Official OTC RPG Request Topic

Than the Moa

Addendum 29/10/12: MAKARU is the final approval on RPGs until further notice.

Addendum 18/03/13: Judges added; Slight approval restructuring

This is where you will post your RPG request. See here for more information.The judges are:Lord of Adders BlackSisenArya Stark

Basilisk

Alex Humva

Tyler Durden

NOTE: Four judges are required to approve an RPG.

Reasons to post in this topic:

-Posting a complete RPG-Posting to say you have fixed your RPG per Judge Suggestions (Please include a link, if your RPG is on another page.)

Reasons not to post in this topic:

-Posting an incomplete RPG-Asking a question-Posting to say you will edit-Posting to tell someone they shouldn't postMembers who are not RPG Judges, cannot post their thoughts in the Approval Topic. However, if a RPG is posted in this topic, and a member who is not a judge has something to say about the game, then they can take the RPG and their post into the Official RPG Planning Topic. If you, the member, wish to be noted with your opinions, then send the GM requesting a Personal Message detailing what you think is wrong about it -- however, posting it in the Official RPG Planning Topic is a better idea, as it allows the rest of the community to say their part.If you are not a Judge you shouldn't be posting in this topic at all, unless submitting a RPG for Approval. Do not post and tell someone that they aren't allowed to post here, it isn't your place to do so; the Judges will handle it.

Edited by Makaru
Add. 18/03/13
  • Upvote 1

Yo.

• 3 months later...

