrently, this is the Toa Armor, but I'm working on modifying it just a bit more. Pretty much the ontly thing I want to change is make the chestplate look more like the Minecraft chestplate and make it only the upper half of the Mata Torso, so the Leggings can be the waist.I've also been working on finishing up the Noble masks and all the tools. You should have a full sprite sheet by the end of the day for the next few updates. :) Oh, and one more thing. I made a quick Lewa skin based on my idea of what the Toa Armor should be. There's also a colorless copy based on what the Toa looked like when they landed on Mata Nui that can be covered by armor and masks when you upgrade. That's how I'd play the moderator. You can find both the skin and the preview (for both colored and colorless) here.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

Click, I finished up with those Throwing Disk sprites. I made one for each Koro, modeling them after the general colors that you used for your Kanohi sprites. I could model them after the colors used for the disks in the MNOLG, if you wish.gakorodisk.png kokorodisk.png lekorodisk.png onukorodisk.png pokorodisk.png takorodisk.pngPlease, tell me if there's anything you want changed. Or if you don't want to use them at all. It's fine. :)

Edited by Tehurye
  • Upvote 1

Let's just try PMing then. It's looking pretty good, although now the orange stands out.EDIT: TFG, I recolored your Toa Armor into the Minecraft color scheme. I also did just a few modifications, such as a little more shading and a redesigned torso for Gali and Pohatu. How's this:tfg_armor_recolor.pngCurrently, this is the Toa Armor, but I'm working on modifying it just a bit more. Pretty much the ontly thing I want to change is make the chestplate look more like the Minecraft chestplate and make it only the upper half of the Mata Torso, so the Leggings can be the waist.I've also been working on finishing up the Noble masks and all the tools. You should have a full sprite sheet by the end of the day for the next few updates. :)Oh, and one more thing. I made a quick Lewa skin based on my idea of what the Toa Armor should be. There's also a colorless copy based on what the Toa looked like when they landed on Mata Nui that can be covered by armor and masks when you upgrade. That's how I'd play the moderator. You can find both the skin and the preview (for both colored and colorless) here.
Let's just try PMing then. It's looking pretty good, although now the orange stands out.EDIT: TFG, I recolored your Toa Armor into the Minecraft color scheme. I also did just a few modifications, such as a little more shading and a redesigned torso for Gali and Pohatu. How's this:tfg_armor_recolor.pngCurrently, this is the Toa Armor, but I'm working on modifying it just a bit more. Pretty much the ontly thing I want to change is make the chestplate look more like the Minecraft chestplate and make it only the upper half of the Mata Torso, so the Leggings can be the waist.I've also been working on finishing up the Noble masks and all the tools. You should have a full sprite sheet by the end of the day for the next few updates. :)Oh, and one more thing. I made a quick Lewa skin based on my idea of what the Toa Armor should be. There's also a colorless copy based on what the Toa looked like when they landed on Mata Nui that can be covered by armor and masks when you upgrade. That's how I'd play the moderator. You can find both the skin and the preview (for both colored and colorless) here.
How yeah they look alot better!Again, just ask if you want any more sprites

Click, I finished up with those Throwing Disk sprites. I made one for each Koro, modeling them after the general colors that you used for your Kanohi sprites. I could model them after the colors used for the disks in the MNOLG, if you wish.gakorodisk.png kokorodisk.png lekorodisk.png onukorodisk.png pokorodisk.png takorodisk.pngPlease, tell me if there's anything you want changed. Or if you don't want to use them at all. It's fine. :)
They look very nice, although I would like to see the MNOLG disk colors as well. I could easily use both, but I think the canon colors are black border with either tannish or grey interior.
  • Upvote 1

They look very nice, although I would like to see the MNOLG disk colors as well.
I'll go do those colors then, and you can compare. Thanks.
I could easily use both, but I think the canon colors are black border with either tannish or grey interior.
That is true, however, those disks were special varieties. The majority of disks would likely have had a simple, single color. To tell the truth, I tried to make those disks, but too much detail is required for the Kanohi to be recognizable, and so you would be left with a disk looking much like my Po-Koro disk.I don't think there's much I could do, although if you could find a way to replicate them, then go for it.Say, will we be able to trade for these disks from the Tohunga?

