Your Hero Factory Collection?

I don't see many talking about this. :PI do wonder why though; why Bionicle collections are discussed nonstop but Hero Factory barely at all. Maybe it's because there aren't as many HF sets yet? Personally, I think there are (IIRC there are 47 sets total currently; 45 not counting Breez and Thornraxx), but regardless, what is your current Hero Factory collection?As for me, well, I'm a little behind. I started collecting a bit late, when 3.0 was about to come out. So:1.0 - Xplode, Corroder, Thunder, Meltdown, Rotor, Von Nebula, Furno Bike (Those hero prices, wow)2.0 - Drilldozer, Nitroblast, Jetbug, Fire Lord, Furno 2.0, Breez 2.0, Evo 2.0, Nex 2.03.0 - Stormer 3.0, Bulk 3.0, Furno 3.0, Stringer 3.0, Rocka 3.0, Nex 3.0, Rocka XL, Waspix, Raw-Jaw, Witch Doctor"Breakout" - Rocka, Evo, Toxic Reapa, SurgeYeah. I rely on weekly allowance. :P 16-18 to go!Seriously, those 1.0 hero prices. Wow. :oAnd you?

Edited by Tech Warrior

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

1.0: Stormer, Stringer, Bulk, Surge, XPlode, Corroder, Meltdown, Rotor, Von Nebula2.0: Stormer, Furno, Breez, Surge, Nex, Nitroblast, Jetbug3.0: Stringer, Bulk, Rocka, Waspix, Witch DoctorBreakout, Wave 1 (US): All of them.I'm missing quite a few from 3.0 that I really want, but I guess it can't be helped.

AXKP5KC.png

Here's my collection.Rise of the Rookies - Mark Surge, Jimi Stringer, Xplode, Corroder, Meltdown, Rotor, Von NebulaOrdeal of Fire - Surge 2.0, Evo 2.0, Nex 2.0, Nitroblast, Drilldozer, Jetbug, Fire LordSavage Planet - Nex 3.0, Stringer 3.0, Raw-Jaw, Waspix, Fangz, Scorpio, Witch DoctorBreakout - Evo, Surge, Splitface, Toxic Reapa, Black Phantom, and I'll probably get Jawblade for my birthday, which is soon.I have a plan for which I will buy. Every version of Stringer, Surge, Evo, and Nex. Also, every villain, because I like the villains way more than the heroes, usually. I REALLY want to find Thunder, but, of course, everywhere I look there is every single villain EXCEPT for Thunder. I had the chance to buy him, but I didn't take it at the time... <_<

Edited by Nuvaguy

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

I have bought a lot of Hero Factory. Especially the ones with the new building system.Original Hero Factory SetsHeroes- Furno x2, Surge x2 Breez, Bulk, Stringer x2 Stormer, Furno BikeVillians- Corroder, Rotor, X-plode, Von Nebula2.0Heroes- Furno x2. Surge x2, Breez x2, Evo x2, Nex, StormerVillians- Fire Lord, Jetbug, Drilldozer, Nitroblast3.0Heroes- Rocka, Furno, Stringer, Bulk, Nex, Stormer. Rocka XLVillians- Scorpio, Waspix, Raw Jaw, Fangz, Witch Doctor x2 (One Witch Doctor was a christmas present)BreakoutHeroes- Rocka, Furno, Surge, EvoVillians- Splitface, Jawblade, Toxic Reapa, Black PhantomI will be getting at least one of every set in the Breakout part 2 series. After that I'm going to be more controlling with my money and only buy the sets that have parts I want.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Here's my collection.Rise of the Rookies - Mark Surge, Jimi Stringer, Xplode, Corroder, Meltdown, Rotor, Von NebulaOrdeal of Fire - Surge 2.0, Evo 2.0, Nex 2.0, Nitroblast, Drilldozer, Jetbug, Fire LordSavage Planet - Nex 3.0, Stringer 3.0, Raw-Jaw, Waspix, Fangz, Scorpio, Witch DoctorBreakout - Evo, Surge, Splitface, Toxic Reapa, Black Phantom, and I'll probably get Jawblade for my birthday, which is soon.I have a plan for which I will buy. Every version of Stringer, Surge, Evo, and Nex. Also, every villain, because I like the villains way more than the heroes, usually. I REALLY want to find Thunder, but, of course, everywhere I look there is every single villain EXCEPT for Thunder. I had the chance to buy him, but I didn't take it at the time... <_<

Thunder is all over eBay!As for me, I just want to get all of them. :P 1.0 heroes, however, especially Bulk, Stringer, and Stormer, are incredibly rare/expensive...

I AM A TOA OF SOUND. I CAN IDENTIFY DRUM N BASS BY THE VIBRATION OF THE GROUND. I CAN HEAR MAKUTA ROAR FROM MILES AWAY. I AM JUST THAT FREAKING AWESOME.

Rise of the Rookies: Breez, Meltdown, Xplode, Corroder, and RotorOrdeal of Fire: Breez, Evo, Nex,and DrilldozerSavage Planet: Nex, Bulk, Stringer, Waspix, Raw-Jaw, and Witch DoctorBreakout: Evo and Black Phantom, Planning to buy: Bulk, Core Hunter, and Stormer XL

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

1.0: Everything except Drop Ship (still plan on getting it).2.0: Furno, Evo, Fire Lord, Drilldozer, and Nitroblast3.0: Stormer, Waspix, Witch Doctor4.0: Everything available in the US =P.I skimped on 2.0 and 3.0; as much as I liked the system, it just didn't feel as compelling to get that many of them. I do think I might hunt down Jetbug and some of the animals at some point, though.Also assorted Recon members.

First Wave: Preston Stormer, Natalie Breez, William Furno, Duncan Bulk, Mark Surge, Jimi Stringer, Von Nebula, XPlode, Meltdown, Corroder, Thunder, Rotor, Bulk & Vapor, Furno Bike, Drop ShipSecond Wave: Stormer 2.0, Furno 2.0, Evo 2.0, Nex 2.0, Surge 2.0, Breez 2.0, Drilldozer, Jetbug, Nitroblast, Fire LordThird Wave: Rocka 3.0, Nex 3.0, Stormer 3.0, Bulk 3.0, Stringer 3.0, Furno 3.0, Rocka XL, Waspix, Raw-Jaw, Fangs, Scorpio, Witch DoctorFourth Wave: Furno, Toxic Reapa, Black Phantom, Jawblade, Spitface

plop

Never bought, never will. I hate those designs. The armor on Bionicle seemed interwoven and a part of the body, this HF armor is like slapping dinner plates on a skeleton. (That includes the amount of armor gaps in doing such a thing) And the FACES...they look like something out of Power Rangers.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Hmmm. I believe I have everyone realeased so far except for the Furno Bike and Scorpio.I also have bought a secong Rocka XL for parts (clearance for $11.00!), but that doesn't really count as part of the collection.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Never bought, never will. I hate those designs. The armor on Bionicle seemed interwoven and a part of the body, this HF armor is like slapping dinner plates on a skeleton. (That includes the amount of armor gaps in doing such a thing) And the FACES...they look like something out of Power Rangers.

I disagree. As I see it, Hero Factory armor helps to create a substantial-looking anatomy unlike, say, Mistika Tahu Nuva's upper legs. Hero Factory shells are also largely consistent with one another, so you can use them in pretty much any combination. And parts like the arms won't look quite as flimsy-looking or riddled with holes if left un-armored compard to several BIONICLE joint pieces.I'm obviously not a fan of all Hero Factory sets, which is part of the reason I never bought any 1.0 sets. The new building system is what really got me hooked, hence why I collected so many sets from that series. It feels more substantial and versatile to me than BIONICLE, not less. As I see it, it's better to have the freedom to assemble a body from skeleton parts and shells than to have specialized body parts like lower legs and torsos built for you. That same "versatility" aspect is part of the reason I preferred the Toa Inika torso to most earlier designs. Sure, a pre-assembled torso design like the Toa Mata or Toa Metru torsos will look more substantial than some custom torsos using the Toa Inika design, but you're much more limited in what you can do with them at that canister-set scale.If you're worried about torsos looking gappy, it's worth mentioning that the latest series of Hero Factory sets has included back armor for many of the medium-size figures. So far the only set I own personally that does this is Splitface, but I plan to possibly moderator my Surge figure to have back armor in the same style as the newest version of Breez, if I can get a hold of one of those 1.0 feet in Bright Blue. Even though I personally own only two Breakout sets so far, I plan to get many more since I feel this year's sets really demonstrate the versatility of the new building system.