Alright, so here's my new Halo RPG. It's half-reboot, half-new. Basically I've innovated some new ideas to give it a fresh start, but much of it is the same format and design of the original RPG. Also, please forgive the format if everything comes out looking weird. I'm adjusting to the new BZP's behaviour with large posts and the like, and I'll update the thread's appearance to make it more visually pleasing as we go. RPG Halo: Retribution "Your body, your armor - all burned and turned to glass. Everything, except your courage. That, you gave to us. And with it, we can rebuild.”- Dr. Catherine Halsey I am a timeless chorus. Join your voice with mine, and sing victory everlasting The year is 2590. Thirty-seven years after the Human-Covenant War concluded with a pyrrhic victory to the UNSC and their Separatist allies against both the dread Covenant Juggernaut and the ancient, grizzled maw of the Flood. The Sangheili and the other conglomerate races that remained at their side returned to their home worlds to assess the damages therein and begin rebuilding. Humanity, too, returned to the last fertile lands of their domain; so much was lost.. At what cost The events of the War were not enough to turn away the determined Rebel front, and in-fighting between the ex-Covenant races continues to whittle away at what little is left. There is still the concern of the skeleton left behind by the ancient Forerunner Empire: The Halo Array and all other archaic weapons yet to be discovered. Furthermore, some war veterans doubt that the Flood have been completely done away with.. that like the virus they are, the infection still remains, however contained for the moment. Despite these grim circumstances that a Galaxy in ruin is left with, not all is lost. The UNSC and Sangheili remain close, working in tandem to guarantee the protection of the Milky Way against future disasters and to contain any Forerunner weapons of war found. From this bond they have found an uneasy military and economical alliance: for the first time, humanity has access to fresh Plasma weaponry for research, while the Sangheili gain valuable cultural and training experience from the race that so long withstood their might, despite how overpowered they were. What of the other races of the once glorious Covenant? -The Kig-Yar have returned to their former ways, pirating across the former Covenant Empire’s territory, or acting as mercenaries for hire to the highest bidder.-The Jiralhanae, reduced to in-fighting or hunting Sangheili hopelessly, seem to have surrendered up most of their technology and hide in shame on Doisac, quietly forgotten to time.-The Unggoy, always unfortunate, have found little peace in the Post-War: While Sangheili have come to terms of the diminutive alien’s talents and obedience, Kig-Yar and Jiralhanae seem to have no problem enslaving and abusing vast amounts of the population, which as since boomed in the Post-War environment. Those within the UNSC and Sangheili controlled space happily serve under the best treatment they’ve ever received.-The Drones of Palamak serve their Queens mindlessly: the Sangheili have engaged hunts for these Queens with little success, their locations unknown. However, the problem is minimal as the appearance of the buggers has diminished.-The Lekgolo worms and their larger counterparts happily serve the Sangheili, who have more than once proved their honor, valor, and strength: These behemoth colonies have proved invaluable to the restoration of the Sangheili and UNSC might. However, a significant number of colonies seem to have disappeared, perhaps returned to lands of their origin.-Finally, the surviving San’Shyuum have all but disappeared off the radar: Whatever ships escaped from High Charity containing the defeated, hunted race have never been heard from again; they’re thought to have slinked away to nurse the grievous wounds to their society as best as possible, but the race is thought to never recover to its previous might again. ---------------------------------- With the world in such a chaotic, tense peace, one can only wonder why these many races are so quiet. The answer to this question constantly lingers on my mind… Even with the New Breed, the need to feel secure is left unnourished. Please, don’t let my personal thoughts stray your reading of this report on the Status of Postwar Year 2590. Perhaps it’s all in my head; perhaps something new, dreadful, earth-shattering is on the horizon. Do not publish this last paragraph, Lauren. Simply edit and patch through everything else to the O.N.I. Bureau of Postwar Reconstruction.Thanks,Ex-Captain BlakeTable of Contents I. IntroductionII. RulesIII. StaffingIV. RewardsV. Important Locations of the Halo UniverseVI. Species of the Halo UniverseVIa. Playable SpeciesVIb. Non-Playable SpeciesVII. Rankings and NamesVIIa. Species and Their RankingsVIIb. Species and Their Naming SystemVIII. WeaponryIX. VehiclesX. StarcraftXI. FactionsXII. Signup I. Introduction Welcome, one and all, to the Halo RPG! I'll be your host, Vakshaga (though most people call me Vak for short)! Ever wondered what the Halo Universe was like after the end of the war? Well, here we are! You, the players, decide the course of the RPG in more ways than one: it could be anything from creating a valuable alliance to deciding the fate of a large-scale battle. If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask me via PM. I try my best to appeal to the players, and will keep an open mind to any and all questions, suggestions, content, or the like. Now then, for those who do not know me or might need a refreshing of the BZP Rules, let's go on to Exhibit A of the First-Post Tour, shall we? II. The Rules of Halo: Retribution I would like to point this out: Punishments are doled out by a new system unlike most RPG systems: I do not give you direct, 'rule' punishments like the typical RPG. Instead, unless it is among serious or constant offenses, I punish you in game. You will know you're punished when a character of yours suddenly dies or lose all they hold dear. Anything like that. If you want to discuss your punishments, PM me. I will provide warnings and such OOC before dolling out such a punishment.<br /> *Every aspect of BZPowers Forum Rules, The CoT Forum Rules, and RPG Forum Rules are to be obeyed. Failure to do so not only breaks the rules of the RPG itself, but of the website as well.*Watch your offensive language. While snide remarks or cynical phrases are allowed in context, do not verbally assault another player. Obscene words are generally unrecommended and advised to be avoided. However, this is based of an M-Rated Game series, and with use of proper censorship I will allow subtle use of /some/ obscenities to add to the drama of a post.*NO God-Modding. While it is a widespread RPG rule, I see it abused all the time. You're only a single, mortal soldier. You can't take the brunt of a plasma blast to your head, face it. If I catch a player God-Modding AFTER warning them, they will be punished with the death of their character. You may continue the RPG under a new character, but this is a one-chance offer. Continue God-Modding, and you're out.*Do not critically wound or kill another player's character. This rule is only bypassed if the aforementioned player has given you permission, and even then it must mentioned OOC as being approved*Do NOT Flame or Argue with another player! I can not stress this enough; please try to resolve any problems diplomatically. If this can not be achieved, PM me to intervene and work it out. This includes new players who might be unfamiliar with the Halo Universe or unfamiliar with the practice of Role-Playing. Either give them bits of advice with politeness, or leave them to me as I will handle any problems new players create myself.<br />*Don't play protagonist. Every player contributes to the RPG, and while some may become more crucial than others, there will never be a time where I consider a player-character the protagonist of the entire RPG. Neither should you.*No inter-species /love/ relationships. While characters from different species may grow bonds, whether they be rivalry or brotherly, it has proven in the past to be most troublesome for various reasons to have characters from different races fall in love. It should also be noted that if two players wish it, there CAN be a subtle under layer of romance or affection, however actions such as kissing or further are not allowed and unnecessary due to the problems created.*Last but by far the most important rule....Have fun and enjoy yourself! RPGs are meant for the entertainment of its players and building their abilities to interact with others! If you aren't having fun, don't feel obliged to stay against your will! ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ III. Staffing Positions Currently, the RPG is being run by myself and two starting assistants. However, other players who deem themselves as reliable, friendly, and possessing leadership-qualities may become my further Staff to accomdate the RPG as it grows. These players should be regarded as having the powers I would normally have if I have something to attend to that requires absence from BZPower. These players will also answer any questions or resolve any problems in my absence if they possess the answers or solutions needed. However, you will NOT receive this position if I catch wind of you sucking up to me, or if you ask me, as these qualities are not ones that I look for in good assistants. I'll be lookin for Assistants as is, so if you think you're good for the job, prove it don't say it Current Branch of Staff:Leader - Vakshaga/Vak's InfernoAssistant-Leaders - Akaku:Master of Flight, Kini Hawkeye IV. Rewards Players who behave good or participate actively may find themselves given a reward. More detail will be given case-by-case, but rewards can include (Not all rewards apply to every species) enhanced shielding, salvaged Forerunner tech, rank-ups, being given your own squad of NPCs to command, etc. The possibilities are endless and vary depending on the situation. The witty RPer may find rewards for being observant and keeping a sharp mind. Rewards are not a focal point of the RPG, mind you: They're simply little add-ons to reward those who abide by the rules, and to mix up situations a little now and then. ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ V. Important Locations of the Halo Universe Of course, any navigation officer would tell you that Earth is the crowning jewel of the galaxy, but there are other planets of significant importance inhabited by various races- others may still host many undiscovered secrets. Any of these locations may be visited in the RPG. Locations may be added as the RPG progresses. Earth - The home world of the human race, permanently scarred as a result of the Human-Covenant War. Africa suffered the most damage; half of the continent is more or less a glassy crust of dried, broken ground. Human civilization has built around the ashes and restored part of their formal glory. The planet is now guarded by at least 50 various ships at all times as well as 17 of the remaining Orbital Defense Platforms out of the original 300, accompanied by a further 13 replacement Platforms. This is where the UNSC headquarters now operates since the Fall of Reach. Reach - The once mighty and impregnable fortress planet of Reach fell to the Covenant in 2552. However, after the Halo incident, John 117 and a small group of surviving marines discovered the planet was only partially glassed. The fleet had instead searched for Forerunner artifacts on the surface of the planet. Not long after, the Covenant space station Unyielding Hierophant gave call to a massive Covenant fleet, some of which can be assumed to be the fleet that orbited Reach, as their purpose had been ruined by the Instillation 04 survivors. After the war, a small scouting party found that part of Reach was barely habitable, and since then has been terraformed: about 85% of the planet it now habitable, and the population's use of the rich titanium mines is quickly restoring Reach to a state of its former self. Mars - The planet Mars was terraformed many years ago and transformed into a hospitable planet that slowly started to resemble Earth. It also became a chief ship-building facility. The planet was home to a battle near Earth towards the end of the Human-Covenant War. Even though the humans lost, the Loyalists were too focused on Earth to glass the planet. Today, it is the chief manufacturer of weaponry across the UNSC. Chi-Ceti IV - The planet of Chi-Ceti IV was found abandoned as it had been left during the Human-Covenant War. While the research facility was partially melted from angered Covenant patrols that found nothing left to gain, the planet was largely left alone. After the war, a colony settlement party found the planet still in moderately good condition and settlement began. This was the only Outer-Colony planet found in hospitable condition from the pre-war UNSC controlled space. Sanghelios - The home world of the Elite race. The planet is similar to that of Earth, yet is part of a Triple-Star System. The two orbiting moons are Qikost and Suban. The planet has roughly similar climates as that of Earth. The land masses are farther spread apart, and the planet is made up of city-states ran by individual clans. The planet was possibly attacked when the Covenant Civil War started, yet the Elites pride themselves too much to disclose any information on damage. In the past few years, it has been assessed that Sanghelios recieved on minor damage, and that the Elites have focused on restoration of other worlds. Doisac - The Brute home world. The three orbiting moons are Warial, Solrapt, and Teash. The planet was scarred as a result of generations of civil war between Brute clans. The planet has a tropical styled atmosphere in many areas; the rest are magnetic, magma filled wastelands. The planet was only spared from Orbital Bombardment due in part to the in-fighting nature of the Brutes, whom the Elites left to bicker and rot amongst themselves. Balaho - The Grunt home world is mostly frozen over, and the atmosphere is filled with Methane. Some regions of the planet are of a more swampy mix, indicating some mildly warm, hospitable places for the Grunt population to live in relative safety. The planet's atmosphere has small traces of suffering from over industrialization by the Covenant years ago. Since then, the Grunts have been able to repopulate their otherwise thinning race after the war. The planet is protected from Brute and Jackal enslavements by the UNSC-Sangheili Alliance. Its orbiting moons are Buwan and Padpad. Te - The world where the Lekgolo (the worms that make up the body of a Hunter) were found. The surface is hidden by many various gasses, and is rich in Forerunner ruins. These ruins have been eaten away at by Lekgolo worms, and have formed a ring of ionized debris around the main planet. The planet has 25 orbiting satellite moons. Eayn - Technically a moon itself, Eayn is the Jackal home world orbiting the planet Chu'ot. The moon has lighter gravity of that than Earth, which means that the Jackal inhabitants have even faster actions and reactions on Eayn. With an atmosphere similar to Earth, it is here that the Jackals ended their squabbles against eachother and started pirating other ships, namely Covenant before being absorbed into the alien masses. After the Human-Covenant War, the planet has become a black market of sorts; the Jackals will deal with any species so long as they pay well. The planetoid is not considered safe to navigate near due to unrestricted pirating the Jackals are prone to committing. Palamok - The last known Covenant species home world, where the Drones were discovered by the Covenant. The planet has an atmosphere similar to that of Earth, but twice as much gravity. The Drones likely did not originate on Palamok, but instead one of its four orbiting moons. The gravity would otherwise be too much for the Drones to evolve and develop wings. Assistance from Grav-belts allowed them flight on Palamok as well as Earth, where their bodies would still be too heavy for flight in all likelihood. Only one Drone Queen has been discovered here in recent years: it hints at the use of the Drones by other species is continuing. Substance - The gas giant near Installation 05, Delta Halo. After the death of the Gravemind, human and Elite theorists concluded that the flood had returned to their feral ways and were more than likely subdued by the sentinel forces after losing the cohesion the Gravemind gave them. Eiro Jima - A newly discovered planet between Elite and human forces, the planet is largely water based and filled with floating cities of human design, yet built with the alloy Elites used on their armored star craft. The planet was found relatively close to Doisac, and as such even features a single Orbital Defense Platform as well as several ships and satellite surveillance. The planet is a place of trade and rich in resources, making it key to the recovery of Sanghelios and the UNSC-controlled planets. ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~VI. Species of the Halo Universe This section will show you the various playable and non-playable species to be found in the RPG. If you have any further questions about a chosen species that is not answered here, PM me. VIa. Playable: Humans - Need I really provide a description? No. However, I will address the various 'types' that may be played as. Marines: The standard soldiers of the United Nations Space Command, marines are tougher than nails more often than not. Regardless of them being considered the 'basic' military by other species, any marine is renowned and respected for their bravery when the situation is pit against them. Standard Issue Ballistic armor is worn as well as various head pieces. ######-Bringers: The 'pyros' of the UNSC, these soldiers aren't afraid to break out the heat. Wearing protective full-body armor as to not set themselves ablaze, with an extra pack on their back to support sustained flame usage, these units are devastating in close quarters to anyone in their way. ODST: The hardcore soldiers of the UNSC, the ODSTs are trained to be lean, mean, killing machines. Next to Spartans, they are the UNSC's best ground unit, capable of inserting from the atmosphere or space onto a planet's surface in HEVs. ODSTs are equipped with an alternative HUD called VISR, which is best used in dark settings as it can only adjust so much in lit up areas. VISR outlines objectives in Yellow, friendlies in Green, and hostiles in Red. UNSC Marine-Airforce: The pilots of ground-op flight vehicles such as the Hornet or Longsword. These pilots are Marine service men that take care of piloting any available aircraft. When not present, trained Marines may take their place on vehicles such as Pelicans. UNSC Navy: The UNSC Navy has some of the best strategic operations records in history. They are known to outmaneuver superior opponents who would otherwise reduce them to molten slag. These servicemen and women also are responsible for the transportation of the marines around space. Spartain-IIIs: The last remaining super-humans in the UNSC's arsenal. After the Human-Covenant war, nearly all known Spartan IIs were 'M.I.A.' However, Ackerson's research continued and by 2585, a new company of Spartan-IIIs (funded by the Sangheili and UNSC), Delta Company, was born. In this post-war atmosphere, with so few planets to manage, more resources were available to this Spartan Class. While it is smaller due to the lack of gene pool qualifications, the 100-strong Delta Company Spartans sport Mark VI armor, much like their Spartan-II counterparts of many years passed by. Elites - The true name of the Elite race is 'Sangheili', and they some of the fiercest warriors known to mankind. As thoughtful as any human, and as strong as spartans, the Sangheili are not to be underestimated. They have currently become allied to the UNSC, and share space supremacy with the humans. Many Sangheili learned how to replicate the ships they used in the old Covenant thanks in part to the process of Human Reverse-Engineering. There is a Sangheili navy and army; they are skilled at both. Brutes - An ape-like species from the planet Doisac, better known as Jiralhanae. Originally, they were a lower class among the Covenant caste system. However, the last three Heirarchs of the Covenant brought the Jiralhanae to glory in the final days of the Covenant. Brutally strong and capable, the Jiralhanae aren't afraid to tinker with unknown technology. They are much quicker to anger and more primitive than their Sangheili enemies. Jiralhanae can pilot ships and vehicles, and they do so in a vicious manner. The Jiralhanae have 'packs' that are like families. If one falls, the others become enraged, sometimes even beserking. The Jiralhanae now keep to themselves after the loss of the war, but keep patrols with their remaining ships from the Civil War. Grunts - Once used by the Covenant as cannon fodder, the grunts (or Unggoy) were a largely abused species during the reign of the Covenant. When the Civil War started, the Unggoy population was sagging from years of massacre at the hands of humans. The Unggoy are more often than not cowardly, as seen by their decision to stay with whoever currently led them upon the happening of the Civil War. However, it should be noted the Unggoy are capable of fair levels of intelligence, as they can pilot ground vehicles or trick others with carefully chosen words. While cowardly alone, in a pack their confidence is bolstered and they fight ferociously. The Balaho Treaty freed the Unggoy of slavery after the war from various races, allowing them independence. Today, Unggoy either keep to themselves or continue loyal service to the Sangheili. However, there is illegal slave trade of Unggoy currently present. Jackals - The pirates of the space, also known as Kig-Yar, are the Jackals. Even before succession to the old Covenant, they had space flight and naval ships of their own. Eventually the Kig-Yar gave in to the Covenant Armada and began service as elite mercenaries and snipers. After the fall of the Covenant, the Kig-Yar returned to their pirating ways, even possessing a few small Covenant craft. Jackals think mostly for themselves or their mates and hold honor or religion with contempt. There are multiple Subspecies of Kig-Yar that appear differently; the largest two sects are the Marksman Jackals and the Skirmisher Jackals, with Marksman Jackals dominating the species. Hunters - In reality the Hunters (Mgalekgolo) are made up of hundreds of eel-like creatures. When a colony gets large enough, it splits in half, creating a 'pair' of Mgalekgolo. These pairs are referred to as 'bond brothers'. Surprisingly, the Mgalekgolo are capable of speech by vibrating their various eels and rearranging them. These creatures have a habit to be ruthless in combat with a near-unbreakable shield and a Fuel Rod. They will fight in both close combat and distanced combat with surprising effectiveness. Their armor makes them tough to take down. The death of a bond brother inspires rage in the second Mgalekgolo, who will try to avenge their 'brother'. Mgalekgolo are known to recite war poetry and hold honor high. This is why many sided with the Sangheili during the Civil War as the Sangheili were superior combatants and held honor high as well. A few Mgalekgolo sided with the Jiralhanae however, possibly respect to their brute strength. After the war, many Mgalekgolo remained in service to their chosen side. Only a select few attempted to return home and keep the colonies breeding. Engineers - A species created by the ancient Forerunners, also called the Huragok, these floating creatures are not used as a military force but rather a science team of sorts. Built with the intelligence of a supercomputer, Huragok care not for 'sides' and peacefully ignore any conflict around them while they reap what technological advances they can find in the area. Huragok communicate with whistling and sign language, and they hate violence more than many others. The Huragok are protected by both Sangheili and humans, while others may travel freely on undiscovered Forerunner artifacts. Players choosing to use the Engineer should be warned: While equipped with both shielding and possibly light armor, the Huragok cannot fight back by means of hand to hand or vehicle-less engagements. Drones - These insect-like sentients (Yanme'e) are a hive-mind alien capable of flight and creating hives in mere hours. Notoriously well-aimed while in flight, Yanme'e should be taken serious as despite their weak carapace they swarm in large numbers. Yanme'e have a hive-mind and follow the orders of a 'monarch'- usually a queen of their own brood. The only playable Yanme'e are of a special Hive that developed a mutation allowing non-hive mind thoughts, although the creatures still heavily rely on eachother for support and have a heavy family bond. VIb. Non-Playable: Spartan-IIs - The original, successful Spartan Program resulted in Super-Soldiers of unparalleled skill in anything from reaction times to piloting to combat and strength. The Spartan IIs, with their MJOLNIR armor, were very small in quantity, yet they made up for it with quality. ---Reason for being Non-Playable: They'd be in their later 70s or early 80s throughout the events of this RPG, and it is unknown which Spartan-IIs survived to see human-controlled space again. Simply put, they're out of the picture by 2590; the Spartan-IIs have ascended to the status of legends. Prophets - A physically weak race, after the Human-Covenant War they were nearly obliterated. The San'Shyuum seethed with anger at their loss and banishment. The San'Shyuum's main strength came from their ability to harvest Forerunner technology and persuade other species. Now, the San'Shyuum are hidden away on some backwater planet hiding in the shadows, only spared because because of the grevious damage to all parties. Their only weapon of defense are their gravity thrones which may or may not come equipped with weaponry. ---Reason for being Non-Playable: Not enough combat directed use, mainly political and few in number. Also incredibly few in population, reserved useage.<br />*May be an award for experienced RPers later in the RPG. Flood - An alien race of unknown origin. They survive through infecting other, sentient species and massing their bodies to create intelligent leader-like 'Graveminds'. When a strong enough Gravemind is present, the Flood gain cohesion and are more than just mindless corpses. A Gravemind's presence also allows for dangerous 'pure forms' to exist. Flood easily spread their infection once one is released. Suspected as the direct /or/ indirect cause of the Forerunner's disappearance from the Galaxy. ---Reason for being Non-Playable: The Flood would make very poor player-characters. However, it is possible to have your character infected partway; just be aware that if you chose this path, that character will become temporary and most likely die later in the RPG. ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ VII. Rankings and the Naming System The various species of the Halo Universe have diverse ways of being named, as well as their own separate ranking systems. Post-Covenant species still retain the ranks they held in their Covenant Caste.Ranks marked with * are ranks that players of that species may start as. VIIa. Rankings UNSC Marines:(Applies to ODSTs, ######-Bringers, Marines, Spartans) (It should be noted that Enlisted ranks are the only starting ranks, and you may climb the chain of command ladder from wherever you wish to start) *Pvt. 1st Class*Lance Corporal*Sergeant*Staff Sergeant*Gunnery Sergeant*Master/1st SergeantSergeant Major Officer:2nd Lieutenant1st LieutenantCaptainMajorLieutenant ColonelColonelBrigadier GeneralMajor GeneralLieutenant GeneralGeneral UNSC Navy:(applies to shipboard personnel and pilots) (It should be noted that Enlisted ranks are the only starting ranks, and you may climb the chain of command ladder from wherever you wish to start) Enlisted:*Crewmen*Petty Officer 3rd Class*Petty Officer 2nd Class*Petty Officer 1st Class*Chief Petty Officer*Senior Chief Petty Officer*Master Chief Petty Officer Officer:*Ensign*Lieutenant Jr. Grade*LieutenantLieutenant CommanderCommanderCaptainRear Admiral (Lower Half)Rear Admiral (Upper Half)Vice AdmiralAdmiralFleet Admiral Elites: Infantry-*Minor*MajorZealotGeneralField Marshall SpecOps-*Ranger (Flight and Zero-Gee)*Stealth (Spies and Assassins)*Special OperationsSpecial Operations CommanderHonor Guards (Now in service to important Sangheili Figures) Navy- (Note: All personnel except the Supreme Commander can partake in ground engagements)*Minor*Major*ZealotSupreme Commander Brutes Infantry-*Minor*Major*Ultra*Bodyguard (Normally found protecting an important Chieftan) SpecOps-*Stalker (Stealth)*Jump Pack Minor*Jump Pack MajorJump Pack Captain Leaders-*CaptainCaptain MajorCaptain Ultra Chieftans-War ChieftanChieftan Hunters (It should be noted that Hunter players can either play as both Hunters, or can team up with another player to have one Hunter character each)<br /> Infantry-*RegularMajorUltra DroneInfantry-*Workers (bright green)*Worker-Soldier (pale green)*Minor Soldier (blue)*Major Soldier (white)Captain Minor (red)Captain Major (gold) Jackals Infantry-*MinorMajor*SkirmisherSkirmisher Major*Sniper Navy-*Ranger (flying/zero G equipped)*ZealotShipmistress/Shipmaster Grunts Infantry-*Minor*MajorUltra Other-*Heavy*Special Operations*Deacon (religious leader, now used as moral-boosters instead, and are trained in combat) Flood (Non-Playable) Forms-InfectionCombat FormCarrierBomberThrasherSwarmPure Special-Proto-GravemindGravemind VIIb. Naming System Humans - Everyone knows what a human's name is! Humans are allowed, however, to have secondary nicknames. Elites - Examples include: Voro Mantakar, Thel Vadam, etc. The 'ee' suffix was removed when the Elites defected from the Covenant. Brutes - Examples include: Tartar, Tartarus, Macabeus, Rutgar. The 'us' suffix is added when a Brute reaches adulthood. Prophets - Real names unknown. Go by names such as Prophet of Ministry, Prophet of Anger, Prophet of Clarity. Hunters - The given name has three syllables, but the bond name and line name only have two syllables: Waruna Kasu Veelu Engineers - Named for their buoncy (ability to float) Examples: Lighter Than Some, A Bit Too Heavy, Flies Just Right Drones - Unknown if names exist for Drones Jackals - Given a single-syllable name, shipmasters/mistreses have the prefix Chur'R before their name. Grunts - Can be repeating sounds to single-syllables cluttered with consonants. Ex1. Babap, Ex2. Flim ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ VIII. Weaponry Due to the mass destruction all species met during the Human-Covenant War and the Covenant Civil War, weaponry has remained largely unchanged. For the Weapons Section, I will be relying on the use of Wiki Pages to explain it. For those with further questions on specifics, please PM me. If you do not know what species/ranks are permitted to what guns, just submit the weapon you want your character to have and I'll give you amends if needed. http://halo.wikia.co...i/UNSC_Weaponryhttp://halo.wikia.co...venant_Weaponry ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ IX. Vehicles The ground-war arsenal would be incomplete without vehicles to speed up transport or plow through heavily armed enemies. Just as weaponry, the various species of the Covenant and the humans are still using the vehicle models from the Human-Covenant War. UNSC Vehicles:Mongoose - Light Reconnaissance. No Weaponry.Warthog - Light Recon Vehicles. Weapons vary from a light machine gun, to a gauss gun. May sacrifice weapon space for a larger body to carry more soldiers.Wolverine - Anti-Air Vehicle.Cobra - Anti-Armor/Artillery Vehicle.Gremlin - Support Vehicle capable of EMP.Scorpion - Main Battle Tank. Stronger, improved but costly version: Grizzly Main Battle Tank.Rhino - Artillery unit using experimental Plasma.Elephant - Heavily armored mobile command center. UNSC Aircraft:Hornet - UNSC Surface Air support craftSparrowhawk - UNSC Surface Air Support Craft (advanced, experimental plasma weaponry)Falcon - Twin-rotor transport with a chin mounted pilot controlled gun as well as two side guns for personnel to use as well as a 4-man troop bay.Pelican - Troop Transport/Support CraftShortsword - Atmospheric Surface BomberLongsword - Outer Space Single Ship FighterF-99 Unmanned Combat Drone -Surface FighterVulture - Heavy Air Support Craft Covenant Vehicles:Ghost - Light Recon/Attack VehicleBrute Chopper - Brute-specific Light Attack VehicleBrute Prowler - Brute-specific ArmorSpectre - Resembles Brute Prowler in many ways including weaponryShadow - Covenant Transport VehicleWraith - Artillery. There is also an Anti-Air Variant.Locust - Long-range anti-structure VehicleScarab - Heavily Armored Assault ArmorRevenant - Light Attack Vehicle with cut-down Plasma Cannon Artillery Covenant Aircraft:Banshee - Light Air Assault CraftVampire - Anti-Air AircraftSpirit - Dropship, primarily of Elite use.Phantom - Heavy Dropship, extra weaponry.Seraph - Outer Space Single Ship Fighter ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ X. Starcraft The humans, Elites, Brutes, Prophets, and Jackals are all gifted with the ability to pilot massive starships. These were crucial to the Covenant; their superior ship technology is what nearly obliterated mankind. Just as vehicles, and weapons before them, in the span since the end of the war little has changed. However, UNSC Ships were upgraded to carry shielding as well as updated Slipspace Matrixes, increasing the accuracy of jumps. Below are the various active-use ships. UNSC:Frigate - Lightest military starship with one MAC cannon and archer missiles.Destroyer - Heavily armed military starship with a MAC, Archer Missiles, and SHIVA Warheads.Halcyon Cruiser - Out of date cruiser brought back into use during the Human-Covenant War. Can take tremendous punishment due to honey-combed layering within.Marathon Cruiser - Commandeered only by admiralty. Possess 2 MAC guns and dozens of oversized Archer Missile Pods.Carrier - Armored ships whose main armament are the many singleships housed within. Have extra large hangars.Colony Ship - Repurposed colony ships used for heavy ground support.Super Carrier - Heavily armored, very few built. House hundreds of craft and sport a powerful MAC Gun. Covenant: (used by Elites, Brutes, Prophets, Jackals)Agricultural Support - Contains sustenance for a fleet.Frigate - Lightest Covenant shipDestroyer - Heavily armed Covenant ship.Cruiser - Armored ship with no hangar. Five plasma turrets and pulse laser armament. Light Cruiser is a smaller version.CCS-Class - One of many capital ships, heavily armed.Reverence Cruiser - 3 kilometers long, serve as a flagship.Battleship - 2km long with 5 bulbous sections. Heavily armored and armed, has a particle beam weapon that can 'snipe' enemy ships from a distance.<br />Super Cruiser - Huge Cruiser containing hundreds of dropships and ground war materials.Carrier - Capable of holding hundreds of singleships.Assault Carrier - Contains many ships, vehicles, and soldiers. Hangars are enlarge enough to carry two UNSC Frigates and still have room.Super Carrier - Largest ship in the fleet with 5 bulbous sections, a huge hangar, and a bristling weapons armament. ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ XI. Factions The current 'factions' are alliances and truces. The true factions will develop later in the story. At the beginning of the RPG, you do not necessarily need to 'adhere' yourself to a faction, these are merely loose alliances. They also provide species that may be in each group. UNSC-Sangheili Alliance - UNSC, Elites, Engineers, Grunts, Hunters The Remnant - Prophets, Brutes, Jackals, Grunts, Hunters, Drones, Engineers Eayn Insurrection - Jackals, Insurrectionist humans, Insurrectionist Elites, Engineers ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ XII. Player Signup To join the RPG, fill out this form. If you have any questions about your choices for the Signup sheet, PM your question with the profile. All profiles MUST be PM'd to me, not posted on the RPG's actual topic. While filling out the form, please omit the writing in parenthesis. Here we go: BZP Username -Character Name -Species -Affiliation - (navy, infantry, marines, etc.)Rank -Faction -Specialize in - (examples: Explosives, sniping, alien technology/human technology, leadership roles, etc.)Primary Weapon -Side-Arm -Grenade - (You start with 2 of your chosen grenade)Appearance -Biography -

They can't start at -any- rank they want. The asterisks mark the ranks they may start at, and a note right above the ranks clarifies that. It's in red print to stand out. Most of these are low to middle in the chain of command. This appeals to the players who love to start down low and work their way up or enjoy RPing as a rookie, all the way up to characters that may have more experience, some rank, and an ability to give a few orders. This system worked just fine in the previous RPG, and we had no conflictions with it as far as I can recall. Nobody starts in a position of significant influence, and with the ability to have a bit of variations with ranks, there won't -just- be a bunch of Privates or what have you, making it easier for players to group together in entirely player operated squads, etc.