Not to repeat the same thing twice, but I think there should be a fully playable game of Kohli ball in the Modification.oh and i made a Kraata spritebionicle_kraata_sprites.pngits only 1 but there all the same just different colors.I also tried to make it with the normal minecraft colors this time.
Well, I really want to put Kohlii in, but that would be extremely complex, so I'll put that on hold for a while. I have a few plans for it. :DAnd the Kraata looks nice, although hard to see in that size. I'll zoom it in later. :) I've got some time to implement the Rahkshi.
I could probably do some spriting. Is there anything you're planning to impliment that hasn't been covered already?
Hmm...it's hard to tell since there's been a lot of work by everyone to get it all done. Let's see...Elemental shards? Metru Disks (I'm thinking about making a separate Maskmaking m0d for it, which will be expanded into the Metru Nui version at some future point.)? Ummm...Muaka Steak? :P I'm still thinking about Rahi Drops, so if you just be patient for a little while, I'll keep you posted. ;)
They look very nice, although I would like to see the MNOLG disk colors as well.
I'll go do those colors then, and you can compare. Thanks.
I could easily use both, but I think the canon colors are black border with either tannish or grey interior.
That is true, however, those disks were special varieties. The majority of disks would likely have had a simple, single color. To tell the truth, I tried to make those disks, but too much detail is required for the Kanohi to be recognizable, and so you would be left with a disk looking much like my Po-Koro disk.I don't think there's much I could do, although if you could find a way to replicate them, then go for it.Say, will we be able to trade for these disks from the Tohunga?
Thanks, I can't wait to see the results! I'm thinking about trading GUI, but I just want to take it one step at a time right now! Just be patient, I know everyone has lots of ideas, but I am an amateur coder with little time and experience. You'll probably get what you want at some point, possibly in a few months.

Thanks, I can't wait to see the results! I'm thinking about trading GUI, but I just want to take it one step at a time right now! Just be patient, I know everyone has lots of ideas, but I am an amateur coder with little time and experience. You'll probably get what you want at some point, possibly in a few months.
Well, for an amatuer coder, you seem to have a quite a good bit of knowledge, and I'm sure that you will get to where you want to go, however long it takes.We can certainly wait. :) It'll be worth it.Thank you. What with school piling up (a lot!) it may take me a couple days to a week to get around to those spirtes. But you need all the help you can get, so I promise not to forget.Are there any other sprites you would like done? Edited by Tehurye

Okay, first off, I just want to thank all the supporters of this project. With my usual work ethic, this project wouldn't have got off the ground, and yet I have more sprites than I could possibly use in a while,and an extremely devoted fanbase that is ready to do anything they can to further this project. Thanks a bunch guys!Secondly,I thought I'd try to finish the sprite sheet I promised Saturday (I got booted off the cmputer, sorry), but I wasn't quite ready, so I'll just post what I've got. I tried to incorperate as many of the fanmade designs as I could, filling in gaps when neccessary. So, without further ado, here's the current Bionicle m.od Sprite Sheet:maskspreview2.pngThis time, I used a purple background so you can actually see the transparency and white sprites. The tops six rows (I'll finish for all dyes later) are the Knohi for the m.od. I'm not as proud of the Noble masks as I am of the Greats, so if someone wants to try again, that would be great. :) Then comes the Toa Tools and Turaga Badge of Office. Not much to say. I also put the current Toa Armor below that, although I'm working on my modifications. ;) To the right of that are various items like Lightstone, various Heatstone sprites, and the Protodermis ore with its MNOLG-style tools. I've already remodelled the sword into a MoL style Ta-Koro guard blade, which looks much better, but I hope you guys like the rest of it!Now, who wants to learn Java :biggrin:?

