Hunter

It sure has been a while since I've MOCed. Glad I finally made something.7072076731_3b0c4df4c3_n.jpg(Click for larger picture)BackAlternate AngleGalleryFlickrThis MOC is part of a competition between myself and Felix the Cat, click the banner on my sig to get to the contest page. The first round's theme was to build a mech/robot, so I decided to make one on wheels! The design/idea for this was somewhat based off of past MOCs, Scavenge and Voyager (Hence, the overly creative names).The build itself was very fun for me, I got to use some new techniques that I adored, and I've never made a successful wheeled biped before.Enjoy! C&C appreciated.

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 1

Whoa, this is one of the best MOCs I have seen ... ever. The flow is incredible, and the use of Technic, System, HF and Bionicle is sublime. To top it off, all designs are utterly unique and consistent throughout the MOC. The arms and legs use similar construction, particularly with HF armor, and it looks amazing. I can only offer a few ideas on color layering. The red, black, grey and hints of green is super, but the various ball and socket joints don't match all the time. The lower leg joint would look better with a pair of red bulbs, instead of the black, axle-though black ones. The weapon attached to the back would look better with a black socket piece. There's really nothing that can be done about the leg/hip connections, as those bulbs are part of the bohrok piece that must remain black. But the ball and socket joint that connects the hip to the torso could use a red bulb instead (and I can't see how the arms are attached). The lower torso could use a couple splashes of red too, maybe the tail ends/spikes (if they come in that color)? Anywhoo, this is a truly stunning MOC and a work of art. Nicely done.a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

I am also glad you made something, as this is very, very awesome. The gun on the top looks very nice, the head is original. Both from the front and back the chest looks brilliant, a lot of detail is crammed in there (like everywhere else). The arms look rather menacing, with those fingers and in that pose. The legs are beautiful, the bulky feet make the wheels seem in place. What I like most about this MOC is the smootheness of the Hero Factory pieces combined with all the tiny detail on the MOC. A true masterpiece, 10/10

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

That's really cool!Color scheme is epic(big black and red fan), and DAT HEAD.Love it!

Thanks, glad you like it!

Whoa, this is one of the best MOCs I have seen ... ever. The flow is incredible, and the use of Technic, System, HF and Bionicle is sublime. To top it off, all designs are utterly unique and consistent throughout the MOC. The arms and legs use similar construction, particularly with HF armor, and it looks amazing. I can only offer a few ideas on color layering. The red, black, grey and hints of green is super, but the various ball and socket joints don't match all the time. The lower leg joint would look better with a pair of red bulbs, instead of the black, axle-though black ones. The weapon attached to the back would look better with a black socket piece. There's really nothing that can be done about the leg/hip connections, as those bulbs are part of the bohrok piece that must remain black. But the ball and socket joint that connects the hip to the torso could use a red bulb instead (and I can't see how the arms are attached). The lower torso could use a couple splashes of red too, maybe the tail ends/spikes (if they come in that color)? Anywhoo, this is a truly stunning MOC and a work of art. Nicely done.a_peace.png

Thank you!Those tips aren't actually color layering though, they're more about distributing the colors. And although they would help in adding more red throughout the MOC, it would kinda mess up the red-over-black color layering that the MOC has =/ I tried to add red wherever possible, prior to posting the MOC, but nothing could be added without losing the aesthetic of the color layering, sadly.

The head is really creatively designed. The chest and the hands are also really good. It's a really awesome MOC.

I am also glad you made something, as this is very, very awesome. The gun on the top looks very nice, the head is original. Both from the front and back the chest looks brilliant, a lot of detail is crammed in there (like everywhere else). The arms look rather menacing, with those fingers and in that pose. The legs are beautiful, the bulky feet make the wheels seem in place. What I like most about this MOC is the smootheness of the Hero Factory pieces combined with all the tiny detail on the MOC. A true masterpiece, 10/10

Thank you :) I really enjoyed using the HF parts here, really added to the aesthetic of the MOC.

This is amazing. The touches of Red works great, especially having those claws in red too. I especially love how clean it looks, which I feel is what the Hero Factory shell pieces promote exceptionally.The head is excellent using the two Toa masks and the tube. I also love the detail on the torso. It blends excellently with everything else, and looks very strong. The legs are also superb by keeping them look clean and basic with the Hero Factory armor pieces. The way they are angled also is nice-looking.Overall, my favorite part is the hip/waist area, by using that Bohrok arm. I'd have never tried using that piece, but it works excellently. The one and probably only thing that I see that could be changed is the wheel color. If those wheels exist in red, which I'm unsure of, that'd probably be the best option, or maybe black, but I'm unsure how that would look. It's still great how you fit them there, but the grey looks a bit out of place in my opinion.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 weeks later...

This is amazing. The touches of Red works great, especially having those claws in red too. I especially love how clean it looks, which I feel is what the Hero Factory shell pieces promote exceptionally.The head is excellent using the two Toa masks and the tube. I also love the detail on the torso. It blends excellently with everything else, and looks very strong. The legs are also superb by keeping them look clean and basic with the Hero Factory armor pieces. The way they are angled also is nice-looking.Overall, my favorite part is the hip/waist area, by using that Bohrok arm. I'd have never tried using that piece, but it works excellently. The one and probably only thing that I see that could be changed is the wheel color. If those wheels exist in red, which I'm unsure of, that'd probably be the best option, or maybe black, but I'm unsure how that would look. It's still great how you fit them there, but the grey looks a bit out of place in my opinion.

Thanks! I did not have the inner bits of the wheels in red (if they even exist), but regardless, I stayed with them since I felt that they worked well with the other accents of light bley throughout the MOC. Although If I had those in red, I'd surely love to use those instead of the bley ones.

That is Fantastic! I love the way the green tube gives the appearance of teeth.

Thank you.

The fluidity and aesthetics of this MOC are just amazing. You can really nail those heads made out of masks as this and Voyager show. Everything fits together and flows as a single unit - the robotic entity Hunter.The only qualm I have is in the color distribution. I like it from toe to chest, but it suddenly gets really red-top-heavy after that. I think the red works on the upper surface of the back and head with the Bohrok shield and Hau, but it would be nice if the Kakama were in black. Since you clearly have some of those '01 mask packs to have a red Kakama, I don't know if you might also have a black one. Of course, this is also prone to difficulties if it ends up giving the impression that the head is cut in half, top red and bottom black...argh. I'm not sure what's the best; I just find that all-red head on the nearly-all-black front of the body is a little too striking.The only reason I wrote so much is because the only improvements possible require so much careful ultra-fine tuning. This is still easily a 9.5+/10.0.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

• 3 weeks later...

The fluidity and aesthetics of this MOC are just amazing. You can really nail those heads made out of masks as this and Voyager show. Everything fits together and flows as a single unit - the robotic entity Hunter.The only qualm I have is in the color distribution. I like it from toe to chest, but it suddenly gets really red-top-heavy after that. I think the red works on the upper surface of the back and head with the Bohrok shield and Hau, but it would be nice if the Kakama were in black. Since you clearly have some of those '01 mask packs to have a red Kakama, I don't know if you might also have a black one. Of course, this is also prone to difficulties if it ends up giving the impression that the head is cut in half, top red and bottom black...argh. I'm not sure what's the best; I just find that all-red head on the nearly-all-black front of the body is a little too striking.The only reason I wrote so much is because the only improvements possible require so much careful ultra-fine tuning. This is still easily a 9.5+/10.0.

Thank you! I tried to make all areas possible red, without breaking the color layering or the aesthetic. I didn't intend to have the whole MOC appear really red, rather just to have small red and light bley accents throughout. Glad you like the MOC.

He has a very sleek, streamlined build.If umbra's feet were like that, his set would have been so much cooler.Love the head, BTW.

Thanks, although I'd say that Umbra would've been much more unstable with these feet, heh.

This Moc looks really great. I love the integration of both Bionicle and Hero Factory pieces, and that head is awesome. I can't think of anything bad about it.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

dat head, how u do dees dolanThis makes me feel so old that the newest part I recognize is that new hand piece that was introduced in 2004. Far as I know, you made the rest of the pieces yourself. 0/10 use Lego's pieces or don't even build it.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

@JC: It doesn't look like there are any custom pieces at all in this MOC.Wow, this is very impressive. The head is simply brilliant, as is the upper torso.I'm not very fond of the legs however. I can see the style you were going for with them, but I'm not really liking it. Also, the waist seems extremely narrow, but maybe that's just me. Either way, the thing is fantastic.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Quite epic, its all very interesting and streamlined, and most of the connections are obvious, i just wish i had this myself in my hands so i could turn it upside down and all around lol. One of the more interesting (and cool) connections is the spinal column right above the pelvis, where its actually ball and hands stacked down into that bohrok arm, but i am interested into whats behind the bohrok arm as the hand doesnt seem to go directly into it but right behind it... oh well, very cool!