Edited by Gladiator Vak

Many are the legends spoken by the old men with white beards. But perhaps none more so than those of the wizard Sala-Grimna. A powerful sorcerer of long ago, he was said to have mastered the secrets of life itself, granting animation to inanimate lumps of metal. Within a short time he had built up on army of walking metal men, a legion of golems known as the Iron Imperium that swallowed the continent in bloodshed and conquest… But though Sala-Grimna had mastered life, he had not mastered death. He passed through the veil into the shadowed beyond, the passing of millennia erasing all reminders of his empire. His armies vanished into shadow, his fortresses crumbled to dust, even his history became mere mythology. Until roughly two weeks ago. For it was then that the Great Citadel of Sala-Grimna was discovered. A ruin, lying in volcanic wastes, it nevertheless drew attention from all around. The walls were breached and adventurers began drawing out trinkets and baubles from the outer limits. But the real prize was the High Tower in the exact heart of the Citadel. There appeared to be no way to climb the Tower other than ascending the skeletal carcass of a dragon, its bones locked into the masonry. So far attempts to reach the Tower have been greeting with warnings from a trio of enigmatic witches, warnings which turn out prophetic as the expeditions meet with disaster. The remains of the Iron Imperium still haunt the ruins, proving a difficult obstacle for forays to the Tower to overcome. But surely that means that Sala-Grimna's most potent secrets must still remain in the Tower…Do you dare brave the inner limits of the Citadel? Do you dare to try and discover what lies… Up the Carrion Stairs!In BriefYou are in a land of fantasy, a world of swords and sorcery. Centuries ago there was an evil wizard who tried to rule the world, but he is now dead, and you are an explorer looting the ruins of his fortress. There are many locations available if you wish to hunt through them looking for your heart's desire, but exploration is highly encouraged. The ruins are a huge place with plenty of space for new locations. All you need do is look.LayoutFirst Level:- The highest tier of the Citadel, lying on ground level. It is surrounded by a tumbledown wall that no longer keeps people out. The structures get more thickly packed and labyrinthine as you head inwards, and have so far blocked attempts to head directly to the Tower

• [*]Circle of Smog: The outer limits of the first level, this area is mainly old foundries and armouries. The air still hangs thick with cloying smoke from when these factories of war were active. The large buildings are fairly spaced apart, allowing more movement than the as-yet unexplored inner zone[*]Refectory: An old mess hall for the armies of Sala-Grimna, cleared out by adventurers to be used as a base camp and place of rest. Here you can barter with other adventurers, scout for assistance or just recuperate from your wounds[*]High Tower: A monumental obelisk in the dead centre of the Citadel, pointing skywards like an attempt to harpoon the gods themselves. This is Sala-Grimna's personal residence, and no doubt where his treasures and secrets now rest. Its defences prevent easy approach, such as flight or magical transportation. Explorers have found this out the hard way[*]Carrion Stairs: Around the High Tower are wrapped the remains of a great dragon, its body decayed and worm-ridden. Its head rests by a balcony protruding from the Tower, while its tail and wings trail amongst the ground. This seems to be the only way of getting into the Tower

Second Level:- Multiple ventures into the cellars in the Circle of Smog led to a whole lower tier being excavated. There must have been water-eroded caverns here, which were converted to suit Sala-Grimna's dire purposes

• [*]Dungeons: The natural caves made a marvellous environment to convert into a network of prisons to detain Sala-Grimna's many, many, many enemies. The conditions are dank and dismal, and the whole place is crawling with undead.[*]Treasure Vault: This room is either a sadistic joke or a cunning attempt at deceiving treasure-seeking spells. Larger than any banqueting hall, the ceiling is riddled with holes that liberally pour out coins, jewels and gold pieces. There are mountains of money and stacks of silver just lying around. The cruel twist? It fades away and vanishes should it be touched.[*]Great Cistern: A solidly-built construction designed to store water. Over the years it has been filled to the brim with rain-water, and is overflowing. The room storing it is constantly moist and infested with moulds. You could catch your death simply by breathing in this room too long, and the vast water reserve doesn't look too good for your health either

Third Layer:- Having discovered the second level, explorers were confident of uncovering a third by following the Great Cisterns pipes, and they were proved accurate.

• [*]Sluice Tunnels: A web of mildew-stained tunnels leading off from the Great Cistern and designed to deliver water all through the Citadel. Sometimes lined with the remains of metal piping, but more or less in a state of disrepair and disuse[*]Sala-Grimna's Garden: Part greenhouse, part alchemy lab, this is where the sorcerer grew the exotic plantlife he needed for use in elaborate potions. A lot of these plant are dangerous in their own right, and some have been altered by time and magic to even more lethal states. This area is usually free of enemies, probably because of the inherent danger[*]Forgotten Catacombs: A series of tunnels and caves left unused by Sala-Grimna. They have nevertheless been explored and scouted out. They are wild and untamed, and there is no real way of keeping them clear of enemies. Expect danger if you dare the Catacombs

Fourth Layer:- Only recently discovered, little is known about this lowest layer of the Citadel. The lack of knowledge and abundance of natural hazards mean that only the boldest dare to tread in this dark and silent abyss

• [*]Lower Catacombs: A section of the Catacombs above that have either collapsed or simply veer downwards. These lower tunnels are much more claustrophobic, with less space and less light. They have at least been partially explored though, unlike...[*]Hive of Shadows: No-one has yet ventured here, preferring to spend their time penetrating the First Level. Will you be the first?

EnemiesDuergar: Small in stature and puny in both mental and physical strength, the Duergar are the natural residents of the caves where Sala-Grimna built his Citadel. Their flesh is pale and loose and their eyes are completely white, a result of years underground. They clad themselves in boiled leather armour to protect their skin and goggles to aid their sight, though they are capable of hunting by sound or smell. They mainly wield small pickaxes or hammers, mining tools they have converted, and fight in numbers to swarm an enemy.Puca: Another species of natural cave dwellers, Sala-Grimna encountered them in his campaigns, and after finding them useless in his armies exported the entire population back to his citadel. The Puca are just as small and weak as the Duergar, though have a few more advantages. Their sallow skin is tougher, their sight is better, but their true strength is their ability to use magic. They seem to have learnt the skills of a Bard, and can weave their own laughter or the screams of the dying into spellsUndead: In the days of old the vast majority of Sala-Grimna's conquering horde would have been comprised of undead warriors. Be they skeletal warriors or lurching meatshields they are always tough and formidable foes, hard to defeat and only truly defeated through complete immolation. They have a wide variety of skills in battle often depending on who they were before death, some favouring heavy weapons while some favour archery. Some bear marks of Sala-Grimna's experimentation, hideous deformities or weaponry fused to their limbs. But whatever they look like, whatever they wield, their eyes all burn with the same hate and bloodlust,Salas-Jimm: In his early conquering days, Sala-Grimna used his magic to impress a primitive race of serpentmen, who now bear a mutilated form of his name, into worshipping him. They dedicated their entire civilization to him, and were lost without him; most of them died. The last remnant of their race now occupies this citadel, their holy city. In form, they resemble serpents of an average of three metres long, with another two metres of length in upward-held height. Their faces are half serpentine and half human, and they have humanoid arms, although no legs.Iron Golems: To this day no-one knows what sorcery animates these huge metal juggernauts. In their prime they would have been terrifying shock troopers, ten feet tall and gleaming black. Less so these days. They are stained orange and brown with rust, and appear mangled and lopsided after years of repairing themselves with only the Duergar for help. But while their appearance has become less intimidating their skill has not. If you are alone and encounter one of these, you're only real hope is to run. They will not tire, they will not give up, they will pay no heed to damage. There have been a few encounters with these metal monsters, and on only one occasion was the Golem destroyedClassesFighter: Members of this class are generalists, using a wide variety of skills to aid them in combat. They can be fast or strong, play it defensive or go on the assault. They usually know some small magics to aid them, perhaps a charm or two on their weapon.Mage: Powerhouses of sorcery and enchantment, mages are experts at magic and witchcraft. Their attacks tend to be bombastic and low on subtlety, but are fast and effective. Explosive fireballs and destructive whirlwinds are a mage's style. However their extensive studies in ancient lore have left them less physically able than the other classes.Bard: Do not be fooled by the ways of the Bard, they may wax lyrical and carry instruments but they are just as lethal as any mage. Their magic depends on extensive poetic spells, and is channelled through instruments or their own voices. Their magic is quieter than a mage's, tending towards psychic abilities, illusion, shapeshifting or healing.Champion: Fierce warriors of martial might, the champions specialise in physical combat. They're usually bulked up with muscle and bedecked in armour, ready to charge into the fray like a cleaver into meat.Royal: Growing up in privilege and luxury has left the royals with very little in the way of skills. They might dabble in magic a little, they might have some training in combat. But their real threat is in their entourage. A Royal has an entourage of five others following in their footsteps to assist them in their quest. Profiles: Player Profile:Username:Name:Age (if your race ages slower/faster than humans do, give both their age in years and then their biological age in humans terms):Race:Gender:Equipment:Appearance:Personality:Alignment:Bio (Short history of your character, explaining their motivations and reasons for adventuring, etc.): Race Profile:Race:Physical Description:Traits:Homeland:Rules:All BZPower rules apply, be they overall, COT, etc. This especially goes for no spamming, flaming, trolling, and the like, as well as the fact that you MUST keep everything PG-13 as the absolute maximum, and when at all possible keep it PG or less.Don't OOC too much; the odd necessary OOC post is fine, but if a conversation starts, please take it to PM.Please either use OOC: or triple parantheses ((())) to indentify when you are posting out-of-character; and if you have an OOC section to your post, please put IC: at the beginning of your in-character part.DO NOT godmod; that is, you cannot take control of another player's character without their explicit permission. Also, you are NOT all-powerful, nor invulnerable, and certainly not invincible. You won't win every fight, or land every blow, or dodge every blow. You WILL be injured sometimes, and those injuries DO hurt, long-term.You may not kill another character without that players' explicit permission.No autohitting; you must give players a chance to dodge or counteract you blow.All players get a maximum of three characters. In order to create a standardized (and thus fairer) method of reward and punishment, I have developed a model based off of BZP's proto system:All players (excepting staff) star with 0 points when they join. They can recieve points for particularly good pieces of roleplaying, being particularly helpful to new players or the staff, etc. They lose points for breaking the rules.Players can get a maximum of 3 points, or go down as low as -3 points.How the point levels work:-3 points: Oh dear. One of you characters will suffer an unpleasant death (how will be decided on a case-by-case basis), and you will not get that slot back until you work your way back up to 0 points. Also, your remaining characters will suffer an in-game detriment and you will be given a 48-hour ban to think about what you've done. If you break any more rules while at this level you will be permanently banned from the game.-2 points: Naughty, naughty. One of your characters will suffer in-game (how will be decided on a case-by-case basis).-1 points: A warning not to do it again.0 points: The default. You get three slots for three normal characters.1 point: A pat on the back and encouragement to keep up the good work!2 points: One of your characters will recieve a reward, to be decided on a case-by-case basis.3 points: All of your characters will recieve an in-game reward and you will get a fourth character slot, which can be kept so long as you stay above 0 points. Also, any future staff members will be chosen from the ranks of these players.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

Vak's Halo TBRPG: There's just a formatting issue with the Table of Contents that could use a space above it, for visual flow's sake, and the instances of hash marks (####) should prolly be reworded or removed (as they're kinda pointless like that, no?). There's also one coding error I noticed underneath the "Prophets" section. But since these are just minor issues that are really easy fixes, I'll approve the game regardless~ TBRPG: Halo Retribution: Approved (2) Up the Carrion Stairs!: Approved (2)

