Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

I seen both at my not so local Walmart Though like I said did not pick either up due to limited funding.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got CW deluxe Dragstrip today.

It's a nice toy, but hardly worth €27/$30.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Indeed. Arcee Has taken a darker tone with being black and purple. Wait are we sure she is not rolling Decepticon this time around? Chroma looks much like herself from G1 and I don't know about Windblade, I think she is a new character based on a fan submission a couple years ago.

What is with the weapons though. I mean where is one suppose to store them in vehicle mode? They are over compensating for being female or something?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

The film industry is barely sustaining the (dubiously miraculous) Marvel Continuity, and it's going to collapse under sheer ungodly weight with a poorly-concieved DC and an unwanted Transformers universe.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Guys. Platinum games is making a Transformers game.

As awesome as that sounds. Why now? The last game was a dud and I haven't heard much in the way of really exciting transformers stuff.

Just seems kinda odd.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Starscream turns turncoat and then dies.

WOah, Tag those spoilers

Says the guy who didn't do it himself... :P Practice what you preach my friend...

As for the new game, I am looking forward to it. By that I mean watching it because I don't have a mainstream console to play it on. If it does come to the 3DS I don't think it will play to the same level as them.

@Bambi

I personally liked the Unicron trilogy for what it was worth. True like prior series it has some faults like it may appear like a "Monster of the week" and some tried to compare Armada to that of Pokémon with the "Gota catch em all" feel of the scattered Mini-cons. As for Starscream, Well he is Starscream he is always going against Megatron in some form or another. If you want more details you'll just have to watch the Show itself. There are some ice homages to plots in G1 if you have watched that series.

Edited by Makaru
Improper spoiler tag removed

Onua.png

Guys. Platinum games is making a Transformers game.

As awesome as that sounds. Why now? The last game was a dud and I haven't heard much in the way of really exciting transformers stuff.

Just seems kinda odd.

Because Transformers makes a lot of dosh, and if I remember correctly Platinum has a few game deal with Activision.

It's  probably going to be really good, though.

hElbrZ6.gif

What do you guys think of the Unicron Trilogy? I've been meaning to watch it, particularly Armada/Energon. 

I've also heard they do something interesting with Starscream in Armada, which I'd really like to see.

It's ok, not the greatest transformers continuity, but far from the worst.

What do you guys think of the Unicron Trilogy? I've been meaning to watch it, particularly Armada/Energon. 

I've also heard they do something interesting with Starscream in Armada, which I'd really like to see. 

Armada's okay and Cybertron is too.

Energon is barely above Kiss Players in quality. Just an wful, awful cartoon.

hElbrZ6.gif

Well isn't that just prime?

It would be interesting to have an MP BW Megatron to accompany him at a later time. Yesss.....

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

I couldn't care less about Sky Lynx, for the same reason I'm happy with Blast Off as a Jet. Transformers may be a ridiculous concept at its core, but there are some things that still stretch it too far in my mind - the list of which includes bird-cat-shuttle-robots, and space shuttles that can shrink down to the size of a tank and have the word "combat" in their team name. As it stands, I'll be skipping out on the entirety of waves 4 and 6, but Bruticus will be mine for sure.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Sky-Lynx is the only one of waves 4 and 5 I'll be getting. I have zero attachment to the original character or toy, so the changes don't really bother me much. I completely understand why people would be very disappointed (and it would have been cool to see him faithfully updated of course), but since he'll be in the combined beast mode all the time for me anyway... Not too bothered.

Blast Off as a jet wouldn't bother me as much if it weren't a complete repaint of Quickslinger. In fact, that's why I don't like Vortex either, since he's just Alpha Bravo entirely. Which means, thanks to Victorion, we're getting FIVE uses of that mold with zero changes except a head or two. If they had just given him four rotor blades and a new tailfin... And even Blast Off a different head... But I know I'll still end up with them anyway..

After Devastator arrives at the beginning of next month (and I'm going Hasbro because despite fully believing that Takara's is the undeniable best, I don't want to pay so much more for it when he'll be combined all the time for me), I'll be done hunting Transformers until Bruticus. Which will be nice lol. The Protectobot limbs just shipped today, so that's three combiners complete now.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Scattershot is possibly the laziest Combiner Wars toy thus far. His combined mode is literally Silverbolt's with a new coat of paint. Worse, somehow they got the brilliant idea to launch him without any of his fellow Technobots. Its such a shame, considering how good the five complete combiners are.

Victorion, on the other hand, looks decent, now that we know her finalized colors aren't quite as garish as they are on the hand painted prototype that was on display. The G2 combiners, on the other hand, are just ridiculous. I never even realized there was so much nostalgia for that part of Transformers history - that is, assuming these things sell as well as Hasbro apparently thinks they will.

