Tank Ball

This is inspired of the tanks from the online game "Tank Ball". In case you don't know it, it's something like paintball but than with tanks.I'm satisfied with this one for several reasons.First it didn't use any Hero Factory piece which is a while ago.And second it only uses one ball joint (not counting the ones of the Toa limb pieces) .As far as I know you can also build this thing in dark-red (which is nice because dark-red and green are colors of the orignal tanks) :biggrin:Enjoy and C&C appreciated

Edited by Sparkytron

I had a signature once

it's gone now

Nice! I'm not familiar with the game, so sorry if I point out a flaw that is part of the original design. The shock absorbers are pretty cool, and I really like the use of pieces here. However, I think it would look better if you put some eyes in that Visorak head. Also, the Inika chestplate on top both spaces the relatively thin cannons way too much and is annoyingly large.

aouROFb.png

Very nice MOC. I'm unfamiliar with the source, but it still looks very interesting. In particular, I like the overall shaping of the six wheels and the compactness of the general torso region. However, there are a few things that I think could be added. Attempting to put some sort of Metru green element in the Visorak eye holes would be nice. Perhaps if some smooth System panels exist in that color you could use those? Also, I feel that the back of the cannon is a bit too ... open. The edge of the Inika armor that juts out just seems a little strange-looking. Possibly, the pin holes could be used to build that section out. Exposed axle holes on some of the hands are also a bit bothering. Ideally, more of those Ben 10 greebles could go in those, but I understand they're limited.However, overall I still really like this MOC, as my few criticms were quibbles overall. And, the fact that it can also be made in Metru red is fanastic. :) It would certainly be cool to make two of these and have them fight.~B~

Edited by Ballom

I like it! I especially adore the way the "legs" were angled from the under-body shot. I also like the color scheme. May I ask what this is based on?Edit: I did a bit of research. Couldn't find much info, but at least I saw some images. The MOC looks pretty accurate. I actually like the look of the MOC than the ones in the game however. :P

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Without any prior knowledge of Tank Ball, this seems like an interesting MOC. As simple as a Google search is though, I figured I'd research your inspiration. I must say, you've made quite a faithful recreation of the "tank ball" vehicles, going so far as to allow the top half of the tank to swivel. The Visorak head certainly gives it a more fearsome look, leaving the game's tank ball vehicle looking very bland in comparison to your work. You even went the extra mile and added suspension to the wheels, allowing for a little spring action when dropped (I assume). This whole thing is such an innovative design! Wonderful work.-Ced

It appears we are all oblivious to the source material. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif The suspension system is very cool and looks like a more-all-terrain version of the original which I am now familiar with thanks to the wonders of Google Images. The build is incredibly cohesive and pulls of something I never expected to see: a Visorak body used effectively as part of a vehicle. I'm now sure how that's possible, but it looks awesome.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.