Starscape Isolated from the rest of the galaxy by a vast gulf of burnspace, the Starscape Clusters are thick with life. All sorts of species thrive on these worlds, growing, rising, and falling. And when life is present, thought follows soon after. Sentient worlds are arising, turning their factories towards starships and launching those starships towards the stars. Space is a deadly and unforgiving place; will you master it through manipulation and knowledge, or through the might of your mighty battleships? For you are the leader of your race. Lead it well. --- Starscape is set in a region of space known as, what do you know, Starscape. Thousands of stars abound, but only a select few hold planets suitable for life, and all of them are hotly contested by other races. Maps:(Credit to Alex Humva) Sector 1: http://www.majhost.c...s/sector1sc.jpg Sector 2: http://www.majhost.c...s/sector2sc.jpg Color Key: http://www.majhost.c...us/colorkey.png You begin with a single planet, your species' Homeworld. For the sake of simplicity, each star system contains at least one habitable world for your species to live on, and the resources needed to begin space travel. In addition, you may either choose to begin with two Inner Colony Worlds, or four Colonizer ships ready. If you pick the former, those two worlds were colonized by slower than light ships before your race developed star travel. Interacting With An Entire Universe Controlling an entire species may seem hard at first, but it's simple to get the hang of. Here's a quick example IC: Alarms sounded aboard the Skelvan Battleship as radar signatures from the edge of the radar's range came in; four ships, Alansik by their configuration, had appeared some two million miles away. Knowing that was far outside missile range, the Skelvan Captain gave the order to sight in with his Frigate's laser. A kill at this range would be the wildest stroke of luck, but he had to try, knowing reinforcements would be arriving as soon as they could, since the planet's warning system sent out the alert the moment the radar signatures came in. IC: “Transition successful, all systems nominal, wait.” A lieutenant on the Alansik lead cruiser reported. “Laser damage to the outer skin of the ship. Looks like they're hitting us already. Minimal damage, but that means they've found us.” The Alansik Captain sighed, and gave the order to move at full burn towards the Skelvan planet. Now, the important part here is that the player controlling the Alansik let the Skelvan player have the hit; if he'd just declared the Laser was an outright miss, it wouldn't be fair. But by ensuring the Skelvan's laser didn't do much damage, and it wouldn't at that range, he kept it fair for both sides but still sensible. And that's the most important part, keep it fair but sensible. Don't go breaking any laws of physics. Faster Than Light Travel: The ability to travel faster than light, without the relativistic consequences that entails, is utterly critical to a spacefaring empire. Without it, worlds can only be reached by generations of slow rocket travel. The Jump Drive is a possibility realized late in any race's existence, long after they've usually begun exploring their own solar system. The mathematics of the jump drive are beyond most people, so instead you get a practical explanation. A Jump Drive cannot operate deep in a gravity well. In orbit of a planet, the gravity becomes so strong that any ships trying to do so are torn apart by the brief moment of transition, where the laws of physics remake themselves in new and exciting ways. Thus, a distance of two million kilometers from any terrestrial planet is advised, though you could risk it at one million. Remember that larger gravity wells, like gas giants, stars, and black holes, require longer distances away. This also applies to jumping into space near a gravity well, which as an early warning system for the planet's defenders. In addition, Jumps, while taking less than a milisecond, do not have infinite range. One can direct the Jump Drive in a certain direction, but the Jump Drive will go towards the most powerful gravity well in that direction. This almost always means the closest, as well, so ships can only jump from one system to the nearest. In addition, a Jump Drive requires roughly an hour after jumping to vent excess radiation before it can be used again. There are also so called “Burnspace Zones” These areas are small pockets of space where it is impossible to make a jump into or out of. A massive spherical shell of burnspace surrounds the Orion Arm, locking ships inside. Burnspace Zones also make good places to hide something you want to keep secret. Their origin and nature are not well known. The inverse of Burnspace Zones, “Sweet Spots” are areas where an entire solar system's gravitational pull is equal in every direction, created only occasionally by the differing speeds of planets orbiting their star(s). These allow for ships to jump away or from their destinations far, far closer than normal. You may only use a Sweet Spot in an area you control or in an area you have detailed astronomical data on. For combat, these must be used with GM approval, but once a sweet spot is used, if the ships using it were seen by another party, that sweet spot can be used by anyone until it disappears, which a GM will decide when it happens. Communication: Faster than Light Communication sends electromagnetic waves, not mass, and is not limited by the above. You can communicate with all your worlds, and with any race who gives you their contact information. Industry Now, the amount and size of spaceships you can field depends on how many worlds you control, and how industrialized those worlds are. Each world is classed by its industrial output on a rating of -2 through 5, 5 being the highest a planet can reasonably reach. Each level has a “maturing time” which is the length of real world time it takes to grow to the next level. -2: Colony: This world is dependent on the rest of the empire for resources and population. 1 Week Growth -1: Protectorate: The world is beginning to establish its own industry and farming, but is still dependent on the rest of the empire. It may produce one resource and ship it out in exchange for the goods it imports. 1 Week Growth 0: Self-sustaining: With a zero sum survival based economy, this world can support its own population with everything they require, but its industrial output is negligible. 1 Week Growth. 1: Outer World: This world can support a very small space-navy, and has minor interstellar shipping and transport. 2 Weeks Growth. 2: Inner World: This world can support a good sized navy, and is possibly exports a good amount of goods. 3 Weeks Growth 3: Core World: This world has an excellent industrial output and can export several different resources in addition to supporting a navy. 4 Weeks Growth 4: Forge World: Massive industrial output; supports a good portion of the local navy and exports manufactured goods throughout the region. 5 Weeks Growth. 5: Homeworld: This planet is the only classification capable of producing Colonizers and putting out the population required. Valued as much for their status as centers of trade and government as for their massive industrial output. Your first planet starts at this level. A planet contributes a number of “Industry Points” equal to its level number(above) to an empire's total industry. For example, an empire consisting of a Homeworld, an Inner Worlds, a Core World, and a Colony would have a total Industry of 8(5+2+3-2=8) Thus, this empire can field 8 points worth of ships. This represents everything that it takes to field a ship, from paying and feeding the crew, replacing those members who die, upgrading and refitting the ship occasionally, repairs after a battle, and, most expensively, fueling the ship. Ships Each ship is divided into one of several classes, according to their size and upkeep. Actual roles within these classes can vary wildly, but it is mainly the size of a ship that determines how much industry must be devoted to maintaining it. Fighter: Small, one to five man ships with minimal armor and weapons, mainly used to attack larger ships and defend large ships from other fighters. Not capable of FTL travel, so they must be moved by Carriers or stationed on Starbases. Industry Cost: 0 Small: Frigates and Gunboats, crew sizes range depending on the race. Small ships are usually employed either as Fighter hunters, Scout ships, Stealth craft, and the like, and can be fielded in large numbers.Industry Cost: 1 for 4 Small Ships Medium: Cruisers, destroyers, and the like are classed as Medium ships; they can be fielded in numbers and they are useful for force projection as well as defense, making them an ideal ship of the line; these should make up the majority of any self-respecting fleet. Industry Cost: 1 Large: Battleships and Dreadnoughts are the ships that capture the hearts and minds of the masses; great, powerful ships with enormous weapon batteries, blasting holes in enemy fleets and destroying entire cities with a few barrages. Even the rumor of a large ship being present can change the tide of war. In addition, battleships can mount your Racial Superweapon; what this weapon does is up to you, but make it powerful and creative. Despite their use as an intimidation weapon and morale booster, Large ships are rather impractical, given their upkeep cost. Industry Cost: 3 Colonizers: Not necessarily one ship, perhaps a whole fleet, a colonizer is part transport, part mass-terraforming system. Colonizers are warp capable, and used to expand your empire. Only Homeworlds may build them. They are expensive to keep up, but are usually a temporary measure. The entire colonizer is recycled by the newly landed colonists, and thus cannot be re-used. Industry Cost: 4 Carriers: A modification to an existing ship, for each Carrier Bay added to a ship, its Upkeep increases by one. Starbases: Usually placed orbiting a planet, Starbases are large defensive measures used to protect a planet with orbital guns in addition to providing a docking harbor for ships which cannot land. Immobile, anchored over a planet. Carries twenty Fighters. Can make battlefield repairs on ships during a battle. Industry Cost: 1 for 3 Starbases Note: You may begin the game with one of the two following options 1: Two Star Systems adjacent to your Homeworld have been colonized in the past by Slower Than Light Travel. These worlds begin as Inner Worlds(Industry 2) 2: Your species has planned for the invention of the Jump Drive; You may start with four Colonizer ships. For the first week of gameplay, your Industry suffers no negative modifiers from Colonizers or Planets, as they have in advance prepared a surplus of items the colonists will need. Also, no matter which option you choose, you begin the game with a single unarmed Small ship. Build Times: Each ship is a massive industrial undertaking by the world it was built by; think what the International Space Station has taken Earth; twenty years of work and it's a flimsy station that would be annihilated with a single missile. Better materials and industrial methods cut that down, but it's still a huge undertaking. Each ship class takes a certain amount of real world time to produce. Fighters: 3 Days for 10 Small: 1 Week for 2 Medium: 1 Week Large: 2 Weeks Colonizers: 2 Weeks Starbases: 1 Week Gun Sizes: Each weapon takes up a fit amount of space, power, and crew. To this end, each Weapon Size takes up a certain amount of Weapon Slots, and each ship has so many Weapon Slots. Small Weapons: Of the scale one might mount as a Main Battle Tank's Main Gun, these weapons are effective against small ships for their rate of fire and low power requirements, but can't do enough damage to slice through larger ships' armor. 1 Slot Medium Guns: Generally a Small Ship's single main gun, and a standard weapon on a Medium Ship. Capable of being used against any ship type, but ideally used against Small and Medium Ships. 4 Slots Large Guns: Used for bombarding enemy planets and destroying Battleships and Starbases, a Large Gun is usually so long it takes up the length of a Battleship. Thus, it cannot track its targets quickly enough to hit Fighters or Small ships, but it is devastating against what it can hit. 7 Slots Superweapon: Mounted only on Large ships, Superweapons are capable of utterly destroying a single ship, or carving large holes in enemy fleets. A ship only carries a single Superweapon Charge before it needs to return to a port to reload(which cannot be done mid battle) Superweapons take up their own slot. Superweapons also encourage the most creativity out of all the weapons, since they will likely define your Navy to other players. Carrier Bays: Allows ships to carry fighters and dropships inside. 10 per bay, limit 2 per ship. 5 Slots, Not allowed on Fighters. Point Defense Systems: 1 Slot, fires on incoming missiles and fighters, etc. Useless versus Lasers, Plasma, Bullets, that sort of thing. Fighter: 3 Slots Small: 7 Slots Medium: 10 Slots Large: 15 Slots, one Superweapon Slot Starbase: 17 Slots Technology Ban List Time TravelEnergy ShieldsLightsabersBlack Hole GunsSpacetime-Fabric ProjectorsTeleportationEverything SensorsArtificial Gravity(besides spinning sections on ships) Rules 1: BZP Rules Apply2: Use IC, OOC, and OICwhatudidthar3: No godmoding, auto-hitting, or auto dodging4: Yarn5: Be respectful. These are other people's thoughts, work, and in a lot of cases, opinions out in text, so be nice.6: If you don't know of a scientific or practical reason you couldn't do it, you can try it. It might get shot down by the GMs, though. Try anyway, we might be asleep :P Warning System: Be good to the Game Masters, or this sort of thing will happen to you. 1: Warning2: Warning3: A Sweet Spot opens up on one of your border worlds, well inside your defenses. Enjoy dealing with the invasion.4: One of your planets is lost to calamity. Perhaps a nanobot uprising, or perhaps a viral plague. Whatever happens, one planet's worth of your species extinct5: That Calamity from earlier? It spreads. Start over with a new species.6: Banned. Species Profile(PM this to me) Username: (Obvious)Species Name: (Make it interesting!)Description: (Physical appearance, psychological details, government system, etc.)History: (Why are they in space? Why do they use the government they do? Details like that)Homeworld Name: (Humans call our planet Earth for a reason. Why do these people call their world what they do?)Homeworld Location: (Try for one that's not taken.) Ship Class Profile:(Like in the real world, ships will usually be built follow the blueprints of an earlier one. This becomes known as a Class. Also, be creative with your ship naming. Maybe a neat theme, or something.) Class Name: (Generally, a ship is named, and members of its class follow the theme, like how American Aircraft Carriers are named after Admirals or Presidents.)Class Size: (Fighter, Small, Medium, Large)Class Function And Description: (Some ships are generalists, others are specialists for one role. Give us a quick explanation here.)Class Weapons: (Keep it realistic, can't put three hundred guns on a fighter.) Weapon Profile: Fill this out and add it to your profiles so we know what you're talking about in your ship profiles. Name: (Either describe its function or be creative. "Autocannon" works just as well as "Super Megalaser of Death" or "Yarn Gun")Weapon Size: (Small, medium, large, superweapon)Mechanics: (No need to explain stuff like lasers, but if you're making up an exotic weapon, be sure to explain how it works. If you want to help show off, Lloyd, The White Wolf has made a banner, which can be found Here.

Edited by Your Friend Doctor Robert
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

TptI: Those colored squares are planets people have already claimed(Humva's working on a key) Setting a Colony up takes no out of game time at all, it's the two weeks of it being a drain on your industry that represent getting it on its feet.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

The Text Based Role Playing Game known as "Scarscrape" is hereby granted the Imperial Seal of Approval of His Royal Majesty, EmperorWhenua, the first of his name. This approval shall be known as the Fourth decree of its sort, and shall direct the member known as "Your Friend Doctor Robert" to go pester Sisen, for it is good.

They walk as Banished. Were I to die tonight, all my desires but for these words to be written would be fulfilled. That possibility need not be considered hopeless. October 23rd, 2011. 3:04 AM. Blood has been seeping through the roof for nine hours and forty-three minutes. Screams for nearly twice that. Sleep is a pleasure I cannot allow my eyes. Sleep is a pleasure for the innocent--my eyes have witnessed that ultimate thief of innocence. I will not rest until my suddenly limited time upon Earth is complete. They have yet to discover this basement. 'They' is a pronoun I sorely yearn I could specify. They appear to be no more than silhouettes, bounded by two dimensions. Yet they stand upright. They stalk the shadows. They are shadows themselves, of deformities monstrously hellish and otherworldly. They are the curse not even the devil wishes upon the Enemy. In a single night, my own New Mexico has fallen. A week will see America's crumbling, a fortnight the world's. I have no doubt that death will span the planet as a demonic flood with in an angel's blink. And I can do nothing for my brethren but watch them fall prey to this ungodly menace. There is no hope in idleness. Dear reader--I write this eulogy for you--there is little hope at all. Faith is a lie, I promise you that. Abandon your children and your lover and take up arms, for only in resistance can you find momentary survival. Or swift doom. Doom, though, is imminent. It can only be staved off. * * * November 24th, 2011. My food source was depleted two weeks ago. Due to quite literally nonstop battle this is the first free moment I have found when my body was not possessed by an unholy urge to drift into unconsciousness to resume keeping this diary. Several others besides myself have found equally safe--or something reminiscent of it--hideouts, and faced equally challenging circumstances. We have been forced to fight, as I predicted. We have formed a sort of First Resistance--I use that title with the definite knowledge that others with emerge. Time will leave them with no option but retaliation, or death. The Hive knows no mercy. Several days of warily scouring New Mexico's grounds in search of like-minded survivors have revealed that there truly is no safety. The path of carnage is more focused in certain areas, though, and it seems to be leading towards a central sort of a headquarters--there is a plain near the center of the state from which the creatures originated. The sun sheds no light over it. Fittingly, it is perpetually night there. Sidney MacIntyre, a 33-year-old ex-soldier and resistance member who has proved particularly adept with a gun, has nicknamed it the Evergray. The name has caught on with the troops. That word has become instinctive. We grow less and less like feeling individuals and more like an emotion-drained army with each passing settling of the sun behind that bleak horizon. * * * January 19th, 2012. MacIntyre defected three days ago. Well, formally defected. He'd mentally been on a vastly different plane than us from his entrance. The First Resistance's battle technique is one primarily concerned with stealth. We value, by unwritten law we have all learned to accept in this anarchist reality, the survival of our own troops above that of the Hive's, and so we fight guerrilla warfare. We adopt their technique. We keep to the shadows and lurk in the corners of the night. MacIntyre preferred a much more...direct approach. He has brought seven men to their deaths in a two-month period due to recklessness, or as he labels it, 'fatal efficiency.' Nonetheless, his defection gained him followers. Our numbers dwindle by the day, whether it be due to starvation, defection, or murder. I suppose this marks a certain point in the history of the event. A new faction has been formed. I sincerely hope it is more effective than suicidal. The Hive is spreading. * * * May 19th, 2012--A breakthrough! At last! A remarkable, albeit violent encounter with one of the Hive revealed to me th[fragment ripped from entry][Next page--]Imagine the implications! Humanity may emerge victorious at last! * * * December 31st, 2012. If there is a single thing that is definite in my mind, it is the survival of mankind in the face of even the most wicked and supernatural of evils. I have seen many terrible things and grown ancient in a single year, yet have been graced by the presence of beauty. The sheer will of man is unwavering, unending, and it is this that carries him to high heaven. The army has become an accepted form of living. Children are raised with knives in their pockets, and as sadistic as that first appears, deeper analysis reveals a sort of beauty to be admired in that. The First Resistance has born witness to the emergence of MacIntyre's forces as well as that of the scientist Klaus Heizenbaum, whose technological revolution in warfare weaponry is unprecedented. It is a sad world where war is life, but when that is the only one you know you learn to seek out beauty in the shadows. We will kill the Hive to the last demon-spawn. --Dr. Jameson Carter (1963-2013)

[THE HIVE banner here]

In Brief The year is 2065. Fifty-one years ago, the Hive attacked. Terrifically monstrous, hive-minded creatures who take the form of vaguely human silhouettes, their purpose is unknown, but their modus operandi is clearly merciless onslaught. The popular theory is conquest--they emerged from the Evergray, a onetime-plain in New Mexico trapped in perpetual night, to eradicate mankind and take possession of the Earth. Mankind, though, has done an efficient job of defending itself. The battle is restricted to the American shores. Three factions have formed as separate armies. Originally, they served as allied entities, but the horrors of wartime have placed brother against brother, and rivalries have formed. Allegiances are in title only, and friend is no more friend than enemy. In The Hive, you play as a member of one of the four factions--the troops of Carter, MacIntyre, Heizenbaum, or the Hive itself--or perhaps you will invent and popularize a new faction entirely. Under constant threat to survival, you can choose to take part in the present war or start your own, or seek to end it, abandoning the harsh reality of bloodshed to discover the origins and weaknesses of the Hive, uncovering secrets more horrifying and ancient than time itself.

