• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

BZPower Tributed on FaberFiles

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 937 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 11 2012 - 09:54 PM

As you likely already know, famed Bionicle artist Christian Faber has started a blog, where he's been posting concept art and thoughts from the development of Bionicle. Today, Faber posted a special thank you to the BZPower fan community. As always, the post includes more behind-the-scenes artwork. <a href='http://faberfiles.blogspot.com/2012/04/tribute-to-all-bionicle-fans-and.html' target='offsite'>Read it in all its glory</a> here, or click through for the text.

View the full article

#2 Offline Makuta_of_Oz

Makuta_of_Oz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,492 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 03:25 AM

With Bionicle over for the time being, maybe Christian can join us now? :biggrin:

wearewaiting.gif
Credit goes to JrMasterModelBuilder for the banner.

The Bring Back Bionicle Club is back! PM me or leave a message in my blog if you want in.

Baterra are awesome. They enforce weapon laws. Please support their cause on CUUSOO.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig.

#3 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,163 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 04:04 AM

This is brilliant! Wait! Metru Nui is directly UNDER Mata Nui?!!

~ CHTrilogy

whoa.png

#4 Offline Goose

Goose
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,506 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 04:17 AM

It's great to finally get an idea of what the locations were originally called. I never pictured Karda Nui as a power plant, even though it is the 'Great Heart'. XP

This is brilliant! Wait! Metru Nui is directly UNDER Mata Nui?!!

You didn't know? XD

"We're not like them... we're something more... something better..."

marked.png

"I never asked for this. I never asked to be a god."

"I want you to know the pain I've endured before you call me a villain."

Marked: Chapter 12 (Coming Soon)

Review Topic

"If they say that I'm a god, that's what I am."

BZPRPG 2013

#5 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,837 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 07:48 AM

We are the ones to thank you, Mr. Faber. :) Are Metru Nui and Voya Nui really so tiny compared to the island of Mata Nui? Great how you can see the body of the Great Spirit lying beneath the surface. Impressive. The Giant Vortex has become more of a 2007 location in the end, though.-Gata Posted Image

Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#6 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,649 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 09:29 AM

Seeing the MU robot lying beneath the surface of Aqua Magna in this map is so cool! Thank you for showing us this, Mr. Faber! http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.png

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#7 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,140 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 10:19 AM

That is so cool. I noticed the island over Mata Nui's leg in the concept art, maybe they were recycling that concept for Bara Magna's Knee Island? And seeing what would become Voya Nui, Mahri Nui, and Karda Nui (though they were later moved to be on top of each other), including the leak flooding the core... that was awesome.

theirontoa.png

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#8 Offline TAK The Voyager

TAK The Voyager
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,722 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 10:42 AM

This blog overall is great! The latest image is really eye-opening. How much they had planned out at this stage is truly amazing.TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

#9 Online GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Book Badger

• 878 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 11:15 AM

I've been really enjoying all the pieces Mr. Faber has been putting up - they're all really impressive, and hearing the story behind their development has been great.

#10 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,282 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 04:36 PM

It's a pleasant surprise to see that BZP can still have some Bionicle news - and even be recognized for it. It's an even more pleasant surprise to see that Bionicle is still viable for something - even if it is just a blog, but nonetheless a cool one. The images are amazing. The blog is good enough, Mr. Faber, but you might consider joining us someday - if you can handle the barrage of questions and PMs that will herald your arrival.

#11 Offline Cederak

Cederak
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Axiomatic

• 4,137 posts

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 08:10 PM

They really planned this stuff out ahead of schedule. The Mata Nui robot beneath the water giving a sense of scale to Voya Nui and Metru Nui really shows just how massive their universe is. Just incredible...-Ced

#12 Offline lego_dude

lego_dude
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 10 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 12 2012 - 09:05 PM

Wow, the amount of planning for Bionicle is amazing! I still can't get over the fact that the giant robot concept existed from the very beginning, I always thought the idea was brought in after some time. Even in this concept art, the following 2 years after 2006 were planned. Thank you for sharing this Mr. Faber. :biggrin:

#13 Offline Parazan

Parazan
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 339 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 04:24 PM

Wow, Voya-nui and Metru-nui are so small compared to Mata-nui?
Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

#14 Offline Wrinkledlion X

Wrinkledlion X
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,952 posts

Posted Apr 14 2012 - 01:24 PM

I never realized how close Voya Nui was to Mata Nui.

#15 Offline King of the Madness Isles

King of the Madness Isles
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 355 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2012 - 03:01 PM

Wow. Definitely a great tribute-it's cool to see stuff labeled "Floating Island" and "Giant Power Plant". I'm also glad he takes notice of BZP, though it might be hard not to if you're part of the LEGO community.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

#16 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,062 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2012 - 08:51 PM

That is quite a few views in under a week. You're welcome?

#17 Offline Spinjitzu Master

Spinjitzu Master
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 504 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 16 2012 - 06:00 PM

So...so awesome...They planned ahead so much without even a hint.(Besides the voice in the crowd in MoL saying "He's a big machine"....but no one heard that until 7 years later! :lol: )

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
PM me if you wish to know more about BIONICLE: Showdown!

#18 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,837 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Apr 17 2012 - 10:22 AM

It´s been five days since the latest update. I hope it isn´t the last. Before he would post several in one day, but now? Then again, most of the concept art should be somewhere in the Advance DK studios and he might have to ask for permission to show them. :unsure:-Gata Posted Image

Posted Image

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#19 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,469 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2012 - 02:20 PM

It´s been five days since the latest update. I hope it isn´t the last. Before he would post several in one day, but now? Then again, most of the concept art should be somewhere in the Advance DK studios and he might have to ask for permission to show them. :unsure:-Gata Posted Image

Several in one day might have just been to get the website started. I'd rather updates were spaced out more so that they last longer, personally. Lord knows this site will probably be BZP's only source of BIONICLE news for a good long while.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#20 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,223 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2012 - 04:54 PM

Wow. Definitely a great tribute-it's cool to see stuff labeled "Floating Island" and "Giant Power Plant". I'm also glad he takes notice of BZP, though it might be hard not to if you're part of the LEGO community.

Eh, we're a comparatively small site, and there is a absolutely vast amount of Lego fansites out there. . .Anyway, I have a load of tabs open looking at this stuff. It'd pretty cool seeing how the story elements changed between the concept art and final product.

#21 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,937 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2012 - 08:35 PM

What a tribute this is. It's so awesome, and it's incredible how virtually the entire Bionicle story was planned from the start.Also, the giant vortex looks like Mata Nui's belly button. Of course, it's a little high.

webmaster.png

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users