New Bionicle Comics

It's been some time since I've been active on here... And my Bionicle sets have been collecting dust for quite some time now...Recently though I was given a very unique opportunity. A few friends of mine are opening their own comic book store and have a comic shop (where they actually produce their own comics). I was approached about a month ago from one of my friends (President of the shop) and was asked if I would want to be involved in creating my own comic that is Bionicle related. I've been stewing on it for quite some time, but I said yes about a week ago. It's amazing how fast things are moving. There are still some things in which we have to get some rights for yet, but I'm very excited for the future of this production! :) My friend approached me because I already have so much written about my characters and so many stories that I've shared with him. He read the first 15 pages of the Epic I created and said he was very impressed and said it would be quite easy to put into a comic book format. It's all I've been able to think about for the past week. I'm very happy to be a part of this all again. I will keep you all updated as to how the process is going and when we can expect a first comic to come out of all of this. Realistically speaking our time schedule is about 2 years out right now... a lot of work and effort is going into this though and we want it to turn out perfect! Yes, there still needs to be some negotiation with Lego on this subject, but I know one way or another we will get the stories out there.Also, these comics will not be solely about any of the main characters already in the Bionicle universe; they will focus mainly on characters in which I myself have created.This was approved by bonesiii

~T:ToT~

tomago_banner_1_gif.gif

While I'm sure it'd be very difficult to get permission from LEGO for a project like this, it's impressive that you're putting in the effort. I wish you the best of luck.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Yeah I imagine it might be. Took me a while just to figure whom I should be asking the permissions of. Was supposed to talk to her today, but she didn't call back. So hopefully tomorrow.If there isn't an approval from Lego on certain things then there are always other ways in which to incorporate and change things.

tomago_banner_1_gif.gif

Well this is something i would like to see. i would probably never get one since i'm all the way here in alaska but if i could i would.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

This sounds awesome! I wish you good luck in talking to LEGO and with the comic-making process. :)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Oh Yes, there will def be some overlap and explanation for things in the 'official' story line that aren't answered as of right now. Who knows if they ever will be...But, yes I do plan on taking it in a new direction, like a spin-off you could say; however I don't want to leave everything else behind at the same time and say forget about it. Ya know? So to answer both questions Yes and Yes! lol

tomago_banner_1_gif.gif

We had a good group meeting last night. Got quite a bit accomplished for our comics. Had a lot of constructive feedback on how to start and the series off and a few different plot-holes that I need to think about.Will be trying to contact Taylor at LEGO today to see if she's available, I'm starting to think she's on vacation or something...

tomago_banner_1_gif.gif

So what you're saying is you're planning to make a comic?Because usually people make the comic first, then post the topic and people comment on the comic.Also there is no way Lego will endorse this. So it's always going to just be a fan project. Not to mention that you don't place the future official story of Bionicle on one fan. That's just silly. And, just like everyone else, you need to make it THEN post it. Unless being able to print the comic off and staple it together somehow makes it more of note....?Also I don't know why bonesiii approved this topic at all....Hey my friend said I could build some sets and he'd carve them out of wood for me, I'm gonna e-mail Lego about it and make my own topic because it's obviously topic worthy if I'm bothering Lego about it. Also I doubt she's on holiday, she's probably just ignoring e-mails that are a waste of her time. :)Also lol @ 'president of the shop'.- Tilius

Edited by Tilius

Also there is no way Lego will endorse this. So it's always going to just be a fan project. Not to mention that you don't place the future official story of Bionicle on one fan. That's just silly. And, just like everyone else, you need to make it THEN post it. Unless being able to print the comic off and staple it together somehow makes it more of note....?

I agree with the whole placing the future story on one fan, but who ever said his comics were going to be official storyline? That's like saying all the artwork and comics on BZP are completely canon and in no way fan representations.

Also I don't know why bonesiii approved this topic at all....

I'm not Bonesiii, but I assume that he's approved of it because it's a legitimate project that could be approved by Lego. If he says that he was supposed to talk to her, then it means he probably set up an appointment to discuss the project with her, rather than just searching "The phone number of the person who is in charge of approvals for Lego".

Hey my friend said I could build some sets and he'd carve them out of wood for me, I'm gonna e-mail Lego about it and make my own topic because it's obviously topic worthy if I'm bothering Lego about it.

