The Creation Of Tahu: 16Th Chapel Spoof

Dwanny

Title says all.the_creation_of_tahu.jpgAnd here, so you can compare:ORIGINALI must say i am really quite happy with the positions, perhaps too happy.Tahu's serious expression just makes it that much more stupid.And here's how i did it:1: i drew in the human outlines of the two figures, then added the basic shape of the background objects.2: Tahu gets to go first. i drew in the mask, then i added the rest.3: same goes for Mata Nui. i drew him with a mata/nuva body because of the whole "in god's own image" thing (or maybe because i can't draw anything else x3).4: SHADING.5: background polishing, AKA the boring part.6: looking at it critically.7: after some extra polishing, comes another good long stare.8: conclusion: positive.So, hope y'all enjoy it!Comments and constructive criticism appreciated! P.S.- The shade on the left wasn't intentional, it's just my scanner trying to annoy me (and doing a darn good job at it, too). -Dwanny

Edited by Dwanny

well that is too funny. i will admit it has a cheese factor but a good one. can't believe you did a bionicle version of it i like the way you did the three virtues as the cloud ignika would sit on. i will admit i would love to see a colored version which would probably look amazing.i give it a 10/10

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Wow, I love it.Even though it was based on a pre-existing peice, the posing and proportions are almost perfect. And that alone makes it some of the best art I've seen on BZP.Like VF said, the line art could be smoother, especially around the hands. The lines tend to get all wobbly around the hands, and a little around the gears.Seriously though, this is amazing.I'd love to see it colored!

jlovfkk.jpg

... you did something I've wanted to do for ages. <_< (the combination of bionicle and that type of art.)and it turned out brilliant! Love the concept, and the execution. Although maybe this would've looked even more stunning when coloured...Love love love it. <3

Tahu's serious expression just makes it that much more stupid.

IMO it just makes it more awesome, but okay. xDsadly I am too stunned by the looks of the drawing that I can't seem to find much to criticise. Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

i will admit i just now noticed that you did the ignika in the toa mata build form. fits even better with the "in his own image" ideology. i will admit i kinda of agree with the shading thing but i'm no artist so i felt i had no reason to say anything about that. but i still like it and you are still an amazing artist.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

:kaukau: You know, if you look through my various other comments I've often advized people to put their characters in a scene to capture an idea. I think that this is the essence of the message. I love everything about tis spoof.On a side-note, I've drawn Adam's hand in high detail before and have often used Michelangelo's work as inspiration for hand-drawings, so something about these experiences makes this even funnier for me.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Wow, i wasn't expecting such good feedback.

Studying the classics in the way of Bionicle. Very very good indeed! While the line-art could be cleaner and the shading a bit smoother, you did a terrific job of getting the proportions right, which considering the Bionicle-figures, is not too easy. Nicely done!

Really, the proportions were the least of my worries.Yeah, the lines/shading could be better, but this was a pretty small scale project (if i did it any bigger, it wouldn't fit on my scanner).

... you did something I've wanted to do for ages. <_< (the combination of bionicle and that type of art.)and it turned out brilliant! Love the concept, and the execution. Although maybe this would've looked even more stunning when coloured...Love love love it. <3sadly I am too stunned by the looks of the drawing that I can't seem to find much to criticise.

Aw, no critique? :PYeah, i've noticed that many artists on BZP have wanted to do something like this for ages.And on the subject of color, i don't know if i will. Just keeping it plain pencil makes it... How does one say... Squishy?Meh, people who experiment with inking versus pencil might understand me...

:kaukau: You know, if you look through my various other comments I've often advized people to put their characters in a scene to capture an idea. I think that this is the essence of the message. I love everything about tis spoof.On a side-note, I've drawn Adam's hand in high detail before and have often used Michelangelo's work as inspiration for hand-drawings, so something about these experiences makes this even funnier for me.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Yes, i do agree that putting figures in to a scene gives the work more feeling.Really? You use those hands? You don't say! so do i! I've been wanting to make a spoof on this painting for ages!-Dwanny

Y'know, after seeing the concept art from Christian Faber's Vitruvian Man in the form of the Mata Nui robot the other day, I can definitely appreciate a little more artwork with a renaissance inspiration. It's a little funny though, mostly because of how serious they both appear to be. It would be interesting if you colored/expanded upon this at some point. I like it right now though. It's very well done.-Ced

Wow, those poses are pretty much spot on! Though I'm so used to the cape w/ people in it, the area around Mata Nui seems a little blank. (or is that the Ignika?) Anyway, good job!

Ignika, Mata nui, i cant decide.I agree that the area around whatshisface is rather blank, but since i'm not working with color, i cant make whoeveritis stand out, the angels draw to much attention; the drawing becomes messy.