Factions The Hive The Hive is madness incarnate. Their intent is clear--world domination--though even to themselves, their origins are unknown. Their memory is limited to their emergence from the Evergray, and prior to that they recall only swirling, chaotic shadow. It has been speculated that to discover their history is t discover their ultimate weakness, the ultimate end to the war. They spawn from the Evergray, a plain in central New Mexico where it is permanently night, and spread throughout America in search of human blood. Once any area they attack has become wiped of all human life they establish a sort of fortress. They need no rest or nourishment, however, so these bases appear to be simply marks of territory. They kill their victims by rendering them immobile--their touch is pain--and literally swallowing them, absorbing their life force. Though they appear two-dimensional, a shadow can be effectively killed by blade or gunshot, as a human. As the name suggests, the Hive monsters are hive-minded--they share a single consciousness, yet countless shadow-demons exist. One mind, many bodies. In terms of RPing, any RPer at all can come along and make a post for the Hive--no need for a profile, since the Hive is technically really one character. As such, although the big plot-twists initiated by the Hive will be set up by yours truly, activity of the Hive is controlled primarily by every single member of the RPG (RPer's note--be sure to check up on all the Hive's posts by your coworkin' RPers, highlighted in grey [check out the rules down below], to make sure you haven't missed any of the action!). The First Resistance Founded by the original rebel, poet, psychologist, and philosopher Dr. Jameson Carter, the First Resistance operates in the shadows, fitting for a world overrun by them. Stealth is their priority, efficient both in areas of effectively dispatching the Hive and maintaining the lives of their own members. Upon formal entrance, your previous identity is erased from all governmental files and a nickname is adopted--the current leader of the FR is known as Wild One. To maintain anonymity, the FR is not based at a particular headquarters; rather, troops are based at hundreds of smaller, more inconspicuous locations nationally. A majority of these mini-bases are disguised as abandoned houses or other such regular sightings that detract attention from them. The FR's weapons department distributes to FR troops what the boys in the basement refer to as 'stealth auxiliary weaponry,' more commonly referred to as SAW. SAW is, as the title suggests, less commonly used and less direct weaponry more suited to the techniques of the FR--devices that render the user visually similar to his surroundings for camouflage purposes, trackers and hidden cameras, blades that don't make a mess, and the like. The FR's mission has adopted to being more concerned with infiltrating the Evergray and other minor Hive fortresses so as to uncover their secrets than with the war itself, though their members are just as much trained soldiers as any other in modern America. MacIntyre's Bloodsworn The Bloodsworn are recognized by a three-pronged, slash-shaped brand on their forehead, worn proudly as a symbol of their membership of MacIntyre's regiment. MacIntyre himself, at 84, is hardly fit to fight, but he has carved a militarily beautiful army from his residence in the Pentagon, the onetime-US military base in Virginia. As he has preached in his famously vigorous speeches on innumerable occasions, the Bloodsworn is not just an army, it is a lifestyle. A soldier is not served food from a plate--he hunts for his meals, and similarly builds every other aspect of his life. The highest-ranking troops in the Bloodsworn are those who expended blood sweat and tears to get there. MacIntyre's typical soldier views the general as near-godly, holds his own value in a near-arrogant esteem and pride, spends his mornings and evenings increasing his physical bulk, and his afternoons viciously eliminating any and all creatures of the Hive. Despite the apparently demanding lifestyle, the Bloodsworn have attracted vast numbers of recruits--they have proved highly efficient in their method of winning their war, if one disregards their initiation of a dozens of minor quarrels with other factions. The nightlife of a soldier as well is one of total freedom--where as other factions generally 'turn their men into robots,' as MacIntyre has eloquently stated, 'we have the most fun.' Nucleus Founded by Klaus Heizenbaum and currently headed by his utterly brilliant 19-year-old son Albert, Nucleus specializes in nothing more than global revolution. To make an understatement, 'zealous' best describes their members, though 'obsessed' may be more accurate. Their technological advancement is astonishing and progresses at an uncanny rate--and they're not sharing. To join Nucleus, a test on all basic and higher-level sciences must be passed, so its membership is disturbingly genius, albeit small. To give a basic idea of the kind of technology and knowledge Nucleus members have access to--rocket ships, jet packs, lasers, breakthrough research on subatomic particle chemistry and physics, and fantastical items found only in science-fiction novels of those naive authors of the first decade of the second millennium. Several members have joined purely out of a lust for knowledge, and have emerged from a short year of intensive training hardened scientist-soldier hybrids. Heizenbaum Jr. has been criticized for his role in what he's referred to as the 'New Future,' but that role is indisputably one of the most relevant of any individual on the planet.

Joinage Pumped to play? Easy answer! Fill out this profile for every char you wanna RP with in The Hive and PM it to me, Riisiing Moon, and I'll either approve it and post it here and let you know you can begin playing, or let you know what you've gotta edit for it to get approved. Remember, no need to create a char for a Hive creature, as anyone can RP as one. Here's the submission form-- Name--The name of your char. Feel free to pick something generic, like Jim, or something that sounds like the baby of a Star Wars-Harry Potter marriage. If your char's a member of the FR, pick out a nickname instead.Appearance--What's your char look like? No need to get too detailed, but paint us a vivid enough picture of just who your char is and who our chars are RPing with.Faction--To what allegiance--at least, officially--is your char loyal to? FR, Bloodsworn, Nucleus, or neutral. If the latter, give a couple of words about what your char's fighting for and how he/she fights.Weaponry--Which weapons does your char carry around at all times for self-defense? FR members, list your SAW here; Bloodsworn, you guys generally have more aggressive weaponry, but exceptions do exist, long as you don't cross into FR/Nucleus territory; Nucleus members, you guys get access to some seriously jacked-up tech. I'll be the judge of what's too advanced for non-Nucleus members.Bio--Give a short summary of your char's history, how he/she got to where they are now and the events they've faced in the present wartime circumstance have shaped them. This'll help define who your char is and make them more personal and easier to connect with, really bringing them to life in color when you RP with 'em.

Rules+Notes --PM me your profiles for char submissions to play!--Use IC, in character, as the introduction to any of your posts within which you're RPing for your char, a different IC for each char. Use OOC as an introduction to anything you've got to say about the RPG that's not an actually role-playing post.--The setting's all of the United States of America, but nothing beyond that. If you ever need help with geography, just check out a US map.--The Hive is everyone's char--simply begin an IC with 'IC--The Hive' to RP as a creature or a number of creatures of the Hive. Don't go over the top with this rule, guys--no trampling over a rebel base with thousands of troops. Leave the big stuff to the staff.--Since the Hive is everyone's char, it's crucially important to read every post where an RPer makes a Hive IC, so to prevent someone from having to mow through every single post, it's a rule to post all of your Hive ICs in the font color 'dark grey.' If you don't, you'll get a notice informing you to edit your post.--Don't mess with any o' these rules, or something nasty and highly creative will likely befall your char...

:sly:--Start a war, make a faction, lead your own plot arc--do something revolutionary, do something big! Can't have fun hiding in the corner the whole time!

Staff I'm currently the only member of The Hive staff--if you'd like to have to have the ability to cynically mess with the outcome of events in the RPG, PM me a short paragraph on why you're remotely competent!

:biggrin: Thanks to Zar, Dovy, and Inferna for constructive commentary!

Edited by Riisiing Moon

"I admire your style, which is colorful, if monochromatic."

You know, if you'e going to let people play as Hive then you can't conceal their own motivations from them. If I want to play as a psychopathic living shadow (and lets face it, who wouldn't? :P) then I want to why I'm in New Mexico. Am I seeking power, food, or something more specific? And something doesn't gel about the First Resistance. They're supposed to be sneaky/stealthy/weaselly guerilla types...yet they have a weapons department that hands out equipment? That says fixed powerbase to me

7AOYGDJ.jpg

There's some questions I have,When it comes to weaponry, I'm under the impression that players are limited to what the United States would have in this current day? Or are there other weapons that are more technologically advanced, or designed specifically to fight this enemy? Is the same true for vehicles? (As in, are vehicular selections limited to what we have now, or have there been significant leaps in engineering ingenuity that might've lead to something more efficient -- which may have been employed by military forces, and then assimilated into the three factions?). Outside of those, what would the properties of these "Hive" be? You're letting players play as them, but the most description there is, is that they're 2-Dimensional figures. Are there any other uniform markings, or appearances, they all share? Powers/Abilities? Or are they literally 2-D shadows? If the latter, then how can players find them at nighttime? (Or would there be limitations on night encounters, because of this?). Even with that all out of the way, is there a difference in the armor of the factions, or any armors/armaments specific to them? (i.e: differences in uniform/insignia outside of the forehead brand of the Bloodsworn). For curiosity, is there age limit for the characters? Most of them would seem to be with one of the primary three factions, at least starting off, so I'm partly wondering if a profile would be denied for a character's age? Otherwise, some more information on the setting would be nice. Like, is this post-apocalyptic world one that is relying heavily on technology of the pre-apocalyptic world? Have they designed their own societies (where women/children would be? Are they permanent? Nomadic?), is it strictly just groups of people wandering around in search for food at this point? Has anything been reconstructed, rebuilt, or constructed/built that might be of any significance to players, starting out? Is there more of a western feel to this new world, such as with western style pubs, taverns, inns, towns, and so on? Or is this not set in a post-apocalyptic world? In which case, I'd have a slew of other questions, but I figure getting this much clarified will be enough for now. -- As a side note, it can be a bit irritating, but there is a rule where you do need a co-host in order to get approval.

I wouldn't say the world's strictly post-apocalyptic--there's a general sense of anarchy that's commonly associated with that setting, but technically no actual apocalyptic event occurred. The Hive invaded and the resulting war pretty much eradicated any trace of law and order in society, as well as a fair amount of human population, but the survivors of the initial shock of the Hive's arrival had large enough numbers to form a substantial resistance. The world's changed, but its not quite the same zeitgeist you might get from one that's been struck by the apocalypse.Was under the impression that I'd stressed that this world is extremely technologically advanced, vis a vis Heizenbaum's explicitly stated technological revolution, and the weaponry Nucleus and the FR has access to that's clearly not available in our modern-day.The rest'll be edited in--thanks a ton.

"I admire your style, which is colorful, if monochromatic."

What I would say then, for the setting, is to provide something more in-depth about it so that the players -- going into the game -- understand what the world is and not what it isn't (which would, largely, be based on assumptions -- and even though it might not be strictly implied, without a substantial section for the setting, it seems to imply that it is more post-apocalyptic). That's primarily what I was getting at with my questioning of the setting, to provide some examples of where to elaborate for players.As far as the technology was concerned, it only seemed stressed in one of the factions. Concerning military power, their technological innovation and ingenuity might not exist for regular people, unaffiliated people, or different organizations. For a reader, they'd also wonder if those same technological advancements apply to the other factions, or to the setting (such as architecture, computers, vehicles, and so on) and it'd be a good idea to provide examples (weapon-based, and perhaps vehicle-based), with explanations on the limitations of each faction's reach of technological advancement (such as, "things like chainguns that operate off extremely powerful laser systems exist, but a sidearm does not have the ability to shoot the same laser-things" or "Cars can have HUD displays in the windshield, but they cannot hover and exceed the speed of sound").Just clarifying what I meant a bit, and stressing the whole "add a 'Setting' section."

• 5 weeks later...

