Bionicle Minecraft Modification!

Click

WHOA people posted here.Anyways, I would say to save shootable squid and the like for a later update - to focus on Mata Nui for now.Now, on another note, I've actually come up with some 2002-esque gear - I'm still trying to figure out Kanohi Nuva's "helps only your nearby allies" function, though.

Nuva Armor. This armor is an "upgraded" form of the regular armor, created by either throwing armor items into extremely rare underground "Protodermis Pools" or by jumping in with the armor on. You could either make it semi-transparent and swimmable, or make it a "solid" surface which permits items through, and float the new Nuva items to the surface. Elemental attacks with these deal more damage and are more effective, in addition to costing less Elemental Energy.

Nuva Tools. These tools are similar to their "regular" counterparts, but with added functions. These are "dual-wielded," have a faster attacking animation, have a "swords crossed" blocking animation, and deal more damage than regular Tools.

-Magma Swords: Essentially the regular Fire Sword. If the user touches either flat or angled lava (but not vertical lava) with these on, they will automatically convert them into a "Lavaboard" and essentially be able to move around in a boat-like fashion on the lava.

-Aqua Axes. These blades are faster-attacking tools and have the normal functions of Gali's Hooks. When the user is in water, they will have a different swimming animation and move faster.

-Air Katana. These behave similarly to the Air Axe, but with the added Nuva traits on top of it. If the user flies with either Elemental Air or the Mask of Levitation, then they will gain more control over their flight - the user also falls 25% more slowly, and gets more in-air maneuverability, with these weapons equipped.

-Ice Blades. The user holds these as a double-sided blade and shield, and essentially uses them in the same way as the regular Ice Sword and Shield. They have a "shield block" animation as well. This weapon grants the user increased traction on ice, and gives the user a speed boost on icy or snowy surfaces if they sprint (with a "skating" animation, obviously).

-Quake Breakers. The user uses these similarly to regular Earth Claws, but they shred through any Earth-related blocks in moments. These tools also aid in mining.

-Climbing Claws. The user also gains metallic Foot Additions with these tools equipped, which they use in the same way as regular Foot Additions. The user can climb any stone-related block, including Ores, with these tools equipped.

I've got some 2003 ideas in the works (namely, a Mask of Light item that spawns in a cave under Ta-Koro, and must be brought to Kini-Nui on foot - but with the caveat that Rahkshi spawn nearby and try to pursue the player), but I'll share those later, probably.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Okay, so here is the big question: Should I start modding now, and hope no updates come up soon (which none are scheduled, but there could be a big bugfix update soon), or wait "a couple of months," according to the Minecraft Wiki for a super update that will make modding infinitely easier (which has been delayed since 1.3.1).

EDIT: By the way,

WHOA people posted here.Anyways, I would say to save shootable squid and the like for a later update - to focus on Mata Nui for now.Now, on another note, I've actually come up with some 2002-esque gear - I'm still trying to figure out Kanohi Nuva's "helps only your nearby allies" function, though.

Nuva Armor. This armor is an "upgraded" form of the regular armor, created by either throwing armor items into extremely rare underground "Protodermis Pools" or by jumping in with the armor on. You could either make it semi-transparent and swimmable, or make it a "solid" surface which permits items through, and float the new Nuva items to the surface. Elemental attacks with these deal more damage and are more effective, in addition to costing less Elemental Energy.

Nuva Tools. These tools are similar to their "regular" counterparts, but with added functions. These are "dual-wielded," have a faster attacking animation, have a "swords crossed" blocking animation, and deal more damage than regular Tools.

-Magma Swords: Essentially the regular Fire Sword. If the user touches either flat or angled lava (but not vertical lava) with these on, they will automatically convert them into a "Lavaboard" and essentially be able to move around in a boat-like fashion on the lava.

-Aqua Axes. These blades are faster-attacking tools and have the normal functions of Gali's Hooks. When the user is in water, they will have a different swimming animation and move faster.

-Air Katana. These behave similarly to the Air Axe, but with the added Nuva traits on top of it. If the user flies with either Elemental Air or the Mask of Levitation, then they will gain more control over their flight - the user also falls 25% more slowly, and gets more in-air maneuverability, with these weapons equipped.

-Ice Blades. The user holds these as a double-sided blade and shield, and essentially uses them in the same way as the regular Ice Sword and Shield. They have a "shield block" animation as well. This weapon grants the user increased traction on ice, and gives the user a speed boost on icy or snowy surfaces if they sprint (with a "skating" animation, obviously).

-Quake Breakers. The user uses these similarly to regular Earth Claws, but they shred through any Earth-related blocks in moments. These tools also aid in mining.

-Climbing Claws. The user also gains metallic Foot Additions with these tools equipped, which they use in the same way as regular Foot Additions. The user can climb any stone-related block, including Ores, with these tools equipped.

I've got some 2003 ideas in the works (namely, a Mask of Light item that spawns in a cave under Ta-Koro, and must be brought to Kini-Nui on foot - but with the caveat that Rahkshi spawn nearby and try to pursue the player), but I'll share those later, probably.

