Official OTC RPG Request Topic

Than the Moa

1. I wish to do so, and will do so, I just need to think for a moment what's logical to be there. But yes, I do plan on fixing the locations up a bit, might get around to that today or tomorrow. =)2. Weapons and Armour and the like are more or less the same for all the factions; the only restrictions on who can use what, for the most part, is placed onto species. Like, if you're an Octorok, obviously you're not going to be able to wield any weapons, or wear any armour that's not fitted specifically for you.As for the leaders, I probably should detail more about that, but one faction's leader is hidden for a little while, just so it's more of a shock when the person's identity is revealed. But, you have a point, as I'm not sure if I specifically mentioned Zelda as the Hylian Knight's leader.As for Friendly areas, it's another thing I should think of shortly, but that's more for the Army of Darkness, as the Castle of Hyrule is the 'safe point' for the knights. I'll think about that and edit it accordingly, hopefully soon. I'm thinking now maybe somewhere in the Faron Woods, but that's more of a camp. I'll add that into the actual faction list, though./EDIT: Hmm. Looking over my post a little more, I see I've noted a bit of the details of the location of things in Hyrule, but it definitely wouldn't hurt to flesh things out a bit more. I'll have that done by the end of the week. =) I'll send you a PM once that part's done.

Edited by Fullbringer Blade

No Introduction is needed for THIS RPG.Sirs, I present to YOU...

My Little Pony

Tales of Brightsdale

In terms of story, this RPG doesn't really have one!Like the show, this will not have any real set story, but will mostly be more for Fans of the TV Show to Roleplay out in a ridicule free enviorment!It will be run (So Far) by Me, and my Co-Host, Toa Korkoa: Toa of PlasmaWithout Further Adieu, I present to you, The Rules.Character CreationCharacter Name:Gender (Male or Female, obviously):Race (Earth Pony, Unicorn, Pegasus):Coat and Hair Color:Personality:Profession:CalendarFirst Week - SpringSaturday is the Grand Galloping GalaSecond Week - SummerSunday is the Summer Sun CelebrationThird Week - FallRest of Month - WinterRulesI. Arguments are allowed, but don't get TOO crazy in it. Nothing like"_____ pulled out an AK-47 and shot _______ several times."Rather, it should be more like"You think that _______ are/is better than _____? Please, Don't make me laugh!""Oh yeah? Well... Well... ________!"II. Parties must be approved by a Leader of this RPG. They'll determine if it's a good idea to have a party on that day. Usually, the answer will be yes, but if several different people are planning a party for the same person, whoever asks first, receives. The others that ask about it will be sent to the first person.III. RPG Leaders can use Instances and Events to spice up the game a little. Currently, all the Instances and Events are listed below in the following section, which is discreetly labeled to show what is there.IV. Golden Rule: Play Nice, and have fun.Instances and EventsGrand Galloping Gala -Once every month, the RPG Leaders can Trigger the Galloping Gala, which will last for one day.What this does is it has all the players that want to go, go to the Galloping Gala.If there are some players who do NOT go, every in character post must start with "Brightsdale:""Brightsdale:"I'm really happy with Brightsdale, it's so nice and quiet!" _______ said to _______."The same is true for those who do go, with the exception of they'd start it with "Gala:""Gala:_______ looked around, unused to so many people. "I'm going to go get some punch." ______ said to _______."Party for _______ -To start a Party, the Host/Hosts must send a request to one of the RPG Leaders, who will then agree with the other Leaders if the party should be done.A Date is then scheduled to be done ON THAT DAY ONLY. For a longer party, you must SPECIFICALLY ASK THAT.For a Surprise Party, a PM will be sent to all the other players EXCEPT those that are invited. A PM will be sent to the person who the party is for to go to a certain place.When you are at a party, you must start your posts with "______'s Party""______'s Party:_______ walked over to _______ and said "Happy Birthday/Happy Anniversery/Hi ______!""Summer Sun Celebration - On the First Sunday of the Second Week, the Summer Sun Celebration will begin.This Celebration will last for Two Days, and is focused on the renewal of the sun. Nothing really special, but a large party. At this party, everyone must go. If you have multiple characters, they must all be present at the party.Frostmane Mountain -Occasionally, somepony will be sent to Frostmane Mountain. This mountain is INCREDIBLY Dangerous. Reasons will be given when someone is sent.While they are on Frostmane Mountain, the Player/Players on there will start their posts with "Frostmane Mountain:""Frostmane Mountain:The bridge ahead of _______ was broken, and she/he couldn't get to the other side."Travel - Occasionally, A Player, or Group of Players will be sent to a different town, which may include Manehattan, Canterlot, Ponyville, or even other towns that are not Canon.While they are there, the Leaders, or appointed Players, may RP as a Canon Character from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. A Leader or Appointed Player MAY RP as a Canon Character, as they come to Brightsdale, but that must be approved by the Leaders first.Appointed Players CANNOT have either Princess Celestia or Princess Luna as Temporary Canon Characters, as they are Royalty Characters.While they are wherever they are, the Players must start their posts with "______:"The Following is an example from when a player is in Ponyville." Ponyville:As ______ walked down the roads with ________, ______ accidentally ran into both of them. "Oh my, I am SO sorry about that! I was just in a hurry because..."" So on and So forth.

Edited by Zionfighter7G

It's been so long since I've been on a forum site, I forgot how to Banner.

This is a problem that Mark Ruffalo had at the start of Thor: Ragnarok, but mine is more difficult.

Although, I think an equal amount of Chris Hemsworth will fix it.

The whole point about an RPG is to have a story and expand on it via literary additions, so no plot or story to start with is a no-go for me. Plus, there is no introduction no background, no map, no anything. If you limit it to just those who know all about MLP already, then it's not inclusive and is just a hangout place. Not approved.

The Elder Scrolls AdventuresThe Summerset Isles

Hosted by Toa Levacius Zehvor; Co-Hosted by PurpleBouncy

CONTENTS - Use Ctrl+F to Search~Background~~Atlas~~Building Your Character~~Bestiary and Curses~~Crafting ~~The Rules~
FORWARD – LoreBefore I detail the in-game stuff, this is a clarification for those poor souls who have yet to play an Elder Scrolls game. This RPG is set within the world of The Elder Scrolls, an extremely successful series created by Bethesda Softworks. The series is primarily set in Tamriel, the largest and central continent on the world of Nirn.For the last couple hundred years, Tamriel was ruled by the Empire, founded by Tiber Septim, or Talos, a man who ascended to godhood, joining the Eight Divines and making it Nine upon his death. That was, however, until the death of Emperor Uriel Septim VII, and the Oblivion Crisis that opened gates across Tamriel into the realm of Oblivion.After the death of his son, Martin Septim, who sacrificed himself to seal Oblivion off from Tamriel, the Empire was left in chaos. Without an Emperor, Tamriel was left in complete and utter chaos.In time, it would reform. But not before a faction known as the Thalmor, a group of elven supremacists, took control in the far south western island province of Summerset Isles. Under the Thalmor, the new Aldmeri Dominion formed – an empire ruled by the elves of Altmer and Bosmer stock, and allied with the Khajiit of the province Eleswyr.Thus is the current way of things. Summerset Isle, known now as Alinor, after its capital city. Seat of power in the Aldmeri Dominion. Of course, that has quite the possibility to change...
~BACKGROUND~

The date is Morning Star 4E321 by the common calendar of Tamriel. The provinces remain in turmoil. Heated battles across the continent spark up constantly, with no clear victor in sight, save one – the Elves. But in their homeland, this victory is an uncertain one.The Empire – the central heartland province of Cyrodiil, and its allies in the Hlaalu and Dres controlled Morrowind and parts of Black Marsh – fights a battle to keep control of its last posts in the remainder of Morrowind and the Nords of Skyrim. The Redguards of Hammerfell stand alone against both the Empire and Aldmeri Dominion, fighting the last true stand for men. The southern provinces are controlled by the Aldmeri Dominion, based on the Islands of Alinor – the Summerset Isles.Homeland to the Altmer - the High Elves - and the power bastion of the Altmer Dominion, the Summersets are dealing their own problems. The Thalmor, powerful wizards and warriors dedicated to the Altmeri cause and continental control by only the Mer - the elves. Once but a minor, weak faction, the organization now holds unquesitioned power over the land, with none willing to dare oppose them.But there has been a change. A sea barricade created by the Maormer, the Sea Elves of the mist wrapped island Pyandonea far to the south, has been established, locking out any from leaving or entering the isle. Massive sea serpents wrap through the waters and isolate the population from the outside world, even against the Thalmors best wizards.This doom falls as life withers to the east, as trees die and crops wilt, while formerly healthy livestock simply lie down and die in agony.Whispers of Daedric Cultists – men and elves who worship the Daedric Princes – have begun to spring up across the land, leading to fear in the commoners.Greatest of all in threats to the Thalmor is Fort Greenmoth, the only location on the island to proclaim allegiance to the Imperial Legion. The future is uncertain as to if they will expand their power beyond the one fort, though all respect their combat prowess, having remained resolute against the greatest Thalmor attacks.Who are YOU?That’s for you to decide. As a youth, you were always more successful than the others. Perhaps you were the strongest fighter in the guild; perhaps you were the smartest wizard of your college. Whether you used this to become a powerful magistrate, or a vicious bandit, or simply hid it away and became a farmer, that is your choice.But now, things are changing – and you, more so than the commoners, will be ready, be it on the sidelines or at the front, facing the tides of darkness, or bolstering its strength.You are not alone, however. There are many others like you, all with their own gifts and talents that make them superior to the common populace. Whether you refuse this aid, and go on your own solo adventure in search of your own self, or go forth and conquer great enemies with their aid, that is your choice.The Elder Scrolls of which the future is written upon in prophecy do not dictate what shall happen in these coming days – that is for you to do. Take up arms and accept this destiny. This is not the fulfillment of prophecy – but it will certainly be a tale to tell!Recent Happenings

• [*]There has been an outbreak of diseases reported across the smaller island of Summerset Isle. This is strongest displayed in the death of livestock and crops.[*]There is a massive Maormer barricade blocking sea traffic from Summerset Isle to the island. Magical combat has proven useless to taking them out. No aggressive attacks performed as of yet. For the last three years, no information has left the isle or gotten in, save through magical transportation. The Maormer have attacked the Isles before, but with a larger force which was mysteriously destroyed by a huge storm - they have a good reason to hate the Altmer, who banished them from the Summersets long ago.[*]Daedric cults have been taking over old ruins and restoring them to glory under the noses of the distracted Thalmor. New cults pop up ofteh, and old ones grow.[*]The Imperial Legion has been reborn in Fort Greenmoth for over eight years now, resisting all Thalmor attacks. Leadership is attributed to Sir Perrius Natha. Numbers impossible to determine.

~ATLAS~

This section details the geography of the Summerset Isles. For an understanding of where it is on the world map, check out this link -Most locations are found in canon. The geography was roughly based off of that in Arena.

image001.png

The Summerset Isles are composed of three islands – Summerset, the largest isle, the unnamed smaller island on the east, and Ataeum, home to the Psijic Monks. Artaeum is known for its ability to literally fall of the face of the world at certain times – this is one of them. Access is impossible.There are a number of locations to describe.Alinor: The city of Alinor is the largest city on the island, composed of three districts – the inner city, the outer city, and the docks. The docks are the home to all non-Altmer, and, obviously, docks. The outer city is where most of the Altmer reside, hidden behind massive walls. Those are nothing compared to the imposing inner wall that holds the nobles in the inner city.Outside of the city is the crater that marks the remains of Fort Bluemoth, destroyed in the Oblivion Crisis.Alinor is ruled by King Harionor, son to the former King Alinor. Harionor is not a member of the Thalmor, but supports them and allows them free reign. As such, they grant him control of the Aldmeri Dominion.Magical abilities cannot be used in the docks or outer city. This prohibition does not extent to the inner city.It is based around the only known mines of the rare material called Elven Glass, a greenish, glasslike and nigh indestrtructible material.Firsthold: Firsthold is the largest city not under the control of the Altmer. Instead, it is controlled by the Dunmer woman Queen Morgiah, widow to the later King Haroodil.It is the only city to allow the practice of necromancy (Morgiah, it is said, made deals with the great Necromancer leader Manimarco years past), and also allows the summoning and open worship of Daedra.The most striking building in Firsthold is the orrery, a massive complex where mages of great power can be found studying the sky above and recording their findings. Many vandals have tried trashing it; none have succeeded.Morgiah and the Thalmor have an unstated agreement of peace, but it is a straining one. Neither support the other, but both know not to go after the other - the Thalmor for political reason, Morgiah for her own safety.Cloudrest: The city of Cloudrest is built atop the mountain Eton Nir. It is a tiered city, one atop the other, though the bottom tiers have been abandoned for thousands of years – amidst them can be found ancient elven ruins and old daedric tembles, and the very bottom tiers are made of coral dragged hundreds of miles from the sea. Towards the very top, it is composed of cold resistant vegetation and vine bridges.Haro’Kah rules the city of Cloudrest. By all appearance and mannerisms he is an Altmer, though he is actually only a quarter so. His half-brother, Uricka, an illegitimate son to his mother (his royal parent), is often proposed to replace him due to pure blood. The Thalmor do not actively challenge his rule, preferring to keep to the shadows, but likely support Uricka.The gates of Cloudrest are closed to the public due to these political conflicts. Adventurers can often ignore this barricade by sneaking through the bottom tiers and making their way up.ETON NIR (Landmark): But a hill to the Throat of the World, Eton Nir is the largest mountain of Summerset Isle. None have ever built at its highest reaches, though its great width (the entire grey area on the map that it is marked on is its base)allows it to be spread out along the side. It is surrounded by thick rainforests. Many caverns and monsters cover the mountainside.Lillandril: The city of Lillandril is a thriving port city. It is known as a kingdom, though its government is a mageocracy – one ruled by a high council of 57 mages. The only way to get into this council is by slaying another mage on the council, and taking their position (each ears a rank, such as 13th Mage or 1st Mage) in a duel of only magic and magical items. Each council member is a powerful wizard.Lillandril allows the Thalmor in the city, but only a few members of the council truly support their conquest. The city of Lillandril likes to be left alone.Shimmerene: Shimmerene lies in the center of a great forest, and is built in multiple rings of verdant greenery that blend into the surrounds - navigation is impossible without a map. Even the houses seem composed of the plant life. It is centered around a massive island fortress overlooking a crystaline lake.The High Elf queen Vastala rules the city. She is a powerful sorceress, though few are allowed to ever see her. She is a prominent member of the Thalmor and supports them wholeheartedly. As such, her coffers are always full, and the Thalmor are based here in the city.Sunhold: Sunhold was once a much more prosperous and glorious city before it refused to yield to the Empire during its formation and was crushed by massive Golem known as Numindium. Today, it is a much smaller and more peacefully city known by the same name – the Principality of Sunhold, ruled by Prince Merus Kanthra, and Altmeri Battlemage.Sunhold is a mining city, not one of agriculture, and contains the isles only mines for the rare material Ebony – a jet black, volcanic ore able to make wondrous equipment. For this reason, Merus and his elite Battlemage guard are clad in Ebony armor. He himself is clad in Daedric armor – Ebony armor that has been infused with the spirit of a lesser Daedra.Merus is the only truly anti-Thalmor ruler. He believes that the Altmer should keep to themselves and not risk the doom that a second Aldmeri Dominion could bring. This isolationist belief is rarely given echoes of support.Dusk: The city of Dusk is located at the end of one of the many rivers emerging from Lake Summerset. Here, the land is very fertile, making Dusk an excellent location to grow crops even in the desert. Not many high elves live here, despite being ruled by one – King Lysorain, a High Elf of significant martial prowess.Far from the outskirts of the city is Fort Dawnmoth, an abandoned Legion garrison now occupied by the White Triangle bandits. Each wears an amulet, and these amulets have a 50 GP bounty on them.Skywatch: The city of Skwatch is built high in the mountains. It was once the provinces seat of Imperial power, centered on a massive dragon statue. Now, the statue is shattered, and very few men remain in the city with the still vengeful elves.In an odd twist, the last Fighters Guild remains here in Skywatch, recruiting associates whenever it gets the chance.The Altmer Mage Lord Sanmarine rules the city. He has a number of assassins under his employ. One of the rebels who took Skywatch from the Imperials, though now far older, he was both then and now a member of the Thalmor. He allows them to have their second largest base here, from which their operations on the smaller island are based.Crystal Tower (Landmark): The Crystal Tower was once the center of magical learning in Tamriel; now, the Oblivion Crisis has rendered it a shattered area. The tower is gone – and much of the information it held.The reformed Mages Guild – kept under careful Thalmor watch – has established an academy upon the ruins of the tower, conducting its remaining magical energy and slowly building a new tower.Only high ranking mages may access the tower; all may access the academy libraries and, for a fee, the Guild Guides, mages who can instantly transport one to any city in the Isles.Unfortunately, Trolls have claimed the upper levels of the new Tower – it took only one to do it – halting construction. Nobody is allowed into the area, due to the threat that killing one incorrectly may just result in an even worse situation.Navo Sharm (Landmark): Navo Sharm is the largest ruin in the isles. Ages ago, it was a powerful city; now, nothing is really known about it, even by the elves. The blame for its destruction is pinned on magic gone haywire. A sprawling area, it has many areas above and under the ground yet to be explored. It is a common meeting place for adventurers.Quetzicatirile (Landmark): A couple miles wide, Quetzicatirile is the largest daedric ruin on the Isles, built by thousands of worshippers in the past. Sacked of ancient treasures, it was claimed regardless by a small army consisting of dozens of worshippers and their daedric servants. Their allegiance is unknown. Only an army could break through their lines.Fort Greenmoth (Landmark): The last remnant of Imperial power in the Isles – perhaps even all of Tamriel. Sir Perrius Natha resides here, and despite never having been given the title, calls himself the Knight of the Imperial Dragon.Greenmoth is well fortified. It is composed of a courtyard below, facing to the see, and a large keep. From the keep leads a bridge to the small mountain into which the castle of Fort Greenmoth is built. About a mile away, on the coast, is a destroyed port.Greenmoth manufactures the fine equipment used by the Legion, and has the only smiths able to compose it. Using this equipment brands you a traitor to the Aldmeri Dominion.No assassin has ever succeeded leaving the Fort.Types of LocationsThere are, of course, more locations than these. The common types are listed below. Note that players may encounter any of these if they desire while travelling. Images are given with each one.Settlements – There are many settlements of twenty to a hundred people able to be found. Any settlement of more than a couple hundred is a village. The largest have populations breaching one thousand. None grow larger.Daedric Shrines There are many shrines dedicated to Daedric Princes out in the wilderness. Most have at least half a dozen cultists located near them; some, however, are hidden too well for even these cultists to find. They range in age and wear.Daedric Ruins – Before the ancestors of the Dunmer broke off from the old Aldmeri Dominion long before the empire began, large keeps were made in bizarre architectural designs. These keeps are now in disrepair, though cultists with great number and great dedication try to rebuilt them. Many are based around a Daedric Shrine, and can have dozens of cultists and Daedra within. Each has a teleportation circle with unique runes allowing transport to another like it through the use of Propylon Index; these Indexes are incredibly rare and found only in the hands of powerful beings. The image shown is actually quite correct, giant mushrooms aside.Elven Outposts - These outposts are much like ruined watchtowers, dotting the landscape. They are ancient, and many are nothing more than stones now. Most that are occupied house bandit groups. The image here shows only the archietecture; outposts are larger than this.Elven CitadelsLong before the rise of current cities, these Citadels housed the ancient Altmer of old. Now, they are sealed away and ruined, having been left behind due to their location becoming unnecessarily hard to sustain or infighting and war. The Thalmor often raid these Citadels, seeking ancient artifacts of power. Over the years, many are completely empty, though some still house undead monsters or groups of bandits. The image here shows only the largest fortress; the citadel may extend quite a long ways beyond that.Imperial Ruins These ruins are nothing more than Imperial forts. Some still stand strong; others were destroyed by attackers. They are often used by bandits and other criminals to hide within. However, unlike the ominous Elven Citadels, they are made to sustain life, and some are used to house civilians during monster attacks on a nearby settlement. The image shows a functioning Imperial Fortress, from the 3rd Era when the Empire had power.Coral Ruins – The final, and most bizarre, of ruins are those of Coral. They are literally composed of Coral – tons of it – dragged from the sea and made into the shape of massive cities. Many are located on the coastline or far off the shore. Submerged rooms, levels, or even the entire ruin are common.It is suspected Coral Ruins were created by the Sload – bloated part slug, part toad, part man abominations with powerful magical abilities from the Isle of Thras, which was long ago sunk by the combined peoples of Tamriel after the Sload killed off a massive percentage of the population with a plague.The main attraction of Coral Ruins is the presence of Coral Weaponry. Such equipment possesses powerful magical abilities. It is believed more magical oriented pieces, such as staves, were used by the Sload themselves, while weapons were given to their more powerful undead servants.

