What Happened To Jaller's Hand

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about - an image of what you're talking about would be very helpful. However, I think I vaguely recall Jaller missing a hand occasionally in the Sayger comics, especially when he did not appear in the foreground. The rough style of Sayger often led to missing details, intentional or not.He certainly never got his hand chopped off in the actual story - this is not Star Wars.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

He certainly never got his hand chopped off in the actual story - this is not Star Wars.

Nor is Jaller Drosselmeyer. XP -crickets a chirpin'-Anyway, I agree a picture would be helpful, but Jaller did not lose his hand (unless he left it with the crab in Mahri Nui because Matoro had a sick sense of humor, which I kinda doubt... just a little). So, yeah, I'm pretty sure what you're talking about was likely an artistic decision (such as every background matoran in the movies having the same mask, or the robots in the final battle being too small compared to an actual size ratio or Teridax dying via giant rock oh wait, that last one actually was canon... Nevermind).

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

No, he did not have his hand chopped off in the storyline. It might be artist's mistake - it's hard to actually convey the reasoning behind the lack of imagery of his right hand. I agree with the others, a picture to reveal proof of this would be quite helpful, if you could disclose such an image. :)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about - an image of what you're talking about would be very helpful. However, I think I vaguely recall Jaller missing a hand occasionally in the Sayger comics, especially when he did not appear in the foreground. The rough style of Sayger often led to missing details, intentional or not.He certainly never got his hand chopped off in the actual story - this is not Star Wars.

It's in the Sayger comics, like here, bottom panel. I'm pretty sure this was just easier to draw or looked cooler in Sayger's opinion.

Thanks, guys. Yeah, that's just one of many known instances where Sayger intentionally left details out when it suited the image he was going for, especially thinning of Piraka spines. It's just part of his style. Also, sets are just representations anyways; you could see that image as representing his hand balled into a fist for example, and the comics are always drawn in set style, not the more canon movie/book style in which you would always see a Glatorian-esque hand with fingers.Question answered, topic closed. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)