Time to try a Legend of Zelda-based RPG.Note: This takes place in the Child Timeline, for all you Zelda fans like me. That means it supports the Split Timeline Theory. So basically, as far as the timeline of the Zelda series goes, one of the common theories is that after Ocarina of Time, two timelines were created-the Child Timeline and Adult Timeline. They were created at the end of OoT, when Zelda sends Link back to live out his childhood, with one following those events (the Child Timeline, containing Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, etc.) and another following him being an adult (the Adult Timeline, containing The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, etc.). The first two Zelda games take place afetr Ocarina of Time, along with the Link to the Past/Link's Awakening duo, so they are said to occur in both timelines. Skyward Sword, which takes place before OoT, has also occured in both.Hyrule in Ruins: Legend of Zelda RPGTime MeasurementsB.T. Before Twilight - Like B.C. (or BCE), B.T. numbers are older the larger they get, and younger the smaller they are. Before Twilight refers to before Zant and Ganondorf attacked Hyrule (so anything pre-Twilight Princess).A.T. After Twilight - Like A.D. (or CE), A.T. numbers are more recent the larger they get, with the current year being 200 A.T. This refers to events that happened after Zant and Ganondorf took over (ex. the events of Twilight Princess would be year zero.)StoryIt has been years since an incarnation of the Hero has last been seen. The legends state that the last Hero was the Hero of Twilight, and with the help of Twilight Princess Midna and the Princess of Hyrule Zelda he defeated the evil Ganondorf and his minion Zant. Some believe these tales, some do not.The great land of Hyrule has fallen since then. After the most recent defeat of Ganondorf, a golden age of peace was established in Hyrule, and the hostile creatures were driven out of Hyrule. Everything was going great, until a new villain rose up, freed from his ancient prison.His name was Terranus Optilus, one of the seven lords of some distant land. Terranus had invaded Hyrule shortly after the very first Hero had finished his quest, when the citizens of Skyloft were still moving down to Hyrule.The other lords had also had the surname Optilus as well. Terranus had come without any army, and was sealed away by that first Hero, the one from the clouds. But in 121 A.T. (After Twilight), he was accidentally freed by Princess Zelda II, current ruler at the time, after the Zelda who’d known the Hero of Twilight had died.Optilus wasted no time, rousing the defeated minions of King Bulblin, and taking Hyrule Castle. He killed Princess Zelda II, but didn’t know she’d had a daughter, Zelda III, who’d escaped, only a teenager at the time.The other lords were summoned by Terranus Optilus, and spread throughout Hyrule to keep an eye on all of the different areas. Meanwhile, Zelda III and a small group of followers called upon the Power of the Triforce, and of the Sages, and escaped to Termina. There they readied more troops, ones from Termina, and prepared to return to Hyrule.But they weren’t ready soon enough, and Zelda III passed away. She’d had a son, named Kokiri, after the ancient people, who then took over the rebellion.Kokiri was thirty years old, and the year was 200 A.T. The rebellion returned to Hyrule to end the reign of the Optiluses, who hadn’t aged due to their immortality. They knew what was ahead of them-a hard fight.SpeciesHyrulian - A human from Hyrule, a descendant of the Hyrulians who originally fled with Zelda III.Terminian – A human from Termina, who has decided to help take Hyrule back from the lords.Goron – One of the descendants of the Gorons from Hyrule, or a Goron from Termina.Zora – One of the aquatic peoples of either world.Gerudo – A species formerly led by Ganondorf, Gerudo are generally looked down upon by others due to the past villain of their race. They deal with much racism.Skyloftian – A citizen of Skyloft. *see Skylofters under alliancesGroupsResistance – The group currently led by Kokiri, son of Zelda III, grandson of Zelda II, and great-grandson of Princess Zelda from the Golden Age of Hyrule, who helped banish the Twilight. Their goal is to take back Hyrule from the Optiluses.Optilus Army – The army loyal to the Optiluses, they fight to keep Terranus ruling with an iron fist.Skylofters – A group of Skyloft citizens who have descended to Hyrule to make it the way it was meant to be, the way that the first Hero (Link from Skyward Sword), and the Heroes after him, had made it.Bounty Hunters – Not high-tech, but definitely deadly, the bounty hunters work for whoever pays them enough, to do whatever. Loyal to no one, beware!Basis of the GameThe game works like this: the Resistance is currently hiding out secretly in Faron Woods, the Optilus Army knowing of their existence and return, but not their location. The Optilus Army is spread throughout Hyrule, and enforce the strict rules of Terranus and the others. One of the lords governs each area/province, and must be defeated for the Resistance to obtain that land. If the Optilus Army then gets it back, or keeps it, but loses a lord, someone from the Army may rule it.The Skylofters are trying to stop the war to return Hyrule to peace. They must fight fire with fire-or rather, violence with violence. Their goal is to kill all who support the war.The Resistance can organize massive attacks on villages or towns, and the Optilus Army vice-versa. Individual members of either team can also do things against the other team.Chaos (similar to Just Cause 2 I suppose) can also be used to topple local governments-causing enough craziness and doing enough crimes can cause chaos, and when an area’s chaos reaches 100%, the Optilus may personally try to solve it, which could result in his death.When you cause chaos, you get more of a bounty on your head. That means bounty hunters may try to kill you, with a sword, or a bow, or anything. Trying to divide up who causes how much chaos can prevent higher risks for players. Bounty hunters can attack at any time, granted the player is someone that can be accessed without taking it over.Any of the three teams can cause chaos if they want to. Skylofters probably only want to, though, because of the government of an area causing war, which they are against.The battle system is like the BZPRPG. Two players (or a player and an NPC) fight it out, resulting in injury or death. You die when you run out of hearts, which can be recovered via buying health potions (grass chopping or pot smashing for hearts would result in people godmodding by always finding hearts in the nearest grass or pot) at local shops.You can gain more health (via heart container) by beating a boss character, who may be an NPC or a player, depending on if the Optilus or Resistance leader of that area has been replaced by a chosen army member/resistance member or not. Other bosses can also be encountered.You can also get more health by finding heart pieces, which are granted via quests or by finding them. They are one of the many hidden secrets around, so always look everywhere (and try to access areas with items).Items are obtained either by finding them, taking them by force, or buying them. For now, no item giving, except TEMPORARILY (ex. for one short fight). There are many items from the Zelda series, and quite possibly more.Quests are objectives in this game, as in digital RPGs. They may be main story quests/objectives (put in this first post for convenience under team objectives) or side quests, resulting in Rupees or items or heart pieces or whatever.Last but not least, secrets are hidden throughout the game, in all areas. Now, how do you know what the areas look like? Their Twilight Princess appearances are generally accepted. So, if you go to Castle Town, that fountain will be there. Maybe use a certain item on the fountain? Hmm?Team Objectives (will get more specific as things happen)Resistance:-Take Ordon Village-Discover more about the Great Deku Tree after it diedOptilus:-Enforce Rules-Protect VillagesSkylofters:-Stop any battlesRupee SystemThe currency of Hyrule is rupees. But don’t worry, no 999 limit here. You have no limit, from the start, on how many you collect. They can be obtained from other players after a battle, given out, found, or earned from quests. You start out with no rupees though. So good luck.Rupees can be used at any of the shops in the game, some of which are run by certain alliances. You can sneak in, pretending to be that alliance though, if you’re not, and want to shop.Starting OutYou are the lowest rank in whichever alliance you join. You are just kinda there. You pick a species and alliance (thought Terminians who are Optilus Army members are traitors, as only the Resistance brought Terminians in).You start with a basic sword and a slingshot, by the way. And no rupees.Use this post:Name (a shortened version of your username works; they don’t have to sound Hyrulian, but they can):Species:Alliance:Description:Rules

• [*]Obey all BZP rules (duh). We’re on BZP. Kinda required here.[*]No godmodding! Your character has a set amount of health to help prevent this. But you cannot do parkour, and you aren’t Bear Grylls.[*]No instant teleporting! You must actually go everywhere. Walk places or ride on a horse. ex.

Bad post:I go to Castle Town.Good post:I begin my journey to Castle Town, with a route leading through Hyrule Field.

• [*]No controlling other dudes! You are yourself. You’re not multiple people (if you “are”, go see a doctor!).[*]No instant promotions within your group. ex.

Bad post:I am Link, General of the Resistance, with a thousand under my command.Good post:I am a member of the Resistance, hoping for promotion if I do well enough.

• [*]Have fun! This is Hyrule, it’s awesome, have a blast! If you are a Zelda fan, you may have an advantage, but non-Zelda fans are welcome (though I recommend trying one of the games).

So enjoy Hyrule in Ruins RPG! Start playing as soon as you want to!

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I believe I've found one. He asked me to be the co-host, and I said yes, but he hasn't responded to that yet, so as soon as he gets back to me I'll have a co-host.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Physical descriptions of all the races would be good. I don't know what the difference between a Hyrulian and a Terminian is, they're both just human to me, is this something obvious to those who've played the games?Some sort of list of locations is needed, maybe even a map. Not just for those who don't know every setting from any game, but because there's been about 80 years of bad guys ruling. Something would have changed, surelyWhats the point of the rupee system? You don't list any items they can buy (other than health potions, and if thats all people buy then their stockpiled health-potions will make them invincible), and there's no mention of what level of money you get from defeating someone. It seems really arbitrary. You seem to be trying to make this too much like a video game rather than a TBRPG, which comes up again with the hearts. How do we lose them? Is it just when we're hit, or does it have to be a lethal blow?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

A TBRPG that needs your guys/gals' approval!

skylight.jpg

“Don't cry for me,

Just try to see,

The hidden mystery,

I left for thee.”

– Song of the Moon

This war, the epilogue to the last, has been dragging on for what has become nearly a century now. Humans, under the reign of the High King Lucian Amdusias , fight not so much for the right to existence, but rather for the fanatical religious convictions of their leaders – the High King, coupled with his advisory council. The humans, and roughly any other mortal, have been living in such shambles, such disrepair and disgrace, that throwing the blame for the blight upon anything – from vampires to imaginary faeries – has become commonplace. All too often do the preachers of the king take up posts, spouting out rhetoric against the Unholy Empire, as they have come to call Lord Alistair’s domain. Often times, the rhetoric devalues the lives of the vampires – any at all, and even stretching to dhampyrs generously so – and has been known to incite incendiary laws regarding the conduct of dhampyrs in society, as well as many lynchings of suspected vampires. To say the least, the human king and his advisory council have decided to capitalize on the plight of the people for expansion of land, wealth, slaves – to eventually encompass the world, and rise to the pinnacle of power, all in good intention, as the king so often states. Lord Alistair is no better than his human counterpart, although he believes with all his heart that it be so. Just as the High King, now more often known as the High Emperor, devalues the lives of his subjects by letting them rot in their own filth and fight meaningless engagements, Alistair has come to devalue the life of all mortals, stretching the devaluation to dhampyrs as well. Within the Alverlanian Empire, only vampires exist, and only vampires are welcomed with any sort of kindness, and even that is rare. With the magical firmament that stretches across the once blue sky, drenching it an oily black, the subjects, nobles and royalty of the vampire empire are free to go about as they please, at all hours of the day and night. This firmament has become the primary obstacle to mortal crusaders, fighting in the name of Alvaster against the children of Illidian. While humans wish to conquer and consecrate, the vampires wish to capture and devour. Alistair rarely leaves his palace anymore, many believe it due to grieving of his father, others believe it due to an undeserved haughtiness, for Alistair has yet to actually make a true mark upon the mortals.Like any night-child in folklore, the vampires need a supply of blood in order to use their abilities and exist. Lord Alistair Alverlain, a too often deified (or demonized) vampire, has decided to make war with the humans – his end result is to capture them, breed them like cattle, raise them like cattle and then eat them like cattle. Of course, any mortal would not take too kindly to such a morbid way of living. Alistair truly wishes the best for his people, as he often cannot lay his eyes upon the lower tier of his society due to how downtrodden and pathetic they truly appear. Instead of trying to find a way to divert more wealth from the Nobles and Royalty, Alistair instead decided to open the military for recruits of all backgrounds – it is no longer the “ebony elite” as it had been under the command of his father. With this allowance, and to keep ties strong in his military forces, Alistair revived the dead Hunter Corps – a series of elite units used to take out high priority targets, and an elite unit whose first and only leader betrayed the Alverlainian ideals of two centuries past. Unrest exists amongst the vampires as much as it does amongst the humans, in both cases, revolt may be near in the future. Choosing to defy the laws of the land, and to create an existence of independence, an unknown entity formed the Sky Raider Pirates. This organization exists only upon their zeppelin – a massive ship brimming with weaponry and who knows what else. It is rumored that the Sky Raider Captain, often said to be on the Nameless, is a dhampyr of exceptional skill. The claims are currently unfounded, and any knowledge of the Sky Raiders any decide to boast is but speculation on their part. No one knows who their members are, where they are, and only tales of their feats reach the ears of the living; some say that the pirates themselves exist amongst the regular populace, spreading these stories as they happen. Regardless, the Sky Raiders are known for many attacks and raids on vampire military settlements, as well as mortal military settlements, and a number of highly regarded officials have been downed by members of this organization. Of course, membership is highly restrictive in such a distinguished organization, and is only by invite, though the reasons set in place behind that decision are unknown. This organization simply sprouted from the unrest, from the poor, from those considered trash until they chose to take any sort of action. As of the current time, they are merely a thorn in the side of both empires, though they have yet to take on anything major.Simply put, on one side of the fight, it’s a bloody crusade. On the other side of the fight, it’s a need for food fueled by ideas of being inherently better than the others. In the middle of it all are some opportunists, who do not so much care for either option in allegiance and they have their own agenda they choose to abide by.

The Alverlainian Empire (aka “The Unholy Empire”)

They’re all vampires, simply enough. The society they live within is carved elegantly out of the walls of mountains, mountains that also serve as a nearly impenetrable wall to enemy forces. The architecture is gothic in nature, sharp black spires, twisted yet beautiful cathedrals and homes; stained glass windows are commonplace in many of the buildings, often depicting scenes from the Downfall of Illidian. The streets are cobbled and everything is currently powered by steam, including the anti-aircraft artillery weapons that are located underground, only rising by the command of Alistair’s Generals. Despite the beauty, the vast majority of vampires live in the lower-tier of society, often committing illegal acts, fighting for scraps of food, dying for blood and too often holding a great distaste for their leader and the state of disrepair he has allowed his empire to fall into. While the lower-tier are vampires, and considered greater to humans by default, they are still seen as trash by the noble families of the empire. Unlike their poor counterparts, nobles have access to vampiric abilities the lower-tier can only dream of, due to the amount of blood they are allowed to consume and can consume on a fairly regular basis. Due to the powerscale changing with the noble families, they can beat down any rebellions by force and have been known to have fairly cruel attitudes and views of the world. They are the entitled group, and are loyal to Alistair for he is the source of their wealth, privileges and power. Standing on the highest rung of the proverbial ladder are the members of the royal family, currently reduced to only one being – Lord Alistair Alverlain. There is virtually nothing known of the royal family, except for the fear their presence on the battlefield instills into the hearts of mortals and vampires alike. They have been said to have vicious forms, frightening, monstrous and downright unnatural in feel and execution. Currently, there is no known weakness to the royal vampires – some even contest that the sun could not kill them, after hearing the horrific exploits of past royal family members (such as the case of Lord Vladimir II, who decimated an entire enemy invasion force, singlehandedly).The Alverlainian Empire is carved from the mountains that split the continent down the middle, creating a virtual wall that easily keeps intruders out of the empire. Many outposts and stations exist within the mountains, and many settlements have extended towards the uncharted lands, away from the mortal empire, where many different sects of vampires exist with their own rules and regulations, although they all plead allegiance to Alistair. There is a train system that interconnects these settlements to the capital city, Sanctum, and airships are also utilized commercially and are launched from platforms that are quite tall, requiring one to enter an Air-Transit building and then to use the elevator, which is operated with a system of cogs and steam power and ropes and pulleys, and this will deposit one on top of a platform hundreds of feet above the ground.The Royal Military Forces consist of an air force and a land force, no navy is present. The land forces consist of armored soldiers, armor as black as night with only blades to be carried as weapons – they do not have guns. Their armor is lighter, more frail than that of their human counterparts, and this allows them to take full advantage of their superhuman speed, strength and their senses. Regardless of their combat ability, none outside of the Circle of Nine and select members of the Hunter Corps know any magic, so when pitted against a mortal mage, the mage can often win with planning, strategy, cunning and a lot of fire. These forces make up the primary bulk of Alistair’s army, the Air Force considerably smaller and often used for bombing runs, or used to set off chemicals into the human cities in order to kill on a massive scale – these ships are often known as “Reapers” due to the crew members, wearing plague-doctor-esque gas masks, pick up the bodies of the dead after every run.The Hunter Corps is a very secretive organization that is invite-only, more information will be revealed about them as it becomes relevant to the story. (As, it would contain spoilers). All that is known about this organization, outside of them being the elite soldiers under Alistair Alverlain, is that they had been disbanded one hundred years ago, though any information leading to why this happened has been destroyed and citizens who may have lived back then were left in the dark about the illegal operations the Hunter Corps had been involved with.The Alverlainian Empire’s long held religion boasts the Moon Goddess Illidian as the pinnacle of perfection, the Mother they wish to appease and often appeal to for good fortune. Many vampires have extended such niceities to the entities said to aid Illidian – during the Heavenly Rupture, when Illidian and the Aevas (angelic beings at the time, now said to have been forcefully changed into darker entities), and these theological creatures are held up to the highest standard, often depicted as beautiful beings with elegant, spectacular black wings of all shapes and sizes, some even say that the differentiation in wing size and design is how they are ranked in their society. As a result, vampires spit on the image of Alvastar – the God of the Mortals, who is said to have been the God Illidian had rebelled against when the Aevas rose up. Many vampires view Valkyr, the angelic being of the Gods worshipped by mortals, in the same vein as any view dhampyr – disgusting traitors, masquerading in robes of beauty undeserved.Vampires:- Normal vampires, the lower-tier of society: Enhanced agility, enhanced senses.- Military Vampires (Enlisted): Enhanced strength, agility, speed, senses, and have proper weaponry and armor available.- Noble Vampires (And officers): Superhuman strength, agility, speed, senses, and minor powers of shapeshifting (can appear more human/more of their base species) and can turn mortals into vampires (a rare practice, and an honor if bestowed upon a mortal).- Royal Vampires: Unknown.- Vampires are known to live from 500 (low-tier) to 10,000 (royalty) years. The average is around 1,000. (so, when designing a character, think 200 as being twenty in human terms and go from there).- Low tier – nobles can only be killed by fire, beheading, stake through the heart. Getting shot hurts, and getting limbs blown off will put a vampire in a vulnerable state. Only royalty are known to regenerate quickly. (Humans have guns, a few shots can incapacitate a vampire and then cleanup involves staking, or burning -- though, an untrained civilian wouldn't be as effective as a trained soldier).Military Ranks: (Encompasses the Holy Alvastar Empire, and the Alverlainian Empire)- Private- Corporal- Lance Corporal- Sergeant- Staff Sergeant- Master Sergeant- 2nd Lieutenant- 1st Lieutenant- Captain- Major- Lt. Colonel- Colonel- GeneralMembers can apply for a rank up to Major to start, but it will be at my sole discretion if such boosts are granted to a player or not. (Promotions are possible in the game, and will be used as rewards – as will a number of other things). If one wishes to start at a higher rank, come up with a good story for why – I don’t care about stats, I don’t care about a character who wants to be the best, I care about story. So instead of saying “cuz I’m awesome and my character is awesome” come up with a backstory, a well thought out, fleshed out backstory.Also, leadership positions open up on a higher scale as a character receives a higher rank in the military forces, if one chooses to join the military forces. This largely means that during story-based battles, it is likely that a character who holds the rank of Brigadier General will have control over a brigade, while a Sergeant would have control over a unit-type force.*Note about terminology: “Enhanced” abilities are just that, enhanced slightly above normal. A low-tier vampire, for example, might be able to punch through a wood wall with relative ease, but they will not be able to much more than that. Same for speed, they cannot move to where eyes cannot track them, but they can still overpower humans in this regard.Note about Dhampyrs: Dhampyrs will find no easy living in human or vampire settlements, though many are located in human settlements as they are hired as bodyguards, vampire hunters, werewolf hunters, and serve in such various ways. Many face harsh discrimination from the people and they are few in number, so only the best applications will be considered, and if need be, there will be a cap imposed on the players if there’s simply too many running around (for story purposes).Dhampyrs have the following abilities:- Superhuman strength, speed, agility, senses, and partial immunity to sunlight. (if a dhampyr has been in the sun too long, he or she will succumb to heatstroke). Dhampyric powers are weakened in the sun, and enhanced at night – so during the day, dhampyrs are more on the level of the standard human and at night they are more comparable to vampire nobles.- Must feed on mortal blood, characters that choose not to feed will lose their abilities and slowly become ill.- Dhampyrs are combinations of vampire and mortal.- Can live for a known five centuries before death. (However, this isn't a solid number as many dhampyrs die prematurely - such as fighting high-tier vampires, or being hunted down by the mortal military forces, or even the vampyrian military forces).These conditions are alterable, and can change through rewards or progression of the story for individual characters.