~BUILDING YOUR CHARACTER~

The typical character sheet that a player will need to use is as such –Name:Race & Gender:Training:Spellcasting:Equipment:Appearance:Personality:Biography:I will explain this step by step.Name is fairly obvious; gender doubly so. Your character must have a name that fits in a fantasy setting – Bill Nye does not work for your elf mage. We don’t need to see Aerith, Sublicus, and then suddenly a Bob. Race and training and so on is a bit more complex.RaceEach of these sections details a race as far as their natural abilities in-game, and their home province (Valenwood, Morrowind, etc.) All races save for the Altmer hail from the mainland of Tamriel. Click the link for an image.Altmer (High Elf): The Altmer are the lords of Summerset Isle, and the most powerful race for the casting of magical abilities. However, just as their greatest strength is magic, it is also their greatest weakness - Altmer have an innate weakness to elemental damage types. Disease, however, has no effect upon them. Altmer can bolster their spells to greatly increase their power, and possess two additional schools of magic. They can live hundreds of years.Bosmer (Wood Elf): The Wood Elves hail from the land of Valenwood. They are the best archers in Tamriel without a doubt, and all Bosmer can use bows at undisputed mastery. They are also adept at acrobatics. They are resistant to most poisons. Their most renowned power, however, is that once each day they can exercise weak magic to dominate the mind of a common beast, the Skordaws aside. They can live hundreds of years.Dunmer (Dark Elf): The Dark Elves of Morrowind are powerful at both blade and spellcasting. Their nature grants them near immunity to fire magic, and normal fires have little effect on them. They are able to summon the spirits of their ancestors to absorb incoming blows for them through the power Ancestor Guardian once between dusk and dawn and once between dawn and dusk. All Dark Elves can use Destruction magic and short blades. They can live hundreds of years.Orismer (Orc): Despite their monstrous appearance, the Orcs are the descendants of ancient mer, making them more like elves than men. Orcs possess powerful resistance to magical effects, being able to shrug off weaker spells, and have greatest sheer physical endurance of all races. When orcs go into their berserk rages, their skins are like solid iron, able to take injuries mortal to others. They can live into their seventies; most prefer to die before fifty.Imperial: The most common human race in the past, the Imperials are rare in Summerset Isle. In comparison to their hardier fellows, Imperials display no increased physical or even magical capabilities. Due to the lack of any true strengths, Imperial characters are granted extra rewards when they are given out by the GameMaster during the story. They can live into their eighties.Redguard: The dark skinned, wiry haired Redguards of Hammerfell are known for their dislike of magic and warrior like nature. They are the best weapon users in all of Tamriel, and all learn how to wield long blades. Heightened levels of adrenaline greatly increase the ability to react to attacks, though in high stressed situations, the ‘rush’ they feel due to overload can have disastrous end results as mortal wounds finally take their toll. All Redguards are immune to poison and highly resistant to common diseases. They are not as strong or tough as Nords or Orcs, but they are much more agile. There are less Redguards than even Imperials – many returned to Hammerfell decades ago. They can live into their nineties.Nord: These huge, light skinned people hail from the land of Skyrim to the north. Nords have natural resistance to cold bordering immunity, and have an increased tolerance to electrical attacks. They are the strongest of the races, though they lack the toughness of Orcs and the quickened speeds of the Reguards. Nords typically take a favored weapon in youth, and know how to use it, be it the longspear or the greataxe. They can live into their eighties.Breton: Bretons are the last of the human race, though they are actually the descendants of human/elf interbreeding kept strong over hundreds of years. Hailing from the province of High Rock. Like their forefathers, Bretons are more adept at magic, having the capability to learn one additional spell school. Unlike the High Elves, however, they have a resistance to magic rivaled only by Orcs. They are the physically weakest of humans. They can live well past one hundred.Argonian: Argonians are one of the beast races, in this case an intelligent, reptilian humanoid. They hail from the province Black Marsh. They are incapable of wearing armor not designed uniquely for their race, but balance this with thick scales capable of absorbing most blows for them. They can breathe underwater, being amphibious, and have adapted to their homeland by having a greater resistance to diseases and completely immunity to poisons. They can live well past one hundred.Khajiit: The Khajiit, like the Argonians, are one of the beast races, though their home is the province Eleswyr. The Khajiit come in many types, with some being the size of domestic cats, and others like the Saber Cast of Skyrim. The common breed one will play as, however, is a bipedal, feline humanoid. Khajiit can see perfectly in the dark, and unlike the Argonians can use armor for the torso and arms, but helms and like must be custom made. Age is dependant on type; PC Khajiit can pass two hundred.NPC RacesMaormer: The Maormer, or Sea Elves, appear almost identical to the Altmer, albeit significantly shorter. They are immune to natural diseases and poisons, but have no vulnerabilities like their kin. They practice their own, unique magic to control snakes, and have access to their own element of Destruction, poison. They can create walls of mists, and in great numbers can cloak whole fleets of ships.Sload The Sload appear, naturally, like a terrible sload/toad hybrids with a misshapen, barely humanoid head and something that can barely be considered arms. They practice multiple schools of magic, particularly the use of Conjuration for necromancy, and many have small hordes of undead with them.The schools of magic will be described later.TrainingWhat is ‘Training’? Well, it’s your play style. You have the magic user, rogue, and warrior.WarriorThe standard NPC is a warrior. Warriors are the most common of the classes, and the one with the most physical training. Warriors can use light and heavy armor, and can use eight weapon categories. Warrior NPCs rarely know magic; PC's may know a single school. Warriors are the only class capable (if they choose to with their character) of creating weapons and armor (over long periods of time) or repairing their equipment (in shorter time frames). Warriors can sacrifice their spell school to gain proficiency in four additional weapon types.RogueRogue can mean a variety of things - common thieves to swasbuckling heroes. They have the capability to use light armor, and have training in no more than four weapon types. Rogues will typically know two schools of magic, but may not (see below). As part of their training, rogues are far more acrobatic and more adept and jumping and climbing, along with things such as staying hidden, picking pockets, opening locks, and disarming traps. Finally, rogues can create poisons, and while there are many that must be ingested, the most common are those applied to weapons - poisoned arrows are the best way to bring Ogres down, after all. However, in order to create poisons, the rogue must sacrifice one school of magic.Magic-UserThe final type of training one can receive is that of Magic-User. Magic-users cannot use armor, save that which is bound to them through spellcasting, and are trained in only a single weapon. Magic-users have the greatest diversity of spells, being able to cast from four different schools of magic. Mages can create poisons and beneficial potions from rare ingredients. Like the rogue, the magic-user must sacrifice one school of magic to create potions and poisons.These are the three types of Training. So finally we turn to spellsThe Casting of SpellsSpellcasting allows players to draw from their natural reserves of magical energy, known as Magicka - everything has a small amount of Magicka in it, but those who use spells can actually manipulate theres. As noted above, all players have access to a number of schools of magic from which they draw their spells from. All spells require two other things – verbal components and somatic components, words of power and gestures.Spellcasting is limited only by rest. If you cast spell after spell you will tire; many experience mages learn how to wear out their enemies while in a mages duel. The GameMaster will inform you if your character is spending too much – be trustworthy about this.It is harder to cast spells while wearing armor, as it hampers somatic components. Casting time is doubled in light armor and tripled in heavy armor. This applies also when using shields and weapons; luckily you need only one hand free to cast spells.Spells can be interrupted by disrupting the concentration of a caster during the time it takes to cast it.The Schools of MagicAlteration – The College of Alteration manipulates the physical world and its natural properties. The School of Alteration basically boils down to projecting shields that block incoming physical attacks, changing weights (to burden enemies down by increasing the weight of their equipment, or lowering that of yours for greater freedom), affecting you in the water (to increase it, walk on it, or even breathe in it), to open and seal locks, and to grant greater mobility in the air (to jump incredible heights, or to slow your decent to the ground). Alteration spells can only be used on touch and take one second to cast.Conjuration – The College of Conjuration allows the mental domination and summoning or binding of equipment and creatures. The School of Conjuration basically boils down to the obvious summoning of creatures (in the hands of players, you must mark on your character sheet either Frost or Fire Atronachs), to bind weapons to the casters hand, to turn lesser undead and daedra away in fear, or to temporarily infuse energy into a corpse and animate it as an undead servant (if you choose to be able to summon an Atronach type, you lose this ability). Spells of this school are targeted and take five seconds to cast.Destruction – The College of Destruction is made up spells that cause harm to living and unliving things. It is commonly used to unleash the elements of fire, cold, and electricity in torrents or single blasts on enemies, to make targets more vulnerable to certain types of damage (commonly used to counter a species natural resistance). The creation of explosive, elemental runes is tied to this school. Spells of the Destruction school take three seconds to cast.Illusion – The College of Illusion is a set of spells used to alter the perceptions or thoughts of living creatures. The most common spells are those of reducing visibility (invisibility, which completely blocks the caster from view, but prevents them from interacting with other things or casting spells) or projecting light. Some more directly influence sight - to partially the target, or to grant the caster the ability to see in the dark. Spells of this school can also effect targets interactions – to frenzy them or calm them; to rally them or to demoralize them. Spells of Illusion take three seconds to cast, and are targeted, usually as balls of swirling green or red energy.Mysticism – The College of Mysticism allows its user to shape and focus otherworld forces for a number of effects. The most often used are those of detection (to identify the dweomers of magic items, or sense their presence, or to sense other living beings), to telekinetically move low-weight objects, or to dispel magic (either sending away summoned Daedra, though not permanent ones, or to remove an enchantment from a being). There is also a spell known as Altmeri Intervention that whisks the teleporter away to the city on the map nearest to them. Spells of Mysticism take two seconds to cast, and are targeted.Restoration – The College of Restoration allows its user to restore and fortify the body and protect it from malign influences. The most common use is to heal the casters or an allies wounds, but the purging of disease and poisons from the body is also in common practice. Restoration spells can be reversed and channeled to damage undead, causing them to actually ignite from positive energy, and held up to manifest wards that block hostile magical attacks. Spells of Restoration take three seconds to cast, and require physical contact.Specialty SpellsAll magic-users (and only that training type) has access to a singular specialty spell that they have spent years studying - for each school of magic you sacrfice, you gain one additional; for every two, another. In this case, you have complete freedom, as long as you can explain how it fits into the school, and what spells it is based on. Here are ones that you will most often see used by NPCs –Levitation (Specialty of Alteration): This spell allows the caster to actually achieve the semblance of flight, hovering around in the air as if using water walk over the water. However, the levitator is extremely slow when in the air, and must remain upright to keep balance.Dismissal (Specialty of Conjuration): By focusing an anti-conjuration and turning spell into one, the caster completely destroys an undead creature, or banishes a Daedra back to Oblivion (sufficiently powerful examples of either may remain).Command (Specialty of Conjuration): Constant summoning of otherworldly creatures wasn’t enough – this spell allows you to command weaker-willed, normal humanoid creatures and force them under your will.Disintegrate (Specialty of Destruction): The spell disintegrate channels pure destructive energy in a powerful, pinpoint beam that's capable of destroying mundane equipment with ease, and even causing severe harm to organic flesh - with enough effort, perhaps even the destruction of an entire body.Paralyze (Specialty of Illusion): An extremely potent form of demoralizing that removes all ability to move from the targets mind, holding them completely still.Silence (Specialty of Illusion): By creating a blinding and invisibility effect on sound, rather than light, the caster completely blocks all sound from exiting the target area for a short time. This prevents mages within from casting any spells. The field of silence is immobile, and can be dispelled.Chameleon (Specialty of Illusion): Grants invisibility, but without the downside of being unable to interact with other objects.Total Dispel (Specialty of Mysticism): Completely dispels all enchantments from a single being, or to send away recently summoned Daedra within 15 yards. Can be used to destroy magical constructs.Mark & Recall (Specialty of Mysticism): These two spells are one in the same. When first cast, it marks the location the caster is at for return later, expending a great deal of inner magicka. From then on, even with no Magicka, the caster can use Recall to immediately teleport back to that location after casting the spell.Regeneration (Specialty of Restoration): Extended training in restoration allows the caster completely regenerate another beings body (but not their own). The spell takes a full twenty seconds to cast, armored or not, as it is a chant, not a single word. During the casting, the casters body is preserved from deteriorating, save that done by external forces (so they won’t bleed out, but can be cut down), and at its conclusion, the target is restored from any injury save death itself.Other SpellcastingThere are more powerful spells NPCs may use, such as permanently binding a Daedra to Tamriel or animating undead so that they remain eternally. These spells cannot be learned by the players unless given to them by the GameMaster. They are often of ritualistic nature.EquipmentStats wise, equipment means very little, save what you have. Light armor and heavy armor refer to types of armor – plate mail is obviously heavy armor, while leather is a type of light armor. Material is also a factor. Players start off with mundane, iron, steel, leather, hide, etc. equipment at their disposal (though for weapons, the use . You may optionally have a single silver quality weapon, as below. There are, however, a few more varieties of equipment –Silver – On par with steel weaponry, silver is the most common material able to hurt creatures such as Daedra, Vampires, and overcome immunity to normal weaponry.Elven & Dwarven – Elven equipment is very expensive and hard to gain access to. It is more potent than silver and mundane materials. Dwarven equipment is similar, though it is harder to get due to being extremely limited in supply, and new dwarven equipment is not simply made. Weapon wise, they are equal, though dwarven blunted weapons have an advantage; as do elven bows and axes. Elven armor is always light (despite being a heavy looking metal, it is very light) and dwarven armor is always heavy (it’s even heavier than it looks).Mithril & Adamantium – A rare material, mithril is used typically to make chainmail suits lighter than feathers though able to survive a dragons bite. Adamantium is much like mithril, though far heavier and more durable. The weapons are relatively equal, dependant on purpose – adamantium is tougher, mithril is lighter. Mithril armor is always light, and adamantium armor is always heavy. Mithril weaponry is inferior to adamntium, save for those which need to be lighter.Glass & Ebony – Glass and ebony are both volcanic, are the rarest of natural materials. Glass is very light, and though it looks brittle, the greenish material is almost impossible to bend, and when it does, it can rarely ever be snapped. Ebony is almost impossible to damage without magical items or spells. Glass weapons are lower quality than ebony ones, but also lighter and often sharped. Glass armor is always light, ebony is always heavy.Daedric – Daedric equipment is extremely rare – only a few complete sets exist on the mortal plane, despite the number of mages to be found. It can be found as a heavy armor. Daedric overcomes resistances as silver, and weapons of this quality can completely sunder lesser weapons. Daedric armor is extremely heavy, a price to pay for being almost invulnerable to all harm.There are other types of equipment as well. Orcish armor, dreugh armor, all sorts can be found and imagined. These are just the guidelines.Standard adventuring equipment includes backpacks, climbing gear, lockpicks, and anything that can help you on your quest.All I ask for this is a simple – don’t go overboard. If your character is supposedly pretty wealthy, they will have better stuff at their disposal, but never any better than what is listed here.However, there is one last thing for weaponry and the like – proficiency. There are a number of weapon ‘categories’, the number you can use based on training. List which ones you can use with your training –Long Blades – Longswords, claymores, broadswords, scimitars, etc.Short Blades – Short swords, daggers, etc.BowsCrossbowsSpearsPole AxesAxesHammers & MacesFlailsPicksStavesOther (more exotic weaponry; only one weapon of each type, such as the whip, or the double-bladed sword, and you must have proficiency in a weapon type similar, such as long blade for the latter or flails for the former)The standard currency of the Summerset Isles is the Gold Piece (GP). Typically, weapons of iron quality are purchased in the tens of gold. Gold is unnecessary at character creation and is simply a reward that is found over time (players can simply gain small amounts while out adventuring). No more than 200 GP can be available to players when they start the game. Anything worth value they don’t already have is worth far more than that.Magic ItemsDespite what many would have you believe, Magic Items are quite common. Most adventurers have them. They come in thousands of forms and levels of enchantment. The number of characters you have is noted later; between all of them, you may have two [2] magic items not including ones found while adventuring.Do whatever - if it's too powerful it won't be approved; if it seems underpowered I'll let you know.Appearance, Personality, and BiographyWith that finished, we move on to appearance and biography. Each race has a typical appearance - such a typical picture is listed with the species. Altmer are the tallest of the races, and Bosmer are the shortest – Nords are not as tall, but much wider than even the largest Altmer.Your personality gives a list of your characters personality - how they behave, their mannerisms, the like. Please also include the Lawful/Chaotic/Good/Evil/Neutral alignment that most matches your character if you know what it is.Your biography is a personal compilation of at least fifty words that describes your characters history – who they are, what skills they have, their job (if any), any relatives worth mention if you choose to, maybe a list of former masters even. Anything and everything you think is worth mention put down. This includes age.Because if you say you’re an alchemist or a blacksmith or something, and I don’t see it in the Biography, you can’t do it. Even for a class feature.If you are familiar with the Elder Scrolls mythos (this is not required), you can choose to make note of your Birthsign and what your Class would be. This does not effect your game stats, but it's how you will be adressed.

~BESTIARY AND CURSES~

This section covers the last two things before the rules – the creatures of Summerset Isles, and the curses of Vampirism and Lycanthropy.BestiaryThere are numerous creatures that an adventurer may encounter during their journeys. They are recorded here by type, and listed in order of power. All creatures listed here may be faced whnenever you feel like; others are extremely rare or powerful and will only be encountered if the GameMaster deems that it is to be brought into the game.Beasts (Magical & Mundane)Beasts are the common creatures of the Summerset Isles. In some cases, they are just oversized forms of common creatures (giant rats and snakes, or even giant spiders and scorpions). In other cases, they are hybrids of other creatures (the Cliff and Jungle racers are lightning fast reptilian/bird hybrids, Wix Hounds are wolf/insects, and the Durzog is a massive [in size and intelligence] amphibious dog/fish often found serving Goblins).The most powerful beast of Summerset Isle is it’s truly unique Skordaws, twelve legged spiders with two additional spiked arms and huge, poisoned stinger tails, capable of reaching of fifteen feet in length, not counting the tail. The Skordaws is the only normal beast of the Summersets that requires more than one character to fight.ConstructsIn the oldest tombs and in the lairs of great mages, constructs can be encountered – and woe to the one doing the encountering! They are immune to poison and disease, and no magic can harm them, save that listed in the specific entry. Illusion magic has no hold over them. They never need to breathe, eat, or sleep. Luckily, they are completely mindless, meaning outwitting them isn’t very hard.The most common constructs are Golems. Dwarven or elven weapons (or better) must be used to harm them, even if the weapons are enchanted. Lightning spells are potent on golems. The most common form is the stone golem. Unlucky individuals may face iron golems, which are identical save for appearance, and that adamantine or mithral, or better, must be used.DaedraThe Daedra hail from the extraplanar realms of Oblivion. Commonly, they are found in the service of a single Daedric Prince (refers to both males and females; Daedra have no truly definable gender, just a preference for manifestation). They are – Azura, Queen of Dawn and Dusk; Boethiah, Prince of Plots; Clavicus Vile, the Pactmaker; Hermaeus More, Demon of Knowledge; Hircine, the Hunstman; Jyggalag, Prince of Order; Malacath, God of Curses; Mehrunes Dagon, Prince of Destruction; Mephala, the Webspinner; Meridia, Wayward Solar Daughter; Molag Bal (best not to speak of his one); Namira, the Spirit Daedra; Nocturnal, the Mistress of Shadows; Peryite, the Taskmaster; Sanguine, Lord of Revelry; Sheogorath, Prince of Madness, and Vaermina, Lady of Nightmares.Princes reside within their own realm (though some have many) in Oblivion, served by countless lesser Daedra. Some are highly malevolent (Molag Bal and his minions); others (Azura and her servants) seem to truly care for the well being of their followers. They cannot physically enter the realm of Mundus, in no small part thanks to the sacrifice of Martin Septim. Their servants, however, can, with the aid of mortals.It is commonly held that if a being petitions to a Daedric Prince, they will be given a task, and rewarded with a powerful artifact. All save Jyggalag have at least one artifact associated with them; some have many. However, only a few are of their own make. Goldbrand, an artifact of Boethiah, was forged by Dragons; the Ebony Mail, however, was of his own make.All Daedra are immune to normal weapons; no disease or poison of mortals can harm them. Their natural weapons are considered magical. When slain, Daedra are not dead forever, but simply await reforming in Oblivion.There are no wild Daedra; they are only met in Daedric Ruins or summoned by spellcasters. The most commonly summoned Daedra are Atronachs of the Flame and Frost varieties. Flame Atronachs are the physically weaker of the two, having fragile looking, humanoid forms. They are immune to fire, but weak to cold, and have access to powerful fire related magic. Frost Atronachs are immune to the cold and vulnerable to fire. They appears as hulking humanoids with crystaline bodies. They have access to cold related magic, but not . Both types of atronach reflect one out of every eight spells cast upon them, and hate each other immensely. Both are about equivalent to players in combat, but the process of being summoned through Conjuration magic leaves them in a weakened state. There is a third variety of Atronach, the Strorm Atronach, that is significantly less intelligent than its fellows, but far more powerful than either. Atronachs are led in the planes of Oblivion by multiple Princes, who supervise them with the aid of Monarchs, the most powerful and intelligent members of their species.Many other Daedra exist, found at the shrines of their lords. Scamps and Clannfears, for instance, are herded about by Dremora at shrines to Mehrunes Dagon. Winged Twilights, on the other hand, may be found serving Azura, and Aurorans serving Meridia.If you are planning on assaulting a Daedric Ruin to a particular Prince, but lack knowledge enough for the Elder Scrolls world to know what would be found there, drop a Private Message. This applies to anybody regarding those Daedra with little revealed about them in-game.HumanoidsBesides the primary PC and NPC races, a number of more bestial humanoid types can be encountered.The most common is the Goblin – Goblins stand at barely the height of Bosmer, and are extremely vicious creatures usually found as slaves of the Altmer. They are led by officers, more powerful Goblins with the abilities of a Warrior PC and the size of a Nord, but with inferior training and equipment, and little spellcasting knowledge. Occasionally, however, you may meet a ‘free’ group of Goblins – and you don’t want to. Such goblins are much better trained and have superior equipment, and can be found led by Warchiefs, powerful Goblins standing as tall as high elves and three times as wide, using massive weapons and possessing decent knowledge of spellcasting. They are also highly intelligent, and can speak in common tongues.The Lizard Man is a dull witted, amphibious race. Though they appear to be oversized Argonians, they are a completely different race. They fight unarmed or with clubs.Centaurs are perhaps the least intelligent of these races, barely more intelligent than horses. They appear as horses with the head replaced by the upper body and head of a man. They often use spears.Gargoyles are a race of humanoids with large horns and wings. Their skin is composed of stone, and they can turn into living statues. In order to move, however, they must soften their skin – they are must vulnerable when flying. Many use spears, picks, flails, or their claws.The Dreugh reside under the waters. With crab claws for hands, thick carapaces, and legs replaced by the arms of an octopus, they are living nightmares.Imga are the most civilized of these humanoids. They reside within the cities of Summerset Isle as inferior beings. These ape-like beast men see themselves above humans, but worship the Altmer as gods, and try to mimic them as best they can.The most powerful of humanoids one will likely meet is the Ogre. Ogres are towering behemoths, nearly twelve feet tall. They lack the intelligence to use anything other than their fists and rocks. Their skin is like solid stone. They are said to be vulnerable to poison.There is one other race, the Summerset Troll. Pray you never meet one.UndeadNo being is more foul than the undead. Immune to cold, illusions, poison, and disease, and unaffected by hunger, age, or the need to breathe, the undead are truly vulgar. In many cities, their creation is illegal – and with good reason. While many terrible types of undead, from Ghouls to Zombies, may be encountered, including a few incoroporeal varieties, they are quite uncommon.Skeletons are the weakest of the undead; skeletal corpses of humanoids given the semblance of life. They are the most common undead. They can only use simple weapons. More powerful necromancers animate Legionnaires, skeletons with a sliver of intelligence allowing them to use armor and more complex weapons like bows.Revenants are encountered only on Summerset Isle. All can use mysticism spells. They most common is the Guardian Revenant, an Altmer skeleton that wears steel armor and silver longswords that disintegrate upon their death. They are encountered either alone or in pairs in ancient crypts. More powerful revenants, the Golden and Arcane, are encountered only guarding truly great sources of treasure, and will only be seen with GameMaster consent.Vampires are powerful undead lords, and are described under the Curses heading in further detail.NPCsNPCs are a much more complicated matter. They are found in various forms of abilities and powers. Generally, common farmers and poorly trained militia are easy pickings for the average player. Skilled warriors, such as a Fighter Guild member or Maormer NPC, are dangerous, but only in numbers of three or more. The average town guardsman, the leader of a bandit camp, or similar examples are the equivalent of the average PC. Sload NPCs are normally around this level. The most powerful of NPCs can easily best the average player – the captain of the city guard or an archmage, along with some of the city leaders.Maormer and Sload NPCs are not to be encountered without GameMaster consent. The same goes for Vampire NPCs. Knock yourself out with Werecrocodiles though.Curses There are all sorts of curses whispered about by common folk, but only two are true threats to players – Lycanthropy and Vampirism.Lycanthropes (beings with the curse Lycanthropy) are encountered as Werecrocodiles, who appear as massive, scaled humanoids with huge crocodilian snouts. If you are bitten by a Werecrocodile and live, you will receive the disease Sanies Reptilius, a fatiguing disease that within three days morphs into Lycanthropy, which causes the player to change at the start of each night, once the sun goes down, into a Werecrocodile. Those immune to disease cannot become Werecrocodiles for this reason, even with this resistance removed.It can be noted that lyanthropy refers to wolves. As the first and most common lycanthropes were werewolves, the term remained steady for all breeds of were-beasts (there are many besides werewolves and werecrodiles; however, only werecrocodiles and weresharks can be encountered this far south, and the latter reside only towards the east)In this form, the player has extreme sense of smell, and is immune to normal weapons – though vulnerable to silver. They are highly resistant to magic as well. They have complete control, save an overwhelming hunger for the flesh of man or mer – preferably elf flesh. Werecrocodiles have natural regeneration that heals their injuries over time, but they lose it until they feed, and when they return to normal at dawn, they are even weaker than they were before, becoming progressively weaker until they finally feed – though this will never be lethal.A being known to be a lycanthrope will be hunted down.Outside of Werecrocodile form, the players size becomes slightly larger, and their skin slightly thicker (but cracked in a few places). They also heal injuries quicker and are immune to disease. However, their soul changes in the process, becoming a white soul of their equivalency (greater for a player) over a period of time, and they retain a great weakness to silver.Vampirism brings greater benefits but greater penalties as well. A being becomes a vampire by having a portion, but not all, of their blood drained by another vampire. They receive the disease Porphyric Hemophilia in the process - disease resistance cannot save you in this case. Within three days time, they will die – and upon their burial, at midnight they rise as Vampires, if their will was strong.While a Werecrocodile may not be evil, just cursed, a Vampire is completely and irrevocably evil. There is no good vampire, no vampire with a soul. The fact is you’re a monster. And as such, rather than a black soul, a vampire is an undead and has no soul.A vampire is undead – they gain all the benefits of this. The only benefit they do not gain is the bonus against illusions, they do, however, have an immunity to paralysis. Most vampires use illusion magic, and gain a benefit when using it. They become much quicker, stronger, and more agile, and a weaker one can grab an iron longsword in their bare palm and pull it away from the user with a quick gesture. This comes along with a much faster mind, allowing such things to happen.However, vampires are weak to fire, and in the sunlight their body begins to rapidly char up and burn away. Within a minute, even the most powerful vampire will die; when exposed to dawns first light, destruction is immediate.In addition, a vampire must feed upon the blood of mortals – Imperials and Nords are best for this, though Redguards and Bretons are also on the menu. Elves and the beast races are also acceptable, but considered poor taste. A vampire, being undead and immortal, need not feed, but their appearance begins to erode away as they do so, and many vampires are highly vain. In addition, vampires become progressively weaker the longer they go without feeding.

~CRAFTING~

The process of alchemy (the creation of poisons and potions) is a complex one in the world this RPG is set in, but basically it boils down to –In order to make potions or poisons, you need the required ingredients – nightshade, for instance, is a poisonous plant used to make especially deadly poisons. However, when combined with other things, it may produce a more positive effect. Once you have ingredients, go to an alchemists work station – most cities will have one – and make the potion. If you want to be certain which ingredients do what, check the UESP Wiki pages for ingredients. Order of precedence for effects is (Morrowind -> Skyrim -> Oblivion)The repair of equipment and its creation is possible for Warrior type characters. While repairing, given the right set up, is capable of being done in a reasonably short time frame, creating equipment takes a much longer period of time and a great deal of effort.

~THE RULES~

The RulesRule 1 – Have fun. Please.Rule 2 – No flaming another member.Rule 3 – No spamming up the topic.Rule 4 – All posts must contain a single In Character post OR be used to post profiles.Rule 5 – Posts must be IC/OOC, as described below.Rule 6 – Do not godmod, which, is when you act invincible when combating another player, or even monsters and NPCs – you can take a Mudcrab (giant crab), or even 10, but 150 will eventually bring you down.Rule 7 – Do not bunny, which is controlling another persons character.Rule 8 – Do not autohit, which is landing an injury on another character, hitting them instantly with a spell. Something like pushing a hand off your shoulder is alright; stabbing it with a knife is not.Rule 9 – Do not suddenly pull out a superpowerful weapon you never had listed before. If it’s not on your character sheet, you don’t have it (whenever you gain gold or an item, you should edit your sheet to show this). This means everything. You cannot use an item, even if you have it, until it’s on there.