For the squid, that's the idea. I don't want to start including '07 in '03.

Kanohi Nuva: My plan was making that the Multiplayer update, and enabling mask powers that way, similar to a mobile beacon. How cool would that be?

Nuva Armor: I was planning the Protodermis pools to be either in or under the Bahrag layer, requiring you to beat them to obtain the armor. My original plan was craft the original armor with Energized Proto in a bucket to make Nuva armor, but I have been considering submersion. It would be more canon, but less Minecraft-like.

Nuva Tools: Awesome. I hope I can figure out that dual-wield feature, as well as the new animations and Tahu's lava surfing. I've seen a lot of mods with Lava boating, but they always have the glitch that makes you catch on fire, and usually kills the boat too.

I really like the Mask of Light idea. I've been puzzling with that one for a while, and I like your solution. I might use that.

I am sure that this has been asked previously, but is there a download available yet? I am dying to kill some Bohrok in minecraft.

Nope, not posted yet, I've been foiled by updates. BTW, Bohrok won't be in for a while.

Edited by Click

So, we've got two votes continue, and two votes wait. Now that I think about it, the Wiki said Fireworks will be included for New Years, so that means we'd have the modification for at most 25 days, and most likely less. Should I try and do it then? I'm just glad I didn't start yet, because a virus just wiped my computer. :/

Edited by Click

So, we've got two votes continue, and two votes wait. Now that I think about it, the Wiki said Fireworks will be included for New Years, so that means we'd have the modification for at most 25 days, and most likely less. Should I try and do it then? I'm just glad I didn't start yet, because a virus just wiped my computer. :/

I say wait. Once 1.5 comes out, blitz the coding. Even if a new update comes out after 1.5, keep working with 1.5. Once you have the basis for the mod, it should be easier to recode for subsequent updates. :)

Sorry about that virus, is your computer okay now?

ahh i hate viruses i got one once on the LU wiki never went back there again. also yeah if you do it after the major update it should be easier to recode but have backups on usbs and stuff so incacces something like this happens agian

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

You see a world fully mase out of one layer on industructable block the portal will directly vanish and all the things ever sent to there are still there. If you wanna return you have to go to the only building in the dimension giant cave guarded by a giant spider(Zivon) and there is a return portal, or you can use the olmak sword again

I'm back!

instead of Sword i would thing of a mask but it does sound like something usefull... Click you should add some legendary mask to this mod to make it more interesting (not that it isn't all ready awesome)

Edited by Tecnokua

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

I would say the Olmak wouldn't be until later on, as it would require mask powers, a new dimension, and complex mob coding. I could put the realm of shadows into the Metru Nui modification, an have Kahgahrak have the ability to send you there (they'll be a rare spawn), and to escape, you need to battle the Zivon boss to get to an Olmak, or just another portal. That would be pretty cool.And, with that virus gone, most of my programs reinstalled, and most of my data recovered, I hereby swear to begin work as soon as the New Years update comes out. I'll have the whole Christmas vacation to work.

I would say the Olmak wouldn't be until later on, as it would require mask powers, a new dimension, and complex mob coding. I could put the realm of shadows into the Metru Nui modification, an have Kahgahrak have the ability to send you there (they'll be a rare spawn), and to escape, you need to battle the Zivon boss to get to an Olmak, or just another portal. That would be pretty cool.And, with that virus gone, most of my programs reinstalled, and most of my data recovered, I hereby swear to begin work as soon as the New Years update comes out. I'll have the whole Christmas vacation to work.

Well I've done that but no mask, I used a sword and the zivon was just a big spider. Speak to you then. Don't forget to pm me.

I'm back!

hey click, what do you use to make the mod. I want to start one myself.

Ever programmed before? Java,python,javascript and stuff?
not really... no
Well without knowledge of coding it's inpossible but if you wanna learn pm me and I'll help you on your way.

I'm back!

hey click, what do you use to make the mod. I want to start one myself.

Ever programmed before? Java,python,javascript and stuff?
not really... no
Well without knowledge of coding it's inpossible but if you wanna learn pm me and I'll help you on your way.

could you teach me too please? i would like to help out klick

mca.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

That sounds fun. :D But yes, future plans...

Great! Jeb says that the next update after this one will take quite some time... so you should have a good while. :)

Great! Jeb says that the next update after this one will take quite some time... so you should have a good while. :)

It's the Redstone update, isn't it? I thought he stated it will be released in mid to late January. :)

iwRQGDg.jpg

It's the Redstone update, isn't it? I thought he stated it will be released in mid to late January. :)

Actually I have heard that 1.4.6 will be out before Christmas...

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

as a suggestion if you be a toa you cannot kill anything but monsters and animals or you get kicked out of that "group" everything attacks you including other toa,matoran,turaga and iron golems in villages

also another suggestion for the toa of water when you hit a creature with your toa tool it creates a block of water around its head untill it drowns

mca.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.