Overall, it seems that I'm going to be spending a lot less money on new releases in 2016 than I already have this year. Which is fine with me, as it will give me a chance to invest in some of the older releases that I missed. Looking forward to Bruticus though!

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

If I weren't preoccupied by Bionicle, I would get pretty much all of the Leader Class figures in Combiner Wars right now including Megatron (G1 version), Ultra Magnus, and all of the upcoming seekers. Jetfire would somehow fit in there, as well. Because he's Jetfire.

I'd also like to get CW Optimus Prime with Prowl, Ironhide, Wheeljack, and Hound. So what if they're not on the same team, that's just the "versatility of the play pattern".

Edited by FordianL

• 4 months later...

Wow, this topic is dead. So anyway, what do people think of all the news since the last post? Between Trypticon, Titan wars, and a bunch of other rumored toys (including Combiner Wars Computron limbs and more 1984 movie characters reimagined as headmasters), it looks like Generations 2016 has a little something for everyone. The carrtoon segment of the brand is look looking much less positive, however, especially with the confirmed cancellation of Robots in Disguise after season 2 (apparently so they can make a cartoon that directly ties in with the movies). And Bayformers will probably never stop being Bayformers, especially since there's no indication that this grand mess of a cinemamtic universe is ditching or rebooting anything that sucked in the last four films.

As for me personally, I must say I couldn't have picked a better year to finally become a big collector rather than an occasional impulse purchaser. Combiner Wars toys are probably more fun to display and transform than anything Hasbro has done before. I'm so glad I was able to assemble a complete Menasor and Superion before the limbs started going way up in price, and I'm looking forward to adding Defensor and Bruticus to my shelf next year. I'm still hesitant about buying any Leader class toys, however: 50 dollars for a single toy is a lot of money, and I'm not so keen on Megatron or Seekers towering over anything that isn't a combiner or Titan class. Ultra Magnus is looking pretty swell, though, especially since I'm still throwing around in my head an idea for a MTMTE themed shelf.

So, anyone else here still collecting, or consuming any Transformers media?

A little something for everyone except Beast Wars fans who wanted its 20th anniversary celebrated. :P

I haven't bought anything since Devastator and probably won't again until I find Bruticus. I'm really looking forward to Titans Return though. A lot of those look very promising.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Ha, we're even getting a Powermaster Prime. Can't wait for the inevitable Ginrai redeco. I'm serious about that, too- I love Masterforce.

Nah, I haven't been able to really get back into collecting the toys like I've been wanting to I'd love to get at least Devastator before the Combiner Wars stuff starts getting scarce. Jetfire also, but that's less because a new Jetfire is groundbreaking like Devastator, more because I have a staunch policy of making Harmony Gold salty. And there's no easier way of doing that than buying robot toys based on F-14 jets.

Edited by Hodor

hElbrZ6.gif

A little something for everyone except Beast Wars fans who wanted its 20th anniversary celebrated. :P

I don't know if this is true, so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently the Beast Wars toys Hasbro released under the Thrilling 30 line did not sell, which may explain why Hasbro isn't celebrating the anniversary of the show. However, I've read speculation on at least one transformers fan site that the next Generations line after Titan Wars could be Beast Wars - which could encompass not only Beast Wars cartoon characters, but also the beast combiners from G1, and maybe even the Dinobots. If this is the case, a lot of people will undoubtedly be very happy.

At least Takara is giving us Masterpiece Optimus Primal. Which looks fantastic to me... in robot mode. I want to see an actual prototype before judging that beast mode. But I'm excited for that!

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

So guys, I don't know how this is possible, but I have apparently ended up with the first Combiner Wars Brawl in existence that actually fits together correctly - or at least, the first reported online. In fact, he fits together so well that I mistook a scam of a fix for his chest issue I saw on a fansite as being legitimately useful. Eventually, I realized my Brawl transformed correctly regardless, and suffers from none of the issues listed on the official transformers wiki or in any review of the toy. In fact, I would say he fits together better than the majority of the Combiner Wars toys I own, and is easily my favorite of the deluxe Commbaticons. 

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

• 2 weeks later...

So guys, I don't know how this is possible, but I have apparently ended up with the first Combiner Wars Brawl in existence that actually fits together correctly - or at least, the first reported online. In fact, he fits together so well that I mistook a scam of a fix for his chest issue I saw on a fansite as being legitimately useful. Eventually, I realized my Brawl transformed correctly regardless, and suffers from none of the issues listed on the official transformers wiki or in any review of the toy. In fact, I would say he fits together better than the majority of the Combiner Wars toys I own, and is easily my favorite of the deluxe Commbaticons. 

Haven't been able to check any fansites or TFWiki to see that he had any problems. What's wrong with him?

Also, got Mirage and Prowl recently. Prowl is now my favorite CW figure I own.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)