• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Ancient Hero "the Golden Samurai"

LEGO Ninjago Hero Factory Samurai

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Sparkytron

Sparkytron
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 527 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 02:02 AM

Posted Image

MOCpages

A remake of my original "Golden Samurai" MOC that I posted a while agoBut now with more gold and more samurai.

C&C appreciated

Edited by Sparkytron, Apr 10 2012 - 02:08 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Offline Ehlekdude

Ehlekdude
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 761 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 09:14 AM

That is one of the most amazing MOCs I've seen that uses the Hero Factory 2.0 building system. I've seen a lot of good, even great HF MOCs, but this is one of the best. From the top: Head: I absolutely love the backwards placed Rocka helmet, it fits so nicely over the white head.Body: Bulky, 2.0-ish and so much gold. That Rocka fist looks very nice there, especially combined with the gold Bionicle armour that makes it sleeker. The back is also nice with the launcher, those feet work great on the body.Arms & legs: Standard build, but very effective, keeping the sleek Hero shape of the MOC and just looking good. The blades look very nice on the legs. Nice sword, fits him very well.Overall: As I said, one of the best HF 2.0 MOCs I've seen. 10/10

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

#3 Offline J46 Nui

J46 Nui
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 767 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 09:18 AM

I have to say, that looks amazing. It has a much better color scheme when compared to the original, mainly because of the gold sword replacing the silver one. By the way, how did you make the head? I really like the look of it.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

#4 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,298 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 09:36 AM

I really like the way Rocka's head is placed on. The armor placement is also great too. However, I think the sword hilt should be a piece that's not so pointed.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#5 Offline Elrond of Rivendell

Elrond of Rivendell
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,447 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 09:51 AM

Ahhhh.... *sight and faints* Now this is a samurai! I like the details with the swords at the waist, it gives a good flow to the moc, and it also reminds me of the battle "skirt," of the samurai. The nuva shoulder piece at the bottom of the claw gives it some smoothness that compliments the hard edges of the claw. Finally, the spikes all over the moc give it an edge. This is what I would consider a "Rocka's Bane" to be.

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

#6 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 574 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 12:31 PM

I absolutely love this!!! It is a breakthrough when it comes to building with the HF system. However, I think the lower legs are a tad too short and the katana too long for a MOC of his stature. Maybe the smaller ones on the battle skirt would look better? Overall, great job man! 9/10.I absolutely love this!!! It is a breakthrough when it comes to building with the HF system. However, I think the lower legs are a tad too short and the katana too long for a MOC of his stature. Maybe the smaller ones on the battle skirt would look better? Overall, great job man! 9/10.

Recent MOC's:      Naval Commander Jaldamir    Sevla II    Octharius v The Chimera    Voxumo: The Shadow of Reality

Here are my current PBZP's.  (Note: PBZP topics are mostly* dead. DON'T REVIVE!!!)

Completed In Progress             < A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  Lii  M  N  O   Q  R  S  T  U  V  Vii  W  X  Y  Z >          

#7 Offline Toa Genris

Toa Genris
  • Members
  • Toa

• 104 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 07:36 PM

Wow this is really amazing. Great job on this one. I thought the old one was awesome, but you just out the icing on the cake for a really great moc. I really like that you've incorporated so much gold into him, which is really nice. I don't give 10 out of 10's, but this one deserves it! 10 out of 10 from me!

#8 Offline Kylus

Kylus
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,320 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 10 2012 - 08:07 PM

Great looking moc. I'm digging the head and look of the body. It really does have that heavily-armored samurai look. Nice.
2010 Set Progress- Stars: 6/6 - Collectable Minifigs: 6/16

flickr)-((Organized) Confusion)-(Shadow Enclosures
Ventorus Website

#9 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Axiomatic

• 4,147 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 11 2012 - 06:44 PM

That body armor entirely makes up for the lack of a real face. He looks so bulky, but dangerous - not an adversary I'd want to battle. It's easy to overuse gold in a MOC, but it works very nicely on this guy. Great job.-Ced

#10 Offline Dralcax

Dralcax
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,220 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 06:22 PM

Nice! I like the design and the maximized use of gold parts. However, the white spikes might look better in black.

eW9kyVR.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users