my_card.jpg

credit to Bonesiii for the av,

credit to xecha for the template for the card, but I did all the work on it, thank you very much!

credit to taka nuvia (or her current name) for the original skullbud .2 file of which i edited,

to make the thing you see in my sign-off, if/when i use them

I am the who when you ask; "Who's there?" I am the wind blowing through your hair

I am the shadow on the moon at night, Filling your dreams to the brim with fright

I am The Darkness underneath your bed, I am the thoughts inside your head

Who Am I, You Ask? I Am One Of Many, And Many Are The _G.R.I.D_

WE ARE _G.R.I.D_ AND OUR TIME HAS COME

:kaukau: I like how this flows like a regular LEGO set, and in fact better than most Bionicle sets.However, at first I thought the color scheme was orange and black, which I thought was very cool, until I realized it was red and black instead, which I don't like as much in the proportions given. There is, of course, nothing you can do about this short of painting your pieces, but it's not necessarily bad, considering that most other people like it.My favorite part would be the upper body. Sure, certain aspects of the hip and feet all stand out to me, but everything about the chest and head appeal to me, plus the gun. It's unfortunate that I don't have the pieces to make something this elegant. Perhaps I should start buying LEGO again, since I pretty much quit since Bionicle ended.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

I opened up the thread and my jaw literally dropped. True Story. This is that great.The only thing that might be an issu is the number of colors you've got there...You've got black, red, grey, trans lime, and yellow. Kind of busy, color wise, but still pretty awesome. And those wheel feet...awesome. Seriously. This is really well done. There are so many elements I could point to: the head, the turret, the hips...it's great.

{Z}

This totally reminds me of the covenant from Halo. Sorry, I HAD to say that.Nonetheless, this MoC is amazing. It seems to have a very sleek and refined shape, while also seeming to have a malevolent attitude. I love your selection of colours, despite of what some others have said. If I had to describe the MoC in word, it would be "sexy".I would actually buy this is if it were a real set. With some modifications, I can easily imagine this being part of the Hero Factory line.This is actually much better than most of sets that lego has made during the final years of Bionicle.Put this on Cuusoo.I give it a 9.5/10

Edited by Peng Floyd

Majhost sucks

dat head, how u do dees dolanThis makes me feel so old that the newest part I recognize is that new hand piece that was introduced in 2004. Far as I know, you made the rest of the pieces yourself. 0/10 use Lego's pieces or don't even build it.

Even though you didn't make the pieces yourself I have to agree with JC. The new parts makes it very easy to moc and therefor I think it looks cheap. 3/10

Even though you didn't make the pieces yourself I have to agree with JC. The new parts makes it very easy to moc and therefor I think it looks cheap. 3/10
Hahaha, you guys made me laugh. So much. :')As much as I appreciate a bit of negativity on my opponent's MOC, accusing him of making his own parts is ridiculous - the man couldn't do it if he tried! I also agree that the new parts make it 'easy' to MOC, but that's really only if you're using the basic HF bone structure, something this MOC does not do. So please, have a bit of respect for the time and effort required to successfully incorporate HF shells into a sturdy and solid MOC.You're welcome, LO. <333You already know my thoughts on this one, but it's obviously gotta be pretty great to make it to front page. So I'll take this as an omen that you will beat me in round 1... whether I like it or not. Round 2 shall be a different story though ;)-FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

Hahaha, you guys made me laugh. So much. :')As much as I appreciate a bit of negativity on my opponent's MOC, accusing him of making his own parts is ridiculous - the man couldn't do it if he tried! I also agree that the new parts make it 'easy' to MOC, but that's really only if you're using the basic HF bone structure, something this MOC does not do. So please, have a bit of respect for the time and effort required to successfully incorporate HF shells into a sturdy and solid MOC.You're welcome, LO. <333You already know my thoughts on this one, but it's obviously gotta be pretty great to make it to front page. So I'll take this as an omen that you will beat me in round 1... whether I like it or not. Round 2 shall be a different story though ;)-FtC
Am I not allowed to have my own opinion maybe? I believe that using hf parts to cover up flaws does not take time nor effort..

