Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

Haven't been able to check any fansites or TFWiki to see that he had any problems. What's wrong with him?

Also, got Mirage and Prowl recently. Prowl is now my favorite CW figure I own.

is easily my favorite of the deluxe Commbaticons. 

Basically, the flat plastic piece that connects his waist to his chest apparently does not lock on many copies, resulting in Brawl's upper half flopping over backwards. Also, the waist itself is supposed to fold over 90 degrees and lock into the bottom of the chest, but since it was not designed with any tabs, it often does not lock either. I have thankfully avoided both of those issues, and I've noticed since buying him that tfwiki has been updated to reflect that I am not the only lucky one.

In other news, I've pre-ordered the wave six voyager case, so Bruticus will soon be complete, and I'll have my own bird-dino-cat-shutle-torso-thingy as well. I must admit, my opinion on Sky Lynx has made a complete 180 since writing about my disdain for him previously. It helps that he's been really entertaining in the IDW comics, and the CW toy looks quite cool. Also, he doesn't split into separate cat and bird any more, and while some fans *coughGeewuncough* might have an issue with that, I completely approve.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Ah, OK. Hm, if I try to complete Bruticus on my limited budget I guess I'll be buying Brawl last.

Side note, when is Titans Return supposed to be hitting shelves, again? Some time this year, right?

Edited by Artakha's Ghost

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, oh wow. So, I was browsing tfwiki this morning, and ended up on the page for The Thirteen. Upon which I discovered that, at least as far as I can tell, the official list of original Primes has been utterly screwed up, due to an apparently not very well informed writer for the Ask Vector Prime Facebook page canonizing Mortilus, Adaptus, Epistermis, and Solomonus as members of the Thirteen. You know, the four other parts of IDW Prima once the Transformers god split himself five ways, who were formerly exclusive to that continuity and may in fact be nothing more than legends in universe. Regardless, they are most certainly NOT members of the thirteen in IDW, since the full list of Thirteen in the comics has already been revealed to be virtually the same as it when it was first established for the Alligned continuty - but they are apparently members of the Thirteen in a yet to be featured continuity that nevertheless now exists in the transformers multiverse. In other words, a big screw up.

Oh, and because this is Transformers canon we are talking about, it gets even better. Let me now quote the page for on the wiki for Adaptus:

In at least one universe, Adaptus was one of the Thirteen following the dissolution of the group as multiversal singularities. When the Thirteen spent time in Ancient Greece, Adaptus was fascinated by the ocean, and the holomatter avatar Adaptus used to interact with the human population wound up inspiring the legend of the god Poseidon. Vector wondered if his memory might live on in Sub-AtlanticaAsk Vector Prime, 8/8/15

Following the breaking up of the Thirteen, Vector described how Adaptus and four of his other siblings retreated into the Realm of the Primes, while he underwent self-induced amnesia to keep hidden the location of the pieces ofNexus Prime. During a later battle between Vector—now believing himself an ordinary Transfomer—and Mogahn the Mass, Vector's consciousness transcended into the Realm of the Primes, where Adaptus and his siblings unlocked his memories of his past. Vector returned to normal space and wrested away Mogahn's Cyber Caliber, using a gift Adaptus had bestowed on him to reformat the blade into Rhisling, with which he vanquished Mogahn. When Vector recounted this event in his internet Q&A column, he casually remarked that Adaptus would later be called "Amalgamous", causing his readers to express confusion, since they understood Adaptus and Amalgamous Prime to be separate beings from different universe's versions of the Thirteen. The distressed Vector realized he was conflating the memories of two different universes, which ought to have been impossible. As such, it becomes hard to know whether Adaptus was truly part of those events or not. 

So basically, it is now canon that, at least in the case of Adaptus, Vector Prime has made it clear in universe that he has no idea what he is talking about -, because in real life, the guy who wrote that particular Facebook post has no idea what he is talking about in that instance. However, the rest of this mess is still apparently canon, since in universe Vector Prime has not yet caught himself making a continuity error regarding the other newly established members of the Thirteen - even though in the real world the guy who ultimately is responsible for this mess has almost certainly made a continuity error, or at the very least, over-complicated the canon in a completely unnecessary way.

TLDR version: Transformers canon is not going to stop being a massive clusterfudge any time soon.

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Hi! I'm a Transformers super fan,and I thought I would be able to contribute to this topic, although I joined BZPower mainly for the Bionicle part. For Transformers discussion, I normally go to Seibertron.com's Energon Pub forums. So, anyway, my favorite series is Beast Wars and Computron is my favorite G1 Combiner.

Kopaka is my favorite Toa, and always will be.

My YouTube Channel!

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCwVIVUxepncP8Ywv8F5DDvg

Meet the Toa Enta!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/21626-toa-enta-mocs/

• 1 year later...

DTjS2dAXUAAlv8d.jpg

DTjS4FPXkAAxwmH.jpg

hot rod finally gets to start hrt and shows her new estrogen prescription to her girlfriend starscream. starscream is full of nothing but excitement and happiness that hot rod has finally gotten what shes always wanted
  • Upvote 2

bionicle is trans culture

Somehow I only just realised this topic exists, so, uh... hi!

