Kanohi Desert

Kaleidoscope Tekulo

LinkSo, a little while back I made a short story about Hewkii and Macku. Basically, it centered around the idea of their relationship (as friends or romance, whichever you prefer) and it deals with Macku's point of view after Hewkii became a toa. At one point in it, Hewkii and Macku watch the sun setting in Po-Wahi, which is the visual that inspired this image.It wasn't a perfect short story, but I still like the idea behind it. Hope you like it! ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Wow. This is pretty, and I also like the idea behind it. :3... and whyyy are you able to draw such set-like masks? It's unfair D:But seriously, they're well done, both in terms of shape and shading. I also like the overall colours, however, Macku's mask contrasts with the background heavily. That's not necessarily bad, but it kind of breaks the harmony a bit.Out of curiousity, what programme did you use? :)

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

@ Taka nuvia: Thanks. ^^ To answer that first question: I used references (aka the actual masks) XP Also, drawing kanohi is fun, so I have a bit of practice.Also, I like how Macku's mask contrasts the background. What I don't like about this is how Hewkii's mask doesn't break the contrast. Maybe this would look better if it were a beach, so there more blue in the background to make Hewkii's mask pop out more... Though, I also don't like that the Kakama isn't a shiny mask like Macku's. They were both very different masks, though I think Macku's is really the better of the two in this image (or so I think anyway). Yeah, it kinda bugged me while I was drawing. XDAlso, I used Colors! 3D for the 3DS (I recently got it and I'm amazed at how different my drawings turn out in a digital medium. Though, I don't plan to stop drawing traditional pieces.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

:kaukau: I'll agree with Tekulo that it looks unbalanced the way that Macku's mask adds contrast but Hewkii's does not. I wish there was something there to make the contrast both sharp and vivid to give the picture a touch of flair and focus. But as it is, this looks like a picture of a Huna that happens to be next to a drawing of a Kakama (I hope I got the mask name right).Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh