• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

What Happened To Jaller's Hand

Hands without Jaller

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Elrond of Rivendell

Elrond of Rivendell
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 17-October 11
  • 1,447 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 09:21 PM

Does anyone know why Jaller didn't have a right hand in the comics? He had a sword, and then he had no hand and no sword. Was it cut off? Or was this drawer's error?-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

#2 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 04-September 06
  • 11,378 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about - an image of what you're talking about would be very helpful. However, I think I vaguely recall Jaller missing a hand occasionally in the Sayger comics, especially when he did not appear in the foreground. The rough style of Sayger often led to missing details, intentional or not.He certainly never got his hand chopped off in the actual story - this is not Star Wars.

tumblr_ngen45A4Ri1tryxewo3_1280.png

#3 Offline Actually... I'm Santa

Actually... I'm Santa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 12-October 03
  • 1,370 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 09:45 PM

He certainly never got his hand chopped off in the actual story - this is not Star Wars.

Nor is Jaller Drosselmeyer. XP -crickets a chirpin'-Anyway, I agree a picture would be helpful, but Jaller did not lose his hand (unless he left it with the crab in Mahri Nui because Matoro had a sick sense of humor, which I kinda doubt... just a little). So, yeah, I'm pretty sure what you're talking about was likely an artistic decision (such as every background matoran in the movies having the same mask, or the robots in the final battle being too small compared to an actual size ratio or Teridax dying via giant rock oh wait, that last one actually was canon... Nevermind).

#4 Offline Peach 00

Peach 00
  • Banned Members
  • Submerged!

• 31-August 09
  • 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 10:35 PM

No, he did not have his hand chopped off in the storyline. It might be artist's mistake - it's hard to actually convey the reasoning behind the lack of imagery of his right hand. I agree with the others, a picture to reveal proof of this would be quite helpful, if you could disclose such an image. :)
On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground
Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

#5 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 25-May 09
  • 2,071 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 10:50 PM

It's in the Sayger comics, like here, bottom panel. I'm pretty sure this was just easier to draw or looked cooler in Sayger's opinion.

~click.gif

tohu_head_by_0nuku-d88efx4.jpg

Thanks for voting Tohu 2015, winner of GAC #21, A Picture is Worth a Thousand Likes!

Rahkshi Corpus Profiles BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

Latest Blog Entry: Art to MOC Contest!

#6 Offline Toa Varova

Toa Varova
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 30-December 07
  • 1,901 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 11:19 PM

Yeah, I noticed too. Only in 2006 comics, though. The artist most likely forgot it.

Nothing could prepare Sybre for the final battle.

Head down to Snax in the comic forum to see the battle that will determine the fate of Sybre.

Out of Snax

See it now. Do it.

Click here to go to Snax!

"If you're really gonna refuse to die... I'll definitely enjoy the next 11 minutes."

-Toa Varova, Out of Snax Part 3

#7 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 14-March 03
  • 19,402 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Apr 13 2012 - 11:23 PM

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about - an image of what you're talking about would be very helpful. However, I think I vaguely recall Jaller missing a hand occasionally in the Sayger comics, especially when he did not appear in the foreground. The rough style of Sayger often led to missing details, intentional or not.He certainly never got his hand chopped off in the actual story - this is not Star Wars.

It's in the Sayger comics, like here, bottom panel. I'm pretty sure this was just easier to draw or looked cooler in Sayger's opinion.

Thanks, guys. Yeah, that's just one of many known instances where Sayger intentionally left details out when it suited the image he was going for, especially thinning of Piraka spines. It's just part of his style. Also, sets are just representations anyways; you could see that image as representing his hand balled into a fist for example, and the comics are always drawn in set style, not the more canon movie/book style in which you would always see a Glatorian-esque hand with fingers.Question answered, topic closed. ^_^

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users