I disagree. As I see it, Hero Factory armor helps to create a substantial-looking anatomy unlike, say, Mistika Tahu Nuva's upper legs. Hero Factory shells are also largely consistent with one another, so you can use them in pretty much any combination. And parts like the arms won't look quite as flimsy-looking or riddled with holes if left un-armored compard to several BIONICLE joint pieces.I'm obviously not a fan of all Hero Factory sets, which is part of the reason I never bought any 1.0 sets. The new building system is what really got me hooked, hence why I collected so many sets from that series. It feels more substantial and versatile to me than BIONICLE, not less. As I see it, it's better to have the freedom to assemble a body from skeleton parts and shells than to have specialized body parts like lower legs and torsos built for you. That same "versatility" aspect is part of the reason I preferred the Toa Inika torso to most earlier designs. Sure, a pre-assembled torso design like the Toa Mata or Toa Metru torsos will look more substantial than some custom torsos using the Toa Inika design, but you're much more limited in what you can do with them at that canister-set scale.If you're worried about torsos looking gappy, it's worth mentioning that the latest series of Hero Factory sets has included back armor for many of the medium-size figures. So far the only set I own personally that does this is Splitface, but I plan to possibly moderator my Surge figure to have back armor in the same style as the newest version of Breez, if I can get a hold of one of those 1.0 feet in Bright Blue. Even though I personally own only two Breakout sets so far, I plan to get many more since I feel this year's sets really demonstrate the versatility of the new building system.
Only an opinion. And really, Bionicle had an interchangeable armor system too, but the armor was more unique. Just grab an "upper limb piece", the kind that became standard in the Inika, and you can slap basically anything on it. (That includes things that aren't even armor, like the Phantoka/Mistika gear, and you can even slap on certain limbs, for whatever reason.)I do see where you're coming from, though. I just don't agree with it at all.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I think it'd probably be easier for us all if I just list the sets I don't have, given I'm something of a compulsive buyer and a completionist.1.0 - I have every set.2.0 - I don't have Breez 2.0, Surge 2.0 nor Nex 2.0.3.0 - I don't have Fangz or Scorpio.4.0 - I lack Toxic Reapa, Jawblade and Thornraxx.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I haven't gotten any Hero Factory sets since last year, but here's what I own personally (not counting my brothers' collections):

• [*]2143 Rocka 3.0 (lions)[*]2144 Nex 3.0 (and tigers)[*]2183 Stringer 3.0 (and bears, oh my! :P)[*]2231 Waspix[*]2232 Raw-Jaw[*]2233 Fangz[*]2236 Scorpio[*]2282 Rocka XL[*]2283 Witch Doctor[*]7145 Von Nebula[*]7158 Furno Bike[*]7179 Dunkan Bulk and Vapor

I hope I can get the chance to pick up some 2012 sets, though there are a couple of themes that I still want to get some sets from.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

1.0: Furno, Surge, Xplode, Thunder, Meltdown, Rotor, Furno Bike2.0: Furno, Breez, Surge, Stormer, Nex, Evo, Jetbug, Nitroblast, Fire Lord3.0: Furno, Rocka, Nex, Stormer, Stringer, Bulk, Witch Doctor, Raw-Jaw, Waspix4.0: Rocka, Toxic Reapa

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

ROTR: Stormer, Stringer, Bulk, Furno, Breez, Surge, Von Nebula, Thunder(all w/ broken pieces. ###### YOU LEGO)OOF: Stormer 2.0, Furno 2.0, Surge 2.0, Evo 2.0, Nex 2.0, Fire Lord(NOT THE Fire Lord), NitroblastSP: Furno 3.0, Rocka 3.0, Witch DoctorBreakout: Evo

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Stormer 2.0 and Furno 2.0. The latter of which, somewhat ironically, was caught in a fire the day I got it.Also Stormer 3.0, which technically isn't mine, but still.

Comics coming eventually: The Bionicles Try to Run A House

Upcoming MOCs: Sir Lesovikk, New Tokotoru.

Current MOCs: ROTF Ravage.

Dead MOCs: The Tokotoru, this fire monster, this turtle.

This topic. Love it and cherish it. Do it for the lulz.

Rise of the Rookies (Fall 2010) - all setsOrdeal of Fire (Winter 2011) - all setsSavage Planet (Fall 2011) - Stormer 3.0, Waspix, Raw-Jaw, Rocka XL, Witch DoctorBreakout (2012) - Rocka, Evo, Jawblade

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Just added Surge from Breakout to mine.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

• 2 weeks later...

When I first heard of Hero Factory, I wasn't that interested, but now I'm trying to collect pretty much every set in existence. For the pieces :P1.0: Bulk, Thunder, Meltdown, Corroder, Von Nebula.2.0: Furno, Stormer, Breez, Evo, Nex, Fire Lord, Nitroblast, Jetbug, Drilldozer. (Just need Surge)3.0: Rocka, Stormer, Nex, Bulk, Rocka XL, Witch Doctor, Scorpio, Raw-Jaw, Fangz, Waspix. (Just need Stringer and perhaps Furno)Breakout: Surge, Toxic Reapa, Splitface.I also bought a custom Recon Hero with Furno 3.0's mask.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

1.0: Stringer, Breeze, Meltdown, Corroder, XPlode2.0: Stormer, Furno, Nex, Breeze, Evo (2x), Surge (4x), Drilldozer, Nitroblast3.0: Rocka, Stringer, Bulk, Nex, Rocka XL, Waspix, Raw-Jaw, Fangz, ScorpioBreakout: Evo, Furno, Rocka, Toxic ReapaI ended up loving the new building style and bought many of the 2.0 characters for their parts (include 4 of Surge for the blue elements, even though I disliked his design), and then got a bunch of 3.0 characters from Lego to review. Currently my favorite is still Bulk 3.0.:music:

Edited by xccj