This is different than just having one or two friends get together and make sets out of wood and keep them to themselves. His friends have opened a comic book store that would sell the comics to other people, rather than just creating one or two to keep to themselves and maybe post on BZPower. So, he hasn't been bothering Lego about a project that would only be for him and maybe his friends. He's talking with Lego to gain permission to draw and sell his own comics to others.

Also I doubt she's on holiday, she's probably just ignoring e-mails that are a waste of her time. :)

Like I said before, it isn't a big waste of time because he'd be making a profit off of something like this, rather than making it and just keeping it in his room, pulling it out every once in a while.Anyway... I think this is a really cool idea you've got going on. I really hope that you can get the permissions to do this, because I'd buy 'em. :)

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

I agree with the whole placing the future story on one fan, but who ever said his comics were going to be official storyline? That's like saying all the artwork and comics on BZP are completely canon and in no way fan representations.

Because if Lego 'approves' it then it's basically official story.

I'm not Bonesiii, but I assume that he's approved of it because it's a legitimate project that could be approved by Lego. If he says that he was supposed to talk to her, then it means he probably set up an appointment to discuss the project with her, rather than just searching "The phone number of the person who is in charge of approvals for Lego".

Absolute ROFL. No. Absolutely no. I can't even be bothered to explain how wrong you are. It's painful.

This is different than just having one or two friends get together and make sets out of wood and keep them to themselves. His friends have opened a comic book store that would sell the comics to other people, rather than just creating one or two to keep to themselves and maybe post on BZPower. So, he hasn't been bothering Lego about a project that would only be for him and maybe his friends. He's talking with Lego to gain permission to draw and sell his own comics to others.

And they aren't going to give him that position in a gajillion years. Because Bionicle is Lego property, not some random guy in a comic book store, and they don't hand out the license to use it to random people who e-mail them. It doesn't work that way.

Like I said before, it isn't a big waste of time because he'd be making a profit off of something like this, rather than making it and just keeping it in his room, pulling it out every once in a while.

So this topic is of more value than other BZP comic makers because the guy wants to make money off of it? That should make it LESS topic-worthy.You post a topic when you have a comic to post. You don't post a topic to announce you might make a topic, even if you dress it up so that those who lack common sense think it's in some way official or important or something.He's not meeting some Lego rep to discuss this. He's throwing e-mails at them, they aren't replying, because they're never going to approve it and he's wasting everybody's time.Make a comic. Post it in the art forums. Fine. Don't make a topic saying you might make a comic, particularly if you're massively delusional about it.I'm repeating myself here. But it looks like it really needs spelling out. Common sense, people, do you speak it?- Tilius Edited by Tilius

This seems like it could be really cool, and I'd love to see the finished product.And Tilius, don't be so critical and make fun of this. If you don't think it's a good idea, just don't comment on it and ignore it. Or at least make your criticism a bit more constructive.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

And Tilius, don't be so critical and make fun of this. If you don't think it's a good idea, just don't comment on it and ignore it. Or at least make your criticism a bit more constructive.

Explain in what way any of what I've said is wrong. Go on. If you're going to tell me to stop, at least tell me why. Construct a convincing argument. And you act like being critical is a bad thing. It isn't. It's far, far better than blind support of unrealistic delusions.And the fact remains that this topic is pointless. I swear that people are only reading half my posts, or just reading a select few words and thinking OH BOY HE'S BEING NEGATIVE HE MUST BE WRONG when, as usual, I'm the one person who's right.It gets tiring being right so often. Especially when I have to keep reiterating it and spelling it out as precisely as possible because people don't seem to get it. Just employ a bit of critical thought, that's all you have to do.So, please do explain how I'm wrong, and how this could ever actually realistically happen. Start to throw a bit of actual thought into the mix. I know, probably a big ask.- Tilius Edited by Tilius

And Tilius, don't be so critical and make fun of this. If you don't think it's a good idea, just don't comment on it and ignore it. Or at least make your criticism a bit more constructive.