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Here is the rest.~BESTIARY, CURSES, AND SOULS~This section covers the last three things before the rules – the creatures of Summerset Isles, the curses of Vampirism and Lycanthropy, and souls.SoulsEvery creature has a soul, save the undead. Captured souls can be used to enchant magic items.Petty Souls – Captured in all soul gems, including the weak petty soul gem, which is a small, yellow stone. All creatures have at least petty souls. Pushovers to kill.Lesser Souls – Lesser souls are possessed by weaker forms of creatures, such as Cliff Racers and Goblins. They are captured in at least lesser soul gems, which are long, blue stones. Easily defeated by the average player, even in small numbers.Common Souls – Found in the average Daedra and magically modified creatures on the material realm, common souls are the smallest soul often worthwhile to use in enchanting. Common soul gems are the smallest soul gem usable, and are large, grey stones. Beings with common souls can prove a threat to players.Greater Souls – Powerful creatures and Daedra have a greater soul. These souls are captured in at least greater soul gems, which appear as a jagged crystal stone covered in large spikes. Creatures with greater souls can match a single player in combat relatively evenly, and a fight can go either way.Grand Souls – Only truly great Daedra and beasts of mythic power contain grand souls. They are captured in large, golden stones called Grand Soul Gems. A monster with a grand soul will take multiple players to bring down.Black Souls – A black soul gem is used to capture the souls of men, mer, and other beings, which are called Black Souls (other souls are called ‘White Souls’). These gems appear as ebon black grand soul gemsSpecial – Some creatures have souls of such power – such as the rulers of Daedra and unique beasts of legendary ability – that no normal soul gem can trap them. There is, however, an artifact called Azuras Star capable of this. Such a creature would be impossible for any less than a team of players working together to bring down.You may not encounter a creature with a Grand soul or ‘Special’ soul without GameMaster permission, as they are not just a random encounter – they are highly powerful and extremely rare. The Skordaws is the exception.The player may start with up to four petty soul gems, four lesser, two common, and one greater.BestiaryThere are numerous creatures that an adventurer may encounter during their journeys. They are recorded here by type, and listed in order of power.Beasts (Magical & Mundane)While not really common, these creatures are all capable of being targeted by certain spells as ‘beasts’ due to lesser intellect. All beasts are disease carriers.Mudcrab – Basically a giant crab with a thick shell. Live around the water. (Petty Soul)Rat – A giant rat. (Petty Soul)Cliff Racers – Vicious bird/reptile hybrids from Morrowind, Cliff Racers can fly at astounding speeds. They have adapted well to their surroundings, and a splinter species called Jungle Racers now lives in the jungle, streamlined and colored for camouflage. (Lesser Soul)Wix Hounds – A sort of wolf/insect hybrid with red and white or green and brown coloration. They are amphibious. (Lesser Soul)Slaughterfish – Massive, serpentine fish resembling to eels, slaughterfish have two rows or razor sharp teeth and will eat anything. Usually about four feet long at full size. (Lesser Soul)Giant Spider – Huge spiders, often with deadly poison capable of killing rapidly. Usually about five feet from one leg to the other, though some are as many as eight or nine. (Common Soul)Durzog – Huge part dog, part fish beasts with a greenish skin and amphibious nature. They are highly vicious and often serve Goblins. (Common Soul)Giant Scorpion – Massive scorpions often nearing ten feet in length, with poisonous stingers and sharp claws. Their carapaces are stronger than iron. (Common Soul)Giant Snake – Huge snakes, some reaching fifty feet in length, and many of these beasts have powerful poisons. They are extremely hard to kill and work with the Maormer. (Common Soul)Skordaws – These deadly beasts appear as spiders, though covered in massive spikes and with twelve rather than eight legs. They have tendrils that hang from their mouth. They have two additional ‘arms’ with sharp spikes used to skewer foes, and huge, poisoned tails. They are immune to poisons and disease, despite being carriers. Sometimes they can reach fifteen feet in length, not counting the tail. (Grand Soul)Sea Serpent – These creatures are encountered with the Maormer blockade. They have massive rows of teeth rather than single fangs, and the largest is nearly 350 feet long by most accounts. They have scales and hides thicker than any weapon short of siege artillery can harm them, and are almost impervious to magic. (Special)ConstructsIn the oldest tombs and in the lairs of great mages, constructs can be encountered – and woe to the one doing the encountering! They are immune to poison and disease, and no magic can harm them, save that listed in the specific entry. Illusion magic has no hold over them. They never need to breathe, eat, or sleep. Luckily, they are completely mindless, meaning outwitting them isn’t very hard. They have no soul unless otherwise noted.Homonculus – These bizarre, flying creatures are composed of the pieces of Daedra patched together by a powerful mage. One requires at least silver to harm them, even if the weapon is enchanted otherwise. They can be target by fire, cold, and lightning spells, and have access to their own repertoire of Lightning Bolt, Fireball, and Enervation. Their greatest weakness is tied to their nature of being powered by a trapped Daedras soul; Dismissal strips them of magical abilities and weakens their formidable physical prowess permanently. (Greater Soul)Stone Golem – The more common of golems, Stone Golems guard powerful wizards and ancient treasure troves. They are about the size of an Ogre (see below) but stronger and tougher. At least dwarven or elven weapons are required to harm them, even if the weapon is otherwise enchanted. They can be targeted by lightning spells and temporarily paralyzed (two-three minutes) by True Dispel. Equivalent to monsters of greater souls.Iron Golem – Iron golems are the greatest of constructs, and can only be found in the most ancient of ruins. At least adamantium or mithral weapons are required to harm them, even if the weapon is otherwise enchanted. They can be targeted by lightning spells and temporarily paryalzed (ten-twenty seconds) by True Dispel. Equivalent to monsters of greater souls.DaedraNot of the mortal plane of Mundus, Daedra reside within the exterior planes of Oblivion. All serve a single Daedric Prince (refers both to males and females; Daedra do not have a truly definable gender, just a preference) – Azura, Queen of Dawn and Dusk; Boethiah, Prince of Plots; Clavicus Vile, Granter of Wishes; Hermaeus Mora, Demon of Knowledge; Hircine, the Hunstsmen; Jyggalag, Prince of Order; Malacath, God of Curses; Mehrunes Dagon, Prince of Destruction; Mephala, the Webspinner; Meridia, Wayward Solar Daughter; Molag Bal (best not to speak of this one); Namira, the Spirit Daedra; Nocturnal, the Mistress of Shadows; Peryite, the Taskmaster; Sanguine (another best not to think about); Sheogorath, Prince of Madness; and a Vaermina, Lady of Nightmares.Each Daedric Prince resides in their own plane realm (or many) in Oblivion, where hundreds of lesser Daedra serve them. Some Daedra are highly malevolent (Molag Bal and his minions, for example), while others (Azura and her servants are the best to use) actively try to aid their mortal followers. They can manifest on Mundus and speak to worshippers, but due to the sacrifice of Martin Septim the Princes cannot physically enter the realm. Their servants can, however, with the aid of mortals.Each Daedric Prince has at least one artifact associated with them, save Jyggalag. Many have multiple artifacts. However, only one artifact that a Daedra has is usually of their own making. For instance, Goldbrand, the katana often associated with Boethiah, was forged by dragons for a mortal servant. The Ebony Mail, another of his artifacts, is not, however, and was of his own making.Daedra are immune to normal weapons, meaning only silver, daedric, or magical weapons can harm them, and no mortal disease or poison can harm them. Their natural weapons overcome immunity to normal weapons.When slain, a Daedra is not dead forever, but simply returns to Oblivion and awaits reforming, making them truly immortal and impossible to destroy.Daedra are not encountered in the wild. One only meets a Daedra within Daedric Ruins, unless it has been summoned by a spellcaster in the heat of combat.Scamp – The lowest form of commonly summoned Daedra. Scamps have razor sharp claws and can cast Flames and Shield. About five feet tall, with long tails, tan skin, large ears, and a vicious grin. Resistant to fire. (Common Soul)Clannfear – More powerful than the Scamp, Clannfear are six and a half foot tall bipeds (though they can go down on all fours) with green, scaled skin and a crested head best described as that of a triceratops. They are very fast and can run for days without tiring. Resistant to all magic save for their one weakness, electricity. (Common Soul)Flame Atronach – These creatures of elemental flame seem to hover a few inches in the air and glow with radiant fire. They are weak in melee combat, save for their intense heat, but are strong in magic and extremely intelligent. They can cast Flames, Fire Shield, Fireball, and can use Flame Cloak for 10 seconds once per day. (they lose the latter when summoned). They are able to reflect one in eight spells cast upon them and immune to fire, but are highly vulnerable to cold. (Common Soul)Dremora Caitiff – The weakest of the Daedra known as the Dremora, the Caitiff serve Mehrunes Dagon and he alone. They wear heavy suits of Dremora armor, at least five times as heavy as iron but no better in quality, and wield weapons of the same likeness (these weapons are counted as silver). They are highly resistant to fire (as are all other Dremora). Caitiffs can cast Lightning Bolt and Flames. They appear as red skinned, horned humanoids the size of Nords. (Common Soul)Frost Atronach – These creatures are composed of solid ice shaped into the form of a ten foot tall humanoid. They are powerful melee combatants, and one of their hands is a large spike of ice. They have the spells Frozen Blast and Frost Cloak (once per day for 10 seconds), and they can use Regenerate once per day (the later two are lost when summoned). They are immune to cold and resistant to electricity, but vulnerable to fire. They reflect one in six spells cast upon them. Unlike Flame Atronachs, they are not very smart. (Greater Soul)Dremora Kynmacher – More powerful that the Caitiff, Kynmarchers are leaders amongst Dremora and are favored by spellcasters as loyal lieutenants. They fight using moderately enchanted silver or dwarven weapons. Kynmarchers will possess eight spells from up to three different schools, with only one 3rd tier spell. They stand about seven feett tall. (Greater Soul)Nether Hound – Nether Hounds appear as huge black wolves made of pure shadow. They hail from a plane of Oblivion so foul none of the Princes try to claim them. They have a fiery core allowing them to use Flames and Fireball. They are immune to fire. In the dark, they are more powerful than before. Once per night, between midnight and dawn, they can cast a Flame Cloak anywhere within sight they lasts for 30 seconds. From dusk until midnight, their Flames power also has a Vulnerability and Enervation effect. Fighting them during the day is nearly impossible, however, for at dawn a portal opens to take them to Oblivion, and they can return the following dusk. When summoned, they can take as long at any task as they want. (Greater Soul)Storm Atronach – By appearance, these creatures are a floating mass of rocks between which winds and lightning bolts crackle. They have barely any intelligence, but this does not deter from them being easily the strongest of the three Atronach types. They can cast Shocking Blast and Lightning Bolt, and can cast Storm Cloak for up to 10 seconds once per day. They are highly resistant to magic and immune to electricity. The reflect one in five spells cast upon them. (Grand Soul)Dremora Valkynaz – The highest ranking of Dremora are the Valkynaz, for they answer only to Daedric Counts and Mehrunes Dagon himself. They wear suits of Dremora Lords Armor, equivalent to adamantium but much heavier, and use weapons of ebony or daedric quality. They have eight spells available to them from all schools, and can have up to three third tier spells. Nearly eight feet in height. (Grant Soul)Fire Daemon – The rare Fire Daemons come from the same planes as Nether Hounds, where they herd the lesser beasts. They have an aura within 10 feet equivalent to a weakened form of Enervation and Flames combined with Magicka Destroyer that can only be removed with Total Dispel – which only has 30% chance of success. They wield daedric battleaxes enchanted to remove make all that they strike weak against fire. They are immune to illusion magic effects. In appearance, they are ten foot tall bull headed humanoids with black skin and a yellow belly. (Grand Soul) HumanoidsBesides the primary races, there are a number of White Soul bearing humanoids that may be encountered on the Summersets. They have no special abilities outside those listed as a collective.Goblin – These hunched over beings stand about four feet in height, smaller than a Bosmer, with green skin. They are the weakest of humanoids, and typically wield shoddy weapons or fight unarmed. Many are enslaved by the Altmer. Not very smart, and regarded as foul beasts. (Lesser Soul)Imp – Small humanoids with insect like wings barely standing at two feet, Imps aren’t very smart, but have innate abilities replicating spells – they can hurl small balls of fire, shoot weak lightning bolts, or emit small blasts of cold. However, they have very little innate Magicka to do it with, meaning they run out of spell casting ability quick, at which point they fly away.Lizard Man – Dull witted Lizard Men are not related to Argonians, though many believe they are. They have thick, heavy scales and are very bulky, the size of Nords. They fight unarmed or with clubs. (Lesser Soul)Goblin Officer – Leaders amongst Goblins, these stand as tall as a Nord and have the abilities of a Warrior PC, though few have armor to use with and can only use Tier 1 spells. (Common Soul)Centaur – Dumber than goblins even, Centaurs are horses with the head replaced by the upper body of a man. They can use weapons, typically spears, which they wield surprisingly well. (Common Soul)Imga – Imga reside within the cities of Summerset Isle, where they are treated as below all others. These ape-like beast men see themselves above humans, but worship the Altmer like deities, and try to mimic them as best they can. They are reasonably intelligent. (Common Soul)Gargoyle – Large humanoids with large horns. They have wings. Their skin appears to be composed of stone, and they can turn into statues. In order to move, however, they must soften their skin – they are most vulnerable when flying. They attack with their sharp claws, or use picks. (Greater Soul)Dreugh – What keeps the wise away from the oceans is the Dreugh – with sharp crab claws for hands and a thick carapace topped upon the tentacles of an octopus, they are a nightmare brought to life. The wax between their shells and softer interior body is used to make powerful equipment, and the carapace itself is extremely strong if worked with correctly. (Greater Soul)Goblin Warchief – Very few of these powerful goblins exist. As tall as high elves and almost three times as wide, they fight with massive weapons and rough heavy or light armor while wielding spells up to the 2nd tier in numbers of five-seven. They are the most intelligent of Goblins, and many can speak in common tongues. (Greater Soul)Ogre – Ogres are towering behemoths, standing at twelve feet in height and with skin as thick as the rock it resembles. They fight using their great fists and by hurling rocks, being incredibly dull. It is said that they are vulnerable to poison. (Greater Soul)Dreugh Warlord – Much larger than the average Dreugh, and much smarter, little is known about these spellcasting abominations who live far beneath the waves. (Grand Soul)Summerset Troll – As dumb as Ogres, Trolls can be found across Tamriel, but never more dangerous than in the Isles. These green and brown furred beast are huge, towering at fourteen feet in height, and have a constantly active Regenerate effect upon them that rapidly restores their limbs and heals all injuries. Worse still, if a piece of a troll is left unattended, it will regrow into yet another troll given time. The only way to stop their regeneration is by applying fire to them and utterly destroying the body. (Grand Soul)UndeadNo being is more foul than the undead. Immune to cold, illusions, poison, and disease, and unaffected by hunger, age, or the need to breathe, the undead are truly vulgar. In many cities, their creation is illegal – and with good reason. Still, the ancient mages used them to guard their treasuries, and this subtype known as Revenants are known and feared across the isles by treasure hunters.Revenants, one of the types of undead listed here, have souls that can be trapped. They are