The Holy Empire of Alvastar

The rise of an empire is something that is often clouded with difficult trials and campaigns, and the land of Alvastar is no exception. Long before any sort of troubles had arose with the creatures on the other side of the mountain, the land of Alvastar was barbaric and tribal. It was a place where humanity was shattered and lived off the ogres and other wildlife, and wouldn’t associate themselves with one another.All this was changed by one man -- a young man who has since been called by many things, but the most common title any gave him was simply “Divine.” This man campaigned across the land, spreading word of a great God with a grand vision for all, a God named Alvastar. He dreamt of a land with grand flying machines, powerful military, and safe and content citizens. The man was blessed with a vision from his master.This man planned his course with purpose and heart. By targeting the smaller, simpler tribes, he was able to establish his presence as a powerful leader quickly enough. Through charisma and Alvastar’s vision, he was able to unite many of the smaller, simpler colonies, and by the time he finished that, the larger colonies found themselves forced to be annexed or eliminated by the growing empire.Currently, the empire is a sprawling and powerful nation that jams life into its borders. The human cities are large but relatively few, and so the interior of the land is thick in trees and wildlife. Small villages and farms are commonplace outside of the Capital cites, and in between those, ogres and dwarves have made civilizations in the forests near the mountains and in the marshlands to the south.The land of Alvastar is not balanced economically. While cities like Veils and the military capital Akastos are sprawling and prosperous, the rest of the countryside is dominated by small villages and farms. Poverty and labor are high for those who can’t find work in the half dozen cities. Akastos is just northeast of Veils, closer to the mountain range that separates the vampires from the humans. It is a fortified city with enough firepower in it at any given time to even put Veils to shame.The north and south halves of the country are split by a thick forest that arcs down the land. This thicket, called Alvastar’s Belt (or simply The Belt) is a dangerous territory, populated by orcs and ogres, and many other mortals who failed to integrate into human society, due to their violent tendencies. Wildlife is untamed here, unlike the grasslands that make up the rest of the country, and passage through is generally reserved for the incredibly religious pilgrims looking for the few shrines Lord Veils had built during his campaigns, or any of the other wizards who search for the rare plants that can be found there.The mortal wizards are the one thing the Alverlainian Empire has no real match for. Settled mostly in the Citadel of Magia, the magicians are a rare bunch. At the age of three, each and every child born in Alvastar is tested by government officials. If they pass the test and their blood is revealed to be supernatural, they are shipped away to the Citadel, and they seldom see their parents afterwards. The magus are not necessarily feared but respected as one would respect a mighty animal. They are dramatically more powerful than normal humans, for obvious reasons, and isolated because of this. Wizards seldom leave the citadel except in dire situations, such as invasion or outbreaks. Regardless, there are an unknown amount of magi working for the King’s Court, acting as bodyguards and advisors on matters pertaining to magical instances, and are often simply emergency personnel in the case of an attack on the palace.Wizards or “magus” (plural: magi), as they call themselves, have a broad spectrum of powers. As the spell book has had hundreds of thousands of years to broaden, no wizard could possibly know every single spell, so wizards often specialize in one certain field, such as necromancy or water manipulation. They are generally forced to one specialization, not only to mental capacity but also physical capacity. Magic usage borrows heavily from physical endurance. The training it requires to master a drastic number amount of spells would render a magus a vegetable. Overuse of magical energies can kill a magus, though there are classified techniques that allow magi to extend their power – these techniques are saved only for those deemed worthy and mentally fit to use them, and are never given away lightly.The Alvastar military forces patrol the streets of Veils at a near constant rate, primarily to keep an eye on the dhampyr population and to keep an eye out for any possible assassination threats to the King. They also exist to remove dissenters, government-bad-mouthers, and people deemed as "dangerous to the whole of society," which is largely left to their discretion. The actual military forces have yet to be truly deployed into combat, and many are often put to protect the capital city. There are specialized forces that exist, but their names are not known to civilians and to even some government officials, simply because what those organizations wish to do is combat the vampires more effectively -- on their own turf -- and they would rather not let the Unholy Empire get wind of their plans.Sometimes captured vampires are brought into the city during the dead of night and even brought into the massive palace, but precisely what is done to them, or what they are being used for, is purely speculation by civilians and military members alike.

Setting – General

General information about the setting, which applies to all sides. The mortal empire, Alvaster, is a three week journey from the Alverlainian Empire on foot. There are no trains that connect these two powers, nor are there any commercial airships that go either way – however, if one was to get an airship, then the travel time would be reduced to about a week. Time isn’t measured in the game, but this is explained so people don’t instantly teleport from one place to the next in less than two sentences.This is a steampunk setting, with militaries combining armor (more fantasy-medieval style) with things like guns, cloaks, tabards and the like. The architecture for humans is more late 1800’s style (like 1880’s), while the architecture for vampires is more akin to the gothic period (look at old French cathedrals and you’ll know what I mean). There is land in between the empires, forested lands, that go back to the traditional fantasy-setting – where there’s lush green trees standing impossibly high, with dangers lurking here and there, along with rivers, oasis’s and whatever geographical features one would want to include.

Locations:

Alverlainian Empire:

Sanctum: The capital city of the vampire empire, home to thousands of individuals and the bulk of nobles. The Great Palace is where Alistair resides, dominating the heart of the city and towering above all – easily visible from any location within the city, and is by far the grandest piece of architecture there. The city itself is large – shops of all sorts exist, taverns, restaurants, and lamp posts line the cobbled streets often dominated by carriages and buggies, the vehicles primarily owned and operated by the wealthy. Airships come and go from the airship platform, known as Airstrip One, which is near the outskirts of Sanctum and is the tallest structure in Sanctum, primarily so that airships can go back and forth with no problems. The platform can hold up to four airships at a time, though in many cases they are used for shipping food to some of the other settlements and often for military deployments. These vehicles can be used commercially, but the tickets are often incredibly expensive. Many people instead choose to travel by train, which will go to many of the Outer Cities, such as Vidian, Vael, and Ashtar – all named after vampires believed to have ascended to Aeva status.Vidian, Vael and Ashtar are all relatively the same. All are deep within the empire’s territory and live in eternal darkness, all have taverns and a few shops and a small number of residents. They all have railroad stations and airship platforms, but nothing else is particularly notable about any of them. It will be up to players to decide what each town will look like, and perhaps even what specializations each town will receive – if a player wishes to start an importing business in Vael, for instance, then that town would likely become larger and receive more traffic than the others. As the game-organizer, I’d prefer to give players more freedom in the setting where I can, so that I’m not dictating everything down to the most minute detail.As far as maps would be concerned, Vael is not far from the empire and is in between both Vidian and Ashtar, Ashtar being closer to the coast line while Vidian is closer to forested regions. Each town receives airship supplies often, in order to support the civilians living there.Vael's only claim to fame is their airship construction, though the massive plant is actually located outside of the city due to the amount of smoke given off as metals are smelted together and formed. The Empire's top engineers work in this plant, and the airships crafted are of only the highest quality.Vidian, on the other hand, creates weapons for the vampyrian military -- primarily swords, knives, daggers, armors, arrows, and all of that. If one is looking for a better set of weapons, Vidian would have the craftsmen who would be able to create it.Minor settlements are allowed to be established – players alone can introduce them if they so wish, and even be in charge of them. Any more information regarding this, PM Spink as specifics will alter based on player, based on location, based on probability and based on conditions – these conditions are not set in stone and will vary from person to person, which is why they are not posted here.

The Holy Empire of Alvastar:

Veils is the capital city, bustling with life and the exuberance of boasting the homes of many important families, the palace, along with government officials and headquarters for the different branches of government. This capital city is protected by a powerful array of weaponry, though much of the weaponry is new and considered classified – primarily so no enemy can get wind of just what goes on in the bowels of the city. The Citadels of the Magi are located near Veils, as is a sizeable airstrip for airships, many suitable for commercial flight from city to city. The primary mode of travel for citizens is often the railroad, as airship prices can be fairly high, and the railroads stretch into each city, often taking cleared routes through forests and the like, avoiding settlements of anything dangerous for obvious reasons.Akastos is the military capital of the Holy Empire of Alvastar, and is fairly wealthy because of it. Akastos is just northeast of Veils, closer to the mountain range that separates the vampires from the humans. It is a fortified city with enough firepower in it at any given time to even put Veils to shame.Asona is the epitome of skewed economics. While Veils and Akastos are prosperous, Asona literally soars above them in terms of numbers and physical location, and is a complete marvel in human engineering, but it only houses a few dozen citizens. Asona is a flying city, created by many platforms latched together, with many industrial flotation devices keeping it elevated. Its inhabitants operate through couriers that are sent to and from the surface, bearing rations and other such supplies, and are paid top dollar. It is primarily populated by the Seers of Alvastar, a religious organization who seldom associate with the “surface dwellers.”Alvastar’s Belt is a location of thick forest, containing numbers of dangers and is often avoided as far as common civilians are concerned. There is not much known of the area, though any traveler should be wary, and travelling at night is not recommended.*Note: Anything that applies to the vampire side, such as allowance for minor settlement establishments, are allowed for the Alvastar Empire as well.

Rules

1) You will respect the staff of this game, and you will respect other players. Disrespecting players can range from minor to major punishments, pending on the severity.2) You will not break any rules set forth by the BZPower administration.3) God-modding is frowned upon and I do not allow it, the goal is to help write a story, not win an unwinnable game.4) PM me your profile, and post it in your first post so all may see.5) Do not do anything major story-wise unless you clear it with me first, this is a precaution primarily to avoid someone accidentally destroying a piece of untold information.6) You may ask me if you want your character to become a Hunter Corps member, or a member of the Sky Raider Pirates. Selection for these two organizations is strict, so if I deny do not ask again – I’ll extend an offer to you if you prove to be a player suitable for that type of position.7) If you have complaints, please take them up with me in PM.8) Do not drag personal issues or disputes into this game, and remember to keep all politically fueled and religious comments out of the game. (There is reason why I stress this rule).9) Remember, this is a friendly environment.10) You may request to make a species, but I hold the right to deny it. (Format such requests any way you would like).11) Remember, this is a story that we are all writing. This is not a game where anyone can win, so don't go out pumping up a character or treating this as one would an MMORPG -- treat it as if you're helping to craft an intricate tale of whatever you wish to roleplay out. Members seen finding loopholes in the rules for unfair advantages, and who take the fun out of the story for other players, will be dealt with as deemed necessary by staff. I don't care if your exploit is "technically within the rules" -- I don't want players who will ruin the fun for others, simple as that.12) To avoid confusion, unlimited characters are allowed. Just don't kill yourself with how many you make, kay?13) Have fun, write a story, or join one.Note: Punishments will be a surprise, so don't break these rules or you may wake up with your character beheaded, floating downstream so that goldfish may feast upon your character's flesh. Have fun now.

Staff

Spink -- Host and Game Administrator

~JC~ -- Co-Host and Game Moderator

Profile: (Remove anything in parenthesis)

Player Name:Character Name:Appearance:Age:Species:Gender:Rank (If applicable):Weapons:Abilities/Powers/Specializations:Faction (If applicable):Biography:Misc:

Current Characters:

Spink - Alistair Alverlain (V), Vayreil (D)*Note: These cities are starting out as threadbare as they are, because I would like to allow players, who would be interested, to establish their own businesses, organizations and such within these cities in order to make them differentiate more from one another, rather than myself making them all up and having to keep up with that.*Note: While species are allowed to be created by players, I provided no concrete form for them as I would rather not limit the creativity or idea of a member. It's also preferred, by me, for players to create a few paragraphs describing their species from a story-perspective rather than from a technical perspective, as it would give me more of an idea of how they would function and play out in the game's established story.

Edited by Spink

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Destiny-=Cohosts=-Host: Blade.Cohost: Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma-=Table of Contents=-(Use Ctrl+F to get to the section you want; along with the codes!)Section1: Story [001]Section2: Locations [002]Section3: Items In General [003]Section4: Races of Hyrule [004]Section5: Rules [005]Section6: Punishments [006]Section7: Profile Submissions [007]Section8: Factions [008](Post Two)Section9: RPG News [009]Section10: Current Events [010](Post Three)Section11: Story Updates [011](Post Four)Section12: Profiles [012]-==Story [001]==-Out Of Story Note: This assumes that a year has passed between Link To The Past and Oracle of Seasons. This also assumes that about 1 to 4 months have passed between Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, and that two months passed before the end of the Labrynna incident that happened in Oracle of Ages, because Time Travel isn't exactly perfect and to allow differences there.