Explain in what way any of what I've said is wrong. Go on. If you're going to tell me to stop, at least tell me why. Construct a convincing argument. And you act like being critical is a bad thing. It isn't. It's far, far better than blind support of unrealistic delusions.And the fact remains that this topic is pointless. I swear that people are only reading half my posts, or just reading a select few words and thinking OH BOY HE'S BEING NEGATIVE HE MUST BE WRONG when, as usual, I'm the one person who's right.It gets tiring being right so often. Especially when I have to keep reiterating it and spelling it out as precisely as possible because people don't seem to get it. Just employ a bit of critical thought, that's all you have to do.So, please do explain how I'm wrong, and how this could ever actually realistically happen. Start to throw a bit of actual thought into the mix. I know, probably a big ask.- Tilius
I'm not sure if this topic was indeed approved by bonesiii or not, so I'm taking any action on this topic. But I am sure you that you need to quit and find somewhere else to start a debate, Tilius. Whether or not you're joking about "always being right", this isn't adding to the discussion and it sure isn't helping anyone. If you don't think it's a valid topic, report it (which you did, thank you), and move on (which you didn't.) If it's not allowed, it'll be taken care of. Your public input is not needed in such a matter. Edited by Hahli Husky

Explain in what way any of what I've said is wrong. Go on. If you're going to tell me to stop, at least tell me why. Construct a convincing argument. And you act like being critical is a bad thing. It isn't. It's far, far better than blind support of unrealistic delusions.And the fact remains that this topic is pointless. I swear that people are only reading half my posts, or just reading a select few words and thinking OH BOY HE'S BEING NEGATIVE HE MUST BE WRONG when, as usual, I'm the one person who's right.It gets tiring being right so often. Especially when I have to keep reiterating it and spelling it out as precisely as possible because people don't seem to get it. Just employ a bit of critical thought, that's all you have to do.So, please do explain how I'm wrong, and how this could ever actually realistically happen. Start to throw a bit of actual thought into the mix. I know, probably a big ask.- Tilius
I'm not sure if this topic was indeed approved by bonesiii or not, so I'm taking any action on this topic. But I am sure you that you need to quit and find somewhere else to start a debate, Tilius. Whether or not you're joking about "always being right", this isn't adding to the discussion and it sure isn't helping anyone. If you don't think it's a valid topic, report it (which you did, thank you), and move on (which you didn't.) If it's not allowed, it'll be taken care of. Your public input is not needed in such a matter.
Well, it is kinda adding to discussion because up until me the 'discussion' was just 'OH GREAT IDEA' which isn't discussion at all. And if people are okay to say 'GREAT IDEA' then I'm okay to say 'BAD IDEA AND HERE'S WHY'. Which really makes my posts more useful because I've backed what I say up and explained exactly why this is a bad idea. And then in response I get a 'Hey you're wrong but I'm not saying why', which is a less useful post for discussion. 'Cause a series of disconnected posts in a topic isn't really a discussion, especially when the posters don't give any real insight into their opinions than 'GREAT IDEA'.So the topic of whether or not this is topic worthy is fair enough to end, but me saying and explaining exactly why the idea is a bad one is fine. Because people who think it's a great idea are alright to say that without even adding anything more to discussion. So it's really those people who aren't really contributing to actual discussion.Also I'm joking about always being right. It's just funny.- Tilius Edited by Tilius

I'm not sure if this topic was indeed approved by bonesiii or not, so I'm taking any action on this topic. But I am sure you that you need to quit and find somewhere else to start a debate, Tilius. Whether or not you're joking about "always being right", this isn't adding to the discussion and it sure isn't helping anyone. If you don't think it's a valid topic, report it (which you did, thank you), and move on (which you didn't.) If it's not allowed, it'll be taken care of. Your public input is not needed in such a matter.
Well, it is kinda adding to discussion because up until me the 'discussion' was just 'OH GREAT IDEA' which isn't discussion at all. And if people are okay to say 'GREAT IDEA' then I'm okay to say 'BAD IDEA AND HERE'S WHY'. Which really makes my posts more useful because I've backed what I say up and explained exactly why this is a bad idea. And then in response I get a 'Hey you're wrong but I'm not saying why', which is a less useful post for discussion. 'Cause a series of disconnected posts in a topic isn't really a discussion, especially when the posters don't give any real insight into their opinions than 'GREAT IDEA'.So the topic of whether or not this is topic worthy is fair enough to end, but me saying and explaining exactly why the idea is a bad one is fine. Because people who think it's a great idea are alright to say that without even adding anything more to discussion.Also I'm joking about always being right. It's just funny.- Tilius
That has nothing to do with what I was telling you. I'll be PMing you about this in a moment. :) Whether or not this topic is okay, I'd appreciate it if the debating stops from everyone. Thanks. Edited by Hahli Husky