the skeletal corpses of Altmer granted intelligence and great training in weaponry. Only the Guardian Revenant may be encountered without GameMaster consent due to their great sources of treasure.Skeleton – The weakest form of undead is the skeleton – the skeletal corpse of a humanoid being given the semblance of life. They can use simple weapons. (Equivalent to Lesser Soul)Skeletal Legionnaire – A more powerful form of skeleton. They have a sliver of intelligence and are capable of wearing pieces of armor and using more complex weapons like bows. (Equivalent to Common Soul)Guardian Revenant – These are the weakest of Revenants. They wear steel armor that disintegrates upon their death and bear silver longswords they leave upon their death. They can cast Telekinesis, Detect Life, Detect Enchantment, and Dispel. They are encountered alone or in pairs. (Common Soul)Golden Revenant – These powerful beings are tasked with guarding stockpiles of gold. They are never encountered away from there. They are immune to normal weapons and wear elven armor and shields that disintegrate upon their death. Their enchanted elven swords remain, however. They are served by five to ten Guardians and have the same spells as those creatures. (Greater Soul)Arcane Revenant – Eternally guarding powerful magic items, Arcane Revenants wear no armor, but instead wear robes. They constantly are under the effect of Levitation, and can speed up for up to four minutes over the course of a day. They can cast True Dispel, Invisibility, Absorb Health, Slow, Vulnerability, Disintegrate, Create Undead, Blind, Light, and Sanctuary in addition to the spells of lesser Revenants. They are accompanied by eight to twelve Guardian Revenants and a Golden Revenant. They attack whoever has the greatest magic item. (Greater Soul)Vampire – Vampires are powerful undead lords. They are described under the NPC heading. NPCsNPCs are a much more complicated matter. They are found in various forms of abilities and powers. Though all have black souls, which are the equivalent of a weaker grand soul, their abilities are best classified the same way –Petty Equivalent – NPCs of this level live sedentary life styles – a secretary or banker, for example.Lesser Equivalent – NPCs of this level range from common famers to poorly trained bandits on the highway.Common Equivalent – NPCs of this level range from those with combat experience, such as a member of the Fighters Guild, at the very bottom, with a well trained individual such as a better trained criminal. These individuals may have a ‘training’ type.Greater Equivalent – This category makes up well trained soldiers such as the town guard or other adventurers at the very bottom, below the average PC, and the leader of a bandit clan or high ranking member of a guild at the tip. These individuals will have a ‘training’ type.Grand Equivalent – Very few NPCs are this powerful, but those who are can be considered among the most powerful beings on the Summerset Isles. These individuals are well beyond the abilities of PCs to handle single handedly, and include the captain of the town guard with years of experience or an archmage secluded in his tower. May not be encountered without GameMaster permission.Finally, there are two NPC races that have black souls rather than white souls.Maormer – These are the sea elves, a splinter race of Altmer banished from their home land. They retain their brethrens immunity to disease, but rather than a vulnerability to magic, they have an immunity to poisons as well. Maormer have complete control over snakes, and have access to powerful forms of destruction magic involving poisons unique to their species. As a racial ability, they can create a wall of mist once each day, and in greater numbers they can use these mists to hide entire fleets. Not to be encountered without GameMaster consent; at least Common Equivalent.Sload – The foul Sload appear to be slug/toad hybrids with small arms. Hailing from the land Thras, they are among the greatest threat to Summerset Isle. They are powerful Necromancers, even if they can barely move their own body to perform physical contact, and are always surrounded by at least a dozen skeletons. The average Sload has access to at least Conjuration, Destruction, Restoration, and Mysticism, though most dabble into Alteration and Illusion. Most will have a number of magic potions with them, and a Sload without magic rings and staves is considered a foolish one. Not to be encountered without GameMaster consent; at least Greater equivalent.Curses There are all sorts of curses whispered about by common folk, but only two are true threats to players – Lycanthropy and Vampirism.Lycanthropes (beings with the curse Lycanthropy) are encountered as Werecrocodiles, who appear as massive, scaled humanoids with huge crocodilian snouts. If you are bitten by a Werecrocodile and live, you will receive the disease Sanies Reptilius, a fatiguing disease that within three days morphs into Lycanthropy, which causes the player to change every night at 9 PM into a Werecrocidle.In this form, the player has extreme sense of smell, and is immune to normal weapons – though vulnerable to silver. They are highly resistant to magic as well. They have complete control, save an overwhelming hunger for the flesh of man or mer – preferably elf flesh. Werecrocodiles have natural regeneration that heals their injuries over time, but they lose it until they feed, and when they return to normal at 6 AM, they are even weaker than they were before, becoming progressively weaker until they finally feed – though this will never be lethal.A being known to be a lycanthrope will be hunted down.Outside of Werecrocodile form, the players size becomes slightly larger, and their skin slightly thicker. They also heal injuries quicker and are immune to disease. However, their soul changes in the process, becoming a white soul of their equivalency (greater for a player) over a period of time, and they retain a great weakness to silver.Vampirism brings greater benefits but greater penalties as well. A being becomes a vampire by having a portion, but not all, of their blood drained by another vampire. They receive the disease Porphyric Hemophilia in the process. Within three days time, they will die – and upon their burial, at midnight they rise as Vampires, if their will was strong.While a Werecrocodile may not be evil, just cursed, a Vampire is completely and irrevocably evil. There is no good vampire, no vampire with a soul. The fact is you’re a monster. And as such, rather than a black soul, a vampire is an undead and has no soul.A vampire is undead – they gain all the benefits of this. The only benefit they do not gain is the bonus against illusions, though they do have an immunity to paralysis. They become much quicker, stronger, and more agile, and a weaker one can grab an iron longsword in their bare palm and pull it away from the user with a quick gesture. This comes along with a much faster mind, allowing such things to happen.However, vampires are weak to fire, and in the sunlight their body begins to rapidly char up and burn away. Within a minute, even the most powerful vampire will die; when exposed to dawns first light, destruction is immediate.In addition, a vampire must feed upon the blood of mortals – Imperials and Nords are best for this, though Redguards and Bretons are also on the menu. Elves and the black soul holding beast races are also acceptable, but they are not nearly as favored. A vampire, being undead and immortal, need not feed, but their appearance begins to erode away as they do so, and many vampires are highly vain. In addition, vampires become progressively weaker the longer they go without feeding.~ALCHEMY & ENCHANTING~The process of alchemy and enchanting are two complex ones in the world this RPG is set in, but I have made a simplified version of it.In order to make potions or poisons, you need the required ingredients – nightshade, for instance, is a poisonous plant used to make especially deadly poisons. However, when combined with other things, it may produce a more positive effect. Once you have ingredients, go to an alchemists work station – most cities will have one – and make the potion. If you want to be certain which ingredients do what, check the UESP Wiki.For enchantments, you need a soul gem in order to do it – the more powerful the soul, the better the item able to be enchanted. Black soul gems are the easiest to use for powerful magic items, as it’s easier to kill a peasant than an ogre on any day, but they are almost impossible to find, and it’s considered inherently evil to use them.Common enchantments for each type of soul are –Petty – A weak blast of lightning emitted on strike from a weapon once in a day.Lesser – As above, though perhaps three times.Common – When struck to an object, the blade releases a strong surge of electricity three times each day.Greater – The weapon appears sheathed in electricity some of the time, and when it strikes an enemy it releases a point blank lightning bolt effect thrice each day.Grand – The blade is extremely powerful, and visibly crackles with electrical energy. It releases a point blank lightning bolt level affect seven times each day.Special – The weapon has reached the power of a pseudo-artifact. On strike it sends out a double strike, point blank lightning bolt capable of paralyzing any it strikes seven times each day.As you can see, souls are extremely valuable to have at your disposal if you wish to create enchanted item. There is one use for a petty soul, however – making an item able to strike a being immune to normal weapons. But if you have an ebony weapon, it becomes a tougher choice – you may not get another one for a while, unless the GameMaster is feeling really generous, so should you waste the enchantment (as they cannot be removed) on the weapon now, or wait until you can get a stronger one.Items are enchanted at an altar of enchanting.~THE RULES, TIME, AND MAGICAL COMBAT~TimeTime is a factor in this RPG – it is assumed to start at 6 AM. Dawn. The beginning. Game time is not real time; an hour may go by in game and a full day in the real world. And of course time will be messed up; somehow you travelled across the whole province in the time it took for two wizards to fight. Just go with it. As for summoning times and the like, you be the judge during combat – after it’s been about 40 seconds, your summon goes away, and so on.So when something says ‘takes an hour’, or ‘at noon’, it means in-game, not out of game.Magical CombatHonestly, there is little more exciting than magical combat (if your imagination works well enough, that is). However, when two wizards fight with spells, all sorts of things must be remembered about the fight itself.First of all, you take time casting spells. Counterspell, being designed to interrupt others, is the only one that nearly instantly casts. Thus, because it completely cancels out other wizards, it would be the best spell, right? Well, wrong. It takes a while to recharge. It’s hard to use right – and it sacrifices your spell casting for a while. After you’ve shown you know it, your enemy can easily set up a ploy. And summoned creatures are the bane to any counterspeller – almost as much so as magical items, which do not require casting a spell to activate. So what about Magicka Destroyer? Well, it can be counterspelled, and it can be blocked by Shield.More importantly, by taking these spells when you initially start, you weaken yourself to non-spellcasters – Flame Cloak is certainly better against a horde of Goblins than Counterspell will ever be! But against a spellcaster, it can be useless – counterspell, dispel, total dispel, magicka destroyer.Reflect and spell absorption are good for mages who want a simple enchantment. Again, counterspell when cast and total dispel afterwards. By now you’ve noticed a pattern – mysticism spells are typically used to counter.There is no perfect combination of spells. Every combination has a counter. Every counter has a counter.The RulesRule 1 – Have fun. Please.Rule 2 – No flaming another member.Rule 3 – No spamming up the topic.Rule 4 – All posts must contain a single In Character post OR be used to post profiles.Rule 5 – Posts must be IC/OOC, as described below.Rule 6 – Do not godmod, which, is when you act invincible when combating another player, or even monsters and NPCs – you can take a Mudcrab (or 10), but 150 will eventually bring you down.Rule 7 – Do not bunny, which is controlling another persons character.Rule 8 – Do not autohit, which is landing an injury on another character, hitting them instantly with a spell. Something like pushing a hand off your shoulder is alright; stabbing it with a knife is not.Rule 9 – Do not suddenly pull out a superpowerful weapon you never had listed before. If it’s not on your character sheet, you don’t have it (whenever you gain gold or an item, you should edit your sheet to show this). This means everything. You cannot use an item, even if you have it, until it’s on there. Just to avoid difficulties.Rule 10 – Keep in character. Your characters do not say ROFL or LOL. They might laugh, chuckle, but they won’t call themselves ‘gibberish’ or say how much they are ‘Like a boss’.Most corporal punishment for breaking rules is applied to the character breaking the rules. I punish the character you seem to like the most if it happens to be the player more than the players playing of the character. Punishments will be dealt based on the problem.Players are allowed to have two characters, their primary and their alternate. Gaining other characters is a reward that is earned by one or two people at the end of a portion of a story arc that they participated end (only two character slots can be earned by one person, and only one per story arc – thus, if a story arc has three acts to it, and you go through all three, you cannot gain two character slots. You either have to participate in other arcs, or use your alt in the same story arc.If you tire of one of your characters, ask the GameMaster. If they have had a good run, or are given a reasonable death, you may retire them. You cannot simply kill off a character randomly and just because you feel like it, however.Of IC and OOCYour initial post in the topic is where you place your character. If they are approved (the approval is sent via PM) then you will be allowed to begin play.After that, all posts are made with IC (In-Character) and OOC (Out-of-Character), as follows –QuoteOOC: Is anybody else coming to Alinor anytime soon?IC: Aerith climbed up the stair way, following the wizard who so cheerfully had allowed her into his home. As the old elf asked her about her travels, she replied, “I haven’t gone to very many places so far. I need to get to Alinor now, though, so I’ll make this quick.”Sample CharacterQuoteName: Luven VenimRace: DunmerTraining: Rogue (Weapons – Light Blade, Light Blade [Wazikashi & Tanto], Bow, Staff). He specializes in combat using a dagger and wazikashi.Spells Known: Bound Longbow, Turn Undead, Dismissal, Enervation (Schools of Destruction, Conjuration, Alteration)Equipment: Luven wears a suit of leather armor, and keeps with him a steel wazikashi and dagger. He also keeps three normal iron daggers and a quiver of thirty arrows – 10 of them are silvered. He keeps a pack with 50 feet of rope and a crowbar, and has a large cloak. At his belt he has a small pouch holding a couple of coins. Finally, he has a longbow.Appearance: Rather average for a dunmer – ashen skin and glowing, red eyes. He has long since gone bald, having stripped all hair from his head. He wears a hooded cloak and leather armor, and keeps his weapons (save the smaller ones) on constant display.Personality: Luven Venim has dedicated his life to destroying undead and evil mages – particularly conjurers and necromancers. He believes all use of conjuration for things other than binding weapons and turning back undead or Daedra is inherently evil.Luven is bitter to others and is hard to gain the trust of. He doesn’t like staying with others for long, and if they seem, even for a while, opposed to him, any agreement is off. He prefers to keep to himself, or with a group of stealthy allies – wizards hurling fireballs and steel plated warriors are useful only as distractions and back up, but a good, stealthy archer can take down an enemies guard squad from afar, leaving their leader open for him to finish.Allies, the few that there are, can claim that he is quite friendly with ‘friends’. Of course, when you just have enemies you haven’t killed yet, that becomes hard.Biography: Luven Venim was born 216 years ago in Morrowind under the celestial sign known as the Shadow. Moving to Cyrodiil due to the Blight, he eventually made his way to the south west until he, and a group of other Dunmer who had left Morrowind, made their way to Firsthold. He worked up from almost nothing using his skills, having acquired magical talents through practice and martial talents through physical training. When the first reports of Necromancers emerged in Firsthold, he began a zealous crusade to lay down the lot. However, when Necromancy was made legal, he was banished for killing a more important political figure who attempted reanimating his late wife. He has wandered the land for 30 years now, alone.Final Note – Many times, the term ‘GameMaster’ is used, and it refers to me. However, you must also listen to my Co-GameMaster, Purple Bouncy. If you need help, go to him as well. If he doesn’t know he’ll just ask me.Thank You;Levacius Zehvor

