Pbzp C: Chaos Dralcax

So I've had this on the shelf for quite some time now. I can't believe I'm actually posting it, and I'm really proud of it. Now I'm a really fluctuating person when it comes to MOCing; often do I post images of a MOC I'm really proud of as soon as I'm done with it, yet I also sometimes leave them on the shelf for too long without much appreciation. My idiosyncrasies aside, this was requested by Chaos Dralcax around five months ago. He wanted a black Makuta with gold armor and a gold Hau for a mask. I used the Metru Hau and old gold since I don't have a single pearl gold piece (can you believe that?!).chaosd1.jpg_thumb.jpgThe fabric wings were the most amusing part to make. I really hope you like it man!Feel free to leave any comments or constructive criticism, and thanks for viewing!More pictures later, when my camera's recharged probably :P:tohu: Edit: Image thumbnailed due to file size. Please keep posted images in BBC to 100 kB.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

This looks pretty nice. The wings are the best part, they look really cool. However, if possible, the chest armor would look better one Technic hole higher. Also, the legs are kind of a mess, especially from the knees down. The staff looks fine, at least from what I can see at that angle. However, the thumbs probably jut out a bit too much, and the dark grey is slightly annoying.Lastly, is that spray paint on the forearms?

aouROFb.png

This looks pretty nice. The wings are the best part, they look really cool. However, if possible, the chest armor would look better one Technic hole higher. Also, the legs are kind of a mess, especially from the knees down. The staff looks fine, at least from what I can see at that angle. However, the thumbs probably jut out a bit too much, and the dark grey is slightly annoying.Lastly, is that spray paint on the forearms?

Yeah, I'm not too proud of the knees, but his legs were kinda flimsy so I had to fix them with some supports. And when I take better pictures of him (probably sometime real soon), you'll notice that these little quirks aren't that obvious. The dark grey is used only where I absolutely had to, since these pieces don't exist in black.And no. That was permanent marker; I'd colored it for a much older project of mine. I thought these would be perfect for gauntlets.

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Non-purist fabric aside, fantastic wings. I'd suggest moving the shoulders up a stud or two and maybe bringing them closer to the body for a more menacing posture. The legs- particularly lower- are kind of gappy and thin. Some more armor or a reworking would not go amiss. Otherwise, fantastic job, great color scheme and character.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

The body feels a bit generic, and the creative areas just don't appeal to me much. But those wings! Man, those wings are cool! They really feel like the redeeming part of this MOC and the fabric definitely brings them together. Although, I suppose in the place of fabric, a semi-transparent plastic-like material would have worked well too. Kinda like the stuff they used to use in the red and blue 3D glasses. Not sure where you'd find that stuff, but I digress. Decent MOC, incredible wings.-Ced

the wings are so full of win. Really, I love this MOC. However, I would move the chest armor up a stud or two.

"Regardless of your emotional connection to your so-called 'deity,' the continued imprisonment of the entity known as Pandorym is a breach of contract.

Pandorym deserves release."

-Obligatum VII

sprpgbanner.jpg

Join the space police today.

If you hate false links, click here

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/5127 Not mine, support it so I can buy these sets.