Edited by Click

Okay, first off, I just want to thank all the supporters of this project. With my usual work ethic, this project wouldn't have got off the ground, and yet I have more sprites than I could possibly use in a while,and an extremely devoted fanbase that is ready to do anything they can to further this project. Thanks a bunch guys!Secondly,I thought I'd try to finish the sprite sheet I promised Saturday (I got booted off the cmputer, sorry), but I wasn't quite ready, so I'll just post what I've got. I tried to incorperate as many of the fanmade designs as I could, filling in gaps when neccessary. So, without further ado, here's the current Bionicle m.od Sprite Sheet:Maskspreview2.pngmaskspreview2.pngThis time, I used a purple background so you can actually see the transparency and white sprites. The tops six rows (I'll finish for all dyes later) are the Knohi for the m.od. I'm not as proud of the Noble masks as I am of the Greats, so if someone wants to try again, that would be great. :) Then comes the Toa Tools and Turaga Badge of Office. Not much to say. I also put the current Toa Armor below that, although I'm working on my modifications. ;) To the right of that are various items like Lightstone, various Heatstone sprites, and the Protodermis ore with its MNOLG-style tools. I've already remodelled the sword into a MoL style Ta-Koro guard blade, which looks much better, but I hope you guys like the rest of it!Now, who wants to learn Java :biggrin:?
the sprites look awesome especialy that lightstone its far better than anything i could produce

mca.png

-- Greg Farshtey

I finished those MNOLG disks!Thanks, Click, for posting that sprite sheet, especially your generic throwing disk. Following your pattern, I was able to make my disks look much nicer than my first try. So here they are:Ga-koro: gakorodiskmnog.pngKo-koro: kokorodiskmnog.pngLe-koro: lekorodiskmnog.pngOnu-koro: onukorodiskmnog.pngPo-koro: pokorodiskmnog.pngTa-koro: takorodiskmnog.pngI listed the names to avoid confusion, as the Ga-koro and Ko-koro disks do look similar. I listed the others just for uniformity, and because I have perfectionist streaks every now and then. tounge2.gifSo! Are there any other sprites that I could do?(Something relatively simpler, please. Not, let's say, a kanohi. I'm not that good yet. :closedeyes: sarcastic.gif )

Okay, I finished it up, and here we go!spritesheetpreview1.pngNew additions include a recolored Noble Mask set (I left out the Black masks since the shade for the White masks was pretty much the same, and it shouldn't matter), the Koro-respective disks (courtesy of Tehurye, I just fixed the shading), 3 Toa Armor options (I'd like to vote on this, just wait a sec), the new Protodermis sword, replacing the mid-white with a little more off-white (they were way too close, not much better now though :P), a nice, pretty, darker purple background, fixed black grid, fixed Onewa's Hammer, and then I just moved the Proto Bucket down a row. I'm pretty much out of space, so I'll have to expand for later updates.So, like I said, I'd like everyone to vote on which Toa Armor I use. First up, in Red, is my set-like Tahu Armor. The waist is skinny and the top blocky just like the set. The feet are also pretty cool.Next, in Blue, Green, and Brown, is TFG's Toa Armor, with my recolor. I'm thinking about redoing Pohatu's armor though, it looks more like a bullet-proof vest.And last, in White and Black (Black has more visible shading) is my Minecraft-like Torso, I think my favorite. I based it on a combination of the previous two and the Minecraft Armor set. I kind of like the nice curves that are both just about set-like, and yet still very stylized. Just don't let me sway your opinion!So, please vote, and after this, we're coding! Who wants to help?Wait, we'll need block sprites, so stay tuned!Let's see, we'll need:Protodermis ore (basically Diamond ore with my Protodermis colors)Lightstone Ore (Maybe something a little more crystalized, look at MNOLG)Headstone Ore (Also crystalized, with a red-orange ore)Ga-Koro block (piled seaweeds, make sure it tiles)Ga-Koro Block 2 (try to make a tileable block like the base of Ga-Koro)Lighstone (dimensions of torch, Lightstone colors)Armor sets in 3D (look at Minecraft files for how big it is), as well as the masks.And I think that's it for now. You can also make sprites for any item you see in the next few updates.