Edited by PurpleBouncy

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Every action has a reaction; for every action there are infinite reactions. With every passing moment an infinite amount of universes is created. In one universe, the Earth took a rather odd course; instead of a few large continents the world shaped into over a dozen small continents. In events unknown humanity sprung up on these continents, with never ending storms covering the oceans. Deadly waves and constant hurricanes prevented these pockets of humanity from encountering each other, isolating them from their siblings as they began to grow.Now, in the modern age, these pockets of humanity have achieved space flight, and mysteriously the storms have ended. These pockets of humanity will encounter their brethren for the first time in history, either in the open hands of peace... or the closed fists of war.Stríð Karla(War of Men)Hosted by Alex Humva, Co-Hosted by Kothra StreamdiverRules of Conquest~God mode; don’t do it. What is it? When you do something completely overpowered.~~Auto hitting; preserve balance. It may be easy to get caught up in the sometimes large numbers, but remember, no gun is 100% accurate nor is any soldier a super soldier -unless specially trained, of course-.~All BZP rules apply, naturally.~Keep in perspective what your civilization is feeling; if you devote massive resources to military might, something has to give, and it’s typically civilian supplies. There’s patriotism, then there’s just plain absurdity.~IC is for In Character, OOC is for Out of Character.~Be respectful, have fun, that good stuff.Effects of Poor StrategyAny can be given at any time, but the last two require both hosts to agree on.~Warning~Random natural event -epidemic, hurricane, etc- wipes out a portion of your empire.~Military secrets are leaked to your enemies.~Empire is completely destroyed; restart.~Temporary ban, length judged by crime.~Full ban.The World At LargeThis RPG-RTS combo game takes place on an alternate Earth; the universe is more or less the same, but Earth’s geological structure has been tossed around, resulting in fifteen Australia sized continents and a number of islands. Storms have plagued the world for eons, keeping humanity isolated from itself. Amazingly enough however almost all the civilizations have progressed at the same rate, reaching a state of technology similar to our own 1980s. Later on in the game we'll advance tech levels and, if this RPG lasts long enough, reach the future. In recent times the civilizations have sent out their first space rockets, many encountering each other in orbit. With the storms gone and clear views of their neighboring continents humanity has begun to build a navy, to expand outwards and explore.The continents of the world have suspiciously rich mineral deposits of all the vital industrial minerals; iron, nickle, tin, tungsten, copper, silicon, titanium, zinc, and so forth. The islands that dot the world have similar but reduced deposits, and this all results in some very strong industries. However, there is an odd shortage of uranium and other radioactive substances in the world; because of this nuclear fission is impossible and nuclear fusion near it. This means you can’t nuke your neighbors, not unless you invest heavily into making a fusion warhead. It’s a risky move but you can use it as a threat.It should also be mentioned, due to being isolated from everyone for all their existence, the nations of the world have different languages. This plays ingame; it takes two real life days for your linguists to figure out the language and translators become actively available.As well, something more about the RPG itself than the ingame stuff, if you have an idea, a suggestion for an action, or some crazy equipment thing, ask. This RPG encourages freedom of choice and ideas. Think out of the box and don't be afraid to ask if your insane idea is ok, because that's what this is all about; having fun with stuff you typically couldn't get away with in a more grounded video game or something. Imagination is the limit here, not mechanics.Methodology of WarFirst things first; how does one make their empire? Well, everyone starts out on a continent; unless two or more players agree with each other, you get your own continent to yourself. Two or more players can however talk with each other and, if they mention that when they sign up, can start on the same continent as another player(s). Just remember to include that in your civilization’s history. Continents are then divided into provinces, represented as blocks in a grid on the map; what do provinces do? Well, you can build towns on them. You ship out a bunch of people, they make a town, the town grows, and eventually you get a productive citizenry.So you build stuff in your various provinces, and everything is cool; then you want to, say, go build a military. The military draws it’s budget from the industrial production of your cities, which represent arbitrarily all your scientific, industrial, civilian, and other benefits into a number. This number shows how much you can build; in some instances it can seem weird and irrelevant, but fact of the matter is we need some sort of system to limit production, and this is it. We talk about it more in the mechanics section.Now, you have your budding nation, your grand army, and you want to go invade someone. However do you do that? Well, you send in your troops, and start roleplaying as a sort of commander, or even going directly into the action as a soldier. Because of the scale often involved in such things -thousands of troops vrs thousands of troops-, it’s pretty easy to get lost in it, so it’s typically best if you use command your troops in their legions/squads/troop formations/whathaveyou. You could however individually command vehicles, since they tend to be in much shorter supply. Or you could micromanage every last soldier; but if you value your sanity, you won’t.When attacking people, something to keep in mind is the terrain; predetermined by the map -for the main continent at least; players are free to make up their own terrain for their own homelands-, different tactics will work in different areas. If your fighting in the city, use urban warfare tactics. If you’re fighting in the mountains, use mountain warfare tactics. So forth and so forth and so forth. Charging head on in the mountains will get you slaughtered.Then there is another strategic element; while we do have planes in this era that can nearly go all the way around the world, there is a need for refueling spots; that is what the little islands scattered throughout the world do. Now, some islands are part of a mainland sub-continent and don't work the same way; if you're confused about a certain spot PM me and I'll tell you. These islands exist in the middle of the ocean and serve as positions where you can build military bases on. They give no IP benefit but do serve as a supply point, helping your troops in far away lands and making it clear that you mean business.MechanicsThis game, while having a greater focus on the role playing and strategy parts of RPG-RTS, still has numbers and mechanics for balance. We try to keep them to a minimum, but it’s needed for these purposes.First off, getting industrial points; the name is ripped directly from our space counterpart, so deal with it. Provinces, the grids on the map, have varying industry points, as listed below;Settlement; 0 IPSmall Territory; 1 IPMedium Territory: 5 IPLarge Territory: 10 IPSmall State: 20 IPMedium State: 30 IPLarge State: 40 IPCapitol State: 60 IPSuper Province: 80 IPSeem arbitrary? It is ever so slightly, but it’s just how we roll. Now, how do you make a province grow? Well, here’s where it gets a little complex; all cities have a default time of when they’ll mature, as follows;Settlement; one weekSmall Territory; two weeksMedium Territory; two weeksLarge Territory: two weeksSmall State: 3 weeksMedium State: 3 weeksLarge State: 3 weeksCapitol State: average province cannot achieve this, but the upgrade time is still there; 4 weeksSuper Province: No further upgradeSimple enough, right?One might ask, “well, how do I found new provinces?” Well, it’s something that slightly annoys me to do but it’s simply a must to keep balance; you go into a post and say you’ve begun recruiting for a new town. It's kinda like saying 'I began production of x amount of tanks in x province', except it's more 'Recruiting calls for civilians have went out across the empire for a new settlement'. It then takes one real week for the settlers to be gathered. So what's the catch? During this time your entire empire experiences halted province growth. Yes. The entire empire. Your industry is uneffected, but your empire will stop growing. When the call is over everything returns to normal. As well, only one recruiting call can be out at any one time. It's a hard choice; do you stop your empire's growth to colonize, or bunker down and wait for another time?Now, all these large numbers may seem crazy, but that’s because unlike our space counterpart, there is no set in stone IP cost for military. Basically, when you send in your design for a tank, you can put whatever the **** you want on there. What a skyscraper sized tank with fifteen city leveling guns? Go right ahead; it’ll just cost you your entire budget. This throws standardization to the wind in favor of a more free, unrestricted design base. How does one figure out the IP cost of a unit, though? Well, you send your designs to Kothra, who using his semi-sorta vast military expertise figures something out. If you feel he gives you something that isn’t fair, argue. If you don’t win and still think it’s unfair, talk to me. If I think he’s right, well, you’re out of luck.So if you, say, build an M1 tank, Koth may say it’s five IP for a batch of two. Or something else; I’m not him, I don’t know. So it is possible to produce things in batches. It should be noted you can only build one batch of something per province. The build times and cost of building them is, again, decided by Koth.Troops... are slightly more complicated. You don’t technically ‘build’ troops; your troops are determined by your cities and their sizes, giving out a certain amount of platoons -one thousand troops-. You have a constant standing army, who’s size is directly proportional to city sizes. The amount is as follows;Outpost; no benefitSmall Territory; no benefitMedium Territory; 1 battalionLarge Territory; 2 battalionsSmall State; 4 battalionsMedium State; 5 battalionsLarge State; 10 battalionsCapitol State; 50 battalionsSuper Province: 100 battalionsNow, these are just grunt infantry and stock troop transports; they suck zero IP. If you want special teams, like say, Navy SEALs or elite snipers or super soldiers, you send in a form to, again, Koth, and he deals with the training time and how much upkeep they cost, as elite soldiers always get paid more.MapCurrent model, version 1.0. Terrain Map; not currently done, will be done when it is required for gameplay.Color key; used to tell players part.Entry FormsThis is where you go to send stuff in. Your civilization, it’s vehicles, all of that good stuff, uses a standardized form. Either post all your stuff in the topic or in your blog so we know what we're dealing with. Also, as a note, the weapons form serves to explain exotic weapons; if you're making a standard tank, just say the tank's gun in the tank form. If you have something exotic like a sonic cannon, then you have a weapon form explaining it.Also, POST YOUR FORMS IN TOPIC OR YOUR BLOG AND POST A LINK TO YOUR BLOG ENTRY. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, NASTINESS HAPPENS.Civilization Form:Name: All nations have a name; what’s yours?History: Your people have a backstory; explain it. This also doubles as a sort of personality area, so you can explain why your people are pacifists or xenophobics or what.Cultural traits: Everyone has them; generalists? Technologists? Warriors? Merchants? While they have no impact on your IP, it is taken into account when you’re role playing.Location: You get your own pretty continent, unless you and someone else agree to play on the same one. You get the entire continent because of the era this is set in, so you may have whatever combination of city classes you wish that add up to one hundred and fifty IP.Vehicle Form:Vehicle Class: We got M1 tanks in real life, what’s yours?Vehicle Description: Is it an airplane? Hovercraft? Tank? Humvee? Describe it here.Weaponry: Unless it’s completely unarmed, it’s going have something.Upkeep/Build time/Build Cost: Determined by Koth or, if he’s busy, me; leave blank and we’ll tell you.Troop Form:Division Name: Navy SEALs? Section 13? ****’s Troopers? Think of something.Division Description: Describe exactly what makes these guys go above and beyond the average foot soldier. As well, you can include specialized troop transports in here for them if you wish.Weaponry: What specs are they carrying?Upkeep/Build time/Build Cost: Determined by Koth or, if he’s busy, me; leave blank and we’ll tell you.Weapons Form: Weapon Name: It's exotic so you could give it a cool name if you so wanted.Weapon Description: Why is this so worthy of it's own form explaining it's function?Weapon Cost: Some weapons are so good they actually add to the IP cost; Koth will tell you this number.SignaturesCourtsey of Veeci.Sig 1Sig 2

Edited by Sweetroll Thief Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Uh, how is it approved five times? Sisen never posted his approval. 0.o

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

After one miserable failure, roughly a week, and one major overhaul, I'd like to re-present the MLP: FIM RPG!BTW, GMs are Sky Phazer, myself, Toa of Dancing, Pinkamena Diane Pie, and TheToast7.

MY LITTLE PONYDRAGONS IN EQUESTRIAMany years ago...Dragons had lived in the land of Equestria long before the Ponies lived there. When the Ponies arrived, the dragons accepted the strange creatures to their lands. For the first years, they lived together in peace, and the dragons were accepted as Peacekeepers in some towns. But they were feared.The Dragons eventually became angry at the Ponies that feared them, and became the very creatures that the ponies said they were.They destroyed the towns that the Ponies had built, and were almost at the point of pushing them out of Equestria all together.The ruler of the Ponies, Princess Celestia, instructed the great mage, Janus Starweave, to construct a spell that can expel the Dragons from the lands. He eventually finished this task, but determined it would absorb all of his energy.This spell would have to be used on the King of the Dragons, Darkfang the Ultimate. Only by doing this could all the dragons be expelled from Equestria.Janus Starweave, along with several other warriors, left to Darkfangs Keep, where they would use the spell to expel the dragons.It was said from one of the survivors of that group, that the battle that took place was simply spectacular."There, in the center of a ring of fire, Janus Starweave stood right in front of Darkfang the Ultimate. Janus had set a magical barrier that would repel Darkfang's attacks. Darkfang sent attack after attack at Janus Starweave, but the barrier deflected all of them as Janus recited the incantation, you could see his energy drain away."Darkfang the Ultimate was expelled from Equestria, including all of his draconic subjects, but at no small cost. Janus Starweave's energy was absorbed into the barrier that keeps The Dragons out of Equestria, and his Physical Body disintegrated.This energy could not last forever, and it was many years later that the Dragons began to slip in again.It wasn't long before the Dragons began to attack towns again.As soon as the Dragons were sighted again, Princess Celestia sent her best student, Twilight Sparkle, along with her friends, to Darkfang Keep, the battleground upon which Janus Starweave sacrificed his magical energy to expel the Dragons from Equestria.There, they attempted to use the Elements of Harmony to reseal the barrier.Simply put, this attempt did not work. Twilight Sparkle and the other keepers of the Elements barely escaped with their lives, as the dragons had invaded Darkfang's Keep.The reason for the faulire of the Elements of Harmony is simple: Twilight Sparkle and the other keepers are no longer bonded to the elements. Through some unknown force, the elements powers were taken from them, and have dissapeared. It's suspected that the elements lie within the hearts of those destined to bear them, but who, where, and even what those people are are unknown.

What is known, by both factions, is that the elements must be found. Soon.To this end, Princess Celestia began a groupcalled the Peacekeepers. They dedicate themselves to finding the missing elements and awakening them. The dragons too, however, have set all their minions to finding those who might hold the elements. It's said that when all six Elements of Harmony are together, a spark of magic can ignite and unlock their powers, this is how the new Keepers will be known.

Time is getting short, and there's no Janus Starweave to save us now.

BEGINNERS GUIDE TO EQUESTRIA

MAP

the_map.jpg

RACESThe land of Equestria is a strange and magical land, filled not with humans, but with talking ponies. There are four different kinds of ponies in Equestria, the types we will go through now.EARTH PONIESEarth ponies are strong and humble members of the pony race. They tend to be kind and gentle, with a touch of sillyness from time to time.PEGASIThe Pegasi are a winged race of ponies, responsible for controlling the weather in Equestria. They have the ability to walk on clouds as well. Pegasi are often brash and adventurous.UNICORNSUnicorns are the horned ponies of Equestria, with the ability to use magic. Unicorns sometimes have a tendancy to be self-centered.ALICORNSAlicorns have both wings and horns, allowing them to fly as well as use magic. Currently, the only known alicorns are the twin princesses of Equestria, Celestia and Luna.All ponies have a unique talent, something that is very special to them. That talent is represented by a mark on their flank called a Cutie Mark. In the case of unicorns, their magical talents are also tailored to their Cutie Mark, and limited to their talent.SIGHTS TO SEEEquestria is home to several different towns, which are detailed below. These are what are usually considered the main towns of Equestria, but are by no means the only towns.CANTERLOTThe Royal City of Equestria, the home to the twin princesses. Canterlot is a very sophisticated city.CLOUDSDALECloudsdale is home to the pegasi, and is the place where weather for all Equestria is made. It is built of and among the clouds, and as such, is a place only the pegasi can access.MANEHATTANManehattan is probably the most built-up city in Equestria, the hub for what's new and fashionable. It's a sophisticated city, but not as sophisticated as Canterlot.APPLEOOSAAppleoosa is a new settlement on the edges of Equestrias borders. It resembles an old Western town, and is mainly farmland, providing food for the rest of the country.PONYVILLEPonyville is an old, established town near the middle of Equestria, originally an apple orchard founded by the Apple family. It's grown into a thriving and bustling town, where ponies of all races can come and get along, no matter their background. In many ways, it's considered the crown jewel of Equestria.

DRAGONS KEEP

Although technically not located in Equestria, this important location is pointed put in this guide. Dragons Keep is a series of caverns and tunnels in the mountains west of Equestria. Originally called Darkfang's Keep, the name was changed when it became a meeting point for all dragons. It is now the base from where the dragons faction operates, and all beings ascosiated with the dragons live here.

PONIES OF INTERESTThere are several 'ponies of interest' any newcomer to Equestria should be aware of, for one reason or another.CELESTIA AND LUNAAlso known as the twin princesses, these two have been ruling Equestria for thousands of years. Celestia is responsible for raising the sun and ruling the day, while Luna, the younger of the two, raises the moon and controls the night. Celestia is a kind a compassionate soul who loves her subjects, and Luna is... A bit of a misunderstood soul, sometimes seen as a monster, although she simply just wants to be loved by her subjects.TWILIGHT SPARKLETwilight Sparkle studies magic under princess Celestia. She's an intelligent pony who, sadly, didn't have any friends growing up. Her most recent assignment from Celestia has been to study the magic of friendship, and in doing so, she has discovered mystical items called the Elements of Harmony. Her magical talent is, redundantly, magic, and is illustrated by her Cutie Mark, a collection of sparkles. She respresented the Element of Magic.RARITYRarity is a unicorn who owns a dress shop in Ponyville. While on the outside she may seem selfish and uncaring, she is really a generous person. Her talent is fashion, represented my her diamond Cutie Mark. She represented the Element of Generosity.RAINBOW DASHRainbow Dash is a fun loving and adventurous pegasus, who is responsible for the weather over Ponyville. Although she seems very flighty at times, She's actually a very loyal pony. Her talent is speed, represented by her rainbow lightning bolt Cutie Mark. She respresented the Element of Loyalty.FLUTTERSHYFluttershy is a painfully shy pegasus, with a fear of heights. She is very soft spoken and never says a mean word about anypony. She runs an animal sanctuary just outside Ponyville. Her talent is talking to animals, represented by her butterfly Cutie Mark. She respresented the Element of Kindness.APPLEJACKApplejack is a southern Earth pony who helps run and operate Sweet Apple Acres, the orchard that provides Ponyville with the majority of its food. She's an outgoing and foward person, a straight shooter, as it were. Her talent is running Sweet Apple Acres, as represented by her apple Cutie Mark. She represented the Element of Honesty.PINKIE PIEPinkie Pie is a very interesting character. She is a fun-loving, outgoing, adventurous, lovable, and completely insane pony. She can talk about nothing for hours on end, is excited by the tiniest things, and laughs constantly. She works at Mr. & Mrs. Cake's Bakery in Ponyville. Her talent is party planning, represented by her ballon Cutie Mark. She represented the Element of Laughter.CREATURESEquestria also has many fabulous creatures living within its borders, some of which you may want to avoid.GRYPHONSOne of the few intelligent creatures besides ponies, gryphons are a mix of two different things: Eagles and lions. Their front half is that of an eagle, head, wings, claws, etc. The back half, the torso, hind legs, and tail, are that of a lion. Gryphons are very strong creatures, with the ability to fly. They also have a tendancy to be show-offs and arrogant.BUFFALOAnother of the intelligent creatures of Equestria, the buffalo inhabit the wild Buffalo plaines in the east of Equestria. They're large, fast, and strong. They used to coexist with the citizens of Appleoosa, but since the return of the dragons, the buffalo have become hostile towards the ponies, often attacking the supply trains connecting Appleoosa to the rest of Equestria.ZEBRASZebras are a very mysterious race. They seem to live in the Everfree forest, a place that cannot be touched by Equestria's magic. They create potions and medecines out of herbs and plants, often with magical-seeming effects.PARASPRITESParasprites are swarm creatures. They resemble a small ball of colored fluff with wings. Feed one, however, and it will rapidly multiply, each new parasprite hungry for practicly anything. If left unchecked, a swarm of parasprites could wipe out an entire town by eating everything in its path.TIMBERWOLVESGenerally regarded as magical creatures of the Everfree forest, not much is known about timberwolves. They're extremely territorial, seem to be made of wood, and herald the coming of zap-apple season. If you run across one in your travels, it's best to leave as soon as possible, before the pack decides to make a meal of you.HYDRAA multi-headed amphibious monster, very little is known about the Hyrda. Only one sighting has been made in recent history, in the swamp outside Ponyville. It is suspected to be territorial, and extremely dangerous. Legend says that if you cut off the head of a hydra, two more sprout to take its place.DRAGONSDragons have recently made a comeback to Equestria. The would have ruled the land at one time, were it not for their constant bickering. A magical spell discovered thousands of years ago banished them from the land, and they were thought to be gone forever. Dragons can breath fire, have razor-sharp talons, and are commonly up to 100 feet tall, although a dragons size and apparent age is directly dependant on the size of their hoard. Baby dragons, if their greedy tendancies are kept under control, can stay young and good indefinetly. If you come across a dragon, your best chance of surviving is to run the other way. As fast as you can.FACTIONSSo far, there are only two factions fighting for control of Equestria.PEACEKEEPERSThe special order created by the Twin Princesses and implimented by the Keepers of the Elements. Their goal is to stop the fighting in Equestria and either drive the dragons out, or make peace with them. Any of the intelligent species except Buffalo may join.DRACONIC ALLIANCEThe giant lizards that have not been seen by ponies in thousads of years. They want to reclaim Equestria for themselves, and destroy all the ponies. Gryphons, Zebras, and Buffalo may join the dragons, and the Buffalo race fights only for the dragons. There are a few ponies in the dragon army, but for the most part, the ponies have stayed loyal to Equestria. These species fight mainly out of fear of the dragons, and out of hope that, should the dragons win, they will be spared. The dragons are led be the anchient dragon, Darkfang, who holds complete authority over the alliance.Character Sheet Race (Earth Pony, Unicorn, Pegasus, Gryphon, Baby Dragon, Zebra, Buffalo):Name:Gender (Male or Female, obviously):Appearance:Faction (Peacekeepers, Dragons, neutral):Personality:Special Talent (If pony):Bio:Rules1: All BZP rules and guidlines apply!2: Sorry, but no playing as adult dragons! They're much too powerfull for just anyone to come and play as.2a: For the Dragons faction, playable races are Zebras, Gryphons, Baby dragons, and Buffalo.3: No godmodding!4: No autohitting!5: Remember, your character is not invulnerable! Let them get hit from time to time.