If you only remember parts from 2004 then you really haven't followed Lego to know that they make new pieces over the years right? Saying he made all of those pieces makes you look that you don't know Lego enough. Every piece in this MOC is made by Lego itself and I believe if the pieces were fake he wouldn't made it to the front page in the first place.

Am I not allowed to have my own opinion maybe? I believe that using hf parts to cover up flaws does not take time nor effort..

It clearly depends on the way you use HF parts. As you may see the wheels on the feet and the HF armor merges perfectly which was done on purpose. If you tried that with only Bionicle pieces you really would have some trouble gaining the same shape and the final result may not look that good. Btw he fused HF parts with Bionicle ones pretty well since the look and shape of the pieces don't match well (with the Bionicle ones having more details than the HF ones). Anyway to the MOC. The way you used the two masks to create a new head is really amazing. Only thing I noticed is that his eye tube (that runs behind and in the head) looks kinda out of place and would look better if it was covered.

I had a signature once

it's gone now

If you only remember parts from 2004 then you really haven't followed Lego to know that they make new pieces over the years right? Saying he made all of those pieces makes you look that you don't know Lego enough. Every piece in this MOC is made by Lego itself and I believe if the pieces were fake he wouldn't made it to the front page in the first place.

It clearly depends on the way you use HF parts. As you may see the wheels on the feet and the HF armor merges perfectly which was done on purpose. If you tried that with only Bionicle pieces you really would have some trouble gaining the same shape and the final result may not look that good. Btw he fused HF parts with Bionicle ones pretty well since the look and shape of the pieces don't match well (with the Bionicle ones having more details than the HF ones).Anyway to the MOC. The way you used the two masks to create a new head is really amazing. Only thing I noticed is that his eye tube (that runs behind and in the head) looks kinda out of place and would look better if it was covered.
Exactly it looks better with hf parts but it takes less time and effort.

It's time to drop the debate. This topic is for discussing and critiquing LO's MOC, not for aggressive proselytizing and argument.If you believe that the use of HF or other pieces detracts from the MOC, it is fine to incorporate such a statement into your critique, but leave it at that.

@alpha123: I agree, it may be a tad narrower than I liked. But I didn't have anyway of thickening it. Thanks.@WE_Are_Grid: Actually, it is attached to the bohrok limb, but the parts around it are to make the limb itself not seem so thin.@Kraggh: I wish I had some of the parts I used there in red, just so I could have distributed the colors better. Thanks, and maybe you should buy some again ;)@Zaxvo: Actually, the area that appears yellow is trans-neon :) Thank you.@Peng: Thanks, glad you liked it.@Fee: Love you too bro <3 And yes, we surely will see on round two ;)@Sparky: Thanks bro. My original intention when MOCing this was to have it be "blind", but I couldn't find a way to make the eye hole fully black, so I settled for the pipe acting as the eye.@Tomaku: You're entitled to your opinion indeed, not everyone enjoys HF parts. Personally, I felt that they worked perfectly in displaying the aesthetic that I wanted for this MOC. And I'm sure having 12 HF armor plates, out of about 200+ total parts, didn't make anything easier for me ;)@Windrider: Thank you for clearing this up, I didn't want my topic to be the basis of a big debate.

Edited by Ghost Rider (Lord Oblivion

Very like the head, the body build is very sleek and NPU for those feet.Overall it's a great MOC, but need more red in some parts :)

Thanks bro, glad you like it. And yeah, it did need some more red =/

I was being ironic guys...

Glad to know, I wasn't completely sure whether or not you were being so. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It's been a while since I've looked at mocs on this site, but your moc reeled me in. The way the pieces mesh together is incredible (especially the legs). Excellent job!Looking at both Felix's and your mocs, a contest between you two will be interesting for sure.

Edited by Mr. Fluffy

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

It's been a while since I've looked at mocs on this site, but your moc reeled me in. The way the pieces mesh together is incredible (especially the legs). Excellent job!Looking at both Felix's and your mocs, a contest between you two will be interesting for sure.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. And yes, our match has been fairly interesting so far, just one last MOC (by Felix), and it sadly comes to an end :(

That's really awesome. The head, arms, legs and torso are fantastic!The wheels bug me a little, but that's just me.

Thanks! That is pretty understandable, they light grey on the wheels stick out a bit. But I didn't happen to have any alternate colors for the inner parts of them (and I don't think any exist for that specific piece).