So what you're saying is you're planning to make a comic?Because usually people make the comic first, then post the topic and people comment on the comic.Also there is no way Lego will endorse this. So it's always going to just be a fan project. Not to mention that you don't place the future official story of Bionicle on one fan. That's just silly. And, just like everyone else, you need to make it THEN post it. Unless being able to print the comic off and staple it together somehow makes it more of note....?Also I don't know why bonesiii approved this topic at all....Hey my friend said I could build some sets and he'd carve them out of wood for me, I'm gonna e-mail Lego about it and make my own topic because it's obviously topic worthy if I'm bothering Lego about it. Also I doubt she's on holiday, she's probably just ignoring e-mails that are a waste of her time. :)Also lol @ 'president of the shop'.- Tilius

Yup we are in the works of making this into a comic.Lego endorsing something is completely different from what's allowed in a fan-fiction, educate yourself before trying to look smart and end up looking like a fool lmao. AGAIN official story-line is completely different from fan-fiction... There's a reason you're not bonesiii. ;)Lol at tard.

Also there is no way Lego will endorse this. So it's always going to just be a fan project. Not to mention that you don't place the future official story of Bionicle on one fan. That's just silly. And, just like everyone else, you need to make it THEN post it. Unless being able to print the comic off and staple it together somehow makes it more of note....?

Also I don't know why bonesiii approved this topic at all....

Hey my friend said I could build some sets and he'd carve them out of wood for me, I'm gonna e-mail Lego about it and make my own topic because it's obviously topic worthy if I'm bothering Lego about it.

Also I doubt she's on holiday, she's probably just ignoring e-mails that are a waste of her time. :)

Like I said before, it isn't a big waste of time because he'd be making a profit off of something like this, rather than making it and just keeping it in his room, pulling it out every once in a while.Anyway... I think this is a really cool idea you've got going on. I really hope that you can get the permissions to do this, because I'd buy 'em. :)
Thanks man, I appreciate the support!

Because if Lego 'approves' it then it's basically official story.

Absolute ROFL. No. Absolutely no. I can't even be bothered to explain how wrong you are. It's painful.

And they aren't going to give him that position in a gajillion years. Because Bionicle is Lego property, not some random guy in a comic book store, and they don't hand out the license to use it to random people who e-mail them. It doesn't work that way.

Like I said before, it isn't a big waste of time because he'd be making a profit off of something like this, rather than making it and just keeping it in his room, pulling it out every once in a while.

So this topic is of more value than other BZP comic makers because the guy wants to make money off of it? That should make it LESS topic-worthy.You post a topic when you have a comic to post. You don't post a topic to announce you might make a topic, even if you dress it up so that those who lack common sense think it's in some way official or important or something.He's not meeting some Lego rep to discuss this. He's throwing e-mails at them, they aren't replying, because they're never going to approve it and he's wasting everybody's time.Make a comic. Post it in the art forums. Fine. Don't make a topic saying you might make a comic, particularly if you're massively delusional about it.I'm repeating myself here. But it looks like it really needs spelling out. Common sense, people, do you speak it?- Tilius
Don't worry you're the only one wasting everyone's time. ;)I never said it was official or important. That's all what your own perceptions are telling you ;)You're right I'm not meeting anyone, but I did talk with Taylor on the phone for a great length today. :)Delusional... I only see one person in this thread in which that would describe...No, evidently your innate ideas are lacking common sense.

One person who's right... everyone thinks that they are the protagonist, that's what makes storytelling so great. And you portray that so well because you make it so clear to everyone that you are indeed the one who is in the wrong here yet you say you are correct which makes it even more comical.If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck... It seems like you've earned a reputation on here for a reason; however don't try and attack everyone else in here because you were the one who forgot to throw a bit of actual thought into the mix.