6: For characters using magic: REMEMBER, your characters magic is based on their talent! Basic magic, such as telekineses is universal to magic-using races, but other magic must be related to you talent!7: Only 2 characters per player!

8: Baby dragons are mainly used as messengers and spies for the different factions, due to their small size and ability to magically send letters through their fire.

9: For the record, the Elements of Harmony will be given out as rewards to players who RP well and embody the spirit of the element. These players will then become invaluable to the plot, as the only people who can help their respective faction win.10: HAVE FUN!

Rules of combat

Now, while this is not intended to be a fighting-based RPG, the combat is inevitable, and quite fun if done correctly.

:) So, to that end, we'll just lay down a few ground rules to get you started.

1: Earth Ponies and Buffalo are strength-based. They're stronger against magical attacks.

2: Unicorns and Zebras use magic-based attacks. They're stronger against flight or speed attacks.

3: Pegasi and Gryphons use flight/speed-based attacks. They're stronger against strength based attacks.

4: Baby dragons aren't all that useful in combat. They're very small, and not too strong. Their biggest asset is their claws and magical fire, which can be used to magically send letters, or to just burn stuff.

5: Remember that these are just guidlines, using an attack that's strong against a certain type of attack doesn't automaticly mean you win, that's based on creativity, RPing skill, and most of all, player cooperation. These rules simply come into play if no consensus can be reached between players.

Stages of WarningI. WarningII. Warning and a Two Day SuspensionIII. Warning, and a Five Day SuspensionIV. Banishment

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Sorry but when at least half the RPG is just a long list of what numbers I have and how they affect other numbers I can't approve it. These RPGs are supposed to be text based

The RPGs mechanics as far as that has been reworked and edited. The only numbers left regarding the players is Magicka, to reflect that spellcasters only have so much they can cast, and gold, which is pretty self explanatory. Equipment was left with its own health and rating to reflect damage absorbtion, but I didn't think that would be too much of an issue. The classes, instead of skill bonuses, were given special traits that they had (no class has the same four, though many are similar).So I hope that fixes the immediate concern.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

No, its still too table-toppy. You shouldn't have to tell people what percentage of damage weapons do. You shouldn't have to list diseases people might get. Just let them actually role play.You go too far in depth in cases like vampirism and lycanthropy (not to mention apparently listing every single species that has ever appeared in the game) but don't explain others enough. What is a Daedra? What makes a black soul? GP appears to be money, but I see no way of earning more of it (troubling, since many things we need to live soak up a few GP each day)And the Magicka system is...broken. Having set times for magic energy to recover might work well when everyone playing is seated round a table or if you've got a computer monitoring video-game progress but its impossible online when you take time-zones into account. What is late afternoon for some is midnight for others. I might log off in the middle of a battle having spent all my magic points, and when I log back in the post my response I suddenly have all my energy back despite no time passing in the game.The customisation is pointless, as I'm pretty sure when anyone asks for something you'll jut point them towards that extensive list. And if they do come up with something original, are you just going to pluck how much energy it costs out of the air?And whats the point of saying some spells require verbal or motion-based activation when you're not going to point out which spells those are?You want my advice? Come back when you can fit everything within a single post. Then it might not be such a tangle to read and play

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Am I Popular Yet, we've taken your suggestions and implimented them, hopefully to your liking. :) All the new sections are now in my post in bold. :)

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Okay. Kind of confused though. If the Ponies have all the baby dragons, then how does the Dragon faction replendish their numbers? Also what's the point of calling it the Dragon Faction if you can't even play as Dragons? And there's no detail on the adult Dragon leadership either. Not to mention, you have put in information about fighting, but haven't really made it very interesting. Though I guess animals with no hands can't really do much more then ram and kick each other. Sounds a bit horrid really.My biggest problem is that there's only six elements of harmony and only six locations on the map. This thing is going to be over very quickly, or it'll devolve into a stalemate.I would like you to rethink this a bit more.

Tumblr: Where facts and logic go to die.

I've fixed everything in the first part of your post, I believe. As for the second part, the Elements aren't actually located in any specific location, they're located within characters. I did add that to the post, so hopefully it's okay now?

No, you're not quite getting me. I want you to go back to the drawing board and do something more with it. Come up with a different theme and style for this RPG, there's literally nothing there. And if the elements just emerge from people, then it's going to turn into a bunch of mucking about very quickly.What I want is something interesting. This is just uber-generic fantasy with all characters replaced by characters that lack opposable thumbs. It is less than a DnD ripoff.So what you can do is take this RPG, and add something new. Make it steampunk, make it about class warfare, Add something dark and mysterious, create some new locales that require more than a sentence to describe, Put some work into designing unique and interesting weapons equipment for quadrupeds, Develop an expansive Zebra backstory explaining why they are stripey, Have Princess Celestia be a machiavellian leader playing a game of secret war against invaders from across the sea who have come to harvest Unicorn horns, Make a world where the Mane Six never met and instead lead wildly different gangs in the underbelly of Phillydelphia, coming together against the corrupt Police ponies!Anything.Seriously, just do something with the premise that's actually more than just generic fantasy minus thumbs. Okay?

Tumblr: Where facts and logic go to die.

• 2 weeks later...

No, its still too table-toppy. You shouldn't have to tell people what percentage of damage weapons do. You shouldn't have to list diseases people might get. Just let them actually role play.You go too far in depth in cases like vampirism and lycanthropy (not to mention apparently listing every single species that has ever appeared in the game) but don't explain others enough. What is a Daedra? What makes a black soul? GP appears to be money, but I see no way of earning more of it (troubling, since many things we need to live soak up a few GP each day)And the Magicka system is...broken. Having set times for magic energy to recover might work well when everyone playing is seated round a table or if you've got a computer monitoring video-game progress but its impossible online when you take time-zones into account. What is late afternoon for some is midnight for others. I might log off in the middle of a battle having spent all my magic points, and when I log back in the post my response I suddenly have all my energy back despite no time passing in the game.The customisation is pointless, as I'm pretty sure when anyone asks for something you'll jut point them towards that extensive list. And if they do come up with something original, are you just going to pluck how much energy it costs out of the air?And whats the point of saying some spells require verbal or motion-based activation when you're not going to point out which spells those are?You want my advice? Come back when you can fit everything within a single post. Then it might not be such a tangle to read and play

I have gone through and had posted a revamped, changing most of the video gamey like system over.The diseases were a little too much, yes. That was removed. The 'percent of damage' was actually the percent of price (say an Iron Weapon is 100 GP multipled by that percentage; so 10 GP for a dagger). However, the cost of weapons was also removed, so that won't be an issue.I won't bother with GP; it'll mostly be an in-story thing, rather than a reward to make the character more powerful (if you kill a Royal Revenant and get tens thousands of gold you're set for life, but that's in-story and an in-story only reward). It was a little bit... unnecessary.I cut down the problems with Vamprisim and Lycanthropy by making the section much, much smaller. However, I did not feel it would be right to cut out so many of the creatures, considering that it would be odd if a player who had gone through every Elder Scrolls game (twice) pulled up a Flame Atronach and somebody who never played the game both A has no idea what it is and B doesn't know what it can do and will do.I tried answering the questions about Daedra and the soul types a bit as well.You misunderstand me with the Magicka system - yes, I changed it, but I do want to point out that it reffered to time in the game itself, not time in the real world. Still, you're right, it would be a problem. That problem has been adressed.The customization as far as stats and stuff was thrown to the wind; now you're the only one responsible for that.I really meant all spells - I made note of that in the newer version. Or perhaps I just wrote it when it was late and forgot it the next day. Needless to say, now all spells require gestures.The only thin I really can't change is making it into a single post. Sure, I'm willing to cut out the unncessary things, but I don't know if I could put the RPG up after cutting out the cities and the games traditional creatures. If you have a suggestion about where cutting would be for the best then I'd be willing to listen in some cases, but for some things it would be better not to run the RPG at all if I couldn't do it a certain way.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

• 2 weeks later...

Comments for the latest update on the Elder Scrolls RPG:So much of that intro is pointless. As far as I could tell only the first, seventh and ninth paragraphs actually had any relevance to the RPG. Thats what you're supposed to be telling us about, Lev, not the entire game series as a whole. I can go to a wiki if I want that kind of information.The background is more like it. Gives us concise information what is happening here and now, gives explanations after every name, and even has a touch of drama.Oh, something you don't make clear, is Thalmor just a name for a specific cult or are they a proper species?Whats with mentioning the populations? It doesn't seem to serve any purpose and (for me at least) rather kills the immersion. I suddenly go from reading about a fantasy land to reading a tourist guide book. Maybe it is just me...Are these lesser locations just places we can stumble across? So if the group wants a bit of a skirmish we can run across a bandit nest in an Elven Outpost? If so does that extend to Coral Ruins or Elven Citadels?I don't get what you're saying with the Altmer. They're the most powerful with magic but they're not but they are? If they're 'the most powerful race for casting spells' along with the extended and enhanced magic, surely they should be the most powerful at magical combat?I take it Valenwood is on some other island?I wouldn't guess anything from the orc's appearance since you don't mention it until later :P Might I suggest using the headers for the various species as links for images?You go over equipment twice. Might want to remove the one where you don't mention silver.Speaking of which, why do you mention Long Blades and Short Blades twice? Surely just a specialisation in long blades is all I need, I don't need to master it twice just because I want my character to be a bit more cliched and walk around with a katana?Oh, and I see poison getting mentioned every so often, is it possible to create some kind of poison effect on our weapons if we have that skill?I maintain that putting images in the species section would save you effortI still don't think you need all those creatures in the bestiary but since fitting it in a single post was your compromise I'll let them slide as mine :rolleyes:You know, if they're Werecrocodiles, its not really Lycanthropy as that specifies wolves. If they're crocodiles its Therianthropy, or Suchanthropy maybe. Just me nitpicking.Although why is it only werecrocodiles? Is the climate too temperate for other weres?The time thing seems a bit obvious, since what you're saying is that you don't have an established time mechanic. Of course if someone says its noon In-Game they mean its noon in the game, thats what the IC at the start of posts is for

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Comments for the latest update on the Elder Scrolls RPG:So much of that intro is pointless. As far as I could tell only the first, seventh and ninth paragraphs actually had any relevance to the RPG. Thats what you're supposed to be telling us about, Lev, not the entire game series as a whole. I can go to a wiki if I want that kind of information.The background is more like it. Gives us concise information what is happening here and now, gives explanations after every name, and even has a touch of drama.Oh, something you don't make clear, is Thalmor just a name for a specific cult or are they a proper species?Whats with mentioning the populations? It doesn't seem to serve any purpose and (for me at least) rather kills the immersion. I suddenly go from reading about a fantasy land to reading a tourist guide book. Maybe it is just me...Are these lesser locations just places we can stumble across? So if the group wants a bit of a skirmish we can run across a bandit nest in an Elven Outpost? If so does that extend to Coral Ruins or Elven Citadels?I don't get what you're saying with the Altmer. They're the most powerful with magic but they're not but they are? If they're 'the most powerful race for casting spells' along with the extended and enhanced magic, surely they should be the most powerful at magical combat?I take it Valenwood is on some other island?I wouldn't guess anything from the orc's appearance since you don't mention it until later :P Might I suggest using the headers for the various species as links for images?You go over equipment twice. Might want to remove the one where you don't mention silver.Speaking of which, why do you mention Long Blades and Short Blades twice? Surely just a specialisation in long blades is all I need, I don't need to master it twice just because I want my character to be a bit more cliched and walk around with a katana?Oh, and I see poison getting mentioned every so often, is it possible to create some kind of poison effect on our weapons if we have that skill?I maintain that putting images in the species section would save you effortI still don't think you need all those creatures in the bestiary but since fitting it in a single post was your compromise I'll let them slide as mine :rolleyes:You know, if they're Werecrocodiles, its not really Lycanthropy as that specifies wolves. If they're crocodiles its Therianthropy, or Suchanthropy maybe. Just me nitpicking.Although why is it only werecrocodiles? Is the climate too temperate for other weres?The time thing seems a bit obvious, since what you're saying is that you don't have an established time mechanic. Of course if someone says its noon In-Game they mean its noon in the game, thats what the IC at the start of posts is for

First off, I've fixed the errors and corrected things. So I should hope its ready to go now. Or, more appropriately - the RPG has been modified under GM request and is ready for review!Second, my responses to the comments.I wasn't sure quite how much background was needed. Chopped that out.The populations will be kept away from the players. Frankly, it's not like anybody other than a census keeper would really know. So they were removed.I clarified about those locations just being there to be stumbled upon.Regarding the Altmer - in the game itself, the Altmer are one of two best races for a wizard character. However, they have the distinct disadvantage of vulnerability to flame, frost, and shock. Which is why, while they make the most powerful mages, they're also the most vulnerable to magic. I clarified that.I also made note that Valenwood and other locations are other provinces of Tamriel.I went with your suggestion for the links... and couldn't stop myself from putting a few more. I had yet to figure out how to work linking on this new forum, admittedly. Otherwise I would have had them before.Thanks for catching the equipment thing; when rewriting a few things I would leave the original to look over. Thought I caught all of those.As for the specialization of long blade/short blade, I removed that. The reason it was there in the first place is that, for whatever reason, when designing Morrowind, the game designers made eastern style weapons superior to western style weapons - the Daedric Katana is the best one-handed long blade in the game, quite a bit better than the Daedric Longsword, and is also much, much harder to find. Silly of me for that, though.The poison I clarified as being able to be placed on weapons. That's how its used in the game itself (as tricking people into drinking wasn't worth the time to make a game mechanic).Thanks. :PAs far as the werecrocodiles, all were-beasts are called lycanthropes in the Elder Scrolls universe. The designers didn't want to bother calling a werebear ad ursathrope or something alone those lines.And you are correct as far as climate. The only other were-beast of Summerset Isle is the wereshark, and, frankly, one seemed enough as far as lycanthropes were concerned.You are right about the time thing - it no longer has its own subsection, just a note. I should have mentioned I do have a mechanic for time figured out - now it has been mentioned.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

The only truth known is that the Thalmor, powerful wizards and warriors dedicated to the cause of the Altmer and continental control by the Mer – the elves – and none other

The only known truth is that the Thlamor what? You never really finish that sentence :PIf Warriors are the only ones who can repair equipment does that mean there's some sort of weapon degradation in effect? If I were a rogue and didn't have a warrior handy in my group would I have to keep picking up new daggers and such?Are you sure that way of keeping time is going to work? Given that the lycanthropy thing is specified at 9, you're going to have to be that specific with your announcements, which means you're going to have to post often to keep up. Wouldn't it be better just to post when it was night and when it was day and leave common sense for the finer details?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Poor wording is the source of your first problem, and it has been changed.As for your second, no - it's merely an in-game thing. For instance, at the end of the battle you make a comment about damage to your weapon, and start fixing it after the battle. If you never want to damage your weapon, you never need to bother with that. That's really about it - and as is stated, Warriors can't automatically repair and create, it's just that, if they state a reason why they could in their Biography, they can have that option. If you're a Rogue type character, you'd be more focused on either magic or poison making, and honing lockpicking, wheras a Magic-User has spent at least the majority of their life on studying.I've just decided to go with your suggestion to fix the third. Unless, for some reason in story, I need to specify the time, it'll just be changing day to night and night to day.So once more the RPG is ready for review.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

• 2 weeks later...

You've got some formatting issues you'll want to sort out. Not sure, but you might have too many hyperlinks so you might want to remove some beasts or races.You've also misspelt Contents up at the top there, and said "Werecrocidle" down in the lycanthropy sections. And there's still the clause about them transforming at specifically 9PM. How will we know time that specific? When do we turn back?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

You've got some formatting issues you'll want to sort out. Not sure, but you might have too many hyperlinks so you might want to remove some beasts or races.You've also misspelt Contents up at the top there, and said "Werecrocidle" down in the lycanthropy sections. And there's still the clause about them transforming at specifically 9PM. How will we know time that specific? When do we turn back?

The typos were my fault; the formatting issue was not there previously, and I've come back to this topic many times while working on a few things related to the RPG, so I can be sure that it wasn't until within the last two-three days that they were there. All I can think of is that it didn't load properly when the server was down just a short while back (yesterday? day before?). But I'm not sure.The 9 PM thing was the last survivor of its kind, and that kind should now be extinct. The solution to that question is answered within the following paragraphs.Thank you,-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

dragonageeras.png

-----

The Kingdom of Ferelden, on the south-eastern edge of the continent of Thedas, has been the recipient of many Blights over the centuries and home to the center of the Grey Wardens. The recent years of of civil war between the Ban of Denerim and the Arl of Redcliffe have both weakened and strengthened the nation against the returning Darkspawn.Recently repulsed from Orlais, the nation neighboring Ferelden, the Darkspawn- led by a Council of Broodmothers- have been returning steadily to Ferelden in hopes fo finding the remains of the last Archdemon. The Dwarves of Orzammar are currently keeping them slowed down on the eastern boarder and the Arl of Redcliffe is assisting them as best he can.The Ban of Denerim has an ally, however. The Architect, a Darkspawn bent on preventing the return of the Archdemon and evolving his bretheren to a level of enlightened intelligence. The alliance is strained now as the Architect insists on helping the Arl of Redcliffe repulse the Council of Mothers while the Ban of Denerim wishes to use the Mothers to help crush the Arl of Redcliffe.

