BZPower Tributed on FaberFiles

As you likely already know, famed Bionicle artist Christian Faber has started a blog, where he's been posting concept art and thoughts from the development of Bionicle. Today, Faber posted a special thank you to the BZPower fan community. As always, the post includes more behind-the-scenes artwork. <a href='http://faberfiles.blogspot.com/2012/04/tribute-to-all-bionicle-fans-and.html' target='offsite'>Read it in all its glory</a> here, or click through for the text.

View the full article

It's great to finally get an idea of what the locations were originally called. I never pictured Karda Nui as a power plant, even though it is the 'Great Heart'. XP

This is brilliant! Wait! Metru Nui is directly UNDER Mata Nui?!!

You didn't know? XD

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

We are the ones to thank you, Mr. Faber. :) Are Metru Nui and Voya Nui really so tiny compared to the island of Mata Nui? Great how you can see the body of the Great Spirit lying beneath the surface. Impressive. The Giant Vortex has become more of a 2007 location in the end, though.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

That is so cool. I noticed the island over Mata Nui's leg in the concept art, maybe they were recycling that concept for Bara Magna's Knee Island? And seeing what would become Voya Nui, Mahri Nui, and Karda Nui (though they were later moved to be on top of each other), including the leak flooding the core... that was awesome.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I've been really enjoying all the pieces Mr. Faber has been putting up - they're all really impressive, and hearing the story behind their development has been great.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

It's a pleasant surprise to see that BZP can still have some Bionicle news - and even be recognized for it. It's an even more pleasant surprise to see that Bionicle is still viable for something - even if it is just a blog, but nonetheless a cool one. The images are amazing. The blog is good enough, Mr. Faber, but you might consider joining us someday - if you can handle the barrage of questions and PMs that will herald your arrival.

Wow, the amount of planning for Bionicle is amazing! I still can't get over the fact that the giant robot concept existed from the very beginning, I always thought the idea was brought in after some time. Even in this concept art, the following 2 years after 2006 were planned. Thank you for sharing this Mr. Faber. :biggrin:

Wow. Definitely a great tribute-it's cool to see stuff labeled "Floating Island" and "Giant Power Plant". I'm also glad he takes notice of BZP, though it might be hard not to if you're part of the LEGO community.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

It´s been five days since the latest update. I hope it isn´t the last. Before he would post several in one day, but now? Then again, most of the concept art should be somewhere in the Advance DK studios and he might have to ask for permission to show them. :unsure:-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

It´s been five days since the latest update. I hope it isn´t the last. Before he would post several in one day, but now? Then again, most of the concept art should be somewhere in the Advance DK studios and he might have to ask for permission to show them. :unsure:-Gata signoff.jpg

Several in one day might have just been to get the website started. I'd rather updates were spaced out more so that they last longer, personally. Lord knows this site will probably be BZP's only source of BIONICLE news for a good long while.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Wow. Definitely a great tribute-it's cool to see stuff labeled "Floating Island" and "Giant Power Plant". I'm also glad he takes notice of BZP, though it might be hard not to if you're part of the LEGO community.

Eh, we're a comparatively small site, and there is a absolutely vast amount of Lego fansites out there. . .Anyway, I have a load of tabs open looking at this stuff. It'd pretty cool seeing how the story elements changed between the concept art and final product.

What a tribute this is. It's so awesome, and it's incredible how virtually the entire Bionicle story was planned from the start.Also, the giant vortex looks like Mata Nui's belly button. Of course, it's a little high.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.