I'm not sure if this topic was indeed approved by bonesiii or not, so I'm taking any action on this topic. But I am sure you that you need to quit and find somewhere else to start a debate, Tilius. Whether or not you're joking about "always being right", this isn't adding to the discussion and it sure isn't helping anyone. If you don't think it's a valid topic, report it (which you did, thank you), and move on (which you didn't.) If it's not allowed, it'll be taken care of. Your input is not needed.
Thank you!Some people obviously have nothing better to do in life than sit on a computer and play the troll.

tomago_banner_1_gif.gif

Lego endorsing something is completely different from what's allowed in a fan-fiction, educate yourself before trying to look smart and end up looking like a fool lmao. AGAIN official story-line is completely different from fan-fiction... There's a reason you're not bonesiii.

Yes, I realise that Lego endorsing it is different to fan fiction. However, Lego is not going to endorse this, which means whatever you make will end up as fan fiction, won't it? It'll be just like everyone else's comics that they post when they've actually finished it and don't do 'I'm planning on making a comic' topics, because they have no point.And also I'm basically the KING of the Bionicle Story Squad, so yes I am basically bonesiii except better. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Lol at tard.

Really?

Don't worry you're the only one wasting everyone's time. ;)I never said it was official or important. That's all what your own perceptions are telling you

Then what is this topic for, and why are you ringing Lego about it?Because you saying that confirms what I just said. That this is fan fiction, there's no involvement with Lego despite you ringing them. Which means the same rules apply to you as they do to others - no 'I'm going to make a comic topics'. You make the comic, THEN post it.

You're right I'm not meeting anyone, but I did talk with Taylor on the phone for a great length today. :)Delusional... I only see one person in this thread in which that would describe...No, evidently your innate ideas are lacking common sense.

Yes, clearly I have no common sense. If you're going to try and argue, why not take your responses beyond simply turning what I say back around on me (even when it doesn't make sense).

One person who's right... everyone thinks that they are the protagonist, that's what makes storytelling so great. And you portray that so well because you make it so clear to everyone that you are indeed the one who is in the wrong here yet you say you are correct which makes it even more comical.If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck... It seems like you've earned a reputation on here for a reason; however don't try and attack everyone else in here because you were the one who forgot to throw a bit of actual thought into the mix.

Again with the turning stuff back around on me when it doesn't even fit. And the rest of your sentences don't even make any sense so I'm not going to try and decipher them.

Thank you!Some people obviously have nothing better to do in life than sit on a computer and play the troll.

Quick explanation of trolling - when you say stuff like 'Gandalf is my favourite Harry Potter character', that's trolling. Being provocative, usually in a funny way, to get a reaction.What I'm doing is telling you why you're wrong. Why post a topic if you can't handle criticism?So, do tell, what is it you're actually doing, and why are you ringing Lego about it? I did ask this previously and you haven't actually answered the question. You probably don't even know.Because right now it looks like you want to make a fan comic. Which is fine. So why do you need to ring Lego about it? What are you specifically asking them about?Do you see how nothing you've said actually makes sense?(Cue response of 'NOTHING YOU SAY MAKES SENSE').Sigh. You're one of those typical posters who blindly laps up praise, and kicks off whenever someone gives you either a reality check or criticism or both. You might as well have said 'blindly postitive posts only' in the first post.- Tilius Edited by Tilius

Wow, nice, and just after I asked for the harsh debating to stop. I'm totally cool with you discussing why this is or isn't a good idea. But keep the personal comments out of it. I'm not just talking to Tilius here, either. If someone says something that you feel is offensive, don't quote them and respond with more offense. Just ignore it, and if you feel the need, report it. And if a staff member asks you to stop, it's time to stop. Thanks. :)I'm going to be locking this unless bonesiii can come in and say he's indeed approved it. Because "preview" topics or unconfirmed information isn't allowed. Once you have some comics done, you're encouraged to post them on BZP if you wish. If they do get approved by LEGO, you're welcome to report it to our news system, though I'm sure LEGO will be letting the public know when they wish for them to know.Topic closed.EDIT: bonesiii approval is confirmed, but B6 has said to please post a new topic in Comics when you have some pages to share, and/or post a topic in Media Discussion if you do indeed get LEGO approval and they let you tell the public. Thanks everyone for understanding!

Edited by Hahli Husky