-----Rules

[01]~All BZP Rules Apply[02]~The typical: No Metagaming, godmodding, auto-hitting, constant-dodging, cheating, etc etc[03]~Ten posts with newest character before getting a new character.[04]~48 hour combat rule: You may only auto-hit if your opponent does not respond within 48 hours. Exceptions are made if the missing player contacts either myself or a member of the staff prior to the attack being posted.It would be considerably good etiquette, in my eyes, if you do not take advantage of this rule. It is only in place so that progress can be made.[05]~Staff positions are earned, not requested. Staff gain no priveledge in this RPG. Staff-controlled NPCs are not their characters and will be permitted to be used only lightly.[06]~PM Character applications to me.[07]~Do not waste posts by shouting at people who are breaking rules. If you notice a rule violation, PM myself or a member of the RPG's staff with a link to the post of the offending player and a little description what rule you think is broken and how.[08]~Due to the frequency of timeskips in this RPG, anything that is taking place in a pre-time skip era must be designated with some sort of [flashback] notification.[09]~Three strike system: Three strikes and you're out. Any Rule [01] violations will also be reported to the CoT Forum Leader.

-----Timeskip System

Inspired by the Dragon Age II story system, this RPG will be 'prodded' forwards from significant event to significant event by occasional timeskips. The frequency and length of the timeskips will depend largely on member activity and involvement. After a certain plot point is played to a close or dries up due to lack of interest, there will be a notice and then a timeskip. The timeskip will then alter the world based on the actions of the players. If one faction is on a downslope and one is gaining power, the timeskip will summarize how the one faction vanishes and is replaced by the other. Certain individuals may also become heroes or villains during the course of the timeskip as well.

-----Staff-NPCs

Wan-The Architect, Council of Mothers, Arl of Redcliffe, Ban of Denerim

For more detailed information on anything below, please consult your local Dragon Age wiki

-----Classes

Warriors- The brawny fighters of the world. Give them a big weapon and they will do big damage.Mages- The magically endowed, Mages have much to fear from the Templars and demons of the Fade, the realm from where they channel their magic.Rogues- The sneaky ones of the world, Rogues come in every shape and size and every flavor from pick pockets to assassins.

-----Species

Humans- The most numerous species in the world and the most diverse. Humans are involved with just about everything.Dwarves- The squat, stubborn and strong miners of the world. They cannot use magic but also have a naturally high resistance to it.Elves- Fair and magical creatures, Elves tend to be mages and rogues but there have been a few hardy warriors.Darkspawn- Twisted creatures of darkness, these monsters are frightening and typically mindless, though there are some that have been gaining intelligence lately. You will need to be an intelligent DarkspawnQunari- Strong, strange creatures from a foreign land. They are honorable warriors who hate mages and are utterly devout to the Qun. The Qun is the Qunari religionOther- There are many races in Ferelden and many that sneak across the borders from other lands. They like bananas.

-----Factions

Denerim- The capital of Ferelden and the home of the 'legitimate' heir of the Kingdom. Those loyal to the bloodline side with the Ban of Denerim. Denerim will not rest until Ferelden is unified under one flag once more.Redcliffe- The strongest city in Ferelden with the largest single army, the Arl of Redcliffe has long sought the throne and has the power not only to take it- if unencumbered- but also the power to truly protect the nation from most foreign powers. Those loyal to sheer power have sided with the Arl. Redcliffe will not settle for anything other than the complete safety of Ferelden.Council of Mothers- Five highly intelligent Brood Mothers who survived the previous nesting raids across the world by the Grey Wardens, they now command an impressive army of Darkspawn, some that have grown intelligence over the course of many battles. The Council is seeking the remains of the fallen Archdemons to try and resurrect them and cause a new Blight.The Architect- A powerfully magical and intelligent Darkspawn, he is determined to prevent the rise of a new Archdemon so that he can foster the sentience of his species. He has allied with the Ban of Denerim to protect himself and his ilk, but he has no loyalty to the Ban.Other- There are many factions within the boarders of Ferelden. The Circle of Magi, the Templars, agents of the Tevinter Imperium, small roving gangs, bands of assassins, almost too numerous to list. Custom factions are allowed but I will be keeping a wary eye on how many single-member factions there are. Lesser factions will be listed here.Circle of Magi, Templars, Tevinter Empire, Antivan Crows, Grey Wardens

-----Trophies/Achievments

Earning trophies/achievments will make it more likely for more 'out there' characters to be approved as it will prove to me you are really into this RPGWriter- Maintain at least 50 words per post for a significant amount of time.Avid Rper- Maintain at least 100 words per post for a significant amount of time.Novelist- Maintain at least 500 words per post for a significant amount of time.Wants to play- Have a 100 word character sheetGreat idea- Have a 500 word character sheetFamous or Infamous- Have a 1000 word character sheet.Researcher- Do your homework when making a character.Dragon Ager- Prove enough knowledge of the Dragon Age universe through RP that I'm convinced you've played the games.Role Model- Impress me and/or my staff through your dedication and skill as a roleplayer IC and OOC.

-----Character Sheet

PM them to me, please.

[b]Name:[/b] [b]Age:[/b] [b]Class:[/b] [b]Faction:[/b] [b]Species:[/b] [b]Weapons:[/b] No more than carry-able.[b]Appearance:[/b] [b]Bio:[/b] [b]Secret Fruit:[/b] Not that hard to find[b]Achievements/Trophies:[/b] Don't put anything here, just delete this text.
[second post will be used to list and organize approved profiles] Edited by Wan

After reviewing the Dragon Age TBRPG a few times, I feel like there's enough information for players to understand the game, races, rules and expectations to where it'd be easy for a non-Dragon Age fan to get into the mix. And since some of the minor content is minor, and interested folks can wiki information that is minor to the overall scheme of the game, I feel like it tells enough to warrant an approval.Plus, it's short enough to where it would attract players who don't want to spend too much time reading through content (while being able to know all the necessary content to actually play).So, I think it'd be successful in it's current form in this forum --Dragon Age: Eras, approved [1]@Skyrim TBRPG: I'll look over this one in a bit, I promise <3

disney-logo.gif

PrologueMickey, the Sorceror's Apprentice, was meddling around again, but this time he got himself into more trouble than enchanting overzealous broomsticks. Once more he ascended up to the stone where he overlooked the sees and the stars, but while feeling particularly adventurous, when the silhouette of The Conductor went on break Mickey curiously stood on his pedestal. He gave a wave of his hands, and suddenly the beautiful music of Bach began to play for him. Inspired by the graceful harmony, he continued to experiment in his magic. The mathematical notes of Toccata and Fugue in D Minor helped him to control his magic, and he cast a spell far greater and more comprehensive than before. It was a terrible thing to do, nor could he have chosen a worse place to do it, for he stood on The Conductor's pedestal, which overlook not just the seas and stars but all the realms of Fantasia!Without warning, the gateways to the many other great works of Disney opened before Mickey, and the worlds of all the animated classics were brought into the Fantasia realm. Mickey saw them begin to interact with each other and felt good about himself until he realized just how much trouble he would be in with his master. Yet, another, larger problem awaited him, for the clashing of all the worlds awakened Churnabog, the great Evil One on top of Bald Mountain. With a single reach of his arm, he grasped out to Mickey and picked him up, destroying the pedestal in the process. Without the pedestal the enchantment that brought all the worlds to Fantasia could not be undone.Even though the magical world of Disney was not in its proper order, there was a bigger problem. The great and evil Churnabog was planning to use the magic of the Sorceror's Hat to increase his power and unleash a spell of darkness that would engulf everything. However, one hope did remain, for a brightly colored butterfly made out of abstract geometrical art came to the mountain and snatched the Sorceror's Hat away from Churnabog. His evil spirits caught the butterfly, but it dropped the hat in one of the realms of Fantasia 2000. Enraged, Churnabog sent a message to all the Disney villains who had dabbled in the black magics of witchcraft and sorcery to join him and create a portal regardless. Soon, should he get all the allies he needs, they will cast an inevitable spell that will convert the whole world to darkness.Not all is lost. The Sorceror's Hat still rests somewhere in the realms of Fantasia 2000. Whoever finds it could change the fate of the universe.Gameplay:You will join this RPG and play as all the main cast from one of Disney's great works, and even some live-action classics with some animation in them, such as Marry Poppins and the classic Tron. If you want, you may work from the characters as they already exist or, for those who want to write with characters that are more of your own creation, you can come up with a twist to these characters. For example, what if Scar was actually Sarabi's puppet? What if Ursala had a crush on King Tritan? What if Bolt was really about the TV show? It's perfectly acceptable. After all, retelling fairytales is an ongoing process.I. About Characters:1. It is important to note that you can only choose characters from one Disney movie. This prevents people from coming up with contradicting continuities. The bright side is, you may have as many characters from your particular movie as you like, so long as it is within reason.

• [*]Define "within reason": This essentially means that you should still have NPCs within your universe. You can't make all the nameless extras your characters. This is not an RPG where you control entire nations.[*]Winnie the Pooh is exempt from the above point, considering the small cast and absence of background characters.[*]It is possible to choose both a film and its sequel(s).

2. All the main characters should originate from the same places. You can say that John Smith came from a remarkable Steampunk England, which is certainly a different twist, but England nevertheless. It's just not nice to take away that sort of identity, because one of the wonderful things about Disney is that its stories traveled around the world. This rule doesn't apply to stories where the location or character backgrounds hardly have an affect on the narrative. And in case there's any question about the following settings:

• [*]Some of the older Disney Princesses are a bit ambiguous as to their location, in which case you shouldn't be too concerned.[*]Alice of Wonderland: that she's from England is completely irrelevant.[*]Winnie the Pooh came from the Hundred Acre Woods. Where on Earth that is is up to you.[*]The Rescuers could actually be set any number of places. So long as you describe their world as Earth, you're fine.[*]Dinosaur's open to any interpretation, really.

3. The characters have to be from an animated film. TV shows and video games are not a basis for an application.

• [*]This means that Minnie, Donald, and Daisey, among other classic personae, are not allowed to be used as playable characters. Sorry.[*]However, Goofy, Max, and Pete are featured in The Goofy Movie, so they're open.[*]
This is a good general list if you want to know your options. Here's also a list of Pixar films.[*]Song of the South, Marry Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Pete's Dragon, Enchanted, and Tron are also acceptable, along with any other films that combine live action with animation.

4. Since no doubt many of you will be concerned with how your characters measure up to others, it's perfectly acceptable to do something to even the playing field against films like The Incredibles. Captain Hook might have gained control over the fairies or got himself a pirate army. Maybe Monsieur D'iarque was really an evil counterpart to the Beautiful Enchantress (Beauty and the Beast). Maybe a Steampunk England is good enough to make the cast as a whole awesome enough to compete with the rest of the world. However, you don't have to power up your world if you don't want to.

• [*]Powering up an entire cast to the hero level is overkill, and so is making your world more dangerous while simultaneously making a main character stand out amongst them. For example, Captain Hook may gain power from harvesting fairies, but he shouldn't also be given an army. Giving that army superpowers is completely out of the question.[*]Speaking of which, if you choose Lilo and Stitch you can't include any of his "cousins".[*]Also, stick to something within reason that makes sense. If it defies willing suspension of disbelief, it's off-limits. Therefore, Nemo can't shoot lasers, although Buzz Lightyear could potentially get such an upgrade (as for Mater, anything makes sense when applied to him).

5. The film version of young Hercules is the archetype for the ultimate reasonably powered character, and he will set the standard for the limit within this RPG. If you can overpower Hercules, you're overpowered.- For that reason, these characters are off-limits as player characters unless you specifically alter their back story to bring them down to the level of of something acceptable:

• [*]The Fairy God Mother[*]The Cheshire Cat[*]King Triton[*]Genie[*]Hades[*]The Bowler Hat[*]Dr. Facilier

- These following characters, however, are completely off-limits regardless of your reasons:

• [*]Maleficent[*]The Olympic Gods (except Hades)[*]Marry Poppins (She's practically perfect in every way!)

- The various enchanters not mentioned in this list, such as the Blue Fairy in Pinocchio, fairies in Sleeping Beauty, Eglantine Price from Bedknobs and Broomsticks, the witches in The Black Cauldron, Ursala from The Little Mermaid, and the Beautiful Enchantress from Beauty and the Beast are all allowed, but the scope of their magical abilities is generally limited to enchanting objects to physically change, do work, or otherwise alter their properties. I won't see enchanters treated as offensive combat characters, although they may assist others.

• [*]The Fairy Godmother is considered a God moderator simply because her wand had demonstrated the ability to transform people to stone and turn back time, the first of which is a directly offensive ability and the second of which is outright too powerful unless you specify otherwise.

II. About Worlds1. There are only as many worlds in this RPG as those started by players. A new world is introduced whenever a player joined the RPG. If a player hasn't joined under a given world yet, you may not journey to it. The in-universe explanation to this is that the various Disney worlds are leaking through one at a time in a chaotic order.2. Each world has one portal somewhere that leads to the rest of the Fantasia realms. You may define what they look like and where they are.3. It is possible for two worlds to literally fall within physical proximity of each other. For example, it is possible for the London within The Great Mouse Detective to fall within the proximity of the Pridelands (even though that's counter to real-world geography).

• [*]Before doing this, there must be a mutual agreement between you and the person who wrote in the other land.[*]You're allowed to mix them up in interesting ways, but one world may not destroy another.[*]It is possible also for one world to fall in between two and create a bridge between them. For example, London could fall in-between The Pridelands and the forest in the "Firebird" piece of Fantasia 2000, thus creating a web and an internal ecosystem within the RPG universe.

4. Wandering throughout fantasia are roaming bands of bands (pun intended), the silhouettes seen at the beginning of Fantasia. Their instruments have magic powers that allow them to teleport people to other parts of Fantasia, provided that they play a piece of music from that world. Their magic transportation is limited, however, to landing people wherever the music was played within that movie, specifically at the beginning of the composition.

• [*]This disadvantages films with no memorable music, but so be it. There had to be a catch.[*]If you have adapted the story in such a way that the song would not have logically taken place, this transportation method wouldn't work.[*]Only the orchestra has this power. It is not a character ability that anyone can access, merely an alternative to the portals so that movement between realms can't necessarily be monopolized.[*]The bands cannot follow people along, and furthermore, they are NPCs.

5. As with the characters, the location is important. Pinocchio had better take place in Italy, and Brother Bear's universe had better be the Canadian region.

• [*]If you want to say that Tarzan decided to go with Jane and live in England, that's understandable. It uses the elements of the preexisting storyverse to your advantage. Therefore, you can have London crash into Fantasia instead (or Liverpool, considering that a surprising number of Disney films take place in London). So if you have a good explanation that makes sense, you can bring in a world different than the primary setting of the movie.[*]The amount of the universe that you bring in is limited to the scope of the story. You may well bring in the entirety of the planet Earth if you're joining under The Rescuers, but if you're like one of the many films that takes place exclusively in London, you'll exclusively only bring London into the game.[*]With regards to the above point, consider that this is Disney and don't get all technical about what happens if London is isolated from the rest of the world, although that would obviously starve the city. Within the logic of Fantasia, it would still function as normal.

III. Rules:0. BZPower rocks, and so do its rules. It goes without saying, and therefore I will not say it (although it makes an awesome cameo appearance as Rule #0!).1. Have Fun!2. Don't God-mode. If someone else God-modes against you, the worst thing you can do is God-mode back, so swallow your pride and tell a staff member. And no glory hogging, either.3. Don't use another player's characters without their permission.4. Don't kill another PC without another person's permission. This also applies to named characters within a universe that aren't currently being played (although the other person ought to be fairly lenient). However, you aren't allowed to do this excessively.5. PM me with character profiles first before posting them.42. It's the answer to life, the universe, and everything.43. And I really mean it; HAVE FUN! This. Is. DISNEYYYYY!IV. Profiles:(please put the headings in bold for reading convenience)Movie:Story: (leave blank if there are no differences between your version and the film version)Conversion Point: (this is the point within the story that the film was suddenly drawn into Fantasia)Portal: (where is it?)Borders: (If you've arranged for them. Edit when necessary.)Character:Strengths & Weaknesses: (presuming they're different from the original or had to be changed to fit moderation standards.)Personality: (ditto)Background: (cover in more detail anything unexplained in the movie's "Story" section)Objectives: (update this if it ever changes)Misc:(There are currently no profiles to link to, although Kumata has submitted a profile for The Great Mouse Detective, and I lay claim to Fantasia and Fantasia 2000. Toast of Awesomeness has made a request for The Lion King, and cardworkMagician is expressing interest in Hercules.)Wish upon a star,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Edited by Tyrannosaurus Kraggh