Why Did Mutran & Chirox Use The Same Kanohi?

I imagine convenience of moulds is primarily the reason, but at the end of the day, being rivals to someone doesn't affect your choice in Masks. There are exceptions, no Makuta would wear an Avohkii, but there aren't an infinite number of Masks, so some are bound to be the same. For Kirop and Vican had there masks given to them by the Brotherhood, and they probably didn't have a Great selection of evil shadow Matoran masks.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

If a character finds a certain Kanohi useful, I doubt they'd choose not to use it simply because their enemy wears it too. As for Kirop and Vican, that seemed to be part of the scheme of the Shadow Matoran just following what the Makuta wore, based on set design.~B~

There isn't an infinitive amount of Kanohi in the universe, so I don't doubt why they wouldn't wear the same Kanohi.Real reason: "Oh, we don't have to make a new mold, we can just use the same one for both of these sets"

Edited by Parazan

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

All Makuta are basically the enemies of all Makuta -- it comes with the territory when you're dealing with a bunch of villains. ;) They work together -- or that is, they DID before their leader backstabbed all of them to their deaths :P -- but none of them are especially fond with any other. And there's a hundred of 'em -- no matter which mask he picks it's likely another Makuta wears the same power. Same basic idea goes for the Shadow Matoran in a sense; what Taipu1 said.And yes, set design is of course the main reason -- LEGO usually re-uses masks, it's nothing specific to those four. :)And, that answers the question! :) Thanks to all who answered, and topic closed. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)