Legend once said that when the Hero of Time would appear, the world would be split in three. The Hero of Time, however, came and went, and that prophecy still remained a mystery, even as Ganondorf the King of the Gerudo was locked away into the Dark Realm during the Imprisoning War. It has been theorized that the Dark Realm may have been what was referenced, but no-one knows for certain, since only two realms were known of. Ganondorf, however, has since been defeated by Link, the Hero of Oracles.It has been said that there are three Oracles... The Oracle of Seasons, and the Oracle of Ages have been located recently by the Hero of Oracles, as he was led to the two far off lands of Holodrum and Labrynna by the power of the Triforce. However, the last one has continued to remain lost.Six months have passed since Koume and Kotake's plan to revive the evil king Ganon was stopped at the hands of Link and Zelda. However, Link had gone to journey across Hyrule once more after that win, and hasn't been seen for two months now. It is unknown what has happened to Link, however, there have been rumours that the dark monsters that Ganon formerly ruled have been roaming the countryside of Hyrule. It is also rumoured that there have been sightings of the final Oracle... The Oracle of Destiny.It is unknown why the monsters formerly loyal to Ganon would be active once more, however, it is always possible that they could be attempting to revive their old master. That is but speculation at this point, however, as there has been word of people leading the monsters... However, as before, the purpose of that is currently unknown.Princess Zelda has started to gather warriors to help defend the land of Hyrule, fearing an attack. She has also ordered the warriors to investigate the disappearance of Link, and find more information on whether the Oracle of Destiny is truly active, along with where the Oracle of Destiny is located.It has also been speculated that there might just be a third, unknown force in play. However, there is no true word on that, or what this 'third force' would want, given that there is no motive known, or even any concrete evidence that they exist.In addition to this, it has been said that lands once thought forgotten and simply a myth have started to reappear, with the entrances opening once more. The only one that has been confirmed so far is Termina, the land seemingly parallel to Hyrule. The specific entrance to Termina has not actually been found yet, but it appears to be in the Lost Woods, located within the Faron Woods to the south of Hyrule Field.With legends in the past, present, and future of Hyrule... Will you be the ones featured in the legend of how the land is saved once more? Or will you be included in the legends as the one who finally destroyed the kingdom?-==Locations [002]==--===Hyrule===-This is the starting location for most new players. This is the legendary kingdom of Hyrule, and it's geography is a mix of all locations from all the games, including the Faron Woods in the southeast portion of the land, Death Mountain in the northeast, Lake Hylia to the southwest, Gerudo Desert to the west, a graveyard in the northwest, and a snow-covered mountain to the north. Hyrule Castle is in the centre of the region, with Hyrule Castle Town surrounding it, and Kakariko Village near Death Mountain. A further in-depth look into the kingdom will be added closer to the start of the RPG. For the most part, the kingdom has been built up to a similar extent as it was in Twilight Princess, so use that as a relative guide, although there are differences that will be noted further into the game.-Hyrule Castle Town-This is the town that is in the centre of the region. It has regained it's former status as one of the main towns and cities in Hyrule, as most of the species gather there. This is because of Hyrule Castle being located in the middle of the city, for the most part, and because of the protection having the castle's soldiers there provides.-Hyrule Castle-Hyrule Castle, is, well, a Castle. It houses the Royal Family of Hyrule, and is one of the safest areas for the people affiliated with the knights of Hyrule. It might get attacked, however, with the soldiers and the Knights who aren't off on missions, the threat can be repelled most of the time. It houses multiple Sanctuaries, where important items are typically kept.-Faron Woods/Faron Province-These are the woods to the southeast of the region of Hyrule. Ordona Province is located to the southwest of these woods, however, it is not considered a 'true' area of Hyrule, and mostly only contains a farming town. Faron Woods holds the 'Lost Woods', an area in which travelers typically cannot find their way. The Lost Woods lead both to the entrance to Termina, and a separate section leads to the Sacred Forest Meadow, where the Master Sword rests.-Lake Hylia/Lanayru Province-This is the lake of the region, and is located to the southwest. The province that houses the lake is known as the 'Lanayru Province'. Though the province should include the Gerudo Desert as well, due to it's proximity, it is typically considered separate. There is a river that leads to Zora's Domain, even though that is located elsewhere in the Kingdom of Hyrule.-Gerudo Desert-This desert area is located west of Lanayru Province, and holds an ancient temple that's said to contain a mysterious artifact. The Temple in question was once used to judge criminals who had attempted crimes against the Royal Family, but has fallen into disuse since the Imprisoning War. This area also used to be the home of the outcast Gerudo.-Eldin Province-This area includes Death Mountain, and Kakariko Village, and is located in the north east of Hyrule. This area is typically more barren than the other two provinces, likely due in part to the volcano that is located in the province.-Kakariko Village-This lively town is a secondary town to Hyrule Castle Town. It has many places you won't find in the Castle Town, and many residential buildings, however, it is not protected as much as Hyrule Castle Town is, and therefore, it doesn't have quite as many residents. Nonetheless, it is a bustling town, due to visitors from the Castle Town to visit Death Mountain and the Hot Springs that are located there.-Death Mountain-Death Mountain, despite the name having 'Mountain', is actually a Volcano. It is not typically active, however, which means you can climb it in safety. However, you still have to watch for falling rocks, as it does sometimes have rocks fall down from the peak, which is why it's called Death Mountain. Despite all that, or possibly because of that, the Gorons live here, and eat the rocks that are present in the Volcano. It is said that in the ancient past another race also lived on the volcano, however, that is but a rumour.-Hylian Graveyard-This is where the dead of Hyrule is buried. Despite the fact that it might be considered creepy to some, special treasures are said to be buried in and around the graveyard. It is very desolate, however, and undead monsters tend to roam around the graveyard, possibly to help keep intruders out.-Snowpeak Mountain-The name is all the hint toward the mountain's nature. Located in the north area of Hyrule, Snowpeak Mountain is a frozen wasteland that is covered in snow. It is literally an Ice World, as frozen monsters, and creatures that thrive on snow, can be found in and around here. A special weapon is said to exist somewhere in the frozen peak of this place.-===Termina===-Termina makes it's first reappearance since Majora's Mask. It was recently rebuilt, as portions of the land was destroyed by the moon, when it crashed into Termina. However, total annihilation was avoided at the last minute, as the races had united to call the Four Giants, though not in time to save most of the land. Therefore, the land looks similar to the Termina from Majora's Mask, however, Clock Town is more like 'Clock Village' at this point, as there are not as many buildings, and the place is built upon the crater from the crash. The surrounding areas hadn't been damaged as much, however, the effects of the crash have been felt, as portions of the areas were affected by the crash, such as the forest not reaching as far, the mountain being damaged in some parts, making other impassible, and Ikana Valley's Stone Tower collapsing. The only area to escape being damaged at all was the ocean area.-===Labrynna===-Not much has changed in Labrynna given that it has only been six months since the Oracle Incidents. Over the six months since the Oracle Incidents, Labrynna's inhabitants slowly expanded where they lived, and began to co-exist similar to how the inhabitants in Termina do.-===Holodrum===-While Holodrum is still slightly recovering from the unbalancing of the seasons, the land has remained relatively the same over the past six months. As with Labrynna, the inhabitants of Holodrum have slowly began to unite, and have began to coexist. Subrosia is still under Holodrum, however, the people of Holodrum have continued to keep their distance from Subrosia for the moment.There will be more locations brought into play as the RPG continues on.-==Items In General [003]==-The item system for the most part is similar to the actual games, however there are some exceptions.For one, there are items that are considered 'special', and there will only be one or two of said items. This includes special items like the Harp of Ages from the games. This will be considered on a case by case basis, and to prevent someone from potentially taking all the special items, there is the possibility of restricting how many can be obtained for yourself, but again, that will be considered a case-by-case judgement call. There is always the possibility of the items being surrendered to another character upon your character's defeat, of course.For the basic items, such as the Bow or Hookshot, there will be multiples of those, either given out in a dungeon, or by your faction, or a town if you have no true faction.Equipment wise, there are many possibilities for them, like having special gauntlets, but those will be a special case, to make certain that they are not overpowered for the portion of the story that is currently going on.As for upgrades, you will more than likely be able to upgrade your sword eventually, however, keep in mind that the special items clause applies here. Master Sword will be the biggest case-by-case decision, as the only wielder shown so far is Link, and the true whereabouts of the Master Sword as of the Oracle Games is unknown. And there is only one Master Sword, to boot. Other swords and legendary weapons will be decided on a similar case-by-case scenario, though normal upgrades to a normal weapon would fall under the scenario below.You will also be able to upgrade your items themselves to multiple levels, however, that will only become available if it has been shown that you can handle a better item through role playing and such. Think of it as a reward.-==Races of Hyrule [004]==-This doesn't cover the different types of monsters that are around, simply the main species. This also currently doesn't cover the inhabitants of Labrynna or Holodrum; for the most part, the species found there are the same as in Hyrule, though there are a couple exceptions.-Hylians-They go by different names every so often, however, the main name they go by is 'Hylian'. The main difference between a Hylian and a normal Human is the fact that Hylians have pointed ears. Hylians can wield all equipment types.-Deku Scrub-A Deku Scrub is similar to a plant, very similar. It's head has plant leaves like a plant would, and can disguise itself among other plants very well. They has a tendency to spit out nuts when it talks, which makes it hard for the Scrubs that go into business to actually sell stuff without accidentally hitting someone. Deku Scrubs, due to a lack of arms, and most armour will not fit, unless it has been custom made.-Gorons-The best way to describe Gorons, are that they are living stones. Their skin is brown, and most all Gorons have purple eyes. They have the ability to roll up into a ball easily, and can roll across the land quickly due to that. There are not nearly as many Gorons as there were back in the era of the Hero of Time, however. This is rumoured to be due to the Imprisoning War. Gorons can wield handheld equipment, however, they cannot wear armour. They can wear belts, however, this interferes with their rolling ability for obvious reasons.-Zora-Zora are humanoid fish-like creatures that can typically be found in the water. A lot of the variants are peaceful, however, in recent times, some have seemingly joined up with Ganon's evil forces for some reason. They have the ability to swim through the water with ease, and can even fight underwater better than they can above water. They also can breathe underwater, which is why most of the Zora stay under the water typically, unless approached. Zora have the ability to wield equipment, but most prefer to simply fight with their fins, due to it being just as effective as a sword in most cases, and even more effective underwater. They can wield armour, however, it's much harder to swim underwater with the armour, and they typically wear only the most basic of armours that would allow that. Most armour that they wear, however, is custom made for them.-Humans-Humans, for the most part, are the same as Hylians. However, their ears are more rounded, and they tend to be found more in the area outside of the Kingdom of Hyrule. However, they still have been allowed to join up with the Knights of Hyrule, for those who have moved to Hyrule. In ancient times, Hylians were once known as Humans. Humans have no equipment restrictions.-Monsters-These are the mass amounts of creatures that have been infesting Hyrule for ages. They appear and vanish over the ages, but they always seem to return, never letting Hyrule have peace for long, if ever. The ability to wield weapons or armour varies among the different types of monsters, so it's a case of thinking with logic. If a monster has no way of gripping a weapon, they can't wield one. If their body's too weird a shape to wear standard armour, they'd better hope that there's a smith that'll make custom armour, or they'll have to go without armour.-==Rules [005]==-1. Label your posts with IC and OOC, please.2. Obey all forum rules.3. No killing player characters without permission.4. No "Leet". It's not allowed, and as such, shouldn't be in here.5. Keep to the power that your character currently has, and do not god mode. If you wield a Triforce piece somehow, then don't abuse it's powers.-==Punishments [006]==-Ok, I dislike to do this, but, these are what you get if you break the rules.1. You get a simple PM warning, telling you not to do what you did, plus a temporary power decrease.2. You get a public warning, and a medium wound.4. You get a critical wound, and a suspension from the RPG for two days.5. You get your character killed off, and suspended from the RPG for a week, and when you get back you can make a new character.6. You get one of your characters put on the most wanted list for the Kingdom of Hyrule, and you are banned from the RPG until I decide you are fit to play again.7. That was your last chance the last time. You are permanently banned from the RPG, and all your characters are put on the most wanted list for the Kingdom of Hyrule. You can argue your point, but there's not much hope you can get back.-==Profile Submissions [007]==-Post the profiles in the discussion topic. There is no character limit.
[b]Username:[/b][b]Character Name:[/b][b]Gender:[/b][b]Age:[/b][b]Race:[/b] (Are you a Hylian, Deku Scrub, Goron, Zora, a human? Or, are you a sentient monster of some sorts? Specify here!)[b]Default Equipment:[/b] (Shield is basic for any character; weapons has the choice of the following: L1 Sword, L1 Spear, L1 Staff[Non-magical]. An L1 Hammer is a possibility only for certain approved characters that show extreme promise; essentially given out as a reward.)(Obviously if you're a monster who can't wield equipment items, you're not going to have any Equipment)[b]Bio:[/b][b]Faction:[/b] (The Knights of Hyrule, The Army of Darkness, or Neutral.)[b]Character Description:[/b] (This is your character's appearance.)
-==Factions [008]==--The Knights of Hyrule-While the Knights of Hyrule are typically a closed group, they have been recruiting over the past month, in anticipation of a potential battle. The Knights of Hyrule are dedicated to the protection of Hyrule and Princess Zelda. Link is considered an honorary member of the Knights of Hyrule. An alternative name for the Knights of Hyrule is the Hylian Knights.Recently, the Knights of Hyrule have been allowed to explore the kingdom of Hyrule for information about Link's whereabouts, and also explore other regions to find out information about the Oracle of Destiny.The leader of the Knights of Hyrule, is Princess Zelda, since she is a member of the Royal Family. Typically, it would be the King's area of expertise, however, due to pressing circumstances, and the fact that Zelda sometimes have prophetic visions, she has been given control over the Knights.The area that is most safe for this faction would be Hyrule Castle Town, due to it's defenses.-The Army of Darkness-This army appears to be mostly formed out of monsters who were formerly loyal to Ganon... However, they have expanded recently, and now include other inhabitants of Hyrule and other regions, so it is theorized that the Army has been recruiting recently.It is unknown who the leader of this group is, or what the motives of the army is. There has been little info that has been gathered on the Army of Darkness, so the biggest hint to dealing with them is to be extremely cautious.The leader is rumoured to be a familiar face, however, no information has been ascertained as to what that truly means. Others say that the leader is typically seen as simply a shadow, but that could be just a figure of speech.The Army of Darkness' base is located in and around Faron Woods, seemingly close to where the Lost Woods are located. It is safe, because most people trying to find their base would actually overshoot the location and head straight into the Lost Woods; and even if they got to the camp, the guards would be likely to kill the intruders.-Other/Neutral-As stated in the story section, other forces have been rumoured to be gathering. However, given that this is not yet known at all, it will be considered neutral until it is actually confirmed or found.This also includes neutral forces. People who are neutral are basically just trying to make use of the approaching war for their own benefit, or wish to see Hyrule burn for their own reasons. They might even just simply want to escape all the war, and stay out of the fighting. Whatever the reason for being neutral, there are many possibilities for not joining the other factions, and some characters might just have their own part to play in terms of their destiny... Edited by Fullbringer Blade

Since Hyrule is a starting area, I think it would be important to describe the architecture a tad -- more so those who haven't played the game can get a good visualization of it, and write a character in that area with more ease. I'd also say to include some primary structures, like I would presume a castle to be there, but as a not-too-avid player of The Legend of Zelda, I wouldn't know where it would be, or any information about it at all. I'd also say extend this extra description to the other locations, mostly just to help players when it comes to imagery in posts.For the factions, I'd only urge to include what sorts of weapons they would use, armors, and what would be allowed to players from the start. Perhaps also explain who any leaders are, where they would be and friendly areas to those factions so players who roam about know where it's safe for them and dangerous for them.