I got aboard the transformers hype train a tad late, with Armada being my entrée, and there being a gap of interest between 2009 and last year meaning I'm pretty much out of the loop. The recent Prime Wars lines are pretty impressive though, and as a lifelong Soundwave/Cassettetron fan, I've acquired Laserbeak and Ravage from Titans Return, as well as Overboard (poor Overkill not only got renamed but isn't a cassette anymore either). I'm hunting around for Rumble and Buzzsaw (who's quite rare here), and hope to eventually pick up Soundwave as well, though the latter will be hard because leader class figures haven't been released in Hungary for a few years now, and he wasn't a lucky exception either.

Nonetheless, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

We have a transformers topic?

Awesome.

Well like Pohaturon I got into transformers with the Armada series.

As I got older I watched the original series and watched beast wars and just lost it.

Beast Wars is by far my favorite version of transformers for it is the continuations of the classic show but still its own unique thing.

Favorite Autobot:

Optimus Prime

Favorite Decepticon:

Soundwave

Favorite Maximal:

Tigertron

Favorite Predacon:

Blackarachnia

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, so I'm on a Transformers kick lately.

Long story short, started as a kid exposed to Robots in Disguise (vis Fox Kids) and G1 (through DVDs, though only Season 1) at the same time. Got on the Armada train right after (Armada Starscream is still one of my favorite Transformer characters period). Lost interest when Energon came out (let's just say my inner Armada fan was disappointed by it). Got back into it when Bayformers became a thing in 2007. Watched most of the important bits of G1 after finding out that there was more than just the first season (certain S2 episodes, the Movie, and certain S3 episodes). Rewatched those again over this past week.

I saw The Rebirth recently and while the animation wasn't that great and the story was meh, I accepted it for what it was. I've seen bits and pieces of the Japanese G1 seasons, and while I don't think very highly of Headmasters, I'm willing to give Masterforce and Victory a chance.

I started watching Prime not too long ago (Finished Season 1, starting 2). I love it. It brings back some G1 nostalgia (having both Peter Cullen and Frank Welker helps) but it's really updated for more current times and audiences. While it still has a lot of the trappings of a kids' show, I feel like it insults the viewer's intelligence way less than any of the past series I was exposed to. (No disrespect to G1, but let's be honest here it was not a "smart" series)

I also like the recent toys even though I only have a few. Titans Return Hot Rod with Shuffler's head stands proudly on my desk at home. Triggerhappy has a cool design too so I have him too.

I haven't been too exposed to Beast Wars so I don't have much to say about it. I did start watching it way back in 2008 but I lost interest in Transformers altogether when i was really early in it. I've seen the Japanese Beast Wars II movie though. It wasn't great, but Lio Convoy is one of the coolest-looking Transformers ever. I may give it a chance again after I finish with Prime.

I now have every Soundwave minion released in the Prime Wars Trilogy (so Overboard, Lazerbeak, Rumble, Ravage and Buzzsaw), and Soundwave himself is on his way. I'm a tad miffed that Overkill got his name changed and isn't a cassette anymore, but his little Titan Master form is pretty cool. 

I can't wait to get Titans Return Soundwave. This will be my first Soundwave figure, which is strange since he's been my favorite character ever since I've been exposed to Transformers. Finally, I'll have a picture with my two favorite fictional characters - Pohatu and Soundwave - on it!

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

I'm a tad miffed that Overkill got his name changed and isn't a cassette anymore, but his little Titan Master form is pretty cool. 

Dude, I love Titan Masters. I don't have very many (only own deluxe Hot Rod and Triggerhappy, and for individual TMs I have Nightbeat and Shuffler). Also on the Autobot side, Ramhorn is now a Titan Master instead of a tape. But to Hasbro/Takara's credit, he looks pretty cool as a Titan Master too.

I'm a little miffed that Titans Return is being phased out now, since I only got into buying them a month ago. But hey, the Prime Masters are fun little guys. I can't wait for the rest of them to be released. Also, Micronus is a little bit of a pegwarmer where I come from, so I'm thinking of getting another one to customize, likely into another Pretender character. Waverider, maybe? (AKA Diver for any Masterforce fans reading this)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok but Alternity.

r_a-04-starscream-002.jpg

r_a-02-megatron-black-002.jpg

(I have Starscream Pearl White and Megatron Diamond Black.)

For a line with a whopping 4 molds I really like it.

Also these have some seriously nice transformations for 2009.

They're kinda like pre-MP MPs.

I particularly like Wheeljack, and that Ravage variant (he had two) where he turns from a Jaguar (the car) into a Jaguar (the animal). 

unless the Binaltech/Alternators are different from the Alternity you mentioned?

Got me dad Alternators Smokescreen for christmas because he likea the STI (and he has one, 2014)

Alternity is like the successor to alternators. Different scale (1:32, not 1:20), die cast parts, japan exclusive. And there were only four unique molds, the other two being Nissan GT-R for Convoy/Nemesis Prime/Ultra Magnus/Dai Atlas and Suzuki Swift Sport for Bumblebee/Cliffjumper

Edited by Makuta Luroka

bBhcfWO.png