Edited by Prince Andrew Duke of York

...the Koro-respective disks (courtesy of Tehurye, I just fixed the shading)...
Thank you for adding the shading. I'm not sure why I didn't do it, it was late last night... wakeup2.gif
So, like I said, I'd like everyone to vote on which Toa Armor I use.
I'll tell the honest truth: I can't decide! They all look good, in their own way.I'll try and do the Ga-koro 2, by the way. I think I have an idea of what is needed...And TFG, nice block sprites! I like the ores, they look very in-place in the Minecraft world... Edited by Tehurye

I didnt know what you ment by ga koro 2, but here they are. (in the same stylish purple i might add :) )...img...
Very good job on that. I'm not surprised you didn't know what I meant by Ga-Koro 2 though. I just meant something that, when placed nearby other blocks, could resemble a giant Lily Pad, like the base of Ga-Koro, so make sure it tiles. As long as it works, it works, right?As for the sprites, the Lightstone looks amazing. I am definitely using those!For the rest, I have a few nitpicks. Firstly, the Proto Ore looks great, and different from Diamond, which I realized might be a confusion. I just pictured it a little more like a liquid encased in the rock. This actually would pass pretty well for what I'm after, but maybe a little more rounded. I still like the spread-out flakes of Proto everywhere. :) Very nice touch.For the Lightstone and Heatstone, you also made it distinct from Gold and Redstone, respectively, as I was worried about. They look very good, and would fit into the Minecraft World, but I just pictured it a little more crystallized. Something like this, with longer, pointed chunks of crystal in it. And maybe a little more orange in the Heatstone. :)I'm not too sure about the Seaweed Block though. It's basically just a green Jungle Wood texture. If you play through MNOLG I and II, the huts either look like this, or this, with either overlapping bunches of Seaweed, or kind of a wrinkled, spotted texture. Try something like that.Very great job, I'm happy that so many people are so eager to help out!
The last Toa armor looks suitable for Nuva versions. (If you're planning on making a Toa Nuva.)
Yep, they come in the Bahrag Update. So, one vote for Minecraft-Style. :)
Love the sprite sheet this is what first came to mind when i saw it. Link to the link of legonesss and it went into my sig.
Very nice, although a bit big for an achievement. ;) I'll consider it. You know, there is a site where you can make your images into official-looking Minecraft Achievements where I got my sig. Try that out.And so far, for armor voting, we haveSet-Accurate: 0TFG's: 0Minecraft-like: 4Can't decide: 1Please, everyone vote! I can't really decide either, my vote was a very close choice! Edited by Click

Like when two blocks of that type are placed together, it looks seamless, like pretty much all Minecraft blocks. Feel free to give it a try. It's a good idea to try out MNOLG to get some ideas.

I was thinking of making a set of Achievents for you its big because the toa's bigger then it but i can fit the pices into a achievemnt boxes sry about the spelling its late at night when i post this

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Like when two blocks of that type are placed together, it looks seamless, like pretty much all Minecraft blocks. Feel free to give it a try. It's a good idea to try out MNOLG to get some ideas.
Actually, I'm an old MNOLG player. Played it multiple times. I know it quite well, if I do say so myself. Not to brag. sarcastic.gifRight, I get the idea now. Thanks!I'll try to work on it when I have time...A quick question: Will the Noble Masks have powers? I know it might be difficult to give them powers that would be relevant to Minecraft, but...The Turaga's Noble Masks are some of my favorite, ever (in shapes and powers), and if I could go around wearing a Mahiki... :br:

This...I like this idea. The sprites are pretty well-done as well, and they look like they'd fit easily with Minecraft's style. Overall, this looks like a pretty good piece of work - I'm definitely considering trying this moderator out.As far as tiles go... I'm not the best worker with 3-D models, but I am into spriting. If there's something you want someone to sprite for this, I'd be willing to help out....The tiles are models, I presume?

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Actually, I'm an old MNOLG player. Played it multiple times. I know it quite well, if I do say so myself. Not to brag. sarcastic.gifRight, I get the idea now. Thanks!I'll try to work on it when I have time...A quick question: Will the Noble Masks have powers? I know it might be difficult to give them powers that would be relevant to Minecraft, but...The Turaga's Noble Masks are some of my favorite, ever (in shapes and powers), and if I could go around wearing a Mahiki... :br:
Okay, great! I can't wait to see what you come up with. :)And yes, the Noble Masks will have powers, but they'll probably use up elemental energy (I'm simplifying Bionicle) so they are used a lot faster. So, something like:Huna: Limited Invisibility (good thing that potion's coming out in 1.4!)Rau: Absolutely no idea. There isn't enough to read in Minecraft! Translating Enchantments?Mahiki: Possibly shapeshifting into other mobs, making hostiles friendly, and vice versa. No idea how to accomplish this though.Matatu: Forcing Entities around, not blocks unless I get very prodigious.Ruru: Basically like Brightness level 500%. ;)Komau: Control Mobs? That would be fun.I'm still working on the powers, and how to accomplish them, so it might be a while before masks even do anything.
This...I like this idea. The sprites are pretty well-done as well, and they look like they'd fit easily with Minecraft's style. Overall, this looks like a pretty good piece of work - I'm definitely considering trying this moderator out.As far as tiles go... I'm not the best worker with 3-D models, but I am into spriting. If there's something you want someone to sprite for this, I'd be willing to help out....The tiles are models, I presume?
Thanks! If you would like to help, try and find something that hasn't been sprited. :P Honestly, I'm having trouble with that too. Everyone is too willing! :P
sprite84.pngWhat about these?
Ooh, much better. I really like those. :)
here are some achievements that i thought might help mca.png mca.png mca.png mca.png thats all for now i gota go and figure out how to do a thumb nail
Cool, the only problem is some of them are a bit squished. You need to make sure that the image you put in is exactly square, or the site warps it. I'm definitely using that "Snazzy Pants" achievement. It sounds so Minecraft. :D

Here's a possible edit if you get a high level programmer:Rau: Talk with some mobs. Creeper is not translatable.Ruru: "Basically like Brightness level 500%." Yes, and the ability to blind mobs. Or to burn them in nighttime.Komau: Hypnosis or instant taming. For some time... Or maybe if you keep looking at them (a la Enderman).

Edited by TradTheMentalist

"Wer Traumt?"

what you should do with masks is there is a sort of hungerbar which is always full until you take the mask of then it goes down and brings you to half a heart just like in the storyline when they take their masks of they graduay weaken

mca.png

-- Greg Farshtey

Okay, great! I can't wait to see what you come up with. :)And yes, the Noble Masks will have powers, but they'll probably use up elemental energy (I'm simplifying Bionicle) so they are used a lot faster. So, something like:Rau: Absolutely no idea. There isn't enough to read in Minecraft! Translating Enchantments?
Actually, that is a surprisingly good idea. I was puzzling my brains out as to how you would give a Rau any value, and that is IT. Partially. You could possibly find something else, such as interacting with mobs (how, I haven't the faintest idea) but translating enchantements would give it some serious worth.Unfortunately, school is pressing in and getting harder by the day, so it may be some time before I can get that Ga-koro sprite to you. I'